Page 54 of 75 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Once again, I have a level 74 paladin. I have never once been told to speed up. As a matter of fact, I've been told to SLOW DOWN because the healer couldn't keep up.
    I have every single job except for blue mage and monk capped, so what? I'm sure we're both rockstars.
    And I didn't make any mistake. Saying that the chat policy just prevents people's feelings is utterly asinine. It makes the community better because now the toxic jerks aren't allowed to be nasty to people unless they want to get hit with a ban.
    No promoting positive interactions make a community better.
    Driving everyone to discord (where I can guarantee people are talking shit about PUGS 24/7) so every pug group is radio silent or one person who ends every sentence with the ^_^ emoji because they're terrified someone will report them literally only protects the feelings of people who unironically use the term 'toxicity'.
    Also before you accuse me of being some butthurt rager who gets banned constantly. I don't talk in PUGs, ever. When I played WoW I never even pugged but if I did some leveling LFD or something I wouldn't talk in those either.
    Last edited by Saltysquidoon; 2021-06-12 at 11:27 PM.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    I have every single job except for blue mage and monk capped, so what? I'm sure we're both rockstars.

No promoting positive interactions make a community better.
    Driving everyone to discord (where I can guarantee people are talking shit about PUGS 24/7) so every pug group is radio silent or one person who ends every sentence with the ^_^ emoji because they're terrified someone will report them literally only protects the feelings of people who unironically use the term 'toxicity'.
    Also before you accuse me of being some butthurt rager who gets banned constantly. I don't talk in PUGs, ever. When I played WoW I never even pugged but if I did some leveling LFD or something I wouldn't talk in those either.
    If someone is terrified of being reported that means they have a history of being nasty in chats. And I've also never done a single duty, trial, or raid that was radio silence. I'm on the Crystal data server and every activity I do is extremely social. So either you're making stuff up or your data center just sucks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    No, i mean feminine.

You are also proving another point i've made in this thread that FF14's community is, by far, the most thin skinned in the mmo genre.

Notice how i've said i dislike the art "But if you like it that's fine". I'm not pushing my opinion on you. I've said how i feel, and somehow that's an afront to FF14 players
    See, saying you dislike the art is fine. But you've been trying to push this idea that it's "overly feminine" which is utterly ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    Please show me a single instance of a developer encouraging the players to bully and harass anyone. If you bully or harass someone for any reason you run a very high risk of getting banned.
    There isn't. T-34 keeps saying the same bullshit line over and over. It doesn't make it anymore true no matter how often he says it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    There isn't. T-34 keeps saying the same bullshit line over and over. It doesn't make it anymore true no matter how often he says it.
    If you look at everything he says too, he's a gigantic WoW fanboy who utterly refuses to say anything negative about WoW. He's also a huge elitist.

He really does and its hilarious that they are so offended and argue against it. Between the hair highlights, the painted on eyebrows, the facial hair that doesn't even look like he can grow properly, the earings, the skinny jeans, the hand on the hip, or the outfit ripped out of Stewie Griffin's dreams.
    Trimmed beard, well groomed = feminine. Got it.

If you look at everything he says too, he's a gigantic WoW fanboy who utterly refuses to say anything negative about WoW. He's also a huge elitist.
    Oh, I've seen, I've even shown my FC some of his "greatest hits" in regards to commenting on FFXIV over the months. There were laughs to be had.

No, i mean feminine.

You are also proving another point i've made in this thread that FF14's community is, by far, the most thin skinned in the mmo genre.

Notice how i've said i dislike the art "But if you like it that's fine". I'm not pushing my opinion on you. I've said how i feel, and somehow that's an afront to FF14 players
    We're not arguing that you should like it. We're just unimpressed with your apparent definition of 'masculine' and 'feminine' appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I didn't wanna get between you and the other poster, but I wanted to chime in here. I do agree that most people aren't malicious on purpose, and I do genuinely believe that a lot of people try their best.

HOWEVER, I have literal empirical data that shows that a lot of people's best is worse than simply spamming a single key over and over again and that's my only hangup with this argument and that tells me that there is a subset that's surprisingly large (roughly 1 in 5 players I run into in matchmade content) that is offensively lazy.
    That's fair. But at the same time, based on discussions that have been had with you included, you get far less triggered over it than some of the posters here. Or at least, if you do, you temper your reactions better than most.

I'm kind of in the "ignorance is bliss" category here, specifically for match made content. Partly because of this, but also because it's just not something I personally care all that much about, not because I don't care about performance, but because tracking that info takes away from some of the enjoyment I get just playing. This will obviously not fix the problem of getting "offensively" bad players in the group, but it at least doesn't make it so I'm acutely aware of it to the point where it's affecting my enjoyment.

I 1000% believe for higher end content ACT is practically a necessity and there absolutely should be thresholds for people to meet to be included. I don't find accountability to a performance standard in content where there IS a performance standard to be a bad thing.

As I said before, I don't run ACT much. When I do it's for myself on dummies and never in groups (because I forget ALL the time and the only time I ever think about it is when I want to test myself to make sure I'm at least competent before going into a group with a new-ish or less played class). As you've said, having the empirical data does show exactly whatever everyone in every group is doing if you're monitoring it, which can be depressing sometimes.

Performance metrics have their place. IMO, random matchmaking content isn't one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Honestly, he really does. That's little muscle mass compared to just low body fat.
    Your definition of "soft and dainty" must be vastly different from my own.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2021-06-13 at 10:39 AM.

As far as I can tell, in this thread we're seeing Jason Statham and Daniel Craig being called a 'girly men'.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    As far as I can tell, in this thread we're seeing Jason Statham and Daniel Craig being called a 'girly men'.
    If you're not Arnold you're literally a woman xD

/s

Shaved Jason Statham is feminine, non shave Jason Statham is not feminine. Devil is in the details it seems :P

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Shaved Jason Statham is feminine, non shave Jason Statham is not feminine. Devil is in the details it seems :P
    But his standard unshaven look is like someone painted it on, and apparently that's 'soft' and 'feminine'.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    You definition of "soft and dainty" must be vastly different from my own.
    I'm guessing that's accurate. I don't care about the face or hair or anything, but any male at a healthy weight could get that body in 4-6 months tops. There is very little muscle mass which is generally what people are looking for when they want a more masculine character.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    There is very little muscle mass which is generally what people are looking for when they want a more masculine character.
    Not sure I'd agree with that. It might be what you are looking for when you want to make a masculine character, but I wouldn't say that's "generally what people look for." And not for nothing, that's a decent amount of muscle mass in my book. More mass than that and you start to look liker a neanderthal. That's not what i consider "masculine", just... ugly.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2021-06-13 at 10:42 AM.

Not sure I'd agree with that. It might be what you are looking for when you want to make a masculine character, but I wouldn't say that's "generally what people look for." And not for nothing, that's a decent amount of muscle mass in my book. More mass than that and you start to look liker a neanderthal. That's not what i consider "masculine", just... ugly.
    Just so we're clear, you're telling me that my opinion on it is wrong while asserting that yours is the correct one? What I would personally like is better looking faces that are in the 30-40 age group as we seem to have 15-22 and the occasional 60 year old random face thrown in.

Another 20-30 pounds of muscle is a LONG way from looking like a "neanderthal", which by the way is usually distinguished with elongated skulls and excessive body hair, and not muscle mass. The average Neanderthal weighed less than probably 75 percent of this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Well, that's fair. I can't tell you what you've experienced.

You just might be the only person I've heard say that, though!
    Add me to the list. Paladin too, never expected to do that either. I do always say I am new, so I dunno if that’s a factor.

- - - Updated - - -

This doesn't look "soft" or "dainty" to me:

It actually does. I like male characters to match their environment. If it’s a dangerous world, show it on the character. He looks like he works in an office and goes to the gym after work. Not exactly “battle hardened”.
    Last edited by Soikona; 2021-06-13 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    It actually does. I like male characters to match their environment. If it’s a dangerous world, show it on the character. He looks like he works in an office and goes to the gym after work. Not exactly “battle hardened”.
    I presume then, that you expect all the women to also look battle-hardened, with weathered skin from the outdoors, scars, battered noses from having them broken and set crooked, missing teeth, and all that good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    Add me to the list. Paladin too, never expected to do that either. I do always say I am new, so I dunno if that’s a factor.

- - - Updated - - -

He looks like he’s about to go on a date to the nightclub with his boyfriend, not go slay monsters

Nothing about that picture is masculine. Not a single damn thing

The facial hair looks drawn on the upper lip, skinny jeans, hair highlight, the hand on the hip, or the outfit pulled out of Stewie griffins wet dreams

Everything looks so soft, dainty, and like he’d be more comfortable spending time in Oz braiding hair than running a raid

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    You let me know when you see James Bond wearing skinny jeans looking like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trimmed beard, well groomed = feminine. Got it.
    According to this dude if you aren't Rambo you're a girly twink and there's no in-between. Not worth your time trying.