Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    Chuckles. Ok.... you obviously don't mean on these forums. You are as guaranteed to show up to call people names as Teriz is if someone says "tinkers?"
    WATCH YOUR MOUTH DAMMIT!

/looks around in panic
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    So what you are saying is that the cat calling, the being afraid and angry is not because of men then?? Is that hte hill you are dying on atm?
    Cat calling is because of men yes.
    But you are arguing she literally said women's anger is because of men.

She does not say that.

She said that she has anger issues and some of those anger issues relate to men.
    You are making it more than what the show says.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2022-08-26 at 03:00 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

honestly, I'm not even angry anymore, just morbidly amused at the lack of self awareness from some of the posters here.

but back to the topic, I'm a little confused about timelines here. so by the end of Shang Chi Hulk is still wearing an arm brace right? but the pit fighting abomination participates in - happens in the middle of Shang-Chi, so if abomination escapes to fight after Bruce's arm was healed and he went off to space in Sakkar ship, how does Bruce shows up in the end with arm still hurt? or did it take well after Shang-Chi for those pit fights to be discovered and somehow they were missing Emil escaping and returning repeatedly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    honestly, I'm not even angry anymore, just morbidly amused at the lack of self awareness from some of the posters here.

but back to the topic, I'm a little confused about timelines here. so by the end of Shang Chi Hulk is still wearing an arm brace right? but the pit fighting abomination participates in - happens in the middle of Shang-Chi, so if abomination escapes to fight after Bruce's arm was healed and he went off to space in Sakkar ship, how does Bruce shows up in the end with arm still hurt? or did it take well after Shang-Chi for those pit fights to be discovered and somehow they were missing Emil escaping and returning repeatedly?

It was a video release. Videos of him fighting were released.

But it is also implied that he fights Wong frequently in Shang Chi, so the underground fight arena could have been remade.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Yes your not saying female problems should be ignored your just upset they were actually brought up while in all likely hood you didn’t have any issue with cap feeling not up to male standers in his movie, thor being over confident in his and needing to be taught humility, or pretty much every thing around tony.
    Exploring Tonys PTSD and anxiety was probably the only thing I really loved about IM3. I think more MCU stories should explore mental illness in men. Hulk would have been (could possibly still be) a good vehicle for it. All we ever get for him is rage and fear, but never until this She-Hulk run was any of the actual reasons for why it happens that way ever explored in the MCU and I think that's a shame.

To your later point about when men face their issues its normal. I would say that's mostly true, but not always, depends on the issue. Its getting better, but in my own personal experience, when it comes to mental health, men are expected to "be a man" far more often than seek treatment.
    Last edited by AcidicSyn; 2022-08-26 at 03:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Exploring Tonys PTSD and anxiety was probably the only thing I really loved about IM3. I think more MCU stories should explore mental illness in men. Hulk would have been (could possibly still be) a good vehicle for it. All we ever get for him is rage and fear, but never until this She-Hulk run was any of the actual reasons for why it happens that way ever explored in the MCU and I think that's a shame.
    There's been some talk about it. He did attempt suicide and failed because of the Hulk. There was his discussions with Black Widow.

I read recently that a Hulk movie might be on the horizon because Universal's rights expire next year.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post

To your later point about when men face their issues its normal. I would say that's mostly true, but not always, depends on the issue. Its getting better, but in my own personal experience, when it comes to mental health, men are expected to "be a man" far more often than seek treatment.
    I really loved the way the way they dealt with moon knights DiD and would fit them to do something similar with the hulk though I think the whole universal thing makes that less likely to happens and he’ll just keep being a side character unfortunately.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    It was a video release. Videos of him fighting were released.

But it is also implied that he fights Wong frequently in Shang Chi, so the underground fight arena could have been remade.
    for the first - that still doesn't explain the timeline, it kinda maybe makes it even worse? because even the fights happen even earlier, and yet at the end of Shang-Chi Bruce's arm is still in a sling...

but the second possibly might? I don't know, its weird I guess they could have restarted the fights, but even then, if he fights with Wong frequently how did it ONLY just get out??

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    There's been some talk about it. He did attempt suicide and failed because of the Hulk. There was his discussions with Black Widow.

I read recently that a Hulk movie might be on the horizon because Universal's rights expire next year.
    I'm about 99% sure that they are setting something up, given where we last see Hulk in ep 2.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Man it will be great when they have there paws off him and marvel can really expand in there use of him.

it’s a shame planet hulk was wasted for thor it hopefully we can get some of the other good story’s like future imperfect, red hulk, or that one where banner and hulk become two separate body’s and the hulk goes to live with the mole people.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Lol I’m not twisting any of your words all of this is in your own post as well as you flat out lying about the scene and adding “because of men” because you feel attacked by a woman making a joke that has nothing to do with men.
    " your upset and defensive that a woman would even make a joke"

You are obviously not even remotely interested in discussing anything here but are just going for petty squabbles. I've been arguing the same thing since my first post in this thread but i'm quite tired of repeating myself to you - because you keep saying the same thing over and over.

Nah mate you are definitely doign some word twisting here.

Its quite funny seing how liberal the mods are with some posters in this thread getting to express their opinions about people with no repercussions. I wonder if it might have something to do with their political views huh :/

- - - Updated - - -

Cat calling is because of men yes.
    But you are arguing she literally said women's anger is because of men.

She does not say that.

She said that she has anger issues and some of those anger issues relate to men.
    You are making it more than what the show says.
    I'm not arguing she literally said womens anger is because of men but unless you are completely lost at deductions thats exactly what she is saying. THere is no reason to argue further with you if you are going to act like thats not exactly what she is saying.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    for the first - that still doesn't explain the timeline, it kinda maybe makes it even worse? because even the fights happen even earlier, and yet at the end of Shang-Chi Bruce's arm is still in a sling...

but the second possibly might? I don't know, its weird I guess they could have restarted the fights, but even then, if he fights with Wong frequently how did it ONLY just get out??
    I mean we don't know timelines. could be that Shang-Chi post credit scene happens the day before She-Hulk starts. a week or two later, the fight scene is leaked. one thing I will note is that the timing seems suspicious; quite literally days before his parole hearing and that video gets leaked?

7+ Year Old Account
    " your upset and defensive that a woman would even make a joke"

You are obviously not even remotely interested in discussing anything here but are just going for petty squabbles. I've been arguing the same thing since my first post in this thread but i'm quite tired of repeating myself to you - because you keep saying the same thing over and over.

Nah mate you are definitely doign some word twisting here.

Its quite funny seing how liberal the mods are with some posters in this thread getting to express their opinions about people with no repercussions. I wonder if it might have something to do with their political views huh :/
    Yes you have been arguing the same thing from your first post and from then it’s been clear that you have been upset and defensive which is why you feel the need to add words to the show that were never actually in it like you have done for both cat calling talk and the fear and anger joke.

You feel like woman can only talk about there own issues at the expense of men to the point where you are willing to flip flop from one post to another from “it’s not a joke” to “it’s a joke about men” and you aren’t even willing to own your post so when they are posted directly to show your flip flop you whine about twisting words.

I'm not arguing she literally said womens anger is because of men but unless you are completely lost at deductions thats exactly what she is saying.
    Read this sentence again. Take as much time as you need.

10+ Year Old Account

My immediate suspicion, which may or may not hold true and is definitely at least partially due to the timeline of release, is that Blonsky is being let out, by the prison he's in. Most likely for money. "Here, we'll give you $3 million if you'll loan the Abomination out for a fight, we'll send him right back after."

If the prison bosses are corrupt, they'd be open. The group we see him fighting for is criminal but reputable/honorable; Wong voluntarily fights there himself, obviously. They can clearly keep things under control if they're holding fights like that on the regular, so escape is a minimal concern. And Blonsky's probably all for it; it gets him out of his cell and he gets to enjoy brawling for a bit. He may even get a kickback to keep him compliant. He sure doesn't seem too fussed about his cell, and you've got to wonder why he's only making the effort to pursue his release now; if the arena's been shut down after Shang Chi, he may just be stuck in there and having had that taste of freedom he's wanting out for real.

I think its like all of Shang-Chi happens, Jen becomes she Hulk, video leaks of the fight. If he's still in prison that makes sense, if he's full on escaped and not back in his cell then I have no clue about the timelines.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not arguing she literally said womens anger is because of men but unless you are completely lost at deductions thats exactly what she is saying. THere is no reason to argue further with you if you are going to act like thats not exactly what she is saying.
    I am not going to act like she is saying something that she isn't saying.
    How YOU view what she is saying is NOT what she IS saying.

I have no problem if you claimed "this is how I took it." but you are arrogantly demanding everyone else has to take it that way. That scene is Jen saying things that make her angry specifically, not their cause. You are taking Jen speaking in the first person and applying it to all women. The show isn't doing that, just you.

So, I do not share you delusional view of the scene. I take the scene at face value, you don't.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Has a lot more to do with the misogyny and trolling in many of those posts. Nobody gets an infraction here for legitimate political views. Not all "political views" are legitimate, however. To make a point that's independent of this thread; if you start posting Nazi shit, you'll get your ass banned, even though Nazism is "a political view".

Maybe people should take a little personal responsibility. If an infraction's illegitimate and you get banned, you get to appeal it. I've had infractions overturned, I've had others upheld. Mods aren't perfect, but most of the time, the infractions are fine and users need to do some self-reflection about how abusive their posts actually are.

No, your invention of context here is completely unreasonable, if not intentionally dishonest. You are, to repeat, making shit up.

Because of some men, sure. But, well, welcome to reality. If you're upset at a woman expressing the simple truth of living as a woman, the person with a problem is you.

10+ Year Old Account

Nothing in the scene tell you exactly when that fight occurred. Only that they show that Blonsky had gotten out at some point, not that he is currently out and fighting.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing in the scene tell you exactly when that fight occurred. Only that they show that Blonsky had gotten out at some point, not that he is currently out and fighting.
    It strains credulity more that Blonsky would risk his plea for release by escaping, when he's both gotten Walters to take the case and she's got an argument she thinks will actually work in court, already. It almost has to be from an earlier point, and whether he escaped and was re-caught and they kept all that quiet for some reason or he was loaned out by the prison directly, that remains to be seen.

Both of those seem way more likely to me than that he chose to break out literally right after meeting with Jen and getting her on-board.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It strains credulity more that Blonsky would risk his plea for release by escaping, when he's both gotten Walters to take the case and she's got an argument she thinks will actually work in court, already. It almost has to be from an earlier point, and whether he escaped and was re-caught and they kept all that quiet for some reason or he was loaned out by the prison directly, that remains to be seen.

Both of those seem way more likely to me than that he chose to break out literally right after meeting with Jen and getting her on-board.
    I'm pretty sure the footage of Blonsky/Abomination fighting in the ring with Wong is from some time ago, before his release proceedings. It seems likely to me that a third party, with knowledge of the events in Shang-Chi, sent the footage of Blonsky's fight to the media to gum up his plea for release and/or to make Jen's job that much more difficult.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead