Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    • Nominee for the title of "best creature design" has been found:

Thats not AYY sabotender of the cosmos.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/NoJ0hKW.png[/img]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Thats not AYY sabotender of the cosmos.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/NoJ0hKW.png[/img]
    Yeah that one is definitely the GOAT. With the FF11 Promyvion enemies appearing on the moon as well seems like there are gonna be some cool enemies there.

Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    Fucking shit company.. got this much money from recent wave of players, and still can't create simple website where all the information is presented clearly at hand, without needing for people to google what's up.
    Sadly it's been a common complaint for a while now. The official site is woefully neglected on many fronts and I seriously hope it gets updated at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Sadly it's been a common complaint for a while now. The official site is woefully neglected on many fronts and I seriously hope it gets updated at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    Fucking shit company.. got this much money from recent wave of players, and still can't create simple website where all the information is presented clearly at hand, without needing for people to google what's up.
    Yes, it is a common complaint. The website is significantly more cumbersome and convoluted than it needs to be. However, they do provide instructions on the website and in the e-mails you receive when you purchase/ pre-order on exactly what you should be doing, and where.

Googling is probably easier, I'll admit, but they do provide you with everything you need to know in order to play the game and get the information you need.

Anecdotes being what they are, I've never had any issues with the game in the years I've been playing it, and the only ones I've heard that do have issues are the ones that haven't followed the instructions given to them.

Again, I understand it could be significantly better, but anyone having issues IMO are like people complaining their IKEA furniture doesn't work right or falls apart, when they didn't follow the instructions that came with it to put it together.

I didn't have any issues myself, but can understand why others did. Given the insistence on 'dumbing down' large aspects of the game to make it less convoluted overall, such as with crafting and gathering, it's well past the point where the official site could be given a new coat of paint.

Especially considering that English isn't necessarily everybody's first language and some of the steps in regards to account creation/registering a code could be eliminated altogether.

Furthermore, to lean on the IKEA example...a lot of instructions are written in a way that isn't necessarily intuitive in the first place.

7+ Year Old Account
    I still dont understand pre ordering Endwalker and having to input 2 different codes. One for early acess and one for the regular version.

Wouldn't it be easier to just flag an account to be eligile to use Endwalker features during early access?

PS: has someone already got their regular version Endwalker code? I hope they send it next week
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    I still dont understand pre ordering Endwalker and having to input 2 different codes. One for early acess and one for the regular version.

Wouldn't it be easier to just flag an account to be eligile to use Endwalker features during early access?

PS: has someone already got their regular version Endwalker code? I hope they send it next week
    Japanese can't make decent websites to save their lives, why should an online store be any better?
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

The following items can now be equipped regardless of gender:
    Aaaaaaaaaaaand Aymeric's attire isn't on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Yeah that one is definitely the GOAT. With the FF11 Promyvion enemies appearing on the moon as well seems like there are gonna be some cool enemies there.
    and we still haven't seen the final zone unless its that brief shot of a hellscape in the trailer thats could just be Pandemonium.

- - - Updated - - -

Ones the game license the other is the bonus stuff. They usually end up selling that second one down the line as a collectors edition upgrade and probably just use the same codes on release and later on the store and so keep it as a second account attachment since you technically only need that one once but need like a ps4 and pc or mac client license per platform on the same account.

15+ Year Old Account

The two codes have to deal with how SE won't charge you for Endwalker until like 2 weeks before release, so you can get your pre order code right when you pre order, but if you cancel your order or the credit card doesn't go through when the charge finally happens, you won't get the full game code. There are undoubtedly going to be cases of this happening, "They should just remove the flag for those accounts then" doesn't work so well when it's a game key.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Yes, it is a common complaint. The website is significantly more cumbersome and convoluted than it needs to be. However, they do provide instructions on the website and in the e-mails you receive when you purchase/ pre-order on exactly what you should be doing, and where.

Googling is probably easier, I'll admit, but they do provide you with everything you need to know in order to play the game and get the information you need.

Anecdotes being what they are, I've never had any issues with the game in the years I've been playing it, and the only ones I've heard that do have issues are the ones that haven't followed the instructions given to them.

Again, I understand it could be significantly better, but anyone having issues IMO are like people complaining their IKEA furniture doesn't work right or falls apart, when they didn't follow the instructions that came with it to put it together.
    I just don't buy from SE, it's cheaper and less hassle lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    The two codes have to deal with how SE won't charge you for Endwalker until like 2 weeks before release, so you can get your pre order code right when you pre order, but if you cancel your order or the credit card doesn't go through when the charge finally happens, you won't get the full game code. There are undoubtedly going to be cases of this happening, "They should just remove the flag for those accounts then" doesn't work so well when it's a game key.
    Welp, It did happen to me. My payment didn't go through so I had to place a new Endwalker order despite already having Early Access in my account since May
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Welp, It did happen to me. My payment didn't go through so I had to place a new Endwalker order despite already having Early Access in my account since May
    A guildmate had an issue with his first purchase just.... didn't happen, it was weird, SE's store is not very good at all.

7+ Year Old Account
    So, just to make sure. We are supposed to receive the full endwalker code some day before the official launch right?

So, just to make sure. We are supposed to receive the full endwalker code some day before the official launch right?
    Yes, you should. As you need to have the Expansion registered on your account to access it once launch happens as opposed to just early access.

Well, now y'all are freaking me out about needing a second code. I didn't pre-order EW from SE, so I should expect a second code from the site I bought it from or should I already be good?

I read in the patch notes that the sprout icon lasts until completion of ShB now. I get to be a n00b for longer, yay!
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

The website being shit isn't just a problem with FF or Square, Japanese companies in general don't really give much thought to the user experience in terms of UI.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I just don't buy from SE, it's cheaper and less hassle lol.
    I'm guessing you do this through Steam then?

Don't you still have to deal with the websites with registering an account? Or is literally everything handled through Steam?

Yeah, despite having a charge on my CC from over 2 weeks ago for EW, Mog station doesn't show I have access.

Chat customer service was as expected, a kindergarten kid with no actual critical thinking or responsibility. Shoved another support team down my throat who may not be able to answer for a week LOL.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nobody has access to endwalker yet. They haven't shipped out the full codes. If you have early access you can play for all of early access just like with Stormblood and then Shadowbringers. And just like with those two, the full game code will be given to you sometime before the official endwalker release.

It's a bit overly complex but it's what's needed for their system.

I do have to wonder if there's some kind of law in Japan that you can't charge for a product unless it's being shipped within a certain time frame. I've pre ordered figures from Japan before, but it was through english brokers. Or it might just be a square enix thing.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"