Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    "Man, I really regret taking that ability that stopped me from being able to jump." -nobody, ever
    I once got feared into the edge of the platform (again) with no jump. Had to jump off instead

"Man, I really regret taking that ability that stopped me from being able to jump." -nobody, ever
    I did one time out of my own stupidity. I got that power and less than 30s later fell into a crack in the floor I couldn't get out of because I couldn't jump. Looking back I just laugh at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    Obviously this is 10,000% my opinion, but I can’t resist posting this for a moment longer.

Seriously, the pitch for torghast is you gain crack powers, BUT the enemies also participate in a scaling arms race, but also you have to manage the downsides of some of your “bigger” powers.

One of these things does not belong. If there’s a scaling race with the consistently empowered foes, none of those powers should have a downside.

Oh, but you might say “make a choice, you don’t have to take the kiss/curse powers,” ok… they’re still taking up space on the RNG table and there COULD be better options in their place (because I’m sorry, the cursed powers don’t exist to me as valid choices), or they could just BE CONSISTENT UPGRADES like the NPCs will get without fail every floor!

I know, I know, Torghast is “beaten content:” for you maybe, but some of us will keep doing it and this is one of my only complaints about the main flow of the mode. I don’t get the logic: There isn’t a curse that happens to the NPCs, the power arms race is consistent on one end but RNG-based on the other AND there are kiss/curse powers polluting the pool.

A guildie of mine just showed me timebreaker’s paradox and this post just had to happen. I do not agree with this decision to have the “the fun is in the crack powers” game mode come with downsides to those powers. We wouldn’t tolerate it to this degree outside of Torghast (Surrender to Madness is a meme talent, I’m sorry), why is it ok within Torghast where the OP-high is part of the fun?

That’s my opinion, such as it is.
    I guess you didn't play the last tier of BFA then

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It was I thought, then I got the map where you need to jump to get some extra anima powers.

OT: I disagree, I like that they exists because they are so powerful. My favourite is the 15%dmg but 5%less hp each floor. You become so bonkers with it but you also scared to die of you get less powers.
    I took that on the 2nd floor of twisted corridors and had like 15k health by the last floor, it was pretty shit but I did like 500k dps so

Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    Or tapping "forward".

- - - Updated - - -

But strafing IS faster and thus gets you away more reliably. This ability helped me to check what I already knew anyway - I never backpedal, I always strafe.
    "Hey, look at me doing a Torghast, I wonder what's around this corner. Oh shit a pack of elites, back up back up, oh shit can't back up. Guess I'll have to move closer just a little more before I can move back..." Dead.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Until you get stuck in the lava on the one level with the pathway across it where there's a very small spot you need to hit in order to not jump.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    I guess you didn't play the last tier of BFA then
    Oh I did! I just never, ever exceeded my corruption resistance! Got the enchant appearance, bought the void dragon run, and that was all I needed from 8.3's content really!
    Last edited by Omedon; 2021-01-24 at 07:23 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Actually yes. This does come up, being able to jump allows you to avoid some traps. Also it prevents you from using the super op "jump far power" also demon hunter glide requires jump, and there is even areas where there is optimal powers that require you to jump to get to. Oh also as the guy above said, the lava floor map, where you need to jump to get across.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    Oh I did! I just never, ever exceeded my corruption resistance! Got the enchant appearance, bought the void dragon run, and that was all I needed from 8.3's content really!
    It really does boggle me when people skip 95% of a patch's content.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I ran a vision every day when Stormwind was up for months, and all associated currency farming/invasions to make that happen, not to mention daily emissaries. I assure you I did not skip 8.3, I was just very selective as to my long-game goals. Numbers' relevance resets every 6-8 months, and thus is never worth "work" or a grind... cosmetics are forever!
    Last edited by Omedon; 2021-01-24 at 07:57 AM.

"Hey, look at me doing a Torghast, I wonder what's around this corner. Oh shit a pack of elites, back up back up, oh shit can't back up. Guess I'll have to move closer just a little more before I can move back..." Dead.
    There's a reason the term "keyboard turner" is pejorative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by misterrium View Post
    i did, never ever take any powerups restrict my movement in any way
    The one that deals chonky aoe damage whenever you're hit at the sacrifice of not being able to back pedal feels pretty worth it to me. I've not encounter a situation in Torghast where backpedaling was necessary.

Well, why didn't you say so? =) Don't remember the enchant appearance off the top of my head but it sounded like all you did was get that and the AotC dwagon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    There's a reason the term "keyboard turner" is pejorative.
    Yeah, and it's also the same reason these forums are toxic cesspools.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    I always took the one that makes jumping or backpadeling impossible - there is no area where you NEED jumping (actually, except one - where you have the 4 plattforms above a hall)
    Even in the fire one where there is lava, you can get to the additional orb when you hug the stones - if you do it right, you will walk up.

Had no problems with them yet. S should be unbound anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Turn your mouse + character via right button, use w for less time than you'd use s, win
    >get hit in the back and fucking die
    Just face it, if you don't use S for micro adjustments in your positioning from time to time, you're a bad player.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    >get hit in the back and fucking die
    Just face it, if you don't use S for micro adjustments in your positioning from time to time, you're a bad player.
    You do not get hit in the back if you know what you are doing, mate, which you obviously do not know. Never kitet as hunter in the early days? Vanilla/Bc/Wotlk. What I said is basic knowledge back from these days. You were NOT hit in the back. Google it when you need further instructions.

The can't walk backwards one infuriates me because I always forget about it when I need to walk backwards.

The proper way to do Kiss/Curse is for the "Kiss" to be really good. I.E. your choices are:

A. 20 Kiss, 10 Curse

or

B. 5 Kiss, 0 Curse

But if I take that power I'll just be pointlessly mashing my spacebar.

What are you talking about? Turn on the spot, walk away sideways or forward. No need to move closer. You could do that even with just keyboard turning, it just takes longer.

Frankly, all you're showing here is that you don't understand the movement mechanics in WoW.

That's literally one of the worst once

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EntertainmentNihilist View Post
    The proper way to do Kiss/Curse is for the "Kiss" to be really good. I.E. your choices are:

A. 20 Kiss, 10 Curse

or

B. 5 Kiss, 0 Curse
    The proper way is to simply never do it

This thread just shows me how inept the majority of WoW community is lmao. I'd rather not be able to jump and do 15% more damage than be able to jump, get a hidden Anima Power and its just gonna be a Mawrat one anyway.

The "Kiss/Curse" powers in Torghast suck because the curse is hardly a curse and just a minor inconvenience.