Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    One day people will figure out how to think for themselves instead of worrying about what a youtuber says.
    They haven't managed that on large scale in thousands of years. I advocate against holding your breath.

10+ Year Old Account
    An insane dragon isn't really a bad archetype.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

So it turns out a part of the Hearthstone Tavern is actually the interior of the Alliance garrison lvl2/3mage tower but with -slightly- higher resolution textures/more detailed internal geometry.

Note: I'm only showing the exterior of the interiors, hence the weird inside-out looking stuff.

[extreme speculation]
    Another thing that's been uprezzed internally similar to the other human buildings and then also partially reused for the Hearthstone Tavern, maybe? The new uprezzed human buildings from 9.x also share many textures with garrison models as well as the Hearthstone Tavern. Hmm.
    [/extreme speculation]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    So it turns out a part of the Hearthstone Tavern is actually the interior of the Alliance garrison lvl2/3mage tower but with -slightly- higher resolution textures/more detailed internal geometry.

Note: I'm only showing the exterior of the interiors, hence the weird inside-out looking stuff.

[extreme speculation]
    Another thing that's been uprezzed internally similar to the other human buildings and then also partially reused for the Hearthstone Tavern, maybe? The new uprezzed human buildings from 9.x also share many textures with garrison models as well as the Hearthstone Tavern. Hmm.
    [/extreme speculation]
    They are either planning to use alliance building assets in 10.0, or there is a revamp. Either way we will be getting old school buildings which is cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vladier View Post
    Naaru are definitely more powerful than just a Kyrian or an Old God minion. A'dal is described as having the power to level mountains, Tu'ure sacrificed itself to save a planet from Dimensius and his army, Void Gods are said to be able to destroy entire worlds. They are probably rather close to Old Gods or are at least in-between a weak Old God and a full-power Old God in power (keep in mind, also, that Azerothian Old Gods actually found themselves on a Titan, so they are most likely stronger than those who landed on a normal planet). They are just made of glass, so an unprepared Naaru is incredibly easy to kill.

I also don't think that every force needs a Pantheon. We've been to the Twisting Nether, fought many demons, destroyed the Burning Legion, and not once did we hear about a Pantheon of Chaos. In fact, the closest would be Sargeras's plans for his siblings. I think that the Light might just not have a Pantheon: we've heard so many times about how "In the Light we are one" and similar expressions, the Light itself as a religion is all about selflessness and unity (as opposed to the Void's selfishness and madness), I think the Light might just be a Hive Mind of sorts, and only outside of it do its creatures gain a separate personality.
    So glass cannons? Still kinda dumb imo. Theres no way Naaru are on the power scale if Old Gods. And btw when I said minions, I meant lieutenants. Like on the power scale of Mannoroth, The big Sha, Titankeepers, Dragon Aspects not including Deathwing etc. A tier below Old Gods, Archimonde and Kiljaeden. Its all speculation anyways. We havent seen a Naaru do anything that impressive in game imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    "Dragon themes" aka the entire fantasy genre
    No. It was specifically the Dragonflights. Not random dragons.

Nobbel is disappointed, but he’s not doom and gloom about WoW. You guys need to seriously cool down and differentiate a game from reality.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    They are either planning to use alliance building assets in 10.0, or there is a revamp. Either way we will be getting old school buildings which is cool.

- - - Updated - - -

So glass cannons? Still kinda dumb imo. Theres no way Naaru are on the power scale if Old Gods. And btw when I said minions, I meant lieutenants. Like on the power scale of Mannoroth, The big Sha, Titankeepers, Dragon Aspects not including Deathwing etc. A tier below Old Gods, Archimonde and Kiljaeden. Its all speculation anyways. We havent seen a Naaru do anything that impressive in game imo.
    Are you downplaying the Aspects and the Keepers? Seriously?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    An insane dragon isn't really a bad archetype.
    It’s not. Deathwing was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post

[extreme speculation]
    [/extreme speculation]
    It will fire housing speculation

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    It’s not. Deathwing was awesome.
    Hardly. An insane dragon hell-bent on destroying Azeroth, just because Old Gods told him too. Zero relatability, zero redeeming qualities and probably the weakest villain in that regard. Sarg wanted to stop Void Lords, Arthas had good intentions at start, Garrosh wanted to uplift Orcs and the likes of Gul'dan/KT simply craved power. Meanwhile Derpwing wanted to wreck a planet cuz told to do so and then immediately commit sudoku. He was impressive in size and destructive force, but little else.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-01-07 at 09:29 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Aside from the fact that it's not going to happen? I'd feel happy that an Alliance character finally showed some balls and grew a spine.

I wish Tyrande did that and used her Divine Elune powers to nuke Orgrimmar.

If you thought I'm one of those Alliance players who play a Human Paladin and want to be Lawful Good/Stupid, you're wrong. I'd love for the Ren'dorei to finally get some action, by ushering doom upon all their enemies, not too differently from the Vision of Stormwind
    Nah, Alleria and Turalyon will be the villains of the upcoming LightVoid expansion. Both gone mad with their respective power.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I really hate the Jailer's whole, "Hahaha, those puny mortals don't mean anything, despite the fact that they've murdered gods and beaten all of my forces and allies up to here. I'm gonna let them live because there's no possible chance they could stop my super-duper-ultra-mega-hyper-perfect plan."
    Saturday Morning Cartoon villains mist be stupid and one note so that the heroes can always beat them and the kids can understand the plot.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Saturday Morning Cartoon villains mist be stupid and one note so that the heroes can always beat them and the kids can understand the plot.
    And yet so many times I saw people here claiming SL plot is "convoluted".
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Nah, Alleria and Turalyon will be the villains of the upcoming LightVoid expansion. Both gone mad with their respective power.

- - - Updated - - -

Alleria Windrunner is the most powerful mortal leader at the moment. With a single touch, she could bring doom upon an entire civilization (Quel'Thalas). Don't even think for a moment that she would be one of those dungeon bosses who would be taken care of in 5 minutes. If she were to go rogue, seeking to usher in a new era of the Void, then it is likely that the entire world could very well be destroyed. Which could work as a sort of "tie-in" to a hypothetical WOW 2.0 or WOW: Realm Reborn expansion.

Turalyon is not villain material, he is too weak. In the Visions of N'Zoth, it is shown that Alleria and the Ren'dorei brought the Alliance to its knees and left Turalyon a broken and dying man in front of the steps of the cathedral.

Turalyon is cattle and the Ren'dorei are the hunters, he is not villain material. He is not chad enough.

And, by the way, Alleria would never become a villain. Do you want to know why? Because she's one of the two only major Ren'dorei characters. If she became a villain, only Magister Umbric would be left. No other race has ever been in this situation where they'd only have one major lore character.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-01-07 at 10:41 AM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Thinking about Tazavesh recently made me think I'd like to see an expansion that fleshes out the stories of the Ethereal cartels, and maybe the goblin ones as well. They showed us in SL that there seems to be a lot going on with them, but didn't really give us a story for them.

Alleria Windrunner is the most powerful mortal leader at the moment. With a single touch, she could bring doom upon an entire civilization (Quel'Thalas). Don't even think for a moment that she would be one of those dungeon bosses who would be taken care of in 5 minutes. If she were to go rogue, seeking to usher in a new era of the Void, then it is likely that the entire world could very well be destroyed. Which could work as a sort of "tie-in" to a hypothetical WOW 2.0 or WOW: Realm Reborn expansion.

Turalyon is not villain material, he is too weak. In the Visions of N'Zoth, it is shown that Alleria and the Ren'dorei brought the Alliance to its knees and left Turalyon a broken and dying man in front of the steps of the cathedral.

Turalyon is cattle and the Ren'dorei are the hunters, he is not villain material. He is not chad enough.

And, by the way, Alleria would never become a villain. Do you want to know why? Because she's one of the two only major Ren'dorei characters. If she became a villain, only Magister Umbric would be left. No other race has ever been in this situation where they'd only have one major lore character.
    Alleria is definitely not a 5 man boss
    She’s a scenario boss that took about 3 minutes

I’m ready for dragons and magic instead of “here’s super devil’s plan that was planned around our plan that we planned around mega devil’s plan”

We have some story about the elemental lords from the BfA expeditions and we even saw the expedition storylines become a thing in 8.3 with the klaxxi

Idk about old gods but we definitely have enough for dragons to stand on their own and not need cosmic garbage included

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    One day people will figure out how to think for themselves instead of worrying about what a youtuber says.
    Or one day you and your ilk will realize that people just use known people as examples, since they represent a widely known level of reference. If even the stallward defenders and rabid fanatic fans have enough then maybe, just maybe, not everything is as peachy as it seems to you.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    And yet so many times I saw people here claiming SL plot is "convoluted".
    The plot is convoluted and requires Jailer to be pulling strings behind every event that has ever happened in Warcraft, but Jailer itself is written like moustache twirling cartoon villain with half a sentence worth of personality.

7+ Year Old Account
    The plot is convoluted and requires Jailer to be pulling strings behind every event that has ever happened in Warcraft, but Jailer itself is written like moustache twirling cartoon villain with half a sentence worth of personality.
    Eh, no. "One guy behind everything" is really not complicated.

That's usually not what convoluted means, even if the word origin might actually fit here. The jailer's plot is just unbelievable/inconceivable, a last minute ass-pull from the writers and boderline retcon (more of a piss-poor "recon"). I think the point to take home here is more that the average joe is not exactly well versed in literary analysis its terminology, but every schmock can realize that something is off about the character and his story. Even if they don't use the correct terminology here.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Alleria is definitely not a 5 man boss
    She’s a scenario boss that took about 3 minutes

I’m ready for dragons and magic instead of “here’s super devil’s plan that was planned around our plan that we planned around mega devil’s plan”

We have some story about the elemental lords from the BfA expeditions and we even saw the expedition storylines become a thing in 8.3 with the klaxxi

Idk about old gods but we definitely have enough for dragons to stand on their own and not need cosmic garbage included
    That's just because the Visions of N'Zoth were explicitly designed to serve as Solo content and served as the clear basis for Torghast.

Thrall was also a scenario boss according to you, despite the fact that when he was Warchief he needed a whole raid to be killed.

Alleria Windrunner is the first mortal in the history of the Cosmos to successfully defy the Shadows' whispers, that already solidifies her place as one of the strongest mortals on Azeroth.

If we want to get into details, Alleria absorbed the Dark Naaru L'ura, who was already the final boss of a dungeon. Since she absorbed it and added her strength to her own, she breached into Raid threshold.

Of course this is all pointless speculation since Alleria will never go rogue
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    That's just because the Visions of N'Zoth were explicitly designed to serve as Solo content and served as the clear basis for Torghast.

Thrall was also a scenario boss according to you, despite the fact that when he was Warchief he needed a whole raid to be killed.

Alleria Windrunner is the first mortal in the history of the Cosmos to successfully defy the Shadows' whispers, that already solidifies her place as one of the strongest mortals on Azeroth.

If we want to get into details, Alleria absorbed the Dark Naaru L'ura, who was already the final boss of a dungeon. Since she absorbed it and added her strength to her own, she breached into Raid threshold.

Of course this is all pointless speculation since Alleria will never go rogue
    Well that, and I'm not sure that the WoW userbase really wants another expansion where the main antagonist is another Windrunner sister "corrupted" by shadow magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Ummm no he isn't. They're connected but they aren't the same character.
    Not my damn point. Wrath Arthas and Zovaal are generic ass evil mf's, difference us that unlike Zovaal, the entirety of Arthas' story was set up in WC3...