Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    Funny how only the people making arguments against your opinion are being labeled then. It's an amazing coincidence I'm sure.
    Isn't that just common sense though? If you make an argument in defense of harassment you might be labeled as toxic because you support harassment? It isn't some amazing thing but just how toxicity works. Lol.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Your opinion about the severity of harassment in a video game is entirely irrelevant. Blizzard is under no obligation to consult you (or anybody else) about their decisions and your inability to grasp this incredibly simple concept says a lot more about you than it does the issue being discussed.
    No shit haha. I never said blizz had to consult me. We are on a poorly run fan forum of a 15 year old game. We are all just posting opinions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Ah yes, I too, get my information from people who don't have expertise in the field at all.
    Well thats a pretty dumb thing to do. Id advise against that

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon8669 View Post
    There is a reason though, to kill them. I mean that's the whole point and to me that's the game. People need to stuff their feelings and "harassment" lol I guess I just come from a generation we're you kept you "feelings" to yourself and everyone wasn't so damn sensitive. Honestly the whole " I'm offended" is basically telling everyone you cannot manage your own feelings and you need everyone else to do it for you.
    There is a huge difference between having a reason to kill them and camping them for hours. If people need to stuff their feelings then doesn't that apply to those doing the camping as well? That they need to stop having such feelings of revenge that lead to camping a person for hours? Everyone likes to call the victims overly sensitive, snowflakes, or giving in to their feelings while ignoring the people doing the harassment.

If you can't handle someone saying they are offended then that is an indication that you might be unable to manage your own feelings.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-08-03 at 04:14 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    When someone throws their shit on a piece of paper and insists it's a genius novel, a critic doesn't need to point out what "Said" novel is missing to make it genius. Or even a novel.

Good try though.
    Please enlighten us then what is 'missing' in this metaphor, I'm sure you can come up with some excellent points

Quote Originally Posted by Talon8669 View Post
    There is a reason though, to kill them. I mean that's the whole point and to me that's the game. People need to stuff their feelings and "harassment" lol I guess I just come from a generation we're you kept you "feelings" to yourself and everyone wasn't so damn sensitive. Honestly the whole " I'm offended" is basically telling everyone you cannot manage your own feelings and you need everyone else to do it for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Boohoo I guess. Either way isn't my problem if you get offended and cry over being camped in a game. Either get better or roll on a PvE server where this cannot happen to you. To each their own I guess but I am not going to change the way I play because someone might be offended. And honestly I have been on the receiving side of being camped and I actually have fun with it. I was farming some shadows the other day before work in Nagrand and just started killing every alliance I saw farming and pretty soon I had a 1V3 and while they killed me I still got 1 to 2 of them each time off the rez; was a blast and I eventually went on with my day and came back just before logging to kill them again.
    Did you mean to reply to me? I never once mentioned camping and im definitely not offended

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    No shit haha. I never said blizz had to consult me. We are on a poorly run fan forum of a 15 year old game. We are all just posting opinions.

I'm not the one trying to justify my opinion by downplaying the impact of harassment in this video game. You are. That's the issue.

I'm not the one trying to justify my opinion by downplaying the impact of harassment in this video game. You are. That's the issue.
    Yes, my opinion is that orange text in a videogame is not harassment. And that if this bothers you so much that you feel harassed, you've probably lived a pampered life and you're not someone id associate with. Why is this so hard to get lol? Want me to draw a diagram with crayons?

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, my opinion is that orange text in a videogame is not harassment. And that if this bothers you so much that you feel harassed, you've probably lived a pampered life and you're not someone id associate with. Why is this so hard to get lol? Want me to draw a diagram with crayons?
    Sounds like you are getting upset over text. Perhaps you've lived a pampered life?

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Sounds like you are getting upset over text. Perhaps you've lived a pampered life?
    I'm honestly just confused why he has such a hard time understanding the difference between me posting my opinion, and me demanding blizz consult me lol

Brother, you just don't get it, do you?

I understand your position and the justification you have for it. The issue isn't with your opinion, it's with your assumption that because you feel a certain way that everybody else should as well. More than anything, Blizzard doesn't and that's why we're having this discussion right now.

Brother, you just don't get it, do you?

I understand your position and the justification you have for it. The issue isn't with your opinion, it's with your assumption that because you feel a certain way that everybody else should as well. More than anything, Blizzard doesn't and that's why we're having this discussion right now.
    Please post the part where I said everyone should agree with me and blizzard should too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Please post the part where I said everyone should agree with me and blizzard should too.
    You've said that it isn't harassment and that you can't be harassed online. Which seems to indicate you think Blizzard shouldn't be taking any action here and is wrong for doing so. Correct? Or is this all a tantrum when you don't even have a problem with it being done?
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-08-03 at 04:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If this is the big thing to be upset over, then things must be doing all right in game.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

You've said that it isn't harassment and that you can't be harassed online. Which seems to indicate you think Blizzard shouldn't be taking any action here and is wrong for doing so. Correct? Or is this all a tantrum when you don't even have a problem with it being done?
    That is correct. But im not understanding where he got the idea that I need everyone, especially blizzard, to agree with me.

15+ Year Old Account
    That is correct. But im not understanding where he got the idea that I need everyone, especially blizzard, to agree with me.
    It was just "should" before and not "need". You don't think Blizzard should agree with you on what is and is not harassment in a video game?

It was just "should" before and not "need". You don't think Blizzard should agree with you on what is and is not harassment in a video game?
    Obviously everyone wishes their opinions were the universally accepted ones. Im not quite sure what you're getting at. I posted my opinion. He replied with "blizz doesn't need to consult me". I asked him where I stated that I think they need to consult me. And here we are lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    Please enlighten us then what is 'missing' in this metaphor, I'm sure you can come up with some excellent points
    I don't see anyone else besides you not understanding how your metaphor is garbage, so there is no "Us." but I'm bored so sure, why not.

One, you're mistaking theater owner with the play's director.
    Two, if you want comparable things, think of a player using a mount to affect gameplay, either negatively for other players or somehow to gain unfair advantages in their own/others gameplay.
    Three, as you seem to be implying, this is a professional play and thus the actors would be following a set wardrobe. If they're breaking that by wearing that red shirt, the director would be well within their right to replace the actor/actors.

Except as I've said, even in my own experience, I've seen far less spamming. Is that conclusive evidence, no, obviously not. But it's worth just as much as yours.
    In other words, your point is moot.
    The fact that Blizzard is doing the same method again...? Like, you can't really be claiming that Blizzard would be inept enough to try repeating the same thing again if it didn't even work the first time.
    >Looks at BfA
    >Looks at SL

You tell me.

Different beasts, but Blizzard seems to follow the stance of "maybe it will work this time".
    That's great. It still doesn't change the initial point, that your random idea of "Only following would make it harassment" is pretty off the mark.
    No, it's not, because you cannot make another player vanish from your screen, when someone jumps around your vision or even interferes with your ability to play the game in any fashion where you cannot reasonably prevent it, that's clearly crossing a line.

You can however make any chat interaction go away with any player, by typing /ignore, if they attempt to bypass that restriction to annoy you, that's harassment.
    Someone saying or typing something you don't like is not automatically harassment, especially when the person does not personally attack you, which an emote is incapable of doing.

Like, take a step back and realize that the emote still exists effectively, when i type, "/e spits on you", then everybody who is not of the enemy faction will virtually read the same message.
    Which, by your account, must also count as harassment.

Of course, it goes both ways, but i'd love to know how do you want to stop that "harassment"?
    Twisting the scenario to try to make it sound less harmful is pretty telling.
    It's about as telling you trying to paint it as harassment, because categorizing stuff like that as harassment downplays actual harassment.
    This is actual change. It's also not the end of the changes, they already said they're taking a firm stance against toxicity in WoW now.
    And if you think they're going out of their way to anything of substance, you're naive.
    Why?
    Removing an emote is cheap, to take a more firm stance you'd actually need to invest money.
    So you'd be wrong on that.
    Fair enough, but boosting sites that scam their customers don't stick around for very long.
    Good luck getting a Voidtalon portal "ready". You'd still have to wait for the person to find the rare.
    It's a lot easier than doing it yourself, especially when those people set up multiple accounts to camp every spawn.
    Like, that says far more about you. Point was it's not an "exception" like you claimed.
    It is.
    If you think you can compare the plethora of Gladiator mounts & Mythic mounts to a handful of solo achievements, whose difficulty is even pretty dubious (because Mage tower was a joke by the end of Legion), then that's a silly notion on your part.
    I mean, that's exactly how I would react. Like, what are you even on about lol
    Yeah, a mount that only 1-2% of the playerbase can possibly acquire have less prestige than a mount that can be entirely acquired entirely via outdoor content.

Gladiator mounts are only earned by like .5% of the people that actually participate in rated PvP and it's no stretch to say that a sizeable portion of the playerbase does not engage in rated PvP.

Is this how you think the average player sees it or do you want to pretend otherwise for the sake of the argument?
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-08-03 at 05:15 PM.

Obviously everyone wishes their opinions were the universally accepted ones. Im not quite sure what you're getting at. I posted my opinion. He replied with "blizz doesn't need to consult me". I asked him where I stated that I think they need to consult me. And here we are lol
    Wrong. I told you that you aren't the arbiter of what does or doesn't constitute harassment in a video game... an opinion that you've sought validation for multiple times in this thread.

Wrong. I told you that you aren't the arbiter of what does or doesn't constitute harassment in a video game... an opinion that you've sought validation for multiple times in this thread.
    And as I told you before, I never claimed to be the arbiter. But just as before, I'm requesting you post any quote from me where I claimed to be such an arbiter lol.