7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    They could make Denathrius a raid boss just to really play on the metahumor of the connection to Kael'thas, the supreme example of suddenly returning as a raid boss.
    I could definitely see it being a thing as well. Denathrius returns, makes a similar speech to Kael'thas in Magisters Terrace and that is basically the joke.
    Kael'thas went from raidboss to dungeonboss though. And again, it wouldn't make any sense to save Deni for later only to burn him in the last raid of the Expansion he was introduced to us, especially if we already have the proto-Eternal Ones, Mal'ganis and his brother Zooval in the same raid.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Kael'thas went from raidboss to dungeonboss though. And again, it wouldn't make any sense to save Deni for later only to burn him in the last raid of the Expansion he was introduced to us, especially if we already have the proto-Eternal Ones, Mal'ganis and his brother Zooval in the same raid.
    I meant to say dungeonboss, my bad.

Denathrius surviving isnt exactly a given. The Dreadlords could really work jsut as well if Denathrius kicks the bucket but they keep going regardless.
    More that it would be funny to have Denathrius pull a Kael'thas given how he was the final raidboss in a raid where Kael'thas himself suddenly as an important boss even though we have already defeated him twice.

The Dreadlords are the juicy story going forward, but they don't need Denathrius to drive that story. It would be easier of course to have a recognizable face lead them, but for that matter it would also be fun to have the Dreadlords be led by a council or something going forward, untethered from Denathrius, but still carrying on his legacy.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    I meant to say dungeonboss, my bad.

Denathrius surviving isnt exactly a given. The Dreadlords could really work jsut as well if Denathrius kicks the bucket but they keep going regardless.
    More that it would be funny to have Denathrius pull a Kael'thas given how he was the final raidboss in a raid where Kael'thas himself suddenly as an important boss even though we have already defeated him twice.

The Dreadlords are the juicy story going forward, but they don't need Denathrius to drive that story. It would be easier of course to have a recognizable face lead them, but for that matter it would also be fun to have the Dreadlords be led by a council or something going forward, untethered from Denathrius, but still carrying on his legacy.
    But we won't get a new Dungeon with 9.2 so that won't happen anyways.

Also stop trying to kill Papa Deni! We need alteast something good to survive Shadowlands haha.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    But we won't get a new Dungeon with 9.2 so that won't happen anyways.

Also stop trying to kill Papa Deni! We need alteast something good to survive Shadowlands haha.
    Well yeah. But just think how great it would be to have Denathrius go full Kael'thas by declaring his allegiance is not to Zovaal, and that he totally faked being defeated in Revendreth.

Okay admittedly it isnt that funny. But still.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well yeah. But just think how great it would be to have Denathrius go full Kael'thas by declaring his allegiance is not to Zovaal, and that he totally faked being defeated in Revendreth.

Okay admittedly it isnt that funny. But still.
    I still have PDST from the way they handled Vashj, Kael and Illidan in TBC. I hope they never do something like that ever again.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Is Mal'ganis confirmed as a boss in 9.2?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Is Mal'ganis confirmed as a boss in 9.2?
    Yes, you can see him during the Developer preview video.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Well this at least certainly has a chance to be an eventful night we are missing for us Europeans. Probably nothing that will happen, but you never know. Hopefully this thread has not been locked by the time I wake up.

Discard COPIUM, engage PauseChamp
    See you in a few weeks for PTR!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well this at least certainly has a chance to be an eventful night we are missing for us Europeans. Probably nothing that will happen, but you never know. Hopefully this thread has not been locked by the time I wake up.

Always on the move.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

No reason for it to be locked as long as people stay on topic and don't derail.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    In wotlk the jailer didnt excist.. now that he does they obviously need him to be linked in all previous lich king stories.

We dont have confirmation about everything surrounding arthas and the jailer, but I cant help to think that these links or hooks were only created this year.. when wotlk was in 2008.

It will always feel lame imo.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    In wotlk the jailer didnt excist.. now that he does they obviously need him to be linked in all previous lich king stories.

We dont have confirmation about everything surrounding arthas and the jailer, but I cant help to think that these links or hooks were only created this year.. when wotlk was in 2008.

It will always feel lame imo.
    it is exactly like that and its why it feels lame, because it is lame.

The Lich king made the scourge architecture based around the nerubians, that was the canon, but they made maldraxxus 100% scourge, saying the Lichking and the scourge, obviously took for that, its bs.

I don't even remember the excuse they gave, that the nerubians also took inspiration on maldraxus? some shit like that

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    it is exactly like that and its why it feels lame, because it is lame.

The Lich king made the scourge architecture based around the nerubians, that was the canon, but they made maldraxxus 100% scourge, saying the Lichking and the scourge, obviously took for that, its bs.

I don't even remember the excuse they gave, that the nerubians also took inspiration on maldraxus? some shit like that
    Thats how I feel basically. They didnt do a good job at pressenting the jailer either.. so its hard to care and then to think he was above Arthas in hes time that was only made up so recently looses its value.

I sort of raged a bit when danuser said that this wraps up a saga started in warcraft 3.. like they had it planned all along back from 2008. I mean realy boy?? No one is going to believe that bs.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Thats how I feel basically. They didnt do a good job at pressenting the jailer either.. so its hard to care and then to think he was above Arthas in hes time that was only made up so recently looses its value.

I sort of raged a bit when danuser said that this wraps up a saga started in warcraft 3.. like they had it planned all along back from 2008. I mean realy boy?? No one is going to believe that bs.
    WC3 would date back to 2002 and if we include development probably even back to the mid to late 90's. So we are talking well over 20 years ago. All they did is really just hastily spin their own stuff around what was already there and then didn't even have the decency to be actually creative. Instead they made a super devil and super titans, that ironically appear to be even less capable at creating new things than the original titans.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I'm pretty sure they implied the PTR wasn't coming for a few weeks. Probably the week after next.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    He serves no point anymore (did he ever?). I absolutely do not assume he’s winning and we’re losing because that would mean he would be another expansion’s final boss (lol). Imprisoning him would be basically Sargeras 2.0, so not an option either. He can only die, that’s his sole purpose left. His death can set things in motion or whatever, but Zovaal‘s story ends in Shadowlands.
    I would think it interesting if he succeeded at starting to reorganize reality and that destroyed him.

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    I would think it interesting if he succeeded at starting to reorganize reality and that destroyed him.
    I find this general idea of what he’s going to accomplish very interesting, but if he unmakes reality… why would we as heroes still exist?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

So, 9.2 starts and we get the first 8 bosses, with Anduin as the final one. We will defeat/save him and Sylvanas will be the key to that. After that, we will get a nice little redemption story for Sylvi. Then the rest of the raid and we finally stop the jailer. After that some more story to lead into the next expansion.

I wonder if it will be a "classic" win (we stop the jailer before bad things happen and all are happy, story wraps up, we go back to Azeroth, new story starts not connected to jailer) or if the jailer actually begins changing reality and we can only stop him before he is finished (the changes are permanent and then going forward the new expansion happens because of that)?

Just really hoping they don't release the patch between Elden Ring and Horizon Forbidden West, I would have to reconsider if I would sub if it would be the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.