Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    No thanks. When I'm trying to get my alts thru a 15 and they repeatedly decline me even though I'm entirely capable of timing any 15... I love nothing more than to find them on my main, queue up, smash the meters and drop group after first boss. ^_^
    First boss? Better to drop way later so you waste their time. You could also wipe them for a bit to piss them off. Plenty of possibilities. You have to think strategically like a true combatant! Don’t let em place you that low? Go for last boss! Enjoy every minute of it! If they somehow manage to finish it you will get even loot in the mailbox! Come on! You have to play rough!
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2021-08-15 at 04:14 AM.

No more than the group leader being unreasonably toxic when responding to my whispers trying to prove that I'd be capable of clearing the dungeon. Context matters.
    Oh man the irony, you seem to have no idea what the context is in the perspective of the group leader.
    You are being annoying to them, if there is a healer OR tank in any M+ group you'll have 20+ dd applicants in a minute, many of them overqualified.

They are not declining specifically you, they simply found someone else, it sucks but that's life and your choice for playing dd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not just have another column showing # of quits before finish. Then leave it to the group lead to take the risk. After that the lead can't complain cuz you had the data that someone has a high frequency of leaving. Or you even balance out. Say:

Player A: 2000 io. 97% completion.

Player B: 2190 io. 35% completion.

Make your choice.

Edit: lol reading some responses in here. Yikes. And you ppl wonder why the community sucks. Just to put it in perspective. I had this cocky DH in a SD 17. Kept going on about how the tank sucks. Then on the last boss the imbecile fel rushed off the edge and died. Big whoop his 2000 io rating did after making a move like that. Higher io does not automatically mean having a brain or skill, I know at least 9 people who paid for their rating.
    Last edited by Minikin; 2021-08-15 at 04:48 AM.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    First boss? Better to drop way later so you waste their time. You could also wipe them for a bit to piss them off. Plenty of possibilities. You have to think strategically like a true combatant! Don’t let em place you that low? Go for last boss! Enjoy every minute of it! If they somehow manage to finish it you will get even loot in the mailbox! Come on! You have to play rough!
    And this is a prime example of why WoW's community is so incredibly toxic.

- - - Updated - - -

No more than the group leader being unreasonably toxic when responding to my whispers trying to prove that I'd be capable of clearing the dungeon. Context matters.
    Didn't your parents ever teach you "two wrongs don't make a right"?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    there is a huge difference between elitism and expecting people to pull their own weight...
    That is just another excuse to be elitist though and you know it. Are you ALWAYS giving 100% when you do every M+? Every single M+ is 100% and you have the perfect rotation, you pop cooldowns at the perfect moment and you do everything within your classes ability scope to make everything you do awesome?

It's that simple... it's elitism and everyone knows it. I've actually sat in Discord and listened to guildmates doing a M+ and they are talking about the tank and how shit the person is so what do they do... fuck with the M+. They spent the next 10 minutes to fuck with the tank over and over and over and then when they didn't time the key they went off for about 5 minutes bad mouthing the tank. So what should they get for completing the dungeon then? A thumbs up for sticking it out... or should they have just quit instantly and avoided doing all of the above?

The only people who live in the bubble that there should be no negative consequences I would put 50 bucks on them being the same dipshits who when they feel slighted even remotely or see themselves at #1 on DPS every pull that they will be the ones pissing on these people or responding to posts like this making excuses for them being like this.

I wouldn't say massive penalty, but why not atleast flag their names when they queue up with other people groups? I think it'd be fair for other people to know if you ragequit easily.
    The more they leave (ragequit), the heavier the flag under their name gets. That way I assure you they'd think twice before leaving.

These are my 2 takeaways after reading many of these pages.

1. Do not pug ever, and if you are pugging you’re
    2. Probably not having fun playing the game right now in its current state.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomer View Post
    I wouldn't say massive penalty, but why not atleast flag their names when they queue up with other people groups? I think it'd be fair for other people to know if you ragequit easily.
    The more they leave (ragequit), the heavier the flag under their name gets. That way I assure you they'd think twice before leaving.
    That can be easily manipulated because there is no way to know if that person left or was kicked. So people would just rack up a person's flag to make sure they never get taken to any groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomer View Post
    Then you get people who, instead of leaving keys, "leave" by going afk and forcing people to group kick them. Same result.
    Add a flag for people who get kicked out of groups? Now that's potential for abuse if I ever saw one. Enjoy your flags because you got grouped up with a bunch of troll guildies.

This community is toxic as fuck and abusing systems is what we do. There's not a simple solution to this that isn't going to create more problems than it solves.

Whenever I run a key, and people whisper me after a couple of seconds claiming how they can "carry" the party, or do more because of how "skilled" they are, I automatically either ignore them or scoof them off.

Whispering people because you're a pushy type says a lot more about how your personal Charactaristics. 99/100 people that are pushy & bloated are also incredibly condescending, not to add, usually these people get benched on M progress because they fail to understand that being on top of a meter doesn't automatically lets you avoid mechanics.

There is, in no plausible and possible way, to excuse for such behaviour, as someone else pointed out; exactly this is the reason why there's fewer people playing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crazyman2 View Post
    Then you get people who, instead of leaving keys, "leave" by going afk and forcing people to group kick them. Same result.
    Add a flag for people who get kicked out of groups? Now that's potential for abuse if I ever saw one. Enjoy your flags because you got grouped up with a bunch of troll guildies.

This community is toxic as fuck and abusing systems is what we do. There's not a simple solution to this that isn't going to create more problems than it solves.
    if you AFK out, it would go the same way as /afk works in a BG, you'll get automatically removed by the game's coding. I foresee that countermeasures will most likely be added for the toxic M+ part in the future.

Put "weekly" in the title of your group if you want to attract people that will slug in it to the end.

If not, people will leave if the timer is missed. Because no one is interested in the rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Calimon-ZJ View Post
    Incorrect.

By that logic, there should be an option to do it via mission table so you don't have to even leave town. Or an option to do it via the cash shop. How about an option to scale to down by level so you can do it on any toon at any level, even level 10. More possibilities right?

Designing around convenience before gameplay is terrible and very unhealthy for the game. There's already WAY to many difficulties currently that the game is so watered down and fragmented.

Running through a watered down version of something solo is not the same thing as coordinating a group. How would that even work with like tanking mechanics? Healing mechanics for classes that can't heal. I don't even know where to begin on how dumb that would be.
    Of course it should not be a standard 5-men dungeon you can run solo, it should be a Thorgast like thing but with rewards instead of nothing.

There’s clearly more than something wrong with the actual gearing system, whines about M+ just happen everyday in here, never seen something nearly similar happen for raids or world quests.

And it’s just normal: time is precious for everyone and when you reach a point in which your result is the combination of not only your effort but the effort of other 4 people you don’t know and don’t want to know, the result is “tragic”.

That’s why I went back to arpgs, I spend the same time but I can do what I want whenever I want and get excellent results.

No one is entitled to an invite. The group leader shouldn't feel sorry because your fragile ego can't deal with rejection. There's no need to feel personally insulted if you're not invited, because some keys are filled with 30-40 dps applications in a matter of minutes.

And when I make my own group, I ignore religiously every applicant that whispers me because it's quite annoying and I don't care if your main is 4k rio. I don't care if Revvez is queuing on his warrior if I have one spot left and I need a soothe this week. I got KSM on my main but I won't bother people demanding to get accepted into +15s on a 225 alt even though I have proven I'm capable of clearing the content.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    There’s clearly more than something wrong with the actual gearing system, whines about M+ just happen everyday in here, never seen something nearly similar happen for raids or world quests.
    All the whines I see come from people entitled to an invite and feeling that they are a special kind of player when there are better applicants in queue. No one is entitled to anything. I pug exclusively on five characters and I have zero issues with the gearing system or the score system.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2021-08-15 at 10:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No thanks. When I'm trying to get my alts thru a 15 and they repeatedly decline me even though I'm entirely capable of timing any 15... I love nothing more than to find them on my main, queue up, smash the meters and drop group after first boss. ^_^
    You're salty because you're one of the ~50+ people signing up, and you don't get invited?

Smashing the meters is quite important in a 15. Do us all a favor and stop playing. You'd do yourself a favor too, addiction isnt healthy
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias1212 View Post
    Oh man the irony, you seem to have no idea what the context is in the perspective of the group leader.
    You are being annoying to them, if there is a healer OR tank in any M+ group you'll have 20+ dd applicants in a minute, many of them overqualified.

They are not declining specifically you, they simply found someone else, it sucks but that's life and your choice for playing dd.
    I would Decline him Specificially, people who Whisper me when they get declined, or sit in Queue for 20sek, get Insta Declined.

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    No one is entitled to an invite. The group leader shouldn't feel sorry because your fragile ego can't deal with rejection. There's no need to feel personally insulted if you're not invited, because some keys are filled with 30-40 dps applications in a matter of minutes.

And when I make my own group, I ignore religiously every applicant that whispers me because it's quite annoying and I don't care if your main is 4k rio. I don't care if Revvez is queuing on his warrior if I have one spot left and I need a soothe this week. I got KSM on my main but I won't bother people demanding to get accepted into +15s on a 225 alt even though I have proven I'm capable of clearing the content.

All the whines I see come from people entitled to an invite and feeling that they are a special kind of player when there are better applicants in queue. No one is entitled to anything. I pug exclusively on five characters and I have zero issues with the gearing system or the score system.
    Problem is there will be always a better applicant, especially if you’re a dps, and this leads to “form your own group or nothing”.

Now, i would be ok with this if we could target the dungeons we want at the difficulty level we want but since this is not the case, especially dps with few spare time and without a fixed group (99% of players i would say) are quite doomed. Out of meta dps are even more than doomed.

The fact you have no issues does not mean there’s no issues.

It’s more difficult to enter a dungeon than doing it, how can this not be an issue?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crazyman2 View Post

The community is toxic because the gameplay itself pushes for toxicity.

Until you don’t accept that the actual M+ system is pure crap, the community will always be like this if not worse.
    Last edited by chiddie; 2021-08-15 at 12:08 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    And this is a prime example of why WoW's community is so incredibly toxic.
    Haha, do you realize that I was joking?

On a serious note. Imagine how he must feel to go to this extreme. To be honest I have been rejected many times and I have been upset a lot, I even thought of doing something similar, but then it would make me no better than those who hurt me so it's better not to.

It should be voted for to abandon a run. Even have perfect number of players, if 3 out of 5 agree to abandon everyone can leave without penalty. If you leave without consent of the group you get a 1 hour cool down to form another group.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Until you don’t accept that the actual M+ system is pure crap, the community will always be like this if not worse.
    What M+ has to do with that?

What about people leaving raid (and guild) because they didn't get their loot, 15 years ago?
    What about leaders asking for a heroic ICC gear level to do normal Ulduar, 12 years ago?
    What about randoms on LFR who think they know better a boss than players who killed it on heroic, 8 years ago?

Exactly same shit - the only difference I see is that saying this is 'toxic' wasn't so fashionable.

Quote Originally Posted by Naville View Post
    What M+ has to do with that?

What about people leaving raid (and guild) because they didn't get their loot, 15 years ago?
    What about leaders asking for a heroic ICC gear level to do normal Ulduar, 12 years ago?
    What about randoms on LFR who think they know better a boss than players who killed it on heroic, 8 years ago?

Exactly same shit - the only difference I see is that saying this is 'toxic' wasn't so fashionable.
    Bad people will happen regardless the system. But some systems are more toxic prone than others and imho M+ is one of that.