Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias1337 View Post
    Mythic raid content = LFR content. Its same raid. If you beat LFR you beated raid content. Majority of players doesnt see any difference between difficulty levels when comes to content. Sylvanas is still Sylavanas no matter what difficulty you do. My guild have beated Lich King 3-4 weeks before Cataclysm patch was implemetend. And we were one of the best guilds on realm. Nowdays i can just press button and beat end game boss while being afk than quit becouse there is no content to beat.

Path of least resisance back in TBC was do BT and kill Illidan or you dont get to beat BT which casused content last for months and months and many people didnt even beat it before Sunnwell. Path of least reistance in Shadowlands consider pressing button and dont fall a sleep while doing LFR and you get to experience all there is with literaly 0 effort. So no *** that WoW content last only few days.

How can you fall asleep doing LFR and not doing most raid content in TBC when anything before Sunwell was pretty much LFR content?

Especially considering most classes in TBC have 1-2 button rotations. But yea no point in arguing with someone that unironically says LFR = MYthic

As if Vash/Kael wont be killed in the first day, or all other classic raids didn't get put on farm by hundreds of guilds in day 1, and Ragnaros was killed in the first week of Classic didn't happen..
    Last edited by tikcol; 2021-08-28 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    How can you fall asleep doing LFR and not doing most raid content in TBC when anything before Sunwell was pretty much LFR content?

Especially considering most classes in TBC have 1-2 button rotations. But yea no point in arguing with someone that unironically says LFR = MYthic

As if Vash/Kael wont be killed in the first day, or all other classic raids didn't get put on farm by hundreds of guilds in day 1, and Ragnaros was killed in the first week of Classic didn't happen..
    Becouse it wasnt. I am talking about TBC back in 2007. Not TBC classic where content was min maxed and progressed over 15y to the ground with tons of new addons playing game for you. How shocking that TBC classic raids are one shoted on day 1. Not like people has been progressin that content over decade and know exactly what to do.

Moder WoW should have only 1 difficulty and thats mythic. And you eather beat content or you simply dont. So players actualy have desire to keep playing.

Players prise 9.1.5 like its gonna save WoW with its covenant change. Spoiler alert. It wont do anything. I literaly doesnt know anyone what was swaping covenants or quit becouse he couldnt swap covenants. Everyone i know quit beocuse game was boring and becouse they had no content to do. Than i look at their profile and they have done nothing more than LFR. So why doesnt those people quit when they never beated mythic? Oh yes beoucse there is no **** reason to bother with mythic in first place.
    Last edited by Elias1337; 2021-08-28 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias1337 View Post
    Its not about how much is there is about how long that content last. In past we would get patches with less content. Like back in TBC or WOTLK but that content lastet months to beat and finish. Nowdays there is more content but everything is cleared on day 1 except story Q which are gated. Casuals just blast trough everything becouse nothing really have any sort of reasonable challenge where players would have to stop, progress their character or improve in order to continue. Players just hop into content beat it with closed eays and than wait another 6+ months for new content while not playing and by all thar by playing solo with 0 player interaction in mmorpg game.
    Yea, that's just the way it is.

It's impossible to churn out content to last so long for everyone. So i'm happy with this. New patch, blast it for 2-3 months, then raid log until next patch, whilst catching up on other games, tv shows and movies. Then repeat the cycle next patch, ad infinitum.

Why would anyone want to play the same game everyday, forever, anyway?

I hate to play devils advocate here but if talking about content, TBC is a raid log expansion and to a certain extent so is WOTLK.
    It's almost as if the game wasn't designed around players having 15+ years of experience and the content being played to death on unofficial servers for over a decade.

Let's be real, when TBC is a "raidlog expasion" by some standards, then virtually any expansion until Legion is a raidlog expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    It's almost as if the game wasn't designed around players having 15+ years of experience and the content being played to death on unofficial servers for over a decade.

Let's be real, when TBC is a "raidlog expasion" by some standards, then virtually any expansion until Legion is a raidlog expansion.
    15+ years of experience doesn't matter much when bosses have 1 or 2 mechanics which is around 5 less than most LFR raids today have

15+ years of experience doesn't matter much when bosses have 1 or 2 mechanics which is around 5 less than most LFR raids today have
    Arguing about semantics, due to much more readily available information, people just clear stuff much faster.

But if we're nitpcking: the amount of mechanics rarely increases between LFR, Normal and Heroic - usually it's just their tuning.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-08-28 at 07:27 PM.

Arguing about semantics, due to much more readily available information, people just clear stuff much faster.
    Don't forget about the PTR. It seems that a lot of people go on them just to see what is coming out and to practice that content - who cares that they're there to actually beta test it.

This is a thing that has been going on for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I'm having fun for cheaper than in any other game pretty much, while he's bitching on a forum about a game he's probably not even playing anymore, yes, the joke is definitely on him
    This argument always makes me feel pity for the person who says it.

Is that how you value your time? Trying to see how cheaply you can waste it? Not only is your time meaningless, but absolute cost efficiency is a major variable in the equation of your happiness. Does it ever occur to the people who say this that perhaps they wouldn't have to count their pennies if their main focus in life wasn't about finding the cheapest way to get their high?

Is this what people who still play WoW after all this time think about? How they're actually living more efficiently because their entertainment is cheaper than everyone else's entertainment; their time is just something that needs to be spent on a game, so they should find the most cost-efficient game to spend it on.

It's sad.

And what's even sadder -- this argument isn't even true anymore. The market of high-quality free to play games is crazy these days. I suppose WoW players aren't aware of that with their tunnel vision, but the monthly subscription you spend at this point is actually very cost inefficient.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2021-08-28 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    And what's even sadder -- this argument isn't even true anymore. The market of high-quality free to play games is crazy these days. I suppose WoW players aren't aware of that with their tunnel vision, but the monthly subscription you spend at this point is actually very cost inefficient.
    Who's going to tell him that you pay something between 350-400 bucks for the expansion itself and sub if you play it all the way through?

Who's going to tell him that you pay something between 350-400 bucks for the expansion itself and sub if you play it all the way through?
    I imagine most check them now and again. I know once mythic raiding is on farm I sample other games. Am kind of annoyed that with final fantasy once you buy in you cant go back to the free trial.

15+ Year Old Account
    look on the bright side. If you're a WoW fan, then you dig fantasy and Total War: Warhammer 3 is out this year.

What content in TBC or WOTLK are you talking about exactly? If you're talking about raids, a lot of guilds don't clear mythic raids by the time the next patch is out. I'd say a large margin doesn't even beat the last boss in HC.

Is that the content you're talking about in TBC and WOTLK patches? The time it takes to clear the raids? Well, nothing changed about that. You're just not doing the hardest difficulty available.

What kind of content will last you so long in phase 2 of TBCC? Vash and Kael?? Nope they'll get killed by the majority of guilds pretty damn fast. What is there to do outside of raiding? Daily quests? Those are done in 1 hour tops everyday...

I hate to play devils advocate here but if talking about content, TBC is a raid log expansion and to a certain extent so is WOTLK.
    Clearing a raid on any difficulty means you are done. There is no difference between lfr and mythic. Yes, mythic is the far greater challenge, but it's still the same boss as in LFR that you have already killed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selah View Post
    Here's my conspiracy theory. 9.1.5 is going to be released around the FFXIV expansion. Blizzard doesn't like to leave launches uncontested. Then we'll maybe see 9.2 information by the end of the year.

I have suspicions that 9.1.5 is going to be the start of a long "win the players back" campaign. Though, I don't know, maybe Blizzard is content to be shit going forward?
    The only thing that would win me back is addressing the toxic community culture Blizzard has fostered.
    Here is something to believe in!

But if we're nitpcking: the amount of mechanics rarely increases between LFR, Normal and Heroic - usually it's just their tuning.
    Simply untrue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    The only thing that would win me back is addressing the toxic community culture Blizzard has fostered.
    You think Blizzard caused this? What about all of the non WoW/Blizzard related games/media platforms that are just as bad or often even worse?

It isn't a Blizzard problem, its a humanity problem. The relative anonymity the the internet provides allows people to act like scum bags with no repercussions.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    You think Blizzard caused this? What about all of the non WoW/Blizzard related games/media platforms that are just as bad or often even worse?

It isn't a Blizzard problem, its a humanity problem. The relative anonymity the the internet provides allows people to act like scum bags with no repercussions.
    If other games can deal with toxicity in a constructive manner that fosters good behavior - Blizzard can too.

It's not good enough to say, "oh there are many other games that are worse". This is true, but I don't play those games, I did however play wow and the toxicity there is at an all time high with zero oversight.
    Here is something to believe in!

Got 14 days left on my subscription and about a week left of Korthia farming before I would be minmaxxed, but I really want to make an alt or just know the game will be enjoyable even if I don't play it every day - even though I'm already at the summit of power in a week I know I don't like the system and therefore won't resubscribe until they make the game more accessible to players that want to reach power caps without being a daily quest slave.

If other games can deal with toxicity in a constructive manner that fosters good behavior - Blizzard can too.

It's not good enough to say, "oh there are many other games that are worse". This is true, but I don't play those games, I did however play wow and the toxicity there is at an all time high with zero oversight.

Completely misssed the point. You claimed Blizzard caused this toxic culture, when that is total BS.

Also, other games don't deal with toxicity better than what WoW does. Go watch some League matches, CS matches, basically anything. They are all terrible. The entire community (gamers) is full of toxicity and terrible people.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    so I know Legion M+ isn't new content... but the fact it has its own affix, does that make it new-ish?

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    so I know Legion M+ isn't new content... but the fact it has its own affix, does that make it new-ish?
    Yes. But new-ish isn't new.

I don't think it's a coincidence that we had toxic lead developers, toxic senior managers and toxic designers, and we ended up with a game that fostered toxic behaviour from its player base. They've been trained for years now that they'll be "rewarded" for their shitty behaviour with game systems than encourage them. Turning that around is going to be incredibly hard, and with how ingrained it's become to the mentality of certain players, it may not even be possible at this point.

But who knows; maybe if they turn the ship around and start using mechanics that actively discourage players being toxic, maybe there is hope yet. But that would involve more faith in humanity than I have available at this point.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.