I like Warrior and Dark Knight and I have cleared just about all content with both of them throughout the life of the game. Where they are right now though, I am still not happy with how Delirium feels (although it's still in a better spot than any previous iteration of delirium). I also feel like both of them could use some procs or something else to juggle during moments of downtime, and with the way that healers are being proposed to change, Living Dead needs another pass to be in a better spot. I do like Fray but timing him exactly is difficult with other raid buffs because he doesn't activate his first ability for the first 3ish seconds of the CD duration.

Honestly the thing I miss the most switching from WAR to DRK is the readily available charge with Onslaught. If you are using the other tanks' gap closers effectively, you typically are wasting them back to back during openers or cooldown periods. With WAR, it has a REALLY low cooldown and is only ever down during IR.
    Last edited by The Casualty; 2021-07-13 at 08:20 PM.

Well it didn't take me long to make some addons to game, first one was player frame (hp/mp) and now i've made automatic reading of quest text (can be disabled with a button if cutscene has voice)
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    now i've made automatic reading of quest text (can be disabled with a button if cutscene has voice)
    Isn't that just what pressing Space Bar does? Changes it between automatic and manual quest text?

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Isn't that just what pressing Space Bar does? Changes it between automatic and manual quest text?
    I meant text to speech. Actual voiced cutscenes and quest texts. Tho it's just in one voice.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    I meant text to speech. Actual voiced cutscenes and quest texts. Tho it's just in one voice.
    Ahhh, that makes more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    You're welcome.

Just one of the fun things you can do with it:

one of my fav ones i did xp im a big yotsuyu fan

someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordin Solus View Post

Those are some very nice assets. Is that bunny's face default though? It's kinda scary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordin Solus View Post
    Neat!
    Don't recognize the bunny's dress though.

the face and dress are things from outside xp its a goth makeup and a altered dress xp same as yotsuyus tatts
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

I was watching some of the 1.0 stuff and came across this Ul'Dah intro, which was great. I wish they would've kept something similar in ARR, bonus points if you actually got to fight the Goobbue since one of the complaints about 2.0 is how long it takes to get into combat with anything. I've been surprised how good the cutscenes from 1.0 look in general.

"We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I was watching some of the 1.0 stuff and came across this Ul'Dah intro, which was great. I wish they would've kept something similar in ARR, bonus points if you actually got to fight the Goobbue since one of the complaints about 2.0 is how long it takes to get into combat with anything. I've been surprised how good the cutscenes from 1.0 look in general.

It's been a long time but I believe you did fight it, before it runs off. I also remember Limsa's opening having a bit of combat as well. I also remember it being 90% just auto attacks or throwing rocks if you were a crafter/gatherer

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    This too. Garuda EX min ilvl silence echo sounds impressive but when you have 7 people who have already done ultimates carrying you, it LOOKS easy because Asmon can make mistakes every 2 seconds and still clear. Asmon would almost certainly learn the game faster if he blind prog'd with a bunch of other new players, but it would also take longer.

I know the streamers that are getting together to "prog" ultimates with Asmon and Rich. They're all streamers who have done all 3 ultimates over 20 times each. That's really going to make Asmon and Rich go "EASY GAME MAN" because watching ultimate prog of 7 pros and one fresh player that gets a kill in like 40 hours is the equivalent of a WoW raid carrying one person to a final mythic boss. Sure, there's more individual responsibility in ultimates than mythics but it's not like asmon and rich are going to have to learn the fight with 7 fresh other people. Everyone has to mess up at a mechanic before they can really learn it, which means far more learning needs to happen overall in a fresh prog.
    To be fair he's not saying easy game man as like a fact, he's saying it as a meme/troll persona thing. He's a surprisingly good sport about it and I'm the furthest thing from an Asmon fan.

That said though you aren't wrong. He on average has like 4 perfect legends at a time in his parties who play very well and are allowing him to bypass a lot of learning time. I mean he still fucks up optimal defense cooldown usage (or even just usage LOL). But he's actually taken longer to clear EXs than I have in pugs on day 1, but then again the only EX's I ever do min ilvl are the first 2 in an expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    So got Bard to 80 last night, which is putting me at a tank\melee\physical range 80. This is an accomplishment for me who a month ago had no 80s.

I am looking at a healer next, and honestly am curious about scholar. I know they are a shield healer and have a bit more to them than White Mage but something about them seems neat. Anyone got positive or negative opinions about them?
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    So got Bard to 80 last night, which is putting me at a tank\melee\physical range 80. This is an accomplishment for me who a month ago had no 80s.

I am looking at a healer next, and honestly am curious about scholar. I know they are a shield healer and have a bit more to them than White Mage but something about them seems neat. Anyone got positive or negative opinions about them?
    Healer gameplay was broken in Shadowbringers. Scholar and Astrologian used to be really fun but now they're hollow shells of their former selves. White Mage is the only remotely "fun" healer right now, and even then it's pretty barebones.

- - - Updated - - -

If you care about story, Scholar has perhaps the best overarching 30-80 job storyline. No one individual scholar storyline is particularly notable, but by the time I finished the level 80 quest, I was pretty satisfied. That said I wouldn't see it's worth leveling up a scholar based off of the merits of the story alone. Then again, levelling up scholar also levels up summoner, so if you need a magic caster to do the caster ShB role quest storyline, then you can knock that out at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was watching some of the 1.0 stuff and came across this Ul'Dah intro, which was great.
    F'lhaminn ♥
    One of my favourite characters.
    I wonder if the little one was Minfilia. I vaguely remember some event with F'lhaminn's involvement and her being orphaned or sth. Too long ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Healer gameplay was broken in Shadowbringers. Scholar and Astrologian used to be really fun but now they're hollow shells of their former selves. White Mage is the only remotely "fun" healer right now, and even then it's pretty barebones.
    Pretty much, you DPS most of your time but only have 2-3 buttons to press.
    Compared to the old Scholar it's depressing.

F'lhaminn ♥
    I wonder if the little one was Minfilia. I vaguely remember some event with F'lhaminn's involvement and her being orphaned or sth. Too long ago.
    It is that's why F'lhaminn adopted her. She felt responsible for what happened.

Yeah, it's quite unfortunate that post 1.0 FFXIV cutscenes on average do not look as good as 1.0's cutscenes did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post

- - - Updated - - -

If you care about story, Scholar has perhaps the best overarching 30-80 job storyline. No one individual scholar storyline is particularly notable, but by the time I finished the level 80 quest, I was pretty satisfied. That said I wouldn't see it's worth leveling up a scholar based off of the merits of the story alone. Then again, levelling up scholar also levels up summoner, so if you need a magic caster to do the caster ShB role quest storyline, then you can knock that out at the same time.
    Does SE typically do sweeping class changes each expansion? I get that they dont really do a PTR but i have not played long enough at any point to tell a difference mechanically, and expect to be playing in endwalker this go around.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

F'lhaminn ♥
    Yeah, the little girl there was Minfilia and the man that dove to save her was her father, Warburton, who ending up dying from his injuries caused in the incident.

F'lhaminn took her in after all that happened.

https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Minfilia_Warde

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Does SE typically do sweeping class changes each expansion? I get that they dont really do a PTR but i have not played long enough at any point to tell a difference mechanically, and expect to be playing in endwalker this go around.
    For most classes no. But a few have, like WHM with the addition of the lily, MCH with the complete overhaul of the heat mechanic and addition of the mech BRD with the songs being a part of their actual rotation and SMN which I'll not discuss....because fuck SMN and SE for what they did to it. Others get changes as is par for the course with any MMO when expansions release, but nothing I would consider "sweeping," but some updates have been enough to change the classes enough to push people away who liked them before or draw new people in who didn't like it previously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Yeah, the little girl there was Minfilia and the man that dove to save her was her father, Warburton, who ending up dying from his injuries caused in the incident.

F'lhaminn took her in after all that happened.
    Hah, this old fart did remember something right for once.