Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Ummm... Legion did that already...

Sounds good, doesn't work. People would just be toxic to guilds that stream the race "finish it already we don't care about this shit we want 10.0 announcement" and imagine if the very top guilds in the race with the most chance just started to protest and take a break from the race...
    WoW players are toxic for sure, but I doubt they are that toxic.

That being said it would probably be problematic if some of the bosses are overtuned for the world first race.
    I could definitely see how that would become an issue.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Omg Ybarra is totally gonna change things
    That announcement is 100% unique and not word for word what we hear
    Every
    Single
    Time
    Change what? Announcing the next expansion after the current one has been out for 1 year and 2 months and the final patch is about to release is par for the course. If anything it's about time they announced 10.0, what are we waiting for exactly lol?
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Omg Ybarra is totally gonna change things
    That announcement is 100% unique and not word for word what we hear
    Every
    Single
    Time
    A broken clock is right twice a day.
    If he keeps saying it then chances are that it will eventually be correct, if only because of random chance and the fluctuations of the universe.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    WoW players are toxic for sure, but I doubt they are that toxic.

That being said it would probably be problematic if some of the bosses are overtuned for the world first race.
    I could definitely see how that would become an issue.
    I jump to the worst case scenario. But could go close to there seeing the reception of 9.2 before it released and how much people care about the self contained lore in SL
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Yea seems realistic, I don't expect any 10.0 either, but I couldn't come up with anything that would excite me. New merchandise, mythic + challenge or a new type of championship are all really lame and not exciting. Hopefully they surprise us with something interesting.
    More focus on certain neglected aspects of WoW would be nice. Like more and more varied world events, or a dedicated Timewalking team.

10+ Year Old Account
    A broken clock is right twice a day.
    If he keeps saying it then chances are that it will eventually be correct, if only because of random chance and the fluctuations of the universe.
    I have no reason to disbelieve him right now, more so if Kotick ends up gone which is a bigger buff that and generally Xbox(Err microsoft is hands off to its gam dev companies...).

Minus Lion studios but that was early 2000's
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    I jump to the worst case scenario. But could go close to there seeing the reception of 9.2 before it released and how much people care about the self contained lore in SL
    I mean, I would argue that the hatred, or at least apathy towards SL and 9.2 is why such an event would work. Literally tie the final boss to the promise of a better future.

Players are unlikely to really care about seeing Zovaal defeated, but if defeating him gives us the 10.0 reveal then at least we would have more players rooting for his defeat.

The only thing that really puts a stop to those plans is that the world first race isnt really a Blizzard event, so there isn't exactly much incentive direct incentive for Blizzard to make it more exciting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I have no reason to disbelieve him right now, more so if Kotick ends up gone which is a bigger buff that and generally Xbox(Err microsoft is hands off to its gam dev companies...).

Minus Lion studios but that was early 2000's
    Minecraft just released one of its more ambitious and well received updates, and while the two studios are not exactly analogous at all i still think it's worth thinking about as Blizzard is heading for a definitive new direction.

Mop was announced while dragon soul was in ptr so I can definitely see a 10.0 announcement before 9.2 goes live.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Mop was announced while dragon soul was in ptr so I can definitely see a 10.0 announcement before 9.2 goes live.
    Most expansion were announced before the previous one concluded. But with it being so close I don't see why they shouldn't just wait. That way they basically first get a wave of subs back for 9.2, and another wave for the 10.0 hype.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Previous expansion announcements have also had a strict deadline in the form of Blizzcon. 10.0 is in a unique situation where it could be announcement at any time.
    It could be announced right now with the trailer dropping on YouTube, or it could be announced at a big livestream in 2 months. At this points it's impossible to say.

Hype for next week. I sense something big coming.

Previous expansion announcements have also had a strict deadline in the form of Blizzcon. 10.0 is in a unique situation where it could be announcement at any time.
    It could be announced right now with the trailer dropping on YouTube, or it could be announced at a big livestream in 2 months. At this points it's impossible to say.
    Who the hell wants to wait 2 months for the next expansion reveal? Lol.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah boys, good things are coming

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Who the hell wants to wait 2 months for the next expansion reveal? Lol.
    Noone does, but it could happen regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Doesnt strike me as drakonoid form... more likes hes transforming into a drake and they tried to show that.
    That's what I thought as well, but then, with the leak in mind, something else caught my attention about these images.

He has the molten blood.

As I mentioned when we first got that leak, molten blood was a corruption thing. The only time Wrathion had molten blood, it was because he was a fake. A reference to that fight is fine, but half his portraits being based on an impostor? Normally I may not have even noticed, or just complained about it being a mistake if I did, but after recent events it stands out.

I'm not saying this confirms that leak by a longshot, but getting that leak before this artwork is certainly more interesting than if we got it afterward.
    Been thinking more and more about a possible dragon race like last week's leak.

If it happens, wouldn't it be better, customization wise, to have them be chromatic dragons instead. This way players can customize their dragon form to fit which ever dragonflight they like best.
    That's definitely how I feel about it, even without having any particular investment in dragons. I'm always pro-customization, and 4/5 of dragon fans will feel deflated by a dragonflight-specific race.

But there's also totally been precedent for this sort of thing. "Wrathion is repopulating his people without his father's corruption" is definitely the kind of plot hook that would be used to give a race a strong hook and deeper customization at the cost of more varied customization. I'd prefer the alternative, but this is definitely the sort of thing that could happen.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2022-01-21 at 01:26 AM.

90% sure Ion will step down as Game Director of WoW now.

I have nothing against him personally, but dude has been way too quiet for way too long for it not to be weird at this point. What's even stranger is that he hasn't even played the game for months:
    https://www.wowprogress.com/characte...anis/Gurgthock

Last logout 5 months ago. I understand being busy, but not playing the game you design for even once in 5 months? Suspect as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    90% sure Ion will step down as Game Director of WoW now.

I have nothing against him personally, but dude has been way too quiet for way too long for it not to be weird at this point. What's even stranger is that he hasn't even played the game for months:
    https://www.wowprogress.com/characte...anis/Gurgthock

Last logout 5 months ago. I understand being busy, but not playing the game you design for even once in 5 months? Suspect as hell.
    Pretty sure he should have many accounts for playing and testing things, but either way we know the does not give a damn about the game, they are all there for the money, that is why the game sucks so much, there is no passion left in that team.

I would bet he and almost every lead/director is going to leave Blizzard Once the fiscal year is over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course there's passion on the team, good grief people.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Passion to drive this game into the ground maybe. gottem.

Maybe we'll get a d4 release date next week. Or the 5th class at least.