Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Yes yes..all because you say so..."so there!" Yea...again a child's argument...kids...
    The simple facts prove it, just because you have no common sense doesnt make it any less true, the childs argument is yourself because you ignore everything that proves you to be wrong. When you class a 7-8 rated show as bad then you have no intention of being honest.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    The simple facts prove it, just because you have no common sense doesnt make it any less true, the childs argument is yourself because you ignore everything that proves you to be wrong. When you class a 7-8 rated show as bad then you have no intention of being honest.
    Your mother is calling you...

Your mother is calling you...
    When you act like a 2 year old you have just proven you have lost, by all means you can not enjoy a show but you cant claim the show is bad, just like you cant claim a game is bad because you dont like it.

When you act like a 2 year old you have just proven you have lost, by all means you can not enjoy a show but you cant claim the show is bad, just like you cant claim a game is bad because you dont like it.
    Are you crying? There's no crying in these forums! No crying...

Are you crying? There's no crying in these forums! No crying...
    Noone has cried more than you because of a tv series not being like a book you enjoy, suck it up you dont always get what you think you want.

5+ Year Old Account
    Seems you have a problem with people being divided over something, tbh. Also, what is this thing you are trying to "win"?

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Your own example agrees with what I am saying lmao. If a double knot is more intricate than a single knot, then the fableblades version is more inticate than the show version. Even if both are plan. It is amazing how you seem to disagree with what I've said while saying the exact same thing as me.
    So you are basically being a deliberately pedantic fuckwit simply to justify your point. Like you basically are for literally any arguement we have ever had regarding almost anything in this series. Discussing anything with you is like having an argument with a goddamned 5 year old, except that the 5 year old at least has a valid reason for acting like a bloody child. What's your excuse?

- - - Updated - - -

Which again just reinforces that one is more intricate the the other because one is a custom piece that isn't bog standard. Lmao. You just agreed with what I said while ranting why I was wrong. It doesn't matter if the fableblades version is a "plain basic blade" it is still more intricate then the show version because one is bog standard while one is not.
    Because you seem to require that I dumb this shit down to gradeschool difficulty to get it:
    - Custom /= intricate. I could custom make that exact same katana and it would still not add intricacy to it.
    - "Bog standard" as a descriptor is not an indication of intricacy or lack there of, it's simply used to denote the fact that the katana is a basic example of that particular type of sword, which could be found basically anywhere: It's literally just a way of saying "it's a fucking katana".
    - One blade is a katana. It is not book accurate.
    - One blade is not a katana. It is much closer to book accurate (but not 100%).
    - BOTH are plain, basic blades.
    - One had been polished (for the goddamned illiterate among us, IE YOU, that means someone took the time to put a shine on it. SHINING A FUCKING BLADE DOES NOT ADD INTRICACY).
    - Stop being a fucking child.

The end.

- - - Updated - - -

Someone, somewhere out there enjoys being kicked repeatedly in the nuts. Therefore we objectively can not argue that being kicked in the nuts is bad, because someone likes it.
    Someone, somewhere out there probably enjoyed that E.T. The Extra Terrestrial ATARI game. Therefore, despite the fact that it is almost universally acclaimed as one of the worst video games to ever have been produced in the history of video gaming, everyone who believes so is wrong, because someone out there might have actually liked it.
    I could repeat this literally forever just to prove a point, but I am pretty sure you simply wouldn't get it no matter how hard I tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazza View Post
    Seems you have a problem with people being divided over something, tbh. Also, what is this thing you are trying to "win"?
    You cant claim something is bad just because you dont like it, that doesnt make something bad, anyone who has claimed the tv series as bad has lost the argument because its a proven fact it isnt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Someone, somewhere out there enjoys being kicked repeatedly in the nuts. Therefore we objectively can not argue that being kicked in the nuts is bad, because someone likes it.
    Someone, somewhere out there probably enjoyed that E.T. The Extra Terrestrial ATARI game. Therefore, despite the fact that it is almost universally acclaimed as one of the worst video games to ever have been produced in the history of video gaming, everyone who believes so is wrong, because someone out there might have actually liked it.
    I could repeat this literally forever just to prove a point, but I am pretty sure you simply wouldn't get it no matter how hard I tried.
    80% of ppl who watched the tv liked it, so the series is not bad, if you dont like something that doesnt mean its bad it just means you dont like it for some reason. The only reason the book lovers dont like it is because it doesnt follow the book story so they automatically dont like it for a very small number of book fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Where are you getting that each copy sold 90million the series as a whole apparently only hit 80m in 2017.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...-selling_books
    click the wheel of time link within your link and you get

The Wheel of Time is notable for its length, detailed imaginary world and magic system, and large cast of characters. The eighth through fourteenth books each reached number one on the New York Times Best Seller list. After its completion, the series was nominated for a Hugo Award.[4] As of 2021, the series has sold over 90 million copies worldwide, making it one of the best-selling epic fantasy series since The Lord of the Rings.[5][6] Its popularity has spawned a collectible card game, a video game, a roleplaying game, and soundtrack album. A TV series adaptation produced by Sony Pictures and Amazon Studios premiered in 2021.

5+ Year Old Account
    You cant claim something is bad just because you dont like it, that doesnt make something bad, anyone who has claimed the tv series as bad has lost the argument because its a proven fact it isnt.
    Other people than me are obviously free to like it, that still doesn't mean that I have to agree with it being good. Because that is O-P-I-N-I-O-N. Also, I have repeated several times that the show is a 5, maybe a 6 out of 10 for me as a standalone show. Mediocre, but watchable. As an adaptation, however, it is an utter dissapointment to me. It has changed a lot and not for the better.

80% of ppl who watched the tv liked it, so the series is not bad, if you dont like something that doesnt mean its bad it just means you dont like it for some reason. The only reason the book lovers dont like it is because it doesnt follow the book story so they automatically dont like it for a very small number of book fans.
    Lets see, imdb has it at 7,2/10, rotten tomatoes has it at 65% audience rating. (The critics rating on RT is 84%, however, the top critics rating is only 54%. We are talking audiences though) Both are a tad lower than 80%, you can even say the second one is closer to what I would rate the show standalone than your 80%.

edit: the rating on Amazon itself is only 3.3 out of 5 wich ends up at 58.5% (recalculated because you can't give a 0 star rating to something, meaning 1 star = 0% and 5 stars = 100%)

Just accept that people are divided on it.
    Last edited by Mazza; 2022-01-10 at 12:43 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uopayroll View Post
    click the wheel of time link within your link and you get

The Wheel of Time is notable for its length, detailed imaginary world and magic system, and large cast of characters. The eighth through fourteenth books each reached number one on the New York Times Best Seller list. After its completion, the series was nominated for a Hugo Award.[4] As of 2021, the series has sold over 90 million copies worldwide, making it one of the best-selling epic fantasy series since The Lord of the Rings.[5][6] Its popularity has spawned a collectible card game, a video game, a roleplaying game, and soundtrack album. A TV series adaptation produced by Sony Pictures and Amazon Studios premiered in 2021.
    nothing there point's to each book selling 90millon that's the series as a whole.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazza View Post
    Other people than me are obviously free to like it, that still doesn't mean that I have to agree with it being good. Because that is O-P-I-N-I-O-N. Also, I have repeated several times that the show is a 5, maybe a 6 out of 10 for me as a standalone show. Mediocre, but watchable. As an adaptation, however, it is an utter dissapointment to me. It has changed a lot and not for the better.

Lets see, imdb has it at 7,2/10, rotten tomatoes has it at 65% audience rating. (The critics rating on RT is 84%, however, the top critics rating is only 54%. We are talking audiences though) Both are a tad lower than 80%, you can even say the second one is closer to what I would rate the show standalone than your 80%.

edit: the rating on Amazon itself is only 3.3 out of 5 wich ends up at 58.5% (recalculated because you can't give a 0 star rating to something, meaning 1 star = 0% and 5 stars = 100%)

Just accept that people are divided on it.
    rotten tomatos is useless not enough ratings to base anything accurately of it, imbd is the only one with a decent amount and most of its ratings were all 7 and above with most at a 10 rating, the rating was probably dropped by one whole mark because book fans didnt get the story they wanted otherwise it would be over 8.

Its a solid good show and that is proven by all the data available, even most of the ratings on amazon are mostly max ratings, ppl who give something the lowest rating are just doing it out of spite not because its actually bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    nothing there point's to each book selling 90millon that's the series as a whole.
    Correct. He either misspoke or didn't realize what it was saying. The series as a whole sold that much. From a few local booksellers I've spoken to, Wheel of Time book sales have picked up, so if for nothing else, the series has my thanks for creating more book fans.

The books are still quite the major seller for a fantasy set of books, and if the series, for all its faults, brings a new generation of people to read RJ's work.... well good.

Hopefully the next time they make a series out of his books it will be by a team that did more than the cliffnotes, but who knows how long that will take.

As far as all of you arguing over if the show was "good or not" based on ratings. Remember, most of the sites that do ratings online now have been altered because corporations don't like it when people can see that other people don't like their products. Its the reason you can't give 0s, or that Rotten Tomatoes doesn't even count scores into the total that are below a 3.

All that being said, the ratings for the show A) don't look like people hate it AND B) mostly look to be posted from when the first 3 episodes came out. That would about track, as the first three episodes were the least "wtf did they do" out of the 8. Most of the critics/reviewers on youtube also had relatively good things to say about it around that time, but many (though not all) have soured on it as the season went on.

I myself, while I was not happy with the season as a whole, was going along with it up until Episode 6. I would have given it a 6-7 out of 10, depending on the episode, prior to that. From Episode 6 - 8, the series went from mediocre to really bad, and outside of a few diehards, it seems the reviews/reviewers have not been happy with the end of the season either. For me, it went from "this could be salvaged" to "wow ok no thank you".

For those that still like it, enjoy, may you get more than season 2. I don't expect you will, but try to have a bit of sympathy for all the people who wanted this to be a great show, and got served something that makes the Shannara Chronicles look good.

- - - Updated - - -

rotten tomatos is useless not enough ratings to base anything accurately of it, imbd is the only one with a decent amount and most of its ratings were all 7 and above with most at a 10 rating, the rating was probably dropped by one whole mark because book fans didnt get the story they wanted otherwise it would be over 8.

Its a solid good show and that is proven by all the data available, even most of the ratings on amazon are mostly max ratings, ppl who give something the lowest rating are just doing it out of spite not because its actually bad.
    If you like it, good for you. I don't know a single person I've spoken to in real life (and I know quite a few WoT fans, and a handful of non-readers, who have watched it) that enjoyed the season. The start wasn't bad (though not great and made alot of book fans nervous for the changes to come), but it got alot worse.

The review that said everything I needed to hear about this show is when Daniel Greene, possibly the biggest WoT person on Youtube, said that based on the end of S1, he wouldn't watch S2 if his channel wasn't based around WoT. He gives Rafe and his team WAY more leeway than the vast majority, and even he thought season 1 ended pretty awfully.

You can choose to believe people liked the whole thing, but when even the most fanboy of fanboys are not happy with it.........

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    What's your excuse?
    You spent several replies arguing with me over something that you are now raging over. I'm not the problem you are. You agree with what I originally said and now that you realized that you take to insults and rage. Lol. I never said custom=intricate. You called one bog standard and one not bog standard so by your own words there is a difference in quality between the two.

You are the one being pedantic by taking issue with me using intricate but you can use "polish" "bog standard" or another descriptor to denote a difference between two blades. If there is a difference the two are not the same despite you calling them both plain. That difference is what I've been talking about the entire time and what you've been arguing about this entire time despite arguing against it while arguing for it at the same time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by uopayroll View Post
    As of 2021, the series has sold over 90 million copies worldwide
    The keyword you are missing is the series and not each individual book. The show is providing a large boost to Eye of the World since it is on the NYT Bestseller list for audio and normal book (and amazon's most read and best seller list). But each of the 14 books in the series have not sold 90 million each.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-01-10 at 01:09 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

80% of ppl who watched the tv liked it, so the series is not bad.
    We have been over this before: Just because a large number of people like garbage does not, infact, mean that it isn't still garbage. Ever hear of Sturgeons Law? The world is literally FILLED with stuff that is shit that people still "like". Doesn't mean it isn't still shit.

5+ Year Old Account

*Doesn't believe the data*
    *Claims the data proves him right*

Right then...

- - - Updated - - -

The keyword you are missing is the series and not each individual book. The show is providing a large boost to Eye of the World since it is on the NYT Bestseller list for audio and normal book (and amazon's most read and best seller list). But each of the 14 books in the series have not sold 90 million each.
    I guess I can count that as something good coming out of the show, even when I don't quite like the show itself. As a side note, I do wonder what the stats (if they exist) are on the number of different people reading the same copy. I know that my town has an extensive free library that carries the series for instance and those books were already pretty popular before the tv series. Anecdotical, I know.

Your own example agrees with what I am saying lmao. If a double knot is more intricate than a single knot, then the fableblades version is more inticate than the show version. Even if both are plan. It is amazing how you seem to disagree with what I've said while saying the exact same thing as me.
    Dude....no one is denying that the Fableblades version is "more intricate" than the shows sword, what they're saying is that it is not "intricate" it's just more intricate than the one they used in the show.

You agree with what I originally said...
    At no point have I ever agreed with what you said. Despite the fiction you have made up in your head where you keep insisting that what I am saying and what you are saying are the same thing, this is not true. The fact that you keep either deliberately missing the point, willfully twisting my words to mean something I have not said in an attempt to make it align with your perceptions, and flat out misusing comments and definitions pedantically to justify your arguments still does not mean that you are correct.

I never said custom=intricate.
    Which again just reinforces that one is more intricate the the other because one is a custom piece that isn't bog standard.
    That was you, literally saying that me describing one blade as "custom" means it is more "intricate". Try again.

Making petty little bullshit arguments like "you used the word polished to describe one but not the other so therefore one is more intricate" isn't helping your case either. It's literally displaying a grasp of the English language so weak it's embarrassing, as it's blatantly obvious that you have absolutely no idea how the word Polished is being used in the context applied and are just spouting nonsense because it seems to support your argument (hint, it doesn't).

The use of "polished" (as in, shiny, because someone polished the blade) as a descriptor has literally no relevance to the complexity, intricacy, craftsmanship or basically any other factor about the blade except to literally note that ONE IS SHINY AND ONE ISN'T. Literally the ONLY thing this does to "differentiate" between the two blades is point out that one was polished and the other wasn't (likely because they had literally just finished gluing their cheapass heron decal to it and simply hadn't had time yet). This is like the 4th time I have attempted to explain this to you.

And you also need to stop with the moronic "absolute degrees of intricacy" bullshit. Nobody gives a flying fuck if one extra twist on the braiding of the leather on the hilt between one sword and the other means that that sword has a strictly literal slight increase in "intricacy", because that is not the context in which we are describing the swords as "intricate". Which literally any child would have picked up on a couple minutes into this discussion. The fact that you STILL haven't picked up on that and are continuing to desperately cling to a deliberate misuse of the context at hand because it's the only way you can justify your shit is frankly absolutely goddamned astounding.

If there is a difference the two are not the same despite you calling them both plain.
    This is quite possibly the stupidest thing you have said so far:

OF COURSE THERE ARE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE TWO. They are TWO DIFFERENT SWORDS. It's physically impossible for there NOT to be differences between them. This does not mean that both can't still be plain, non intricate swords. A Cube and a Sphere are two completely different basic shapes. This does not somehow make one "more or less" basic than the other. Your argument here is ridiculous...
    Last edited by Surfd; 2022-01-10 at 03:02 AM.