Quote Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
    Where do you get the rare mats required? Farm yourself / buy / company?
    I mostly farm myself but my company trades things we don't need at the moment for those we do. Like Sumptuous rabbit or Ragehide. Like I don't make or use a lot of healer food but my guildmates do and I'll make/trade with them the food for rarer hides like Shadowfur or the aforementioned Ragehide.

- - - Updated - - -

Loving the profit margin on Salt and cut gems. Hmm, so good.

- - - Updated - - -

And Cauliflower. Selling one head of Cauliflower for 89.50 is a delight.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2021-10-25 at 06:46 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Right. They still had to intentionally design some of the water areas deep enough to drown and limit skills and abilities when in "shallow" water. Even though you fight crocodiles near shallow water often. It is just silly to say "well they couldn't do better here because the rest of the game is terrible". Something are lower priority but bad design is bad design.
    just because you don't like it doesn't make it bad design.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by MrYesbody View Post
    What are you comparing? The release of WoW 17 years ago or new expansion? New Expansions? Probably. But it's the same people that come and leave. It's not a new game.
    Losing that much after 3 weeks that fast on a daily basis? If you think that these numbers of losses are fine for a new game, especially an MMORPG, you are in heavy denial. These numbers are horrific for an MMORPG launch.
    But doesn't it happen with every MMO? Tons and tons of people rush in towards the shiny new toy hoping that this time it'll be this awesome new game they can devote their life to, and it ends up just being another MMO with a few good ideas but lacking content and polish. The shine wears off and loads of people leave.

Some then turn things around over time, like ESO and FFIV. But MMO and rough launches are old friends by now, and in a very competitive gaming environment not only within the genre but between online games in general, losing players after a rough launch should be expected. WoW's probably the only MMO to have ever completely snowballed over the competition right after it launched. It shouldn't be seen as a standard.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    "fix"?
    Definitely not. The best part of the crafting system in New World is that you always need the base materials.

Obviously the ratio between the materials should be adjusted a bit by basically making the low tier materials drop more per gathering.
    your suggestion would be a fix really if you gathered TONS more lower-level stuff, and it took up less weight as well.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

I feel like some of these folks are not very good at gathering materials and using the life skills who complain about scarcity. I could gather about 4000 or so Iron ore in less than an hour and half my bags full.

It is like the consumables thing. Did a dungeon run where the healer was not able to keep up and we told him he should be running his healer food and he just ate more rations. Not even good rations, like "Light Meal" rations. In other dungeon runs I see people not using potions, food, weapon stones, etc. Or getting creamed in the elite areas with no bonus, trying to solo the mobs with a great ax and no skill.

I don't understand how people are playing this game with so many claiming to be "elite players" and "the game takes no skill!" types. But I see people still asking where to find Hemp or how to use Starmetal. Dead trying to farm dryads. Getting stunlocked by bears, etc.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2021-10-26 at 04:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I don't understand how people are playing this game with so many claiming to be "elite players" and "the game takes no skill!" types. But I see people still asking where to find Hemp or how to use Starmetal. Dead trying to farm dryads. Getting stun locked by bears, etc.
    It's simple: ~99% of players in every game are abject garbage at ALL video games.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    That's just how gamers are. It's like the way people try to make themselves look 100x more interesting on Instagram.

Gamers will generally claim that every single game is easy and braindead, that they never have issues with anything (except if it's "bullshit" or "bad design"), and that every other player is stupid. To do otherwise would just make them look less cool or something.
    Yea, I mean you would think with all these "top 1%" gamers around those basic things like food buffs and understanding resource collection would be trivial. But I guess nothing can be done and every game is broken.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2021-10-26 at 05:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    You keep talking about "how it is in real life" but in "real life" you wouldn't just ignore Copper forever once you spent a day learning how to make things. Different metals would be useful for different things and you'd keep using them for those things no matter how good you became at making things.
    The idea is that certain materials are inferior compared to others, i.e. copper is weaker than steel. So, I would never use copper if I were creating high level weapons. I'd graduate out of those materials into better, harder-to-work stuff. I might use a tiny bit for decoration, rivets, etc. But not a metric ton like people are indicating in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    Corrupted Zealots
    Corrupted Occultists
    Corrupted Acolytes
    Corrupted Grunts
    Corrupted Raiders
    Corrupted Snipers
    Corrupted Bombers
    Corrupted Brutes

https://newworld.fandom.com/wiki/The_Corrupted
    I think you don't understand what I was talking about.
    lol

10+ Year Old Account
    the truth is theres only 5 factions (NPC types) in the game
    these are: ancients, corrupted, the lost, angry earth, and beasts

while WoW had from the top of my head: demons, undead, humanoid, beasts, dragon, mechanical
    all this while varying visually big time
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

15+ Year Old Account
    It's weird, most people here saying they get to around level 40 and get bored, for me it's the opposite. I'm 43 and after figuring out more things in the game today I didn't know about, I'm just enjoying it more.

Did encounter a few repetitive bugs as well though, so while I'm enjoying the game they do have a lot to fix still.

Oh, and don't try running depths with a level 35 healer... ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    just because you don't like it doesn't make it bad design.
    I hear this kind of reply all the time to general criticism of any game. Your trying to defend your decision to play and enjoy this game. Fine. I get it. But after 21 years playing MMO's I'm no expert either but feel like little things like the whole water / swimming and underwater fighting mechanics or lack thereof in New World are bad design.
    GW2 I think does it best to be honest. Their underwater areas are amazing. You legit feel like your diving and swimming. You get different abilities also which makes sense since your switching your fighting style. You also need underwater weapons like Harpoons and Spear guns, which the game gives you a few basic versions of naturally by just leveling up. You even wear a rebreather helmet to explain why and how your able to stay under so long.
    This is one of THE best systems in an MMO or any game I've played, ever. Even WoW while you easily transition from land to sea by just jumping in the water, the rest of it is just very basic and doesn't change anything other than moving more slowly.
    This is Amazon guys, not some little fly by night company. RnD could have figured out long ago their system was lacking by comparison to some other MMo's but they didn't feel this was a priority to spend any more time on.

Matter of fact with all the other issues in the game I can kind of see how they did all they could to just cobble this thing together to be somewhat workable for a release this year. They wanted to strike while they could before bigger more established games come out with either new content or expansion. In which case the release of New World would get lost in the sauce.

This game lacks depth, combat sucks and lacks fluidity. This game is like buttsex on Taco Tuesday; sounds fun till you do it then you lose respect for your girlfriend and have to buy new sheets and mop your floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    I think you don't understand what I was talking about.
    lol
    Not really, you said
    The amount of reused assents is crazy. They got like only 5 enemy models.
    I called you on that hyperbole, you asked proof, I gave them to you. Now instead of admitting you were wrong, you claim I didnt understand. You said in your initial respond that you wanted to have a reasonable discussion. Well, reasonable people admit when they are wrong, and move on. Which we'll do now.
    Last edited by Aoewy; 2021-10-27 at 05:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I feel like some of these folks are not very good at gathering materials and using the life skills who complain about scarcity. I could gather about 4000 or so Iron ore in less than an hour and half my bags full.

It is like the consumables thing. Did a dungeon run where the healer was not able to keep up and we told him he should be running his healer food and he just ate more rations. Not even good rations, like "Light Meal" rations. In other dungeon runs I see people not using potions, food, weapon stones, etc. Or getting creamed in the elite areas with no bonus, trying to solo the mobs with a great ax and no skill.

I don't understand how people are playing this game with so many claiming to be "elite players" and "the game takes no skill!" types. But I see people still asking where to find Hemp or how to use Starmetal. Dead trying to farm dryads. Getting stunlocked by bears, etc.
    Ngl, this post is some of the cringiest stuff I’ve read related to this game. And I frequent it’s official Reddit. How about you stick to your own little elitist world of food-buff-prepot-“why is everyone so unskilled around me, jeez” and shove your 4000 ore and your resource maps where the sun doesn’t shine?

Good thing I haven’t seen much of your kind on now two servers I’ve been to. If someone looks for hemp - people just tell him where to get hemp, case closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    It's weird, most people here saying they get to around level 40 and get bored, for me it's the opposite. I'm 43 and after figuring out more things in the game today I didn't know about, I'm just enjoying it more.

Did encounter a few repetitive bugs as well though, so while I'm enjoying the game they do have a lot to fix still.

Oh, and don't try running depths with a level 35 healer... ;D
    Really? I got to lvl 44 and just uninstalled. What did you find that did the game better?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    The idea is that certain materials are inferior compared to others, i.e. copper is weaker than steel. So, I would never use copper if I were creating high level weapons. I'd graduate out of those materials into better, harder-to-work stuff. I might use a tiny bit for decoration, rivets, etc. But not a metric ton like people are indicating in this thread.
    If we are talking real here:
    Copper is a metal, while steel is an alloy. Some steel variants use copper as part of the alloy that makes them better - for instance, corrosion resistance. Also, weapons need not only a blade but also a hilt and guards which can be made of copper (to save the precious steel) or bronze - an alloy of mostly copper and some tin. So high-grade weapons might also need tin, besides charcoal to make steel. And some leather for the handle. Some gems as well - it's a high-quality weapon - it must look like it.

So you might not use it in your high-level weapons and then someone who does will kill you with such a weapon.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    Ngl, this post is some of the cringiest stuff I’ve read related to this game. And I frequent it’s official Reddit. How about you stick to your own little elitist world of food-buff-prepot-“why is everyone so unskilled around me, jeez” and shove your 4000 ore and your resource maps where the sun doesn’t shine?

Good thing I haven’t seen much of your kind on now two servers I’ve been to. If someone looks for hemp - people just tell him where to get hemp, case closed.
    I'm sure you are doing fine hustling gold ore for 0.01 and wondering how to get Azoth.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    Not really, you said

I called you on that hyperbole, you asked proof, I gave them to you. Now instead of admitting you were wrong, you claim I didnt understand. You said in your initial respond that you wanted to have a reasonable discussion. Well, reasonable people admit when they are wrong, and move on. Which we'll do now.
    Let me break it down for you.
    Let's take World of Warcraft zone and count how many different type of creatures you will meet, which are looking totally diffrently (creature types, faces, clothes) and then compare to New World. Then I think you will understand what I mean.

Let me break it down for you.
    Let's take World of Warcraft zone and count how many different type of creatures you will meet, which are looking totally diffrently (creature types, faces, clothes) and then compare to New World. Then I think you will understand what I mean.
    You can be as condescending as you want in your reply, you still said they "have like 5 models". This was wrong, what you just said is completely different and have nothing to do with your initial statement.

I never claimed the game is overwhelming in diversity, it really isnt, just that your claim was hyperbolic, which is true.

Anyway, on another note, lots of things seems bug sadly at the moment in the game - perks, gear armor and others. I found these 2 videos, really interesting analysis of the situation. There is a 3rd part but its not up yet

Armor analysis

Weapon analysis

Lot of informations, some of those things are minor, but some definitely needs to be look at / fixed sooner than later
    Last edited by Aoewy; 2021-10-27 at 05:57 PM.