Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    because gta 5 released 17 sept 2013 maybe, you do see full development mentioned so they had a few years of a smaller team. Also another 1 year of development for a PC port. So 6 1/2 years development at least so not 3 years as you mentioned.
    Please, do not embarass yourself more...Development and porting as the same? Core development was 3 years and cost $137 million. (with preliminary development 5 years, 2008-2013) Where is SC now? $300-350 million and over a decade? (pre-production 2010, development started in 2011 with kickstarter and announcement)
    From 2019: https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...icromanagement

because gta 5 released 17 sept 2013 maybe, you do see full development mentioned so they had a few years of a smaller team. Also another 1 year of development for a PC port. So 6 1/2 years development at least so not 3 years as you mentioned.
    Thanks for confirming SC is in development for 11 years.
    11 years and nothing working. What a scam

Quote Originally Posted by cateran100 View Post
    Please, do not embarass yourself more...Development and porting as the same? Core development was 3 years and cost $137 million. (with preliminary development 5 years, 2008-2013) Where is SC now? $300-350 million and over a decade? (pre-production 2010, development started in 2011 with kickstarter and announcement)
    From 2019: https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...icromanagement
    What is said is the truth, gta 5 was actively in development from April 2008 to Nov 2014 so why dont you not embaress yourself by talking BS, if you want to hold a standard on SC then the truth can be said for all other games.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlechamp View Post
    Thanks for confirming SC is in development for 11 years.
    11 years and nothing working. What a scam
    There is a working game and thats fact, can you play SC for a whole night and not get any issues the answer is yes. SC has been in full development for 6 years at best, the company didnt even has many staff until 2015 so it doesnt really matter how long a game is in development.

Simple fact is no other company would even try to make a game like star citizen, it seems your only in here to talk BS as like other posters and have no actual constructive arguments on the actual game itself.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    snip
    Even if pre production was included in developed of which it is not, no other game company includes pre production in its development timeframe at all, full development didnt really even truely start until at least 2015 when they actually had what looks like a full staff, what do you expect from just having a small team trying to build a AAA MMO.

When your building a game no other company has ever made before, there is no set timeframe or guide you can follow, everything has to be practiced along as they are doing it, so how long its taking to develop is irrelevant as the game could not of been made any faster regardless of anything.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2021-05-13 at 02:39 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

What is said is the truth, gta 5 was actively in development from April 2008 to Nov 2014 so why dont you not embaress yourself by talking BS, if you want to hold a standard on SC then the truth can be said for all other games.

There is a working game and thats fact, can you play SC for a whole night and not get any issues the answer is yes. SC has been in full development for 6 years at best, the company didnt even has many staff until 2015 so it doesnt really matter how long a game is in development.

Simple fact is no other company would even try to make a game like star citizen, it seems your only in here to talk BS as like other posters and have no actual constructive arguments on the actual game itself.
    I can play StarCraft all night long and not get any issues.
    I can play star citizen and get owned by 30k error server crashes all night long.

I can play StarCraft all night long and not get any issues.
    I can play star citizen and get owned by 30k error server crashes all night long.
    I can play star citizen all night with a full crew and get no issues, i can get a crash in WoW during a boss fight, many gamers are playing star citizen as thier main game currently even though the game is not really designed to be played as one right now, if you play an alpha you expect occasional issues, your the one judging SC on a development version of the game and not even cosidering a polished version when its released.

Its just your unrealistic expextations, i only judge a game on its performance after i played the patched released version of it, i dont whine and talk BS about games in development.

I can play star citizen all night with a full crew and get no issues, i can get a crash in WoW during a boss fight, many gamers are playing star citizen as thier main game currently even though the game is not really designed to be played as one right now, if you play an alpha you expect occasional issues, your the one judging SC on a development version of the game and not even cosidering a polished version when its released.
    Sorry, anyone would expect something playable without bugs, feature complete after 11 years since the game was fully funded 6 years ago.
    But since the worst developers on earth working on this thing, %90 of what is planned on roadmaps always get delayed but that %10 which is ship sales are always on time.

It doesnt matter how long it takes to develop a game, its impossible to develop a game any faster that it can be made, you have very unrealistic expectaions on game development.
    First, no we don't.

Second, it's not that we disagree that a game takes as long "as it needs" to to be created. The issue is that the project management of SC is so terrible that things like feature creep, constantly changing priorities, and IMO the wrong priorities is making the game take way longer than it needs to. It's like they're purposely taking the scenic route, making wrong turns, making frequent pit stops and sight seeing when they should be taking the freeway and cutting their travel time significantly.

Yeah, it's their company and they can choose how to develop their game, but doing it like that is a HUGE disservice to the backers because it means the game is takinf far longer and WAY more money than it needs to.

Polishing up NPC AI to be able to tuck themselves into bed and walk to the bathroom to take a shit (why the heck do you even NEED this stuff anyway?) should come well after the core systems are in place.

Because of this, I have doubts this game will ever truly be complete. But if it DOES get completed it will be an amazing game.

But as of right now, I have yet to see anyone show something in this game that is 100% feature complete. That's a big problem. Just because you're happy with what you're being given right now, doesn't mean the rest of are, or should be.

- - - Updated - - -

Where would you roughly say SC was in relation to the above?
    Using that chart, I'd say SC is in between pre-production and production, as they're still figuring out their technological capabilities, prototyping and milestone planning.

- - - Updated - - -

, your the one judging SC on a development version of the game and not even cosidering a polished version when its released.
    Because that development version of the game is the only version of the game that exists... you can't judge something that doesn't exist yet.

Imagine after all these years, still trying to have serious discussions with these people about the problems with the project, utter madness I tell you.

Sorry, anyone would expect something playable without bugs, feature complete after 11 years since the game was fully funded 6 years ago.
    But since the worst developers on earth working on this thing, %90 of what is planned on roadmaps always get delayed but that %10 which is ship sales are always on time.
    No game is ever without bugs, its also not just one game its 2 games being developed, a hugely detailed SQ42 campaign and a massive detail universe, your opinion on how long it takes means nothing because there is nothing to compare it to.

There is a playable version of the game that is currently better than a majority of fully released games.

snip
    Anything before the game is actively being developed is never counted towards the development cycle, you cant say pre production counts for SC and it doesnt for all other games because even WoW would have a few more years added if that were the case.

You can only make a fair assessment based on what the game is supposed to have when its released, otherwise its just a biased opinion, even with New World i base my judgement on both how the game was in the test and what else its meant to be at the release date.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    snip
    NPCs are a core system, you do know it will be mostly NPCs we interact with and they are what actually will make the universe feel alive, NPCs are probably one of the most important parts of star citizen so no work on them is really going to be wasted.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2021-05-13 at 04:13 PM.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Just read this article again for the first time since it originally came out, and is it just me or has Kenn really hit every quote in it from Chris and Sandi in just the last 20 to 30 pages of this thread?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattper...h=511117895ac9

It is also archived on way back machine and a few other if you don't have free articles left on Forbe's.

No game is ever without bugs, its also not just one game its 2 games being developed, a hugely detailed SQ42 campaign and a massive detail universe, your opinion on how long it takes means nothing because there is nothing to compare it to.

There is a playable version of the game that is currently better than a majority of fully released games.
    Please stop calling sc a game.
    No final mechanic in game, no final feature, ships aren't final, quests are meh, go there and come back and maybe shoot this.
    Lore is meh meh, what lore in game?
    Lots of bugs everywhere, npcs are stupid.
    Cities are empty.
    Only maybe 50 players on each server which is empty, thats why people griefing on launch pads.

Its just a silly something which is worth like 10 million.
    And as you say they couldn't make a single player game in 11 years, don't say they were working on multiplayer because they weren't, we can see that with unstable 50 player max servers.

Tha legendary 30K error hits you right on da face

NPCs are a core system, you do know it will be mostly NPCs we interact with and they are what actually will make the universe feel alive, NPCs are probably one of the most important parts of star citizen so no work on them is really going to be wasted.
    I'm not debating that. But working on that kind of polishing work NOW when other literal core systems that are required for the game to even function properly aren't finished is prioritizing incorrectly.

You don't need NPCs that can tuck themselves into bed or walk to the bathroom to take a shit for the game to function. That is the very definition of "nice to have" kind of functionality vs the T-posing, walking in place issues they have and more importantly, server meshing technology that are absolutely "Need to have"

You don't work on "nice to have" stuff before you really have all your "need to have" stuff nailed down. Note, I didn't say "finished" I said nailed down, as in they have a solid grasp of it and are able to reliably plan and work on it with a very feasible and realistic timeline.
    Last edited by Katchii; 2021-05-13 at 04:31 PM.

I'm not debating that. But working on that kind of polishing work NOW when other literal core systems that are required for the game to even function properly aren't finished is prioritizing incorrectly.

You don't need NPCs that can tuck themselves into bed or walk to the bathroom to take a shit for the game to function. That is the very definition of "nice to have" kind of functionality vs the T-posing, walking in place issues they have and more importantly, server meshing technology that are absolutely "Need to have"

You don't work on "nice to have" stuff before you really have all your "need to have" stuff nailed down. Note, I didn't say "finished" I said nailed down, as in they have a solid grasp of it and are able to reliably plan and work on it with a very feasible and realistic timeline.
    Many of the other systems wont be required for SQ42 and thats the game that will come first so anything that is needed for SQ42 will be a higher priority, SQ42 is going to be a very detailed campaign and thats down to the small details, and then everything thats in the campaign is ready for the MMO.

I can play star citizen all night with a full crew and get no issues, i can get a crash in WoW during a boss fight
    Haha holy fucking shit man. You are such a liar! SC servers go down after a few hours, it happens all the time. Can you get a crash in WoW? Sure, does it happen every day? Nope. Once a week? Nope. Once a month? Not likely there either. God, stop lying to try and defend this game. It is just sad.

- - - Updated - - -

many gamers are playing star citizen as thier main game currently even though the game is not really designed to be played as one right now,
    You call it a released game but now it isn't really designed to be played as a game right now. Which is it?

- - - Updated - - -

There is a working game and thats fact
    Which is it?

- - - Updated - - -

it would probably have something worthwhile on that planet where in ED there is nothing to make it that worthwhile.
    Ah I love this.

SC= It could have this or it will have that.
    ED= Has X and Y in game.

You love to project SC as a complete game where you can do everything but none of that shit is in the fucking game yet but you pretend it is when you argue against another game. You are so dishonest it is painful.

Many of the other systems wont be required for SQ42 and thats the game that will come first so anything that is needed for SQ42 will be a higher priority, SQ42 is going to be a very detailed campaign and thats down to the small details, and then everything thats in the campaign is ready for the MMO.
    So then...where's SQ42? It's been "almost ready" for a very long time and they cancelled the Beta that was supposed to happen in Q4 of 2020. And they've shown no new footage or information about it because "it's ready when it's ready." If it was actually ready for a Beta in Q4 of 2020 they'd have stuff to show, the fact that they haven't says a LOT.

Going back to my statement, polishing NPC AI before the core game systems are ready is terrible prioritization.

And you'll never convince me that NPC's being able to tuck themselves into bed and walk to the bathroom to take a shit is a "core system." That's not remotely necessary functionality for NPC's. It's really cool that they CAN do that, but it's so low on the list of priorities for things the game actually needs to function that it wouldn't even make the list.

Star Citizen started with nothing, no studios and only 11 staff
    Dude that is their fucking problem for feature creeping themselves out of something they could complete in a reasonable timeframe.

So then...where's SQ42? It's been "almost ready" for a very long time and they cancelled the Beta that was supposed to happen in Q4 of 2020. And they've shown no new footage or information about it because "it's ready when it's ready." If it was actually ready for a Beta in Q4 of 2020 they'd have stuff to show, the fact that they haven't says a LOT.

Going back to my statement, polishing NPC AI before the core game systems are ready is terrible prioritization.

And you'll never convince me that NPC's being able to tuck themselves into bed and walk to the bathroom to take a shit is a "core system." That's not remotely necessary functionality for NPC's. It's really cool that they CAN do that, but it's so low on the list of priorities for things the game actually needs to function that it wouldn't even make the list.
    They have already stated we will only see SQ42 when its released, they are not showing anything until its ready, the most you will get is a tour of the javelin in the upcomming event. Even if it was currently in beta is was not going to be an open beta, evocati would be the only ones that would see it before release.

Its not up to you to decide what is relevant for the game, its up to whoever is making the game to decide, if your sleeping in a barracks with other soldiers then its kinda relelvant your going to see them get into bed or use the facilities.

They have already stated we will only see SQ42 when its released
    Except for the beta that was supposed to happen by the end of last year. That didn't happen. And has apparently been removed from the roadmap entirely.

This whole thread has become a joke a long while ago.

You can read the same arguments back and forth on every single page you decide to check.

It doesn't really matter if its "playable right now", or "vaporwear". It's just a complete shitshow at this point. I'll probably check back in a few months\years, and the same arguments from the same people will still be thrown around just like today.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Except for the beta that was supposed to happen by the end of last year. That didn't happen. And has apparently been removed from the roadmap entirely.
    It was never going to be an open beta, only evocati at most would of played it.