10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tumbleweed010 View Post
    That's a really small wow factor bar for you then. Not a fan of the blue but the bronze looks fantastic.
    Blue dragons mean Arcane dragons, which means we get cool stuff like this;

Yes, and we have 0 real information about how they actually look, outside of one model, some face shots, and 4 ability animations. Legion had DHs and showed us some of their customization (horns, tattoos, blindfolds), the same amount of face shots as Dragonflight, some basic gear, the different meta forms, and some ability details. And Legion was announced with the DH starting zone available to testing so what the animations and some early talent trees were available, too.

There's nothing "wow" about Dracthyr and Evoker because there's no real information about them. If this is "wow" to you then your bar is incredibly low.

DKs were announced in a time where there wasn't a Blizzcon and information wasn't being datamined weekly, and even then DKs were much more well received than Evokers.

Again, if a "wow" factor is seeing some extra features shown on head shots, a few new spells, and 0 actual information about the new race's customization in the actual form it'll be in a majority of the time is like, then your bar for "wow" is very low.
    If it helps you, from what we've currently seen, Dracthyr-form customization currently seems to include:

-Skin color, obviously
    -Some sort of secondary patterning, e.g. tiger stripes vs large scales

-Horn shape (Including: Ram, long thin ibek-y ones, normal dragony curved hook (in both spiked and smooth), Deathwing-style multi-horns, short deer horns)
    -Horn color (appears independent of skin color as there are two different blue-skinned promotional shots--Includes: black, brass, grey-blue, rust, bone-colored, silver)
    -Horn decoration (includes rings, additional small spikes/crystals growing off the horns, armor plates on the base, etc.)

-Face shape with significant structure variations (Including: wider lizard/alligator look, sharp beak-like snapping turtle, rounded dinosaur-y, a more vulpine wolf sort of angled one)
    -"Ear" fins (appears to be independent of horn, as the ram horns on the headshot and running gif have different ones, includes: none, long night-elfy, fish fins, bat-wing, possibly spikes instead)
    -A separate facial spike "facial features"(?) option (appears to be independent of ear fins, includes: spikes along the jaw, clusters of crystal like spikes, spikes around the eyes, scale-like spines around the eyes)

-There's some sort of neck spike/fin option, unsure if this is linked to the previous facial feature, but doesn't appear to be.

-Shoulder/collarbone scales (includes large triangular spikes, clusters of more feathery little spikes)
    -Arm scale type (smooth scale textures like the current Zandalar disonaurs or Zandalari druid forms, 3D spikes on the forearms)
    -Leg scale type (doesn't appear to be linked to the arm? Smooth dinosaur or spiked scale plates)

-Tail type (possibly divided into two options, tip and fins--this fins option might be linked to the above spike/fin options, tips include spiked mace tails, smooth tails, finned aquatic tails, at least two different shaped demon style "arrow" tails)

Obviously as a disclaimer, some of these might be linked and a single option. But I went through and looked at most of them and they seem to mostly be independent, or at least, have so many variations baked in that you're able to pick your combination as if they were independent.

I didn't include pictures for this because it'd be a ton of pictures, but if you're curious about any (or the source for them being a separate option) I can reply with images.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2022-05-10 at 01:16 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    DKs were announced in a time where there wasn't a Blizzcon and information wasn't being datamined weekly, and even then DKs were much more well received than Evokers.
    https://www.engadget.com/2007-08-03-...ght-class.html

DeathKnights were revealed during Blizzcon in 2007.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Do you all think Net-o-Matic 5000 will work on Dragonriding and Dracthyr? Something tells me the first few weeks of Dragonflight in War Mode will be a mix of hilarious and frustrating.

WoW adding an updated Goldshire model and Scalies at the same time cannot be a coincidence.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    WoW adding an updated Goldshire model and Scalies at the same time cannot be a coincidence.
    Implementing a brand, new Lizard Lounge™.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    You're obviously a waste of time to try and talk to, you always resort to profanities and belittling everything that does not suit your desires, I will welcome you to ignore now as you are not a very constructive member of this forum and the mods should probably give you a vacation as you clearly need it.

Good Bye!
    Good bye doctor!
    Quote Originally Posted by Merryck View Post
    Brother you have an anime avatar of a twinky wankstain. The only one wimpy here is you. PLEASE have some self awareness before you come here with the most unique takes of all time.
    Lol Dagoth. It rhymes nicely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    People really need to consider that this;

Is going to be taller than a tauren, and have gigantic wings when it takes flight, which it can do even in combat.

It's going to look very impressive in-game. I really feel that the detractors simply aren't looking at things fully.
    No matter how tall a noodle is it's still a noodle. Weak body. Unimpressive stature. Bad model.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    Good bye doctor!

Lol Dagoth. It rhymes nicely.

No matter how tall a noodle is it's still a noodle. Weak body. Unimpressive stature. Bad model.
    You really should stop your toxic masculinity here. Yeah we get it, you hate the Dracthyr. Move on. Some people also hate Kul Tirans, or Vulpera for whatever reason, or Mechagnomes. Some people even hate on DH's or DK's. No need to yell it every 5 seconds. Btw, you can fullfill your big beefy fantasy with other races
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2022-05-10 at 07:49 AM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    You really should stop your toxic masculinity here. Yeah we get it, you hate the Dracthyr. Move on. Some people also hate Kul Tirans, or Vulpera for whatever reason, or Mechagnomes. Some people even hate on DH's or DK's. No need to yell it every 5 seconds. Btw, you can fullfill your big beefy fantasy with other races
    I mean you can fullfill your fantasy for beefy males with Dracthyr. Visage form exists and its BMI is in the single digits.

I'm happy for the slender dragon form. Would feel wrong to play female character only for it to turn into some buff bara-daddy in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    You're obviously a waste of time to try and talk to, you always resort to profanities and belittling everything that does not suit your desires, I will welcome you to ignore now as you are not a very constructive member of this forum and the mods should probably give you a vacation as you clearly need it.

Good Bye!
    Quote Originally Posted by Merryck View Post
    Brother you have an anime avatar of a twinky wankstain. The only one wimpy here is you. PLEASE have some self awareness before you come here with the most unique takes of all time.
    Dracthyr could use some of that masculinity poisoning. It would do them good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    I'm happy for the slender dragon form. Would feel wrong to play female character only for it to turn into some buff bara-daddy in combat.
    There can be two bodies, one for females and one for males.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean you can fullfill your fantasy for beefy males with Dracthyr. Visage form exists and its BMI is in the single digits.
    True! Also, I dare everyone to call a person with the stature of the Dracthyr a "wimp" in real life.

- - - Updated - - -

Dracthyr could use some of that masculinity poisoning. It would do them good.

There can be two bodies, one for females and one for males.
    I guess I shouldn't feed the troll, but Dracthyr don't need different bodies for males and females. Leave your gender norms at home please, we live in 2022.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

True! Also, I dare everyone to call a person with the stature of the Dracthyr a "wimp" in real life.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess I shouldn't feed the troll, but Dracthyr don't need different bodies for males and females. Leave your gender norms at home please, we live in 2022.
    They do need them if only cause most draconic races in WoW have them. It would solve all the problems with this race-class.

Calls someone a troll and proceeds with super trollish answer, 2022 in-fucking-deed.

7+ Year Old Account
    They do need them if only cause most draconic races in WoW have them. It would solve all the problems with this race-class.

Calls someone a troll and proceeds with super trollish answer, 2022 in-fucking-deed.
    Well I hope I don't have to tell you why gender stereotyping is bad. It's great that Blizzard is progressive for once with the Dracthyr. And as Nymrohd already said, the male visage form is "manly enough".

#TEAMGIRAFFE

I honestly have issue with the Visage form if that was the intent tbh. If Dracthyr was meant to be non-gendered, thus the gender non-conforming reptilian humanoid form, why do they have Visage forms that have so pronounced gender features? If their intent was to be body positive they fail miserably. What is the messaging here? "I have a healthy but not strongly gendered body so I use my magic to turn into an underwear model when out of combat"

Well I hope I don't have to tell you why gender stereotyping is bad. It's great that Blizzard is progressive for once with the Dracthyr. And as Nymrohd already said, the male visage form is "manly enough".
    I hope you won't because it isn't bad. All I see lately is Blizzard regressing hard. I hope they will listen and give us manly man dragon bodies.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I honestly have issue with the Visage form if that was the intent tbh. If Dracthyr was meant to be non-gendered, thus the gender non-conforming reptilian humanoid form, why do they have Visage forms that have so pronounced gender features? If their intent was to be body positive they fail miserably. What is the messaging here? "I have a healthy but not strongly gendered body so I use my magic to turn into an underwear model when out of combat"
    Well, I guess we will have to wait and see how they handle them in the intro? From interviews, it seems like they can change the gender of their visage form at will, hence the racial that barbershop isn't costing any money. Also keep in mind, Chromie was born as a male dragon but also choose a female visage form, so maybe they modelled them after that? I also remember that we had pronouns datamined some while back that never got used ingame - maybe dracthyr will be able to set theirs independendly of their visage form?

https://www.wowhead.com/news/unitsex...orld-of-325141

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I'm wondering if we are getting beards for the dracthyr? Since dragons also have them it would be quite cool and give people a more male coded customization without changing their whole silhouette.
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2022-05-10 at 10:06 AM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragonflight is the best time to add DH's wings customizations... The lack of customization is horrible. (and horns too, I want a broken horn)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Dragonflight is the best time to add DH's wings customizations... The lack of customization is horrible. (and horns too, I want a broken horn)
    Yeah tbh, it feels a bit weird that Dracthyr will be able to fully use their wings while DH's are stuck with their weird double jump paperwings. A propper backpack customization that also doubles up as glider/mount similiar to Evocers would be quite awesome.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Well it is, because then that would cause Blizzard to create a second playable "dragon" race for no real reason, when their goal for the Dracthyr was to be THE dragon race/class of WoW.
    Highmountain were a second playable "tauren" race for no real reason.
    Dark Iron were a second playable "dwarf" race for no real reason.
    Mag'har were a second playable "orc" race for no real reason.
    Lightforged were a second playable "draenei" race for no real reason.
    Zandalari were a second playable "troll" race for no real reason.
    Mechagnomes were a second playable "gnome" race for no real reason.
    Blood Elves were a second playable "elf" race for no real reason.
    Void Elves were a third playable "elf" race for no real reason.
    Nightbourne were a fourth playable "elf" race for no real reason.
    Kul Tirans were a fourth playable "human" race for no real reason.

Hmm...

It's almost as if there might be a real reason behind this pattern of decisions? Almost like there can be multiple and diverse expressions of common fantasy tropes like "elves," "orcs," and "dragons." The Drac'thyr is simply an expression of the draconic fantasy that emphasizes the fire-breathing spellcaster, whereas Drakonid would be an expression of the physicality and presence of that same draconic fantasy. Certainly a lot more distinction here than between, say, Draenei and Lightforged, which are religious zealots and even more zealous religious zealots respectively. As Blizzard has shown us time and time again, there is room for more than one expression of a particular fantasy.