10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Perhaps Blizzard writers are finally changing the black dragonflight lore and aesthetics to avoid racist connotations.
    Can you like freaking stop.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Oh, they can't. Haters are fuming that the vast majority here is excited about DF.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I mean, the only evil dragonflight that have a dark-skinned mortal form and black as their primary color. Am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    New Dungeon called "The Academy".

Anyone want to guess what's up with the purple banner? For some reason I don't think it's the Black.
    I'm sure it's linked to the Body 1/2 changes and datamined pronouns.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, the only evil dragonflight that have a dark-skinned mortal form and black as their primary color. Am I wrong?
    You are looking way too much into things to bash Blizzard for. Christ
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Black flight has been represented by Purple since classic

https://www.wowhead.com/item=19003/head-of-nefarian

These zoomers weren't old enough to remember
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    But if they read the terrain like I do instead of going off of personal desires then they'd understand and wouldn't get their jimmies rustled. Again, I have no intention of maining a tinker, I just know with 100% certainty that they're wow's next playable class. It's so God damn obvious all things considered.

If that triggers people then oh well.

Blue Flight in Wrath. Red dragons in WC2.
    We've been murdering dragons of all shades for decades.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Katrana Prestor wasn't dark-skinned. Another black dragon, Grand Magus Doane, wasn't dark-skinned.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The Dragon Isles wasn't part of that continent per the Cinematic.
    That's a bit unclear: The dialog suggests, but is not definitive, that the beginning of the cinematic is immediately after the Sundering.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    That's a bit unclear: The dialog suggests, but is not definitive, that the beginning of the cinematic is immediately after the Sundering.
    Its been stated in interviews to be a separate landmass, and the cinematic didn't imply it was after the Sundering. It implied Legion invasion via sky color, not planet tearing cataclysm (note the lack of water chaos).

Knight of the Astral Star Local Ardenweald Faerie's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps Blizzard writers are finally changing the black dragonflight lore and aesthetics to avoid racist connotations.
    I want to engage you in good faith, as another superleftist who cares about diversity and inclusion, so I say this:

Please stop.

Any theories about why the plains have a massive seemingly empty bay?

15+ Year Old Account
    It is not unclear. They are after all already called Isles. The forbidden Reach would have existed pre-sundering and is an Island as well.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-07-14 at 07:04 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

just saw some gameplay. dracthyr using their dragonriding ... I'm sold, new main for sure-

7+ Year Old Account
    The only dragon with a dark skinned mortal form is Wrathion, who is a not a villain.
    Everyone else is very white, except for Ebonhorn who isn't even taking on a human form.

Nvm that they are no more evil than the greens who got corrupted by/joined the nightmare, the blues that fought alongside Malygos, the bronzes that went insane and turned infinite.

As other's already asked, please stop.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderment2 View Post
    Any theories about why the plains have a massive seemingly empty bay?
    Well they did say the Isles would be as big as Northrend.

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Its been stated in interviews to be a separate landmass, and the cinematic didn't imply it was after the Sundering. It implied Legion invasion via sky color, not planet tearing cataclysm (note the lack of water chaos).
    That's a good point but if Alexstrasza's line about the planet crying out in pain is supposed to be before the Sundering actually happens boy she's in for a big surprise

Well they did say the Isles would be as big as Northrend.
    We had that in Krasarang back in MoP - turned out to be future Alliance/Horde bases in 5.1.
    Could be Blizz just planing ahead.

I know it was a safe bet from pictures before but-

FUCK YEAH OTTER MOUNTS BABY

That's a good point but if Alexstrasza's line about the planet crying out in pain is supposed to be before the Sundering actually happens boy she's in for a big surprise
    Yeah, it was certainly an interesting choice of words on her/the writer's part.
    That said, IIRC the Dragon Aspects were involved in the War of the Ancients leading up to the Sundering, so it'd be odd for them to suddenly be back at the Isles at the very end.