Page 5 of 297 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Folks, try to read that without blood spurting out your nose...
    Actually quite easily when you try to treat other people kindly and don't hate people because they were born a different way. I am just not bigoted like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Sounds like you take it for granted, that's what.
    Take what for granted? That private companies aren't bound by the First Amendment, which only protects speech from the government infringing upon it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    What's "unfair" about the current moderation?
    Issue was it was not enforced equally.
    It was biased, rules for thee but not for me.

Often defended by the fact that twitter was a private company; and not regarded in the domain of the public square. Now theres nothing wrong with that in a vacum; if you ignore that in a practical sense It did serve the function of a "modern" public square.

And as such they where free to moderate what sort of content they would allow on their platform.

Now under elona it will be regarded as a part of a public platform.
    Ala unless your coming with direct threats or calls for violence, you should pmuch be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post

Often defended by the fact that twitter was a private company; and not regarded in the domain of the public square. Now theres nothing wrong with that in a vacum; if you ignore that in a practical sense It did serve the function of a "modern" public square.

And as such they where free to moderate what sort of content they would allow on their platform.

Ala unless your coming with direct threats or calls for violence, you should pmuch be good.
    looking forward to the jihadis returning

Like...? Examples guy, what examples?

It is still not the "modern public square", no matter how much people want to compare it to one.

Purely a theoretical policy change in how Twitter operates, not an actual change in the law as it relates to the First Amendment.

I look forward to a platform where Nazi's are welcomed with open arms! As long as they just keep their calls for active genocide on the down-low, ya hear?

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Truth Social was a scammy money grab, just like the hundreds of other things Trump has done in his life. His supporters seem to have done absolutely no research on the guy at all. Or they're just choosing to pretend his past doesn't exist. For his entire adult life he's went from one scam business/product to the next with money laundering and tax fraud in between. Truth Social was never going to succeed. It wasn't intended to.

It's probably a good idea to recognize how small Twitter actually is compared to other social media. People who love it tend to make the same mistake that others do, like on Reddit (like Sanders vs Biden). It represents a very small portion of people. It's not representative at all of the larger population. So even if Musk monkeys with it, it won't matter all that much. The vast majority of people won't even being looking at it.

If Musk does some serious fuckery, like letting thousands of banned people come back, then it will just turn into a worse cesspool than it already is. Whether Trump returns or any number of other nutjobs, it will just chase away regular users. There are many other ways for people to express their views without having to post on Twitter. If Musk turns it into /pol/ then it'll end up like all the other right wing social platforms.
    Twitter is small but it has outsized influence

A twitter account was literally featured multiple times on Fox new to millions of people. Its nlt just Fox news either, its felt on the NYT, wapo etc.

Take what for granted? That private companies aren't bound by the First Amendment, which only protects speech from the government infringing upon it?
    We are not arguing what Free Speech is. We are arguing your lack of admiration and respect for it, by calling it "Freeze Peach". Desingenuous suits you poorly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm... maybe I should buy MMO-Champion...

We are not arguing what Free Speech is. We are arguing your lack of admiration and respect for it, by calling it "Freeze Peach". Desingenuous suits you poorly.
    Again, you're not reading my posts. That's purely mocking the people who don't actually understand what Free Speach means and continue to incorrectly attempt to weaponize the First Amendment in areas where it is not applicable.

If you're desperate to be offended and need to create a strawman to do so I can't stop you from doing that. But I can point out that you're arguing with a strawman of your own creation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would mean more if the same people wanting Free Speech weren't also often the same ones crying when they get criticized for having bad opinions / are bigoted. Or cry when they get banned for spouting racist shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Would mean more if the same people wanting Free Speech weren't also often the same ones crying when they get criticized for having bad opinions / are bigoted. Or cry when they get banned for spouting racist shit.
    Agree. They should all just create or buy their own social media network.

Looking at what crawled out of the dark as soon as this became a topic speaks fucking volumes.

Agree. They should all just create or buy their own social media network.
    They have...Getr, Gab, Parler, Truth Social, Frank etc. were all created to be "free speech" platforms.

Yet nobody has actually bothered to use them, and they struggle to retain their "conservative influencers" since they apparently require libs to own to create content, so they've all mostly returned to Twitter/Insta since it was never about "freeze peach" for them, it was about being able to create content "owning the libs" to continue making money from their audience.

They have...Getr, Gab, Parler, Truth Social, Frank etc. were all created to be "free speech" platforms.

Yet nobody has actually bothered to use them, and they struggle to retain their "conservative influencers" since they apparently require libs to own to create content, so they've all mostly returned to Twitter/Insta since it was never about "freeze peach" for them, it was about being able to create content "owning the libs" to continue making money from their audience.
    Now "they" have twitter too.

Yall might want to start one, I guess?

That's because those free speech boners don't want to admit that the platform they want is a huge liability for any company that would want to advertise on it. No company wants their adds next to a Neo Nazi or conspiracy theorist rants.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    That's because those free speech boners don't want to admit that the platform they want is a huge liability for any company that would want to advertise on it. No company wants their adds next to a Neo Nazi or conspiracy theorist rants.
    Probably why CNN+ died so freaking fast.. they went overkill with those.

Now "they" have twitter too.

Yall might want to start one, I guess?
    In which you completely miss the point but still somehow want to do a victory lap, but alright buddy.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably why CNN+ died so freaking fast.. they went overkill with those.
    It died because, as with the "freeze peach" platforms, there was no audience for it. Plus Discovering coming in to kill it off when it didn't become an instant hit.

You'll find few, if any, tears. Seriously, outside of CNN employees I don't think you'll find a single person who gives a shit.

In which you completely miss the point but still somehow want to do a victory lap, but alright buddy.
    I'm not an invester, I won nothing on this transaction. Shame really, I admit, as the market seems to love it as a positive change.

I'm not an invester, I won nothing on this transaction. Shame really, I admit, as the market seems to love it as a positive change.
    The market also loves Nestle using literal child slave labor, so I'm not sure this is the dunk you actually think it is.

The market also loves Nestle using literal child slave labor, so I'm not sure this is the dunk you actually think it is.
    It’s been a while but they are still fishing for their gotcha moment.