Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Well renown gain is basically automatic at this point, so it will be less effort than pathfinder, grinding up a new rep, etc, particularly if you haven't been playing through the whole time. But yeah, it'll still take a couple weeks for sure.

I'm generally OK with allowing flying one patch after content is current. It isn't my preferred solution, but I accept it. The problem is they don't actually do that consistently. Argus, timeless isle, isle of giants, quel'danis, etc. And now the Maw. They could have trivially allowed flying in the 9.0 Maw and restricted it in the new 9.1 zone.
    Flying in the maw would break the Eye of the Jailer mechanics like the cannon targeting , assassin spawns and abductions , and the "thrill" of losing stygia just wandering around.

No, MoP allowed it immediately after you hit max-level. They started hating on flying with WoD.
    You still can't fly on the Isle of Thunder or the Timeless Isle nearly four expansions later.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rmh1985 View Post
    Define need, though.

I need it to have fun in the world, and games should be fun. I can technically play the game without it, but I don't have fun that way, so it doesn't really fufill the purpose of a game then.

Since I like instanced content, I make it work by skipping almost all world content until flying is added, but it has severely diminished my enjoyment of the game compared to earlier expacs with flying at launch, and if I ever quit raiding, I'll have no reason to stick around.
    I don't have the super vivid memories of expansions that others seem to have. But which had flying at the start?

WoTLK you needed to level first
    Cata I can't remember
    MoP you had to level first (and do other stuff?)
    Draenor had an achievement
    Legion and bfa had pathfinder
    Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation's for cowards.

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    Flying in the maw would break the Eye of the Jailer mechanics like the cannon targeting , assassin spawns and abductions , and the "thrill" of losing stygia just wandering around.
    That stuff is all obsolete in 9.1 anyway. The eye of the jailer is gone. You can mount in the Maw. Stygia has no value as it can't be used to socket 9.1 items or get new maw/torghast buffs.

@StationaryHawk: Yes true, but you can't mount on Quel'danis either and that doesn't mean they weren't allowing flight at max level then.

Only Cataclysm allowed flight below max-level. Well, level 68 for druids in TBC, and level 77 to get cold-weather flight in WOTLK.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2021-02-20 at 06:37 PM.

The eye of the jailer is gone. You can mount in the Maw.
    Disclosed to be on release ? might have missed that part but we'll fight the eye in the raid afaik

It might be locked behind a quest chain but yes it'll be in patch 9.1.

Quote Originally Posted by xero5141 View Post
    I don't have the super vivid memories of expansions that others seem to have. But which had flying at the start?

WoTLK you needed to level first
    Cata I can't remember
    MoP you had to level first (and do other stuff?)
    Draenor had an achievement
    Legion and bfa had pathfinder
    Cata had flying from the start as they wanted to let people fly over the old world. In some parts you can tell they started when flying might not have been there and later rushed design because they knew flying encourages simpler gameplay.

Wait, did anyone actually think flying would be enabled in the maw? Man that's dumb
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

@StationaryHawk: Yes true, but you can't mount on Quel'danis either and that doesn't mean they weren't allowing flight at max level then.

Only Cataclysm allowed flight below max-level. Well, level 68 for druids in TBC, and level 77 to get cold-weather flight in WOTLK.
    That's not the point. Even had Shadowlands allowed us to fly from the beginning, patch content still would have restricted it based on the trend starting in TBC itself with the Isle of Quel'Danas. To expect anything different this time around and then claim we're being "tricked" is ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    That handsome scallywag Ion can't keep getting away with this
    getting away with what?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I would say to give it time. Flying use to be longer then the first major content patch. But this shows there slowly releasing there hold on having it out sooner then later. My guess would be that previous expansions shows more profit once flying has been enabled. So there probably testing that theory out. It seems someone at the corporate level is watching and comparing the sub numbers of previous with current expansion. They want to maximize profit for the long run before any showing any info on the next expansion. Just give it time. Encourage friends to resub before or once the patch hits. I am sure there watching the subchanges.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again flying will only be unlocked for already outdated content while being unavailable in the Maw and Korthia. This is Argus all over again. Next expansion MUST have flying in from the START and it must be usable EVERYWHERE.
    Nice troll....
    An Karanir Thanagor

Once again flying will only be unlocked for already outdated content while being unavailable in the Maw and Korthia. This is Argus all over again. Next expansion MUST have flying in from the START and it must be usable EVERYWHERE.
    Or you’ll quit? Oh noes snowflake

looks like this time might be worse for flying.
    people are thinking that it wont be account wide anymore.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Sort of off-topic to the thread but, boy I wish they would take all of the flight restrictions off of all previous expansions.

If they would just do that, I would probably re-sub for 6 months or so and catch up on missed content with all of my characters.

Why? /10chars

Quote Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
    I would say to give it time. Flying use to be longer then the first major content patch. But this shows there slowly releasing there hold on having it out sooner then later. My guess would be that previous expansions shows more profit once flying has been enabled. So there probably testing that theory out. It seems someone at the corporate level is watching and comparing the sub numbers of previous with current expansion. They want to maximize profit for the long run before any showing any info on the next expansion. Just give it time. Encourage friends to resub before or once the patch hits. I am sure there watching the subchanges.
    Except 9.1 will arrive roughly after the same time as Legion got its 7.2 patch. Again: its second content patch. So you'll effectively spend the SAME amount of time (in months from expansion release to flying patch) on the ground like in Legion.
    People are so easily foolable.
    Last edited by Lei; 2021-02-20 at 07:06 PM.

"Flying tricked AGAIN" It's been like this for a few expansions now. To think it was going to be otherwise shows ignorance on your part.

5+ Year Old Account
    Get ready to get tricked again next time, flybaby.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    so does stealth and not everyone cares or engages in pvp. not to mention, to quest you HAVE to come down eventually - all flight does is make the boring parts of traveling between objectives a little faster and less boring.

that said... while I didn't expect new zone to have no flight in it, I cannot say I'm actualy surprised. Blizzard HAS to make things take as long as possible, why respect their players time amirite? half the time i'm not even sure why i still come back to this game on and off.
    Why even play the game at all at this point. If a few minutes of running bothers you so much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    this argument is dead. has been dead, and disproved many times over.
    I very much doubt you can 'disprove' it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post

Most people opt out of "world pvp" by turning off war mode so that's irrelevant.
    And that's part of the issue, they need to bring pvp servers back and ditch war mode, which is a failure.