Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    I mean, I literally jumped into this conversation by saying:

That's hardly the ringing endorsement you're suggesting. After that it's been mostly pushing back against the idea that "it's just land voting!", which is just asinine.
    The principle is stupid and bad. That is precisely my argument.

I guess we can agree it isn't insane? Just dumb and anti-democratic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Not everything is about a "voting bloc". People can have some aspects of shared ideals, shared identity, and shared concerns, even if they're a part of polar opposite voting blocs. You've been given examples of such. If you can't muster the mental capacity to understand them, that's on you.
    You need to calm down and not take this so personally.

But please, demonstrate to me how these shared ideals, identity and concerns are accurately reflected by state boundaries. Because they are, as we have established, definitely not reflected in voting records.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    I hate to say it, but at this point, I personally don't want Trump impeached unless it is done by the CURRENT Senate where the GOP is forced to vote for it and even then with it being this late. It still makes it easy on them and gives them some cover when the legal axe hits him.

At this point, I would like for them to wear that scarlet letter on them that they refused to when it mattered and got to this and all the legal stuff that followed and them having to own up to the fallout more directly in 2022 and 2024 where the cult will split the vote on it. Otherwise, they will try and get him out, retcon their support of him and then try and unify behind people who try not to speak his name in public in any terms to expose their crimes and the divisions.
    Outside of a couple of people, most the senate stays the same. So their votes will still be towards them anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I'm still not convinced that Trumpism thrives when Trump is removed from the equation.

Certainly his base will still be around, but they're not going to be putting on their military LARP gear and piling into the back of a pickup to go to a Ted Cruz rally.
    His base has always been there. They are the same ones who listen to Alex Jones, Glenn Beck, Hannity and others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Oh, I think everyone is smart enough to see it. People really aren't that complicated.
    Humans are simple, we are clannish, evil, self-centered apes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    I hate to say it, but at this point, I personally don't want Trump impeached unless it is done by the CURRENT Senate where the GOP is forced to vote for it and even then with it being this late. It still makes it easy on them and gives them some cover when the legal axe hits him.
    The current Senate should be forced to vote on it. But if they refuse to convict, impeach him again with the next one. He should be stripped of his government-funded perks if nothing else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    The conversation has already been presented as evidence.

10+ Year Old Account
    The conversation has already been presented as evidence.
    Evidence of your narrow mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    I really think the Democrats need a better majority leader then Schumer. I don't have anything against him per se, he is just far less effective then his GOP counterpart. I would love to see a more effective and aggressive majority leader. Someone like Cory Booker maybe, or Elizabeth Warren. I am sure other people have good candidates for that, I just don't really feel Schumer is effective in the role.
    Schumer can reach across the aisle. And that will be needed. 50/50 isn't comfortable.

Evidence of your narrow mind.
    It's all there.

Enjoy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    You don't even need legislation to do that, it's becoming increasingly unprofitable and a PR disaster for these companies.

Just like what happened in Alaska - they opened up leases for drilling/exploration rights in the arctic and...the state of Alaska were pretty much the only bidders. Why? Because drilling for oil up there is extremely expensive. Because it's a gamble, and with the cost of oil dropping it has little chance of paying off. Also, because of huge social/PR consequences for any company that decides to go up there and cover the wildlife in sludge.

Sometimes, the market handles everything all on its own.
    It looks like the market will punish Trump hard.

The New York Times reported that Deutsche Bank had determined it would not do business with Trump in the future. Unfortunately, Trump still owes the bank $400 million dollar. Under normal circumstances, a borrower might seek to refinance or extend those loans. However, since Deutsche Bank wants to terminate their relationship, that's out. He may try to get a loan from a different bank. Unfortunately, it may be very difficult finding a Wall Street bank willing to refinance his properties.

Case in point.

This week, Trump lost his accounts at New York’s Signature Bank, which gave back the money and put out a statement telling him to resign.

Also this week, Professional Bank of Florida said it would no longer do business with Trump. Trump's accounts at the bank include an $11.2 million dollar loan and a $5 million dollar money market account.

Cushman & Wakefield, which handled all of Trump's office lease negotiations and agreements, would not longer work with him.

PGA of America decided to move the 2022 PGA Championship from Trump’s Bedminster, N.J., golf course.

British Open organizers said they would not use Trump’s Turnberry club in Scotland for the foreseeable future.

Trump’s D.C. Hotel operates the federally owned Old Post Office building under a contract with the federal government. Therefore, for the last 4 years Trump has effectively been his own landlord — and a fairly understanding one. He will soon have a new landlord: the Biden administration. Which may not be as understanding.

Some experts think the Biden administration may have grounds simply to revoke the lease, particularly if Trump runs into further legal trouble. One clause in the contract says Trump would be in violation if he is “under investigation by any government authority for alleged criminal activity.”

Shopify won't host TrumpStore.com anymore.

I am sure that there will be more. A lot more.

- - - Updated - - -

You are probably right. I am enjoying the misery of the Trump's clan and the Republican party immensely right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    The New York Times reported that Deutsche Bank had determined it would not do business with Trump in the future. Unfortunately, Trump still owes the bank $400 million dollar. Under normal circumstances, a borrower might seek to refinance or extend those loans. However, since Deutsche Bank wants to terminate their relationship, that's out. He may try to get a loan from a different bank. Unfortunately, it may be very difficult finding a Wall Street bank willing to refinance his properties.
    Hell, he might have trouble finding a mob boss to lend him money. I mean, mob bosses do have a reputation to uphold. Can't be seen with anyone committing sedition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again, it's time for Guess the Speaker!

You can either go down in history as a patriot, or you can go down in history as a pussy!
    "...no."

Yep. That's Trump talking directly to Pence about the election certification.

Oh, and there's a follow-up.

He set Mike Pence up that day by putting it on his shoulders. That’s a pretty unPresidented thing in American politics. For a president to throw his own vice president under the bus like that and to encourage his supporters to take him on is something just unconscionable in my mind.
    That's Governor Pence's advisor on the subject.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being a patriot once doesn't overrule four years of being a pussy.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    It's all there.

Enjoy!!!
    You truly are a hopeless case....

Not at all, I provided evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post

I am sure that there will be more. A lot more.
    Who would have thought the handful of deaths in the capitol would be more impactful than the hundreds of thousands who've died over the course of the year...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, what hope is there, when a Facebook post with millions of viewers, can complain that their view is being censored. How the most dominant voice in cable news, can represent the censored.

Edit: no... really... what hope is there when...

A Trump supporter, gets trampled while carrying a don’t tread on me flag.
    Blue Lives Mater flag carriers, attack and murder a cop.
    A president that claim private enterprise having the ability to shut him up, is like China.
    Conservative commentators having a shit fit that social media is removing their followers, while they announced a crack down on fascist and QAnon.

Unless we can clone Trump and have him tell these people the truth... there is no hope... Uncle Sam can materialize, riding in on a stallion... Trump supporters would roll coal, while calling him a liberal cock that needs to buy a pick up truck and then shave Trump 2020 on the horse, while screaming nonsense about PETA being in cahoots with China...

While this is happening... conservative media will claim Antifa is responsible, while Trump claims that other people have said much worse things about Uncle Sam, while implying he short JR.
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-01-13 at 05:45 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Not at all, I provided evidence.
    That I explained why it exists and why it isn't going away.

You seemed quite exuberant in your defense of such things.

10+ Year Old Account
    You seemed quite exuberant in your defense of such things.
    Judging by the last several posts between you two, being so broad... I don’t think either one of you remembers what you are talking about.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Hell, he might have trouble finding a mob boss to lend him money. I mean, mob bosses do have a reputation to uphold. Can't be seen with anyone committing sedition.
    Even mobsters oppose nazis.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters