10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Your wealth is the value of your possessions. Inequality exists when a person has more or less than another person.
    You're phrasing it as if this were about individual persons, meaning you really don't understand the terms being discussed at all, in the first place.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're phrasing it as if this were about individual persons,
    No I didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    meaning you really don't understand the terms being discussed at all, in the first place.
    My understanding of the term is good enough. What do you believe the term means?
    Last edited by PC2; 2022-07-08 at 10:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No I didn't.
    Your wealth is the value of your possessions. Inequality exists when a person has more or less than another person.
    The two bits in bold are clearly individually-directed. Wealth inequality is assessed at societal levels, regarding distribution of wealth throughout society.

https://equalitytrust.org.uk/how-eco...uality-defined
    I repeat; you do not understand basic terms.

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Twitter employees finally getting laid off!!

A decade of not producing results and they can't even sell stocks

No one should feel bad about software engineers or related ppl btw. These people get paid 1% level salaries. They'll be fine I just love it that they can't sell the stock after they've spend a decade surviving on that alone and selling vapor to normal people
    I am not sure you understand that if they owned twitter stock that long as to have a lock up date there's no way they are losing money. They will be making billions when they finally liquidate their shares which is why they are being throttled.

I mean if royalty was coercing a lot of wealth out of the poor then that's the root cause of the revolution, not inequality itself.
    The solution, as it always is for you and your ilk, is for the poor to pull themselves up by their bootstraps.

Which is exactly the kind of thing that led to previous revolutions.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...ocrats-108014/

But the problem isn’t that we have inequality. Some inequality is intrinsic to any high-functioning capitalist economy. The problem is that inequality is at historically high levels and getting worse every day. Our country is rapidly becoming less a capitalist society and more a feudal society. Unless our policies change dramatically, the middle class will disappear, and we will be back to late 18th-century France. Before the revolution.

And so I have a message for my fellow filthy rich, for all of us who live in our gated bubble worlds: Wake up, people. It won’t last.

If we don’t do something to fix the glaring inequities in this economy, the pitchforks are going to come for us. No society can sustain this kind of rising inequality. In fact, there is no example in human history where wealth accumulated like this and the pitchforks didn’t eventually come out. You show me a highly unequal society, and I will show you a police state. Or an uprising. There are no counterexamples. None. It’s not if, it’s when.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2022-07-08 at 09:14 PM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I am not sure you understand that if they owned twitter stock that long as to have a lock up date there's no way they are losing money. They will be making billions when they finally liquidate their shares which is why they are being throttled.
    Prob but I hope they leave with pennies on their theoretical value. Tech people that work in those industries are parasites and hope we buy their assets to cash out. If Elon Musk can do good in the world is humble them
    Last edited by NED funded; 2022-07-08 at 09:34 PM.

BREAKING: Elon Musk says he is terminating his $44 billion Twitter deal

To get this thread back on track. Musk has finally pulled out of something.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Prob but I hope they leave with pennies on what their theoretical value. Tech people that work in those industries are parasites and hope we buy their assets to cash out. If Elon Musk can do good in the world is humble them
    You do realize Elon Musk is the exact kind of parasite you hate so much?
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post

Fuckin everyone and their mother called this bullshit, lol. Homeboy wanted to play a game of chicken with Twitter while trolling the FEC for the lulz, never expecting Twitter to call his fuckin bluff.

And he only shaved $400 off the share price of TSLA in the process. Truly, Elon is the Galaxy Brain meme in reality.

I just saw this, ironically, on Twitter. I wonder whether this is truly the end of the deal or just a further bargaining chip either way this not last we've heard of the Twitter/Musk saga.

Guess this means Elon isn't saving Freeze Peach on the internet after all, eh?

Man, conservative influences who loved having him simp for them in their replies are gonna be in shambles. I almost want to see who they're gonna blame for this.

7+ Year Old Account

Ah well it was fun while it lasted. It'll be interesting to see how long he holds on to his current shares and whether he tries to buy more without buying the whole company.

It seems like Musk is always "winging it", he never actually has a concrete plan for the future. Which is kind of a good trait because it makes him flexible, but also he kind of comes off as flaky at times.

Ah well it was fun while it lasted.
    What was fun about it?

It seems like Musk is always "winging it", he never actually has a concrete plan for the future. Which is kind of a good trait because it makes him flexible, but also he kind of comes off as flaky at times.
    "Winging it" is never good. Plans are good. Flexible plans are great. "Just making shit up as I go along" is not in any way a positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Man, conservative influences who loved having him simp for them in their replies are gonna be in shambles. I almost want to see who they're gonna blame for this.
    "Leftist twitter employees" as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    "Leftist twitter employees" as usual.
    Truly, "leftists" are the Newman of the conservative world.

7+ Year Old Account
    What was fun about it?
    The memes I guess. It would've been a badass power move if he bought Twitter and then cleared out the wokesters on the moderation team. But apparently it wasn't ment to be, oh well.
    "Winging it" is never good. Plans are good. Flexible plans are great. "Just making shit up as I go along" is not in any way a positive.
    One cannot create a reliable plan for an unpredictable future. Doing too much planning stifles innovation...

The memes I guess. It would've been a badass power move if he bought Twitter and then cleared out the wokesters on the moderation team. But apparently it wasn't ment to be, oh well.
    What memes were even funny? Did I miss the memes in general?

How is simply spending some of your absurd wealth a "power move"?

What's the problem with the "wokesters on the moderation team"?

Why doesn't everyone just move to another social media platform if they hate the way content is moderated on Twitter?

One cannot create a reliable plan for an unpredictable future. Doing too much planning stifles innovation...
    Man, you're such a mess of contradictions it hurts.

You can and absolutely do plan for the future, that's literally what every government and large company does all the time. Hell, that's what normal people do every day when saving money or investing or budgeting for the year to come. Planning for the future, however, doesn't mean you have to stick to any plan dogmatically, or that plans need to be extremely precise and without flexibility. I don't think you understand what planning for the future actually means and you're taking it way too literally, but that seems to be a common problem for you.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

It's not going to work. Twitter is going to force the sale, which they can do. Offer/acceptance. Basic contract law.

This forum occasionally has its gems.

- - - Updated - - -

How is simply spending some of your absurd wealth a "power move"?
    And to be clear, at least part of of that spending will be because he had too much trepidation to go through with the buy. The limpest of limp dick energy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    It's not going to work. Twitter is going to force the sale, which they can do. Offer/acceptance. Basic contract law.
    Do you have a source for this? I'm not saying they can't hold Musk to the deal...just wondering if they actually plan to do so?