Page 40 of 77 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Daredevil doesn't kill either, but there's gotta be a few in that stairwell fight sequence in season 2 that won't be waking up.
    Sure, but if we're talking "comics-accurate"...Daredevil and Batman don't intentionally kill people.

Even in that stairwell fight scene...logically, one can deduce that people would likely have died... but we never actually see Daredevil intentionally murder anyone.

You can't say the same thing about Batfleck.

This conversation pops up a lot around batman. The whole does he kill or not.

Just because some hollywood directors get excessive with his batmobile and general weapon use which would defiantly kill people I still think that doesnt justify saying "batman kills" because they fail totally to see the logic behind the character.

If batman is just another killer it completely defeats the entire point of his character arc after being left a orphan because of murder.

And its not in a "oh hes the good guy so he cant kill" way. But it completely nullifies his entire purpose which is to try and make the best of a shitty situation at the expense of himself to improve the city his parents cared for so deeply.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post

Just because some hollywood directors get excessive with his batmobile and general weapon use which would defiantly kill people I still think that doesnt justify saying "batman kills" because they fail totally to see the logic behind the character.

If batman is just another killer it completely defeats the entire point of his character arc after being left a orphan because of murder.

And its not in a "oh hes the good guy so he cant kill" way. But it completely nullifies his entire purpose which is to try and make the best of a shitty situation at the expense of himself to improve the city his parents cared for so deeply.
    To be fair, if he killed his villains, Gotham would have been cleaned up by now.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    To be fair, if he killed his villains, Gotham would have been cleaned up by now.
    Or he could use his billions to make Arkham Asylum have some decent walls so they dont keep escaping

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Ok. I'm done now. Let's move on.
    you: "i will be a big man, i will let, ago"
    also you: actually don't move on, and its only done, when have the last word.

how mature

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post

Just because some hollywood directors get excessive with his batmobile and general weapon use which would defiantly kill people I still think that doesnt justify saying "batman kills" because they fail totally to see the logic behind the character..
    i mean, thats the entire point of it, hollywood directors wanting the movie to be flashy and have a lot of wacky actions, so they show those big expansions and people getting fucked up.

Now people getting those scenes, and drawing a parallel with batman mentality like he is a sociopath killer, when he clearly, was not seeking for that, is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    you: "i will be a big man, i will let, ago"
    also you: actually don't move on, and its only done, when have the last word.

how mature
    Ok, if it makes you feel better... you can say one more time that Batman doesn't intend to kill people when he decides to blow them up. I won't say anything about it or counter it in anyway. You can have the last word.

I dont know about the details about Batman and his no kill rule, but it definitely doesnt apply to chinese.

BECAUSE THE WORLD NEEDS A SONUVABITCH
    Last edited by Shadowferal; 2022-01-14 at 12:35 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm confused, usually trailers tell too much, here I still don't know what is going on..

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    I'm confused, usually trailers tell too much, here I still don't know what is going on..
    1. John Cena dancing to hair metal in his tightie whities.
    2. Robert Patrick chewing scenery as his asshole dad.
    3. Horrible over the top violence.

And that was just the first episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    1. John Cena dancing to hair metal in his tightie whities.
    2. Robert Patrick chewing scenery as his asshole dad.
    3. Horrible over the top violence.

And that was just the first episode.
    First 3 episodes were entertaining, but haven't wowed me. Tonally, it felt more in line with Super instead of Suicide Squad or GOTG.

That's not a bad thing, but that the pacing will deliver a good show over the 8 odd episodes. Each episode may feel less than the sum of its parts.

Whether or not you like Peacemaker will probably depend on where you draw the line on goofiness. I have a high tolerance and rather liked it but YMMV. I definitely liked Cena here more than in TSS.

Quote Originally Posted by JDL49 View Post
    Whether or not you like Peacemaker will probably depend on where you draw the line on goofiness. I have a high tolerance and rather liked it but YMMV. I definitely liked Cena here more than in TSS.
    I'd agree with this, it's a little too goofy for me, not to stop me enjoying it too much but I'm regularly thinking 'that didn't need to be a joke cena' and shaking my head.

Again just my taste, I'll watch it the day it comes out from now and I'm only an episode and half in

I LOVED the Peacemaker show! Cena is terrific. Gunn is my wheelhouse of humor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely goofy. Cena sells it, and Discount Deadpool was fun. Needs more hair metal.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Cena is surprisingly charismatic. Since "Bumblebee" I've kept an ear out for him getting more work.

I'm just going to say it. I think Peacemaker is a very entertaining show so far, with a great cast. Cena is indeed underrated. He's a fun dude to watch.

Episode 4 was fantastic. It's really setting things up well.

dear god this show is bonkers in all the best ways. the intro song and dance is going to be stuck in my head for days now.