Poll: Would you join The Patriot Party

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The Patriot Party

Trump is considering starting the 'Patriot Party' after facing criticism from top Republicans over Capitol riot, The Wall Street Journal reports.

Embittered by critical comments from some top Republicans, outgoing President Donald Trump is considering a launch of a new third party, The Wall Street Journal reported on Tuesday.

Trump, with just hours left in his one-term presidency, would like to call it the "Patriot Party," The Journal reported, citing sources "familiar with the matter."

The report comes after Sen. Mitch McConnell, the top Republican in the US Senate, delivered a speech Tuesday blaming Trump for this month's riot at the US Capitol.

"The mob was fed lies," he said. "They were provoked by the president and other powerful people."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bus...j-2021-1%3famp
    So what do you think what party or ideology are you and would you join The Patriot Party?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

He really should have kept that to himself until after the senate trial. It's predictable, but still...

How can you call a group of traitors patriots? They literally want to shred the constitution.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they have a crack suicide squad like the Judean People's Front.
    /s

I always laugh at products or companies when they put something like "patriot" in their name because it is the most lowbrow pandering to dumb Americans. Pushing this faux patriotic to make them buy up their garbage. It also typically turns out to be pretty crappy product anyway.

In the end though I hope Trump tries to start his own party because it will absolutely destroy any chance Republicans had anywhere but the deepest red parts of the country. If Republicans and the Trump cult are tearing each other apart for their voters then Democrats will almost cake walk through every election. Republicans can wave good bye to states like Texas and Florida because both those states have large Democrat populations that will take everything in the national elections and Republicans and Trumpians tear each other's throats out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I hope they have a crack suicide squad like the Judean People's Front.
    What about the Judean Popular Front?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Hmm, violent mobs roaming the streets, a crazy failure at the helm of a nationalist party, wild conspiracy theories and propaganda... where have we seen this before? This totally sounds like a good idea...

/s
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    How can you call a group of traitors patriots? They literally want to shred the constitution.
    It never claimed to be US Patriots. Based on 2016 and where the current Parler servers are I'd say they're patriots....just for Russia.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    That is usually how it goes. Whoever wins is the real patriot .

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have to call it the "Patriot Party", you know it isn't.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I hope he does follow through with this. If only because I don’t think he’s smart enough to realize all it would do is split the Republican vote. Democrats would become the permanent presidential party.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    That is usually how it goes. Whoever wins is the real patriot .
    No, they LITERALLY tried to overturn a democratic election, they are no different than the Confederate traitors and should be treated as such. But this time, I hope they start executing them for their lawlessness.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    No, they LITERALLY tried to overturn a democratic election, they are no different than the Confederate traitors and should be treated as such. But this time, I hope they start executing them for their lawlessness.
    I am going to be honest. I am not an expect in americas civil war but I was under the assumption that no one voted to free the slaves did they?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    So what do you think what party or ideology are you and would you join The Patriot Party?
    I wouldn't join it, AT FUCKING ALL, but it would be great for the thinking majority of the United States. Pull the GOP apart like warm bread. Split the ticket and guarantee Democrats in the White House for a generation.

Especially if the PP (tape?) would get themselves on the ballot in all 50 states.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post
    I hope he does follow through with this. If only because I don’t think he’s smart enough to realize all it would do is split the Republican vote. Democrats would become the permanent presidential party.
    I don't think he really cares if he splits the republican vote. I don't think he really cares if he's ever president anymore, insofar as that it allows him to duck legal ramifications for his past crimes. What Trump wants with his own party is a platform he can be in charge of with a loyal base of followers who he can spoonfeed whatever he wants while getting all of the money from them, while also being able to have people kiss his ring for a place in his party, like he wanted with the GOP.

I wouldn't be worried in the... immediate... future about such a venture. If Trump goes along this route, he will almost inevitably split the 2024 vote for the republicans and hand a victory to the democrats.

What's more concerning is this hypothetical party in the long run. While Trump might not be popular and likely incapable of retaking the presidency, the party would likely also sponsor congressmen who might just be popular enough to start winning in deep-red districts where they love the smell of Trump's bullshit. That sort of main-line crazy, unbeholden to the more banally evil republican party's usual pretense at decorum, would be absolutely horrid to have spread into mainstream politics as a main-line party slowly curtailing influence.

Frankly, the Senate voting to remove Trump and baring him from ever holding office again is the best way forward. I don't want to even invite the possibility that Trump could ever be president (or any other elected official) ever again.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2021-01-20 at 06:54 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...With blackjack and hookers?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I am going to be honest. I am not an expect in americas civil war but I was under the assumption that no one voted to free the slaves did they?
    The states that would form the confederacy were so sure that it was going to happen that they decided to go to war over it; every single one of them named the preservation of slavery as their main reason for seceding.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post

Frankly, the Senate voting to remove Trump and baring him from ever holding office again is the best way forward. I don't want to even invite the possibility that Trump could ever be president (or any other elected official) ever again.
    That really doesn't change much about him forming a new Party though...the only difference would be the Candidate...who would basically just be a surrogate for Trump anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    That really doesn't change much about him forming a new Party though...the only difference would be the Candidate...who would basically just be a surrogate for Trump anyway
    And as I said, I'm less worried about that candidate becoming president and more worried about any congressmen the party would put forth getting elected.

They might not have national appeal, but Trump's brand of conspira-crazy definitely has regional popularity, particularly in places so red it doesn't matter if the Republicans or this "Patriot party" split the vote. I don't want any further nucleation sites for cancerous main-line-Trumpism tumors. That's the way this Cult of Trump can pass on to a new leader; a "Trump-ordained" candidate moving his way through Trump-sanctioned channels on Trump-supported policy.

As it stands now the cult of Trump has no "successor" because pretty much everyone is seen as being "against Trump." Anyone new rising through the ranks will be doing so through the GOP- the party that "failed Trump" in the Trumpist's eyes. I want these people to feel, and more importantly, be, politically disenfranchised by merit of having no candidates that support their views, so long as they maintain such a crazy, twisted perspective on the world.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2021-01-20 at 07:12 AM.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post
    Not just the presidency but with a split Republican voting base being fought over tooth and nail for I am pretty sure the Democrats would get super majorities, aka 66% and higher, in both houses of Congress. Trump would be pulling a Ross Perot 2: Electric Boogaloo over all the Republicans and the world would rejoice.