Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Polio and Measles say hi.
    I also love how they try to point out that no other vaccine requires "boosters" and it's like, hello, I get a tetanus shot every 10 years or less.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    I really hope Trump lives into the next election, if he were to die before then, then the GOP would be cheering his name up and down for supporters since they wouldn't have to worry about his policies or his crimes anymore. With him alive and trying to run, they have to deal with the mess they created to an extent.
    He should live long enough to watch Trump Tower and Mar-a-Lago get foreclosed on his jail cell TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    He should live long enough to watch Trump Tower and Mar-a-Lago get foreclosed on his jail cell TV.
    Where's the like button?

He needs to be demolished before old age does him in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Are you talking "taken by Deustche Bank" or "seized by NYState"? I'm actually non-Trump-based curious what happens when you lie to a lender about how much your collateral is worth. I know it's fraud and a crime, I just want to know if Deutche Bank gets to immediately say "give us back the money, or give us the building".

- - - Updated - - -

So apparently a while ago, McCarthy sued Pelosi saying that members voting without being physically present in the House was unConstitutiona.

SCOTUS says it is. Put your fucking mask on, Greene.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Are you talking "taken by Deustche Bank" or "seized by NYState"? I'm actually non-Trump-based curious what happens when you lie to a lender about how much your collateral is worth. I know it's fraud and a crime, I just want to know if Deutche Bank gets to immediately say "give us back the money, or give us the building".
    The bank can call in the debt and foreclose on it if they feel he is too high of a risk because that's a contractual violation however considering he was high risk to begin with there's probably another calculation being made. If I were a betting man I would say if Trump loses in 2024 or can't run for some reason they will call it in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    If I were a betting man I would say if Trump loses in 2024 or can't run for some reason they will call it in.
    I'm willing to agree that Deutsche Bank would love to own the WH for another few years. But with NYState trying to cut the financial legs out from under him, I don't know if they can wait that long. Again, kinda curious why they haven't moved so far...maybe they have and it's not public.

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    I also love how they try to point out that no other vaccine requires "boosters" and it's like, hello, I get a tetanus shot every 10 years or less.
    Hell, I've been getting annual flu shots for years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Hell, I've been getting annual flu shots for years.
    I prefer "Why did you eat today? You ate yesterday."

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer "Why did you eat today? You ate yesterday."
    I prefer "Vaccines aren't cures you nitwit"
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Now correct me if I’m wrong, but a state court issuing subpoena is a lot harder to “ignore” that a congressional subpoena, no?

Moreover, if this is being prosecuted on a state level, there’s nothing trump or anyone else can do to pardon himself or disband some panel to make it go away.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Now correct me if I’m wrong, but a state court issuing subpoena is a lot harder to “ignore” that a congressional subpoena, no?
    I believe so, they don't have to stop and ask the DoJ to arrest people for contempt etc. The DA just does so themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Polio and Measles say hi.
    as i look at the immunization/vaccination charts, the majority require more than one shot. Handful require 3 shots. bunch require "boosters" at varying times.

It's as if they just like lying and being ignorant
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe so, they don't have to stop and ask the DoJ to arrest people for contempt etc. The DA just does so themselves.
    It's the difference between the judiciary system issuing penalties and the legislative system issuing penalties.

Yeah, that's significant.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Moreover, if this is being prosecuted on a state level, there’s nothing trump or anyone else can do to pardon himself or disband some panel to make it go away.
    I would think the GA governor could pardon him, though, right?

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    There has to be a guilty verdict first.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    There has to be a guilty verdict first.
    Oh, I just looked it up and the Governor doesn't do that:
    only the State Board of Pardons & Paroles grants pardons in Georgia.
    It's a 5 member board, so I guess the question is whether any of them are Trump nuts or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    The governor pardoning him for tampering in an election?

That would be a shitstorm of epic level.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a 5 member board, so I guess the question is whether any of them are Trump nuts or not.
    Yeah, it's possible. Also possible, the GA AG handing everything over to Biden. Possibly personally.

I'm willing to agree that Deutsche Bank would love to own the WH for another few years. But with NYState trying to cut the financial legs out from under him, I don't know if they can wait that long. Again, kinda curious why they haven't moved so far...maybe they have and it's not public.
    Unless I am mistaken I don't see NYState as that big of a threat to Trump he can stall them for a long time and since it's a civil case the most they can get out of it is another slap on the wrist fine.