Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    How many unique mounts (black drone, ZG, Baron, can't even count the PvP mounts because they'll be easier to grab in TBC) do you own on Classic?

Just out of curiosity.
    Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever seriously asked this about store mounts (in any other context than wanting to know how much someone’s spent on mounts)?

I only see this type of question regarding rare or difficult to get mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    Not what I said. I said that private server players feel like they willed Blizzard into capitulation by creating Classic in the first place.
    So?
    Private servers have shown that a legitimate interest in the product exists and considering Blizzards stance on Classic Servers, it's highly unlikely we would be having Classic servers by now without them.

Why should Blizzard now alienate those players now when they're paying customers?
    That they go back to their unofficial servers where Blizzard then sees no money from them?
    ...they may not all be #NoChanges but you definitely see a lot of them here and on the official forums complaining that Blizzard's attempts to monetize Classic are tarnishing their precious, beloved pure memories of the "real" TBC.
    This merely displays how utterly dug in into your own narrative.
    People are against the addition of monetization into a re release of game that initialy had hardly any additional monetization => They are private server players => therefore their opinion must be discarded and one should support everything as long as makes those people mad.

At least you are living up to your Username.
    is that private server players (of which there is a huge overlap in people who participate in online forum discussions like this one) have a weird sense of entitlement over the direction Blizzard takes with TBC.
    Mate, get it through your head that because someone has played on a private server doesn't invalidate their opinion when they are currently playing Classic.
    You're free to tell me that I'm just unjerking the circlejerk if you'd like but that's where I stand on this. I really don't think there's much more that I can say that wouldn't be repeating myself ad nauseum at this point so can we call it here? Thanks.
    I am telling you that your stance has no factual value and its sole prime directive is to piss off other people, which is not a constructive stance - not unlike trolls, really.
    You're not "unjerking the criclejerk", you're just pouring oil into the fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever seriously asked this about store mounts (in any other context than wanting to know how much someone’s spent on mounts)?

I only see this type of question regarding rare or difficult to get mounts.
    The obvious implication of the statement "who cares about mounts" might just be that said person does not own any rare mounts and thus does not care about unique mounts or is inclined to purchase the mount because they don't own any unique mounts.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-03-25 at 10:47 AM.

So?
    Private servers have shown that a legitimate interest in the product exists and considering Blizzards stance on Classic Servers, it's highly unlikely we would be having Classic servers by now without them.

Why should Blizzard now alienate those players now when they're paying customers?
    That they go back to their unofficial servers where Blizzard then sees no money from them?

This merely displays how utterly dug in into your own narrative.
    People are against the addition of monetization into a re release of game that initialy had hardly any additional monetization => They are private server players => therefore their opinion must be discarded and one should support everything as long as makes those people mad.

At least you are living up to your Username.

Mate, get it through your head that because someone has played on a private server doesn't invalidate their opinion when they are currently playing Classic.

I am telling you that your stance has no factual value and its sole prime directive is to piss off other people, which is not a constructive stance - not unlike trolls, really.
    You're not "unjerking the criclejerk", you're just pouring oil into the fire.
    We're going in circles here. My argument is against that of entitlement. You keep cutting off the parts of my posts where I mention this to attack different things that I've already addressed in other posts. There's no point in continuing this discussion any further.

We're going in circles here. My argument is against that of entitlement.
    You have a weird way of phrasing entitlement when you say "Private server players support this, therefore we should do the opposite".

Especially because it's not entitlement, when people don't want extra monetization in a game, they are free to voice their issues with that, especially when we talk about a re release which initially had barely any monetization, people are in their right to say that this is not something they want.

But to you, those people are seemingly the devil incarnate when you believe that the game would be better off without them.

The obvious implication of the statement "who cares about mounts" might just be that said person does not own any rare mounts and thus does not care about unique mounts or is inclined to purchase the mount because they don't own any unique mounts.
    I will truly never understand the breadth of this community’s weird, narcissistic obsession with arbitrary gatekeeping.

I will truly never understand the breadth of this community’s weird, narcissistic obsession with arbitrary gatekeeping.
    The concept of a status symbol is actually pretty simple and very common in both video games as well as real life.

You want to deny something as plainly evident as the sun rising in the east and setting in the west. There's no point in engaging in a debate with somebody who is intentionally living in an insular world that doesn't align with reality.

- - - Updated - - -

Instead of pretending like you're smarter than everybody in this thread can you address anything that I said in this post? I am not interested in arguing semantics. Either address my post or stop responding to me. Thank you.
    I already did? You didn’t say anything besides it’s a fallacy there’s nothing to address. I already told you this same exact thing has happened in retail how could you be so dumb to call it a fallacy when it’s just repeating itself again

It's never as easy as saying "everything's awesome" or "everything sucks." It's a spectrum. I certainly don't think WoW is at its peak right now but I also don't think it's nearly as bad as it has been in the past. It's a video game that I enjoy playing (probably more than I should) and I find it worth the monthly subscription cost. If you don't then just vote with your wallet and unsubscribe. And encourage others who are clearly unhappy with the current state of the game to do the same. Blizzard will never learn the hard lessons I see players like you suggesting until they start actually feeling it in their wallets. I don't buy into the conspiracies that they go out of their way to design the game poorly just because they can. There are some of the most creative, artistic and intelligent people in the industry working at the company and it's frankly disrespectfully offensive to see how routinely people on this forum completely disregard this fact in a vain effort to receive meaningless platitudes from other internet strangers.
    Fair point. I have unsubbed, always have when I dont find the game worth it.

The concept of a status symbol is actually pretty simple and very common in both video games as well as real life.
    If it were truly about status symbols and not gatekeeping, people wouldn’t generally care about cash shop items. They represent zero accomplishment.

This is more akin to “How do we keep the poor, poor”, or in this case, how you keep a casual on a tawny wind rider.

7+ Year Old Account
    Neither are the ZG mounts if you want to be accurate, they still stand out, however.

Putting aside that even on Horde side the Baron Mount is the only Skeletal Horse that Taurens can use.
    Zulian tiger is pretty unique cause of its appearence

But yeah the raptor is also not unique if you are horde.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

If it were truly about status symbols and not gatekeeping, people wouldn’t generally care about cash shop items. They represent zero accomplishment.
    The more unique elements you add to the game, the less unique each becomes.

You see this already on Retail, there is hardly any mount that truly stays out anymore simply because so many of them exist.
    On TBC, you only have a handful of mounts, when then an absolutely unique mount has no requirement or involvement other than to use your credit card, it absolutely devalues special mounts that require massive effort (or luck), such as the Gladiator Mounts or Ashes of Al'ar.
    This is more akin to “How do we keep the poor, poor”, or in this case, how you keep a casual on a tawny wind rider.
    The very purpose of status symbols is to set yourself apart from others, when everybody has them, it's no longer a status symbol.

Disregarding that the benefit of owning these special mounts has hardly any tangible benefit, it's not like people are being kept "down" because they don't own a special mount.
    When you have a tawny wind rider, you are too fucking lazy to farm epic riding, it's not other people "keeping you down".

The more unique elements you add to the game, the less unique each becomes.

You see this already on Retail, there is hardly any mount that truly stays out anymore simply because so many of them exist.
    On TBC, you only have a handful of mounts, when then an absolutely unique mount has no requirement or involvement other than to use your credit card, it absolutely devalues special mounts that require massive effort (or luck), such as the Gladiator Mounts or Ashes of Al'ar.

The very purpose of status symbols is to set yourself apart from others, when everybody has them, it's no longer a status symbol.

Disregarding that the benefit of owning these special mounts has hardly any tangible benefit, it's not like people are being kept "down" because they don't own a special mount.
    When you have a tawny wind rider, you are too fucking lazy to farm epic riding, it's not other people "keeping you down".
    On retail, the uniqueness and exclusivity of accomplishment mounts is safely intact. Each raid tier or season cycle, the top players have those mounts. Seeing people (albeit the same VDH, Fire Mage, WW Monk, RSham and Balance Druid combo) rocking the unique KSM mount was an easy identifier of accomplishment. Their uniqueness is safely intact, despite like 2 or 3 store mounts also releasing in that time.

I'm not sure who you think is like "Hey, that completely unique KSM mount is nice and all, but look at this pig mount with wings!", but I've yet to come across that person and they sound fictional.

On retail, the uniqueness and exclusivity of accomplishment mounts is safely intact. Each raid tier or season cycle, the top players have those mounts. Seeing people (albeit the same VDH, Fire Mage, WW Monk, RSham and Balance Druid combo) rocking the unique KSM mount was an easy identifier of accomplishment. Their uniqueness is safely intact, despite like 2 or 3 store mounts also releasing in that time.

I'm not sure who you think is like "Hey, that completely unique KSM mount is nice and all, but look at this pig mount with wings!", but I've yet to come across that person and they sound fictional.
    The point is people don’t notice that awesome KSM mount because there is so many unique mounts out there it’s flooded. Christ I would say even glad mounts started becoming less meaningful in mop. In tbc if you see a glad mount you’ll know it.

I don’t even know if I can take you seriously if you think mount uniqueness is still a thing in retail when there’s how many mounts now? 600? 700?

Edit: just looked it up, one person apparently has 879
    Last edited by ehma; 2021-03-25 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Oh no, a cosmetic mount that makes no difference what so ever. World is ending!
    Epic ground mounts cost 900G in BC so having a store purchased mount (which I would suspect would be mailed to all your characters, pre-account-mount style) would definitely have an impact on players beyond just being cosmetic.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ehma View Post
    The point is people don’t notice that awesome KSM mount because there is so many unique mounts out there it’s flooded. Christ I would say even glad mounts started becoming less meaningful in mop. In tbc if you see a glad mount you’ll know it.

I don’t even know if I can take you seriously if you think mount uniqueness is still a thing in retail when there’s how many mounts now? 600? 700?

Edit: just looked it up, one person apparently has 879
    So because there is a parking lot with 100 cars in it, each different, you don't notices the P1 parked there? Imagine if there was a P1 and a Veyron next to each other, does the existence of one diminish the value of the other? I play retail every night, and the KSM death elemental and gladiator mounts are still easy to pick out. I use my ZG tiger or Poundfist mostly and i still get a question about them occasionally. You seem to think that variety destroys uniqueness. I think its great walking around Oribos and seeing the variety of mounts we see. It feels you are trying to claim your personal feelings should be rule and law, are my personal thoughts invalid?
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan2 View Post
    level to like 70 in TBC and you'll be granted this mount on retail.
    Except that it was datamined from tbc client, not retail.

No way they don’t add this and other store mounts every 6 months going forward for classic tbc too. I’m just grateful they didn’t ruin classic vanilla like this

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    So because there is a parking lot with 100 cars in it, each different, you don't notices the P1 parked there? Imagine if there was a P1 and a Veyron next to each other, does the existence of one diminish the value of the other? I play retail every night, and the KSM death elemental and gladiator mounts are still easy to pick out. I use my ZG tiger or Poundfist mostly and i still get a question about them occasionally. You seem to think that variety destroys uniqueness. I think its great walking around Oribos and seeing the variety of mounts we see. It feels you are trying to claim your personal feelings should be rule and law, are my personal thoughts invalid?
    Yeah if you have a parking lot full of luxury cars it’s harder to pick out certain luxury cars than a parking lot full of Honda civics and a couple luxury cars. I really don’t see how this is such a hot take for you guys

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah if you have a parking lot full of luxury cars it’s harder to pick out certain luxury cars than a parking lot full of Honda civics and a couple luxury cars. I really don’t see how this is such a hot take for you guys
    So because you can not tell the difference between two things, means all others cant? You realize people pay money to go to car shows which literally have in the realms of thousands of unique vehicles, and each are impressive for their own reasons. What it seems like more likely is, you have a perfect vision for the game that does not mirror reality in any way. You also seem to be disconnected from what BC really was, as there was a relatively high amount mounts available and even netherdrakes and skyguard mounts were really common.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Christ I would say even glad mounts started becoming less meaningful in mop. In tbc if you see a glad mount you’ll know it.
    And I'm sure the people who earned those mounts sincerely appreciate your scientific approach here. Seriously, jump into Cdew or someone's stream and tell them their achievements and associated mounts are meaningless because there's some 1/12 N casual riding around on a flying pig.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    So because you can not tell the difference between two things, means all others cant? You realize people pay money to go to car shows which literally have in the realms of thousands of unique vehicles, and each are impressive for their own reasons. What it seems like more likely is, you have a perfect vision for the game that does not mirror reality in any way. You also seem to be disconnected from what BC really was, as there was a relatively high amount mounts available and even netherdrakes and skyguard mounts were really common.
    Lol you comparing this to a car show is so fucking moronic idk what to even say. A show where you literally walk car to car and get a good look at everyone of them, is not comparable to everyone just flying around in Outland.

Also, please if I remember tbc so badly (even tho I am currently and have been playing it for the last 3 years), tell me the amount of unique mounts there. Once you’re done I’ll give you a list of retail one to show you how vastly different the experience is.

- - - Updated - - -

And I'm sure the people who earned those mounts sincerely appreciate your scientific approach here. Seriously, jump into Cdew or someone's stream and tell them their achievements and associated mounts are meaningless because there's some 1/12 N casual riding around on a flying pig.
    I don’t need to ask any of them, I have them myself and I’m telling you from a personal experience. I don’t even use the ones I got in mop because or how less flashy they are.