Quote Originally Posted by Resurgo View Post
    wow, if he had more speeches like that, he would've coasted to a 2nd term pretty easily.
    I mean, the only need for such a speech is if the President involved has wrecked the country and is now wondering how to escape the flaming destruction he’s left behind. So no, he wouldn’t have coasted to anything. Because this speech doesn’t change who he is and what he does. He’s a cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Oh, I get it. You are whining that a guy who isn't even part of this, isn't doing enough to stop it. You are also whining that the very same guy isn't pushing the thing you don't want, as fast as possible.

Then when prodded on exactly what you want, you opted to shitpost your way out of it.
    I'm just saying he could urge the powers that be to do things sooner rather than later. There is nothing more to discuss if you're going to be confrontational.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    In case anyone missed it, the White House just released a video speech starring the Orange Man himself.
    "I denounce the violence I personally instigated, a full week after the fact. Now, put me back on Twitter."

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    I'm just saying he could urge the powers that be to do things sooner rather than later. There is nothing more to discuss if you're going to be confrontational.
    But, you don't want him to even do it in the first place, showing just how disingenuous you are being. You tried to blame Biden for this happening in the first place, when he's not a part of the process, at all.

When that blew up in your face, you decided to move goalposts, and blame him for something Mitch Fuckstick McConnell chose to do. So tell me, how does he "urge" McConnell to move faster?

If McConnell can flip the bird at Trump and get away with it, it's a safe bet that Biden will receive the same...assuming McConnell bothers to acknowledge him to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Yes there is some precedent. But if Trumps want to this will go the SC and well, he stacked the courts so who knows. Maybe this would be their final favor to him.
    I doubt it the political class basically thinks has outlived his usefulness unless he has something to offer them post presidency even the SC will turn on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Not all that very. Unlikely he'll be found guilty of insurrection. Probably will still lose a lot of court cases and money, though.

Oh, you meant impeachment? Yeah, being impeached after you leave office is a lot like being deciding on dessert after you've already left the restaurant.
    Hey you can always stop for ice cream in the way home.

And post-term impeachment and conviction means he can never again hold federal office.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    @cubby will this have any effects on the civil cases that are being prepared by the attorney general of NY state against the Trump Organization?
    It shouldn't affect them, no. The investigations going on by NY State AG and the Manhattan DA's office are all regarding past actions.

- - - Updated - - -

"I denounce the violence I personally instigated, a full week after the fact. Now, put me back on Twitter."
    Exactly. This is a man-child trying to placate their parent after they have been caught stealing from the cookie jar (and then burning it to the ground). Contrition like this, after the punishment, is yet another sign of Trump's complete inability to acknowledge his wrongful (deplorable) acts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Unless his argument is that impeachment is so emotionally draining that Trump will die if it follows through... I don’t understand why he is talking.
    ...say it again, this time, in a husky voice for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Keep him banned on Twitter after this apology and watch him walk it back. ‘I was never really sorry anyway!’

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    In case anyone missed it when he read it out:

In a statement released by the White House, President Trump said, "In light of reports of more demonstrations, I urge that there must be NO violence, NO lawbreaking and NO vandalism of any kind. That is not what I stand for and it is not what America stands for. I call on ALL Americans to help ease tensions and calm tempers. Thank You."

Sounds more like Trump trying to save his ass from impeachment...
    Too coherent, too on topic, no rambling.
    0/10, would not believe, not enough MAGA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    You need to call a psychic and a numerologist... QAnon knows what he really said... how are we supposed to unite as a nation, when we don’t follow the logic of the other side?

I have just 3 letters for you... C... G... Eye... notice the signature Kubrick style... not a single woman in the video... just like the moon landing...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    The man has moments, the tell that it's him is the "I call on ALL Americans..." bit. We all know who's responsible, but it's up to everyone to settle down. No, I don't think so. Easing up on the people who just attempted a fucking coup is the last thing I'm going to do.

Because that's what this message really says to those people. "If you're listening, I'm telling everyone else to chill the fuck out on your asses, because I don't think so badly of you in specific, it's everyone else's job to ease up."
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...say it again, this time, in a husky voice for me.
    You got it, dude:

Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Now he condemns the violence. Too little, too late. Wonder if his minions feels betrayed.

“Donald Trump belongs in jail.”

Ex-FBI Director @Comey says while he “obviously believes” the president should be in jail, he doesn’t think “pursuing that is in the best interests of the American people”, adding Joe Biden should "consider" pardoning Donald Trump

#Newsnight https://t.co/RUghKyq5nW
    https://twitter.com/BBCNewsnight/sta...252450308?s=19

Interview vid in link.

James Comey gtfo. You really have some bad takes.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Now he condemns the violence. Too little, too late. Wonder if his minions feels betrayed.
    The "DEEP STATE!"(tm) finally got to him.

Now he'll be forever known as Deep State Donald.

Only to save his ass legally. Trust me his lawyers are scaring the shit out him with criminal prosecution.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The "DEEP STATE!"(tm) finally got to him.

Now he'll be forever known as Deep State Donald.
    Upon winning the election 4 years ago, he couldn't stop talking about setting records. He's uncharacteristically quiet now.

Republican Trumpers are the party of Snowflake Freedumb.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...-riot-n1254011
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.