Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man you really went all out and it's interesting, but why can't we just take all the cool aspects of this and just apply them to deathknights, warlocks and demon hunters without having to force other mundane abilities into necromancers just to fully flesh them out? This is why I'm so heavily against additional classes, because you reserve new/cool abilities for them, which takes away possibilities for existing classes. I could totally see Unholy DK's getting some of these abilities and would make the spec feel new again. Some of the summon abilities you mentioned could easily be applied to Warlocks.

You even mention in the class description how they would be like a cousin class to deathknights, the same way you acknowledge that demon hunters are a cousin class to warlocks. You see the pattern here? Warlocks lost abilities when DH's came out, what do you think would happen to DK's if necromancers game out? I think it's pretty obvious and it's not the outcome I'd prefer. I enjoy playing all my 12 classes, but it's impossible not to notice that some of the classes have been pushed aside in order to focus on newer classes.

You really did create some neat abilities and I'd like to see them in game, just not under the class necromancers. I could see them being applied to DK's, warlocks and possibly DH's. You seem passionate about this and I think it would be very interesting to see your take on adding a 4th spec for each class or to rework certain specs. That's the direction I believe WoW should head, rather than creating a new class, which would only hurt current classes.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

With the release of my Bard Class concept, I wanted to add a little bit of an update to my Necromancer by adding PvP talents and a Class Icon/Color page.

A tad bit late on replying to these posts but here it goes!

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Man you really went all out and it's interesting, but why can't we just take all the cool aspects of this and just apply them to deathknights, warlocks and demon hunters without having to force other mundane abilities into necromancers just to fully flesh them out? This is why I'm so heavily against additional classes, because you reserve new/cool abilities for them, which takes away possibilities for existing classes. I could totally see Unholy DK's getting some of these abilities and would make the spec feel new again. Some of the summon abilities you mentioned could easily be applied to Warlocks.

You even mention in the class description how they would be like a cousin class to deathknights, the same way you acknowledge that demon hunters are a cousin class to warlocks. You see the pattern here? Warlocks lost abilities when DH's came out, what do you think would happen to DK's if necromancers game out? I think it's pretty obvious and it's not the outcome I'd prefer. I enjoy playing all my 12 classes, but it's impossible not to notice that some of the classes have been pushed aside in order to focus on newer classes.

You really did create some neat abilities and I'd like to see them in game, just not under the class necromancers. I could see them being applied to DK's, warlocks and possibly DH's. You seem passionate about this and I think it would be very interesting to see your take on adding a 4th spec for each class or to rework certain specs. That's the direction I believe WoW should head, rather than creating a new class, which would only hurt current classes.
    Thank you very much. I totally see your point. When I created this class concept, I made sure to do everything in my power of imagination to distinguish the two undead themed classes. Sure, you can envision some of these spells in the DK class, but the same can be said of Priests/Paladins and Warlocks/Death Knights. The whole point of new classes is to be a bonus feature of future expansions. No class needs to be added to the game. They're simply there to build hype and sell copies. I feel the Necromancer can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Hey, good job with this. You clearly spent a good deal of time creating it.

I have a few comments:

Firstly, are the pets/familiars permanent? I assume they are but it doesn't specify. Secondly, it looks like if they are there is only one perament pet. IMO the undeath necro should have multiple persistent pets, at least 3. It should be the first class with multiple persist pets.
    Familiars are always out, but they wouldn't do anything until the Necromancer uses one of the spells tied to them.

Second, please no golems. I know people have this weird obsession with golems, but necromancer raise undead corpses - they don't create golems out of body parts. Golemancy might be a specialization of necromancers, but its not an identifying feature. IF people insist on golems, they should be a talent option so that they don't have to be taken.
    Necromancer fans like Golems and I had to deliver. I wouldn't say my golems are an identifying feature.

Third, I'd like to see the undeath spec more focused on buffing his pets to do damage, not on actually doing damage himself. Necromancers should be focused on their army, not on dealing direct damage themselves. At most they might debuff an enemy or cast an occasional DOT.
    The actual main focus of my undeath spec is using their undead state to maintain their Forbidden Power. The minions are just an added bonus.

Fourth, cloth armor. While Mail and Cloth both lack any representation from new classes, necromancers really should be wearing cloth armor and using necromancy to bolster their defenses (bone armor). This also leaves mail open for a future class, such as a tinker, where it is much more fitting.
    I really love what I did by making Necromancers the anti-shaman similar to how DKs are the anti-Paladin. To me, mail armor with all its bone and chain makes much more sense!

And finally, the voice line "Whats this? An illusion?!" must play every time orb of illusion is broken.
    Haha yes, absoultey!

Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post
    LET THIS MAN REWORK ALL OTHER CLASSES BLIZZ!

seriously Im sold on this, I dont like to play caster classes, but I sure play and would probably main one of these!
    Thank you very much! It's always the highest compliment when people say they're not really fond of Necromancers or casters and yet I made them a fan!

3+ Year Old Account
    This is amazing! I think I'd have to delete more than half of my characters in order to make some more characters that I'd have be Necromancers!
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

i have no word how to describe that, its so beautiful, i would LOVE blizz to put that idea in the game, necromancers are my main in all mmo that had necromancer in it. This fan concept is just perfect wow, blizz should hire you. Nice job!

10+ Year Old Account
    Necromancer healer sounds rad AF.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    This is amazing! I think I'd have to delete more than half of my characters in order to make some more characters that I'd have be Necromancers!
    Haha, thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by lazarius View Post
    i have no word how to describe that, its so beautiful, i would LOVE blizz to put that idea in the game, necromancers are my main in all mmo that had necromancer in it. This fan concept is just perfect wow, blizz should hire you. Nice job!
    The amount of time I put in the Necro concept was insane. Thank you! I'd love to work in game development in some capacity. Sounds like a dream job. Too bad I'm in education lol.

Quote Originally Posted by World Peace View Post
    Necromancer healer sounds rad AF.
    It's absolutely one of the main ways to make Necromancers super unique and fresh. We need a dark healer in WoW!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amunrasonther View Post
    --- snip ---
    Just beautiful!!!

I have wanted a Necromacer since vanilla..... my FIRST..... character was an undead Warlock.... since I really wanted a necormacer.... and I have missed it since vanilla...

What ever people say.... Death Knights are not Necromacers.... and warlocks could never fill the feeling of a Necromancer
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-02-26 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Removed Giant Quote
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    Just beautiful!!!

I have wanted a Necromacer since vanilla..... my FIRST..... character was an undead Warlock.... since I really wanted a necormacer.... and I have missed it since vanilla...

What ever people say.... Death Knights are not Necromacers.... and warlocks could never fill the feeling of a Necromancer
    Thank you! I have to admit, the discussion over on another thread about future classes has me feeling like Necromancers are more and more of a possibility next expansion. Cross your fingers!

5+ Year Old Account
    Just going to whisper that Necromancer might be the new job we get in Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker. We won't know till May of course, but we have several hints. If it is Necro, it will be like the Diablo 3 Necro, with medium/heavy armor a scythe as a weapon and melee range.

Necro would have been a great fit for SL. Shame it didn't happen.

just a nuance, I don't want to heal anyone with my necromancer, I just want to master the magic of shadows, death and resurrect zombies and skeletons ... and i prefer plate armor or cloth armor ... not mail..would be perfect if: 3 DPS specs.stop heal and tanks specs .... nobody play them, are very boring ...

doesnt feel like a necromancer.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Just beautiful!!!

Wow! The attention to detail and passion put into this class concept is admirable. A concept of this quality is something I expect to see from a professional class designer. The time that must have been spent on this... In the past, I was a staunch opponent of a necromancer hero class because I was mistakenly afraid that it would subtract themes from my favorite class, Death Knights, specifically the spec I main, unholy. But now, if implementation were anything like in this class concept I would be super stoked for a necromancer hero class.

I know Dark Rangers will more likely be customization for Blood Elves, but I would have loved to see a class concept of this quality and detail for Dark Rangers. Wow.
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Just going to whisper that Necromancer might be the new job we get in Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker. We won't know till May of course, but we have several hints. If it is Necro, it will be like the Diablo 3 Necro, with medium/heavy armor a scythe as a weapon and melee range.

Necro would have been a great fit for SL. Shame it didn't happen.
    That's exciting to hear! Blizz needs to take the hint and finally introduce an actual Necromancer class before fans of real Necromancers find other games to play!

Quote Originally Posted by Capultro View Post
    just a nuance, I don't want to heal anyone with my necromancer, I just want to master the magic of shadows, death and resurrect zombies and skeletons ... and i prefer plate armor or cloth armor ... not mail..would be perfect if: 3 DPS specs.stop heal and tanks specs .... nobody play them, are very boring ...
    And you wouldn't have to heal others with my Necromancer concept, much like you don't have to heal others as an Elemental Shaman or Feral Druid.

Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    doesnt feel like a necromancer.
    I'm sorry you feel that way.

Quote Originally Posted by The Banshee View Post
    Wow! The attention to detail and passion put into this class concept is admirable. A concept of this quality is something I expect to see from a professional class designer. The time that must have been spent on this... In the past, I was a staunch opponent of a necromancer hero class because I was mistakenly afraid that it would subtract themes from my favorite class, Death Knights, specifically the spec I main, unholy. But now, if implementation were anything like in this class concept I would be super stoked for a necromancer hero class.

I know Dark Rangers will more likely be customization for Blood Elves, but I would have loved to see a class concept of this quality and detail for Dark Rangers. Wow.
    Thank you! Comments like these, I find, are of the highest compliment! No, I'm not a professional class designer, haha, but I definitely tried to think like one when I designed this concept. Now that I'm running Naxxramas again in Classic, it's becoming more and more clear to me how different Necromancers could be from Death Knights.

This is literally the coolest thing I’ve seen on this forum by far!! Nice work!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, just wow!

It is good to know that there are still people who love this game enough to take so much time to do something like this. Brilliant stuff!! Keep up your concept work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amunrasonther View Post
    That's exciting to hear! Blizz needs to take the hint and finally introduce an actual Necromancer class before fans of real Necromancers find other games to play!

I can see that happening. GW2 and TESO already has necromancers after all. And I really like your necro concept. Then again i haven't checked it in months, so if there have been modifications I'm a bit behind.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Anyone who thinks a necromancer could be a class in WoW is lacking in logic, there is not one good or even neutral necromancer in all of WoW, they choose to go into the darkest form of magic and its just not accepted, for one a necromancer can only be undead and they desecrate corpses to a level far beyond what could even remotely be acceptable, deathknights only get away with it because they are already in game and players would whine so much if certain things were taken away.

Fact that cant be changed is necromancer is not capable of being a hero of azeroth while still using the dead as fodder to do with as they want in battle and further experiment to create whatever they want.

You will forgive me, and I am going to say this as best as I can without sounding rude. But literally what you said is just, well, flawed. If wow can except shitty DK's walking around with undead then they can except a necromancer. This is a game...................NOT church. DK's were using their undead as fodder. So, out of curiosity, why can't the necromancer class do the same.

Also explain what you mean by Deathknights being in the game and people whining should certain things be taken away. Cause when I looked at the history of Necromancers for wow, they reach all the way back to Warcraft RPG. They are already in the game in some fashion just as DK's were before Blizzard chose them as a HERO class
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just beautiful!!!

Delete images when quoting, it's literally in the rules, dear God! D:
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    You will forgive me, and I am going to say this as best as I can without sounding rude. But literally what you said is just, well, flawed. If wow can except shitty DK's walking around with undead then they can except a necromancer. This is a game...................NOT church. DK's were using their undead as fodder. So, out of curiosity, why can't the necromancer class do the same.

Also explain what you mean by Deathknights being in the game and people whining should certain things be taken away. Cause when I looked at the history of Necromancers for wow, they reach all the way back to Warcraft RPG. They are already in the game in some fashion just as DK's were before Blizzard chose them as a HERO class
    It is not flawed at all, your logic in accepting a necromancer as a hero in WoW is the one that is flawed, DKs as it is barely get away with having some necromancer abilities as most of the time its just ignored and they didnt have a choice to use them in the first place.

Necromancy is not accepted by anyone is WoW lore unless they are aligned with evil, every possible scenario involving necromancy is never good at any point.

In WoW necromancer makes no sense whatsoever, its a class that is only suited for evil and plays no role in a hero being one.

No new classes in WoW are needed, there is already too many that are sidelined because blizzard are unable to balance things properly.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    I can see that happening. GW2 and TESO already has necromancers after all. And I really like your necro concept. Then again i haven't checked it in months, so if there have been modifications I'm a bit behind.
    Guild Wars have always had Necro. GW1 had necro too. It is a strong part of their lore. I love their Mesmers also - very unique class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.