Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Damn it... you are correct... if I linked the story, I wouldn’t have made the mistake... either way, I agree with Trump.
    Yup, this is one thing I can agree with Trump on as well, although Trump is a dumb son of a bitch himself. Also I doubt McConnell or Pence are even going to stand up for themselves, the GOP standing up for themselves and having some self respect when in comes to Trump has been almost nonexistent so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the new Trump rant at RNC big money donors... Can we just establish that if a democrat wins the next election, the expectation will be for GOP to overturn election in favor of a Republican?
    No.

They tried it with lawsuits. It didn't work.

Even with gerrymandering and voter suppression, they don't and won't have the votes needed to overturn a legal election.

And they tried it with direct, murderous violence.

None of it worked.

Their best bet, at this point, is to pick a lane. They can go classic conservative, trying to make the country better through lower taxes/regulation and more personal responsibility; or they can go full-blown Trump QAnon Nazi. And as you just posted, Trump is demanding that everyone pick a side. You're either with Trump, or against Trump.

The smart move, of course, is to ditch Trump. He killed over five hundred thousand Americans, including a cop whose head was smashed in with a fire extinguisher protecting McConnell and Pence. He also broke nearly every promise he made, ruined the economy and world relations, and sided with literal torch-carrying Nazis marching in the streets. And, while under multiple investigations for all the things he did (including the tax issues that the GOP intentionally shielded him from) he's blaming everyone for his election loss except him -- making up evidence of fraud which failed sixty times -- he's trying to run the show in 2024 while banned from every form of social media except Tucker Carlson's show. He's old, fat, sick, possibly senile, possibly insane, and definitely broke. In addition to all the direct attacks he personally aimed at this country to fatten his wallet and ass, not necessarily in that order. And yet most Republicans still side with him -- because Republicans spent so much time cultivating the intentionally ill-informed that a con man took their show from them, with their consent.

They should collectively buy him a Cheese of the Month Club, Omaha Steaks, Blue Chew and some of Gaetz's hookers, and wait for nature to take its course; say something flattering (no matter how disingenuous) at his funeral; and take his rabid fanbase back. This might not happen by 2024, but with the damage Trump did to their party and their voter base, they should thoughts and prayers it will happen by 2028.

Damn it... you are correct... if I linked the story, I wouldn’t have made the mistake... either way, I agree with Trump.
    Mitch is certainly a son of a bitch, but he's not dumb.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    He's old, fat, sick, possibly senile, possibly insane, and definitely broke.
    I'd have agreed until fundraising off of "stop the steal." I'm guessing almost all of that money will be funneled either through his business or to drum up more fundraising. Before that, I'd have been almost positive you're right. Now though, I'm wondering if that corruption put his overall balance in the black.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Now though, I'm wondering if that corruption put his overall balance in the black.
    Political contributions are watched -- especially in this case, since Trump already spent a bunch on his own properties and $130,000 on a whore. He can't use these contributions to pay off Deutsche Bank or the NY AG.

Political contributions are watched -- especially in this case, since Trump already spent a bunch on his own properties and $130,000 on a whore. He can't use these contributions to pay off Deutsche Bank or the NY AG.
    He can use those contributions to hold giant galas in supposed support of GOP political goals. That's what I mean by funneling the money through his properties. $10 glass of water. $90 diet coke. $5000 a plate for KFC. $200k for the hall 'rental.' It's corruption, but there's a good chance dump's in jail or dead by the time any litigation would start, even if it was possible to charge.

10+ Year Old Account
    He can use those contributions to hold giant galas in supposed support of GOP political goals.
    That's true. But in terms of his more immediate danger, that's not going to help. Trump filing for bankruptcy again, especially personally which he might, because he can't pay his loans or the back taxes, won't tarnish but actually rust his image with what's left of the conventional Republican Party.

"I must be smart, I'm rich!"
    "Show us your taxes."
    "No. It's a routine Chinese Hoax."

2024:
    "I must be smart, I'm rich!"
    "I'm sorry, sir, visiting hours are over."

That's true. But in terms of his more immediate danger, that's not going to help. Trump filing for bankruptcy again, especially personally which he might, because he can't pay his loans or the back taxes, won't tarnish but actually rust his image with what's left of the conventional Republican Party.
    I think his personal loans were something like $400m he's liable for. He raised hundreds of millions from that scam. He spent less than $10 on what it was actually supposed to be for. I expect the rest to go to his properties at 9001% markups. I think there's a genuinely good chance he could sell a few golf courses and be fine, especially if he can find someone to refi his business loans. All of this only matters though if he manages to stave off Vance.

Contributions in the US are a tricky and weird thing.
    If Trump doesn't announce that he is running for any office he in essence can collect allot of money from idiots with allot less restrained. In 2015 during the primary Jeb Bush waited a bit longer before he announced that he was running for President because he could ask for allot more donations in a more direct way.
    https://www.vox.com/2015/4/6/8354331...sh-fundraising

Plus funnelling that money to yourself wouldn't be that hard for Trump. Trump could charge himself the mailinglist of his campaign let alone all of the other stuff he can overcharge.

- - - Updated - - -

I think his personal loans were something like $400m he's liable for. He raised hundreds of millions from that scam. He spent less than $10 on what it was actually supposed to be for. I expect the rest to go to his properties at 9001% markups. I think there's a genuinely good chance he could sell a few golf courses and be fine, especially if he can find someone to refi his business loans. All of this only matters though if he manages to stave off Vance.
    Honestly I don't think he would need to resort to selling his crap to pay off his debt. He probably gotten millions off his stupid followers and if played right he could have shifted allot of money to his own pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post

Honestly I don't think he would need to resort to selling his crap to pay off his debt. He probably gotten millions off his stupid followers and if played right he could have shifted allot of money to his own pocket.
    Payment processing cut alone is probably 15% even before he has to launder it through his other businesses.

Payment processing cut alone is probably 15% even before he has to launder it through his other businesses.
    And yet Trump raised 200M from his sheep and sure not everything went to himself but even potentially he's received huge sums over the years that Trump can use to pay off his personal debt.
    Just saying, don't dismiss Trump and how well he can scam his followers to pay off his debts.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    And yet Trump raised 200M from his sheep and sure not everything went to himself but even potentially he's received huge sums over the years that Trump can use to pay off his personal debt.
    Just saying, don't dismiss Trump and how well he can scam his followers to pay off his debts.
    I mean have you met bernie or clinton?

I admit I kinda miss trump the exact same policies are happening now but its lost all its showmanship and entertainment value. Love him or hate him he at least got people invested. Now ever is back to not carrying about who we bomb or how quickly we screw over the poor cutting money promised to them. It's back to tedium.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I mean have you met bernie or clinton?
    Why, have they refused to divulge their tax info and are in massive amounts of debt to foreign banks?

I admit I kinda miss trump the exact same policies are happening now but its lost all its showmanship and entertainment value. Love him or hate him he at least got people invested. Now ever is back to not carrying about who we bomb or how quickly we screw over the poor cutting money promised to them. It's back to tedium.
    More like “now we don’t have to worry about whether the president alienated a critical US ally, pardoned war criminals, contradicted the words of medical professionals, or incited a deadly riot” on a daily basis.

The “man Biden is just so typical and normal and competent” narrative is not the “slam” republicans think it is. But of course, if they supported trump, it’s understandable why they might mistake blathering noise for substance.

As for “credit,” the only credit I will ever give trump as a “salesman” is the same degree of credit I would give to a snake oil salesman selling terminally ill patients sugar water and telling them it would cure their cancer.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2021-04-12 at 06:11 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    More like “now we don’t have to worry about whether the president alienated a critical US ally, pardoned war criminals, contradicted the words of medical professionals, or incited a deadly riot” on a daily basis.

The “man Biden is just so typical and normal and competent” narrative is not the “slam” republicans think it is. But of course, if they supported trump, it’s understandable why they might mistake blathering noise for substance.
    I still vaguely recall all those things still happening though granted I don't think biden has encited a riot yet...give it a few days a unarmed black guy was shot a few hours ago in Minneapolis and they are already looting and ignoring everything but high priority 9/11 calls already.

Let's give him a week to see if he can't even up the score a bit. Though you might have me on the medical point.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still vaguely recall all those things still happening though granted I don't think biden has encited a riot yet...give it a few days a unarmed black guy was shot a few hours ago in Minneapolis and they are already looting and ignoring everything but high priority 9/11 calls already.

Let's give him a week to see if he can't even up the score a bit. Though you might have me on the medical point.
    I dont recall Biden unilaterally declaring the abandoning of a country or calling US neighbor countries shitholes or praising an authoritarian dictator or attempting to extort a US ally for money like Trump did. Surely you can find examples of these if you “vaguely recall them” happening.

I’ve also yet to hear a “stand back and stand by” command from Biden directed at a radical hate group of commands from him to move against a government body as he parrots radical conspiracy theories. Again, you must certainly have an example of this having happened.

Also that “medical point” is worth about 500,000 American lives.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I dont recall Biden unilaterally declaring the abandoning of a country or calling US neighbor countries shitholes or praising an authoritarian dictator or attempting to extort a US ally for money like Trump did. Surely you can find examples of these if you “vaguely recall them” happening.

I’ve also yet to hear a “stand back and stand by” command from Biden directed at a radical hate group of commands from him to move against a government body as he parrots radical conspiracy theories. Again, you must certainly have an example of this having happened.

Also that “medical point” is worth about 500,000 American lives.
    Didn't he randomly bomb some middle eastern county? I admit it's kinda old hat but it annoyed someone. Like I said give him some time or his vice president some time if/when he dies.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still vaguely recall all those things still happening
    And I'm pretty sure, even if you found any of those, they'd be a half-hearted "both sides do it" attempt to compare events different by orders of magnitude. For example, maybe you'll find the time Biden erred way too far on the side of caution and suggested one sneeze could infect a whole plane. Well, gosh, hasn't COVID shown us that Biden's factually incorrect statement was still the safer move than Trump's push for packed crhuches in Easter.

So, don't bother hunting through old files to find the time Vice-President Biden pardoned war criminals (yeah, good luck with that one) or anything else you "vaguely remember". There's four years plus of context waiting with whack-a-mole mallets to beat any attempt at "both sides do it" into the ground until it's bleeding from both ears and probably the ass, depending on which end of the mallet I feel like using.

You're not the first to try "both sides do it" and comparing a jaywalker to a serial killer. You won't be the last.

P.S. I'm going to add "defended literal torch-carrying Nazis" to @Kaleredar 's list. And, in fact, I'm going to ask you to start with that one. Because honestly, any attempt to say Trump and Biden have "the exact same policies" then you're going to have to start with the extremes. When the villain says to the hero "we're almost the same, you and I" it is not followed with "we're both carbon-based life forms and are 70% water".

So start with the Nazis. Take 24 hours. Take a week. Take a month. Thing is, I already know where you're going, and it's "jaywalker vs. mass murderer". The mallet is raised, go ahead, stick your head up through the hole.

And I'm pretty sure, even if you found any of those, they'd be a half-hearted "both sides do it" attempt to compare events different by orders of magnitude. For example, maybe you'll find the time Biden erred way too far on the side of caution and suggested one sneeze could infect a whole plane. Well, gosh, hasn't COVID shown us that Biden's factually incorrect statement was still the safer move than Trump's push for packed crhuches in Easter.

So, don't bother hunting through old files to find the time Vice-President Biden pardoned war criminals (yeah, good luck with that one) or anything else you "vaguely remember". There's four years plus of context waiting with whack-a-mole mallets to beat any attempt at "both sides do it" into the ground until it's bleeding from both ears and probably the ass, depending on which end of the mallet I feel like using.

You're not the first to try "both sides do it" and comparing a jaywalker to a serial killer. You won't be the last.

P.S. I'm going to add "defended literal torch-carrying Nazis" to @Kaleredar 's list. And, in fact, I'm going to ask you to start with that one. Because honestly, any attempt to say Trump and Biden have "the exact same policies" then you're going to have to start with the extremes. When the villain says to the hero "we're almost the same, you and I" it is not followed with "we're both carbon-based life forms and are 70% water".

So start with the Nazis. Take 24 hours. Take a week. Take a month. Thing is, I already know where you're going, and it's "jaywalker vs. mass murderer". The mallet is raised, go ahead, stick your head up through the hole.
    I was speaking more on general policy. I'm not going to compare personality or presentation. Still we will go around in circles arguing over what's said vs what's done.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was speaking more on general policy. I'm not going to compare personality or presentation. Still we will go around in circles arguing over what's said vs what's done.
    It's a shame to see you write that, because you literally responded to this:

with this:

So now, you don't get to hide behind "I was talking general policy BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP". You get to defend your original statement, espeically since you singled out the riot meaning you read and understood what was being said.

Or, you can admit your original statement was wrong, that you don't in fact remember those specifically-listed policies to which you personally and directly responeded. This will, of course, require no less than an apology for responding the way you did, suggesting that those specific policies to which you personally and directly responded, with the exception of the riot, were not "all those things still happening" despite using those exact words.

In other words, deal with the situation you brought upon yourself, or admit you were posting without thinking.

You're also up against my Nazi challenge, which you might feel is unfair, but then again, I'm not the one claiming "both sides are equ--" before the mallet comes down.

It's a shame to see you write that, because you literally responded to this:

with this:

So now, you don't get to hide behind "I was talking general policy BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP". You get to defend your original statement, espeically since you singled out the riot meaning you read and understood what was being said.

Or, you can admit your original statement was wrong, that you don't in fact remember those specifically-listed policies to which you personally and directly responeded. This will, of course, require no less than an apology for responding the way you did, suggesting that those specific policies to which you personally and directly responded, with the exception of the riot, were not "all those things still happening" despite using those exact words.

In other words, deal with the situation you brought upon yourself, or admit you were posting without thinking.

You're also up against my Nazi challenge, which you might feel is unfair, but then again, I'm not the one claiming "both sides are equ--" before the mallet comes down.
    Sure why not?

I'm not invested enough to feign caring about this and would rather get back to riot updates. Though you seem to have difficulty understanding how a forum works your taking two different points from two different people and trying to blend them into one continued statement.