Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    And I'm talking about expansion classes in WoW, which a Bard would be. Every expansion class that has entered WoW has had its WC3 ability set.

The specific abilities are not based on NPCs, they're based on the hero units the class is based on.

Remember how you said demon hunter will never happen? And how wrong you were? Be prepared to be that wrong again.
    I'm curious about the mental gymnastics that will come on "how blizzard will for sure put them in 11.0"

Given everything thats happened, I'm sure Blizz will try to come up with something they can super hype for the next expansion. A new class would certainly give the hype machine lots of ammo to work with.

With enough copium like that i can make an argument that the brewmaster is based on the Crypt lord(which by the way is a hero where none of the abilities have made it into wow aswell).

And yes - if the tinker follows your copium standard we still cant conclude that your theory is a fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    With enough copium like that i can make an argument that the brewmaster is based on the Crypt lord(which by the way is a hero where none of the abilities have made it into wow aswell).
    Crypt Lord’s ultimate Locust Swarm was in the Death Knight and Druid classes.

Sorry, but your Brewmaster comment doesn’t make much sense.

And yes - if the tinker follows your copium standard we still cant conclude that your theory is a fact.
    Even if the Tinker is the next and final class?

People ok with Tinker: Sure, why not.

People not ok with Tinker: OH my God, this would be the worst thing to happen to WoW ever. I'm going to quit if that's the next class.

Crypt Lord’s ultimate Locust Swarm was in the Death Knight and Druid classes.

Sorry, but your Brewmaster comment doesn’t make much sense.

Even if the Tinker is the next and final class?
    How exactly was locust swarm in the DK and druid classes? Are you refering to the single target dot that in no way shape or form looked like or functioned like the Crypt lord ult?

My brewmaster comment makes sense if you know what copium is

Once again i find myself having to explain the difference between an unproven theory and a hard fact. And i honstly cant really be assed.

This thread will age either perfectly or horribly. Either way my popcorns will be ready.

What I'd like to see is both Tinker and Dragonsworn as mechanically the same class but with (obviously) different themes, so a flamethrower for one is a fire spell for the other.

For Tinker specifically, if Blizzard rebrand it something like Artificer, there's lots of extra racial flavour they can give to it; you've got the obvious ones like gnomes and goblins--and can justify them being tanks by giving one a robot suit and the other a shredder--but then you've also got the chance to play a Lightforged Warframe or a Blood Elf Arcane Golem.

That'd be a pretty cool opportunity, and provide a reason for players to create multiple Tinkers--er, Artificers.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    You’re telling me mecha-gnomes wouldn’t be playable as a tinker?
    Yeah this seems legit.
    annnnd /thread
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

IVe really had enough of ll these tinker leaks. I dont get why people want it so much.

Also No mecha gnomes for your "Tinker leak?"

I doubt that would happen honestly.

Tinker is dumb, but I'd rather have that then no new class at all tbh.

the people that want tinkers are the same people that are chain smoking their vape pens while running around in circles in oribos and forgetting which of their transmog/mount raids they've done for the week while renewing their 6 month sub for the latest sparkle pony store mount

Quote Originally Posted by Deneios View Post
    Your comparison here falls flat because of that. FF7 FF8 and FF9 are only connected by the name Final Fantasy and that they were made by Squaresoft
    No, because that's completely besides the point. Your critique falls flat because it doesn't actually attack anything relevant, though.

As gnome fan, I really wish they would add a tinker class ngl.
    However some takes from people and this very OP are just cringe tbh. I'd be glad with any class, as long as its cool and fun.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    eh... no?
    if we ignore the possibility of something completely new, and just go with warcraft heroes, dark ranger and sea witch are both concepts, similar to each other, but with nothing really similar in wow - class using ranged weapon in combination with magic...
    and dont even start with hunter, which is as close to dark ranger or sea witch as it is to tinker due to its use of traps and bombs...
    also necromancer "steps on toes" of unholy DK as much as priest steps on paladins toes...
    and thats just from the top of my head, im sure theres plenty other options...
    Marksman Hunter already merges a ranged weapon with magic. Arcane shot, chimera shot, binding shot just to name a few.
    Turn all those spells into a shadow theme and you got Dark Ranger.

Yet none of the existing specs have a mech-based tank with a separate health pool from your player or a
    Ranged DPS focusing on building and upgrading immobile turrets and other machines.

Sea witch: Resto Shaman/Frost mage. (The main reason why Kul Tirans got shaman in the first place was for resto)

Necromancer sounds like it’d be a reskinned demo lock mixed with unholy DK in every post someone makes about it. Maybe the creative types throw a bit of frost mage in there.

That being said
    We probably won’t get a tinker next expansion unless they throw in a class that’s not tied to the expansion theme directly.
    But we’ll be getting them eventually, just like we did DHs.
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    why the boner for tinkers? i never liked them. never was excited for them as a class in WoW compared to Death Knight or Demon Hunter.
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomer View Post
    Wow, rude.
    Why do you think it was "rude"? not a secret that gnome-goblin thing is comic relive so why not allow them to do their job, "rude" for me is a thing while some insane people spam tinker threads 24/7 for 10 years ...and not been able to read a room, that no one cares. If people love Tinker, its not a reason to rub it in other people face with 9999 threads about them, they can feel free to PM ION and ask him to add it as next class.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    How exactly was locust swarm in the DK and druid classes? Are you refering to the single target dot that in no way shape or form looked like or functioned like the Crypt lord ult?
    Locust Swarm in WoW;
    https://www.wowhead.com/spell=54022/locust-swarm

Druid version;
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Insect_Swarm

DK version;
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Unholy_Blight

My brewmaster comment makes sense if you know what copium is
    Your Brewmaster comment doesn't make sense regardless.

Once again i find myself having to explain the difference between an unproven theory and a hard fact. And i honstly cant really be assed.
    It's a fact that each expansion class comes from WC3. It's a fact that these three classes had WC3 abilities as its base. It's a fact that the last two WC3 heroes with open abilities are Goblin and tech based.

Where's the unproven theory?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Shadowrun would also like a word with you.
    No. No, it would not. Because I specifically mentioned Cyberpunk, not Shadowrun, because of its setting and theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    why the boner for tinkers? i never liked them. never was excited for them as a class in WoW compared to Death Knight or Demon Hunter.
    Mostly because Teriz won't shut up about them and will interpret anything and everything as evidence that they are definitely coming soon(tm).