Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I use flying just to go from point A to point B.
    Does not matter if its new or old one.
    Personally i think this new system is not needed and absolutely waste of resources presented as game feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    It is called improvement and evolution of stuff, that is why old race models are no longer a thing even though people begged for it.
    Apples and oranges.

Your comparison fails because the old race models do not change how your character plays. It's literally just a cosmetic update. The original flying and dragonriding, on the other hand, is the exact opposite: it's not a cosmetic change, it's a mechanic change. Which changes how you fly around.

And I pointed out one thing that the original flight mechanic has over the new one: the ability to hover in place in mid-air without drifting to the ground. I'm sure there are other that can point out other negatives about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragonriding = Immersive, modern
    2004 flying = game breaking and dull

If i was Blizzard, i would know where to invest my time in.
    Luckily, you're not
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

7+ Year Old Account
    I love how something that worked for years is now 'broken and clipping through the world'
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

I'm thinking they'll implement it in the older zones as the next step after epic flying for 5,000 gp. So people can use the original or buy the dragonriding and use that instead.

The biggest hurdle is probably going to be animating the various mounts to barrel roll.

Going back to the older world just feels dull now you can't dragonride in there. Just flying "clipping" in the sky is totally boring now and feels so outdated.
    Can we even wait till 11.0 to get Dragonriding expanded all over WoW? feels like they gotta put the engine on full ahead and get Dragonriding out for all of Azeroth for upcoming major patch.

Would you like to see dragonriding replace the older flying forgood?
    I don’t care much for dragon riding, But you can increase mount speed to like 1000% to compensate.

I want to be able to ride invincible and other such mounts without being crippled in speed

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Would you like to see dragonriding replace the older flying forgood?
    No. I don't always want to play WoW's mini-games to accomplish something.

Adding dragon riding to non-Dragonflight zones? Sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Dragonriding sucks for getting around on alts who haven't collected a decent amount of glyphs.
    Hope you didnt get ganged up on for not knowing, but just in case you did know, you can click the dragonflight icon on your minimap and apply all the glyphs that you earned on one character, to your alt. No need to unlock again.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    I love how something that worked for years is now 'broken and clipping through the world'
    Because seeing something in a different light has never been a thing? I remember switching from my 1993 car to a 2011 car and i never and NEVER will get an old car again.

Because you used to be able to work with it, does not mean it's good or practical. 2004 flying is basically no clipping and bad. Now we seen how flying can be done it should and need to be changed.

Those who disagree are stuck in their 2004 oldskool mindset really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    No. I don't always want to play WoW's mini-games to accomplish something.

Adding dragon riding to non-Dragonflight zones? Sure.
    Mini games? It's basically still work in progress, you can already fly perm as dragonriding, it surely is more immersive then the old way. I see no real struggles here.
    You do understand they can improve Dragonriding still while removing the old flying all togheter? Example adding 10 vigor for those who can't fly. Remove the "effects" for those who get dizzy etc.

I'm gonna assume most just are afraid of changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

The only thing that feels worse about the old flying system is the speed.

I would pick the old flying system over the new system every single time if it moved at the same speed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    The only thing that feels worse about the old flying system is the speed.

I would pick the old flying system over the new system every single time if it moved at the same speed.
    Yeah you are lazy, i get it. You want 1400% speed and being able to afk mid air. Other words you want it the easy way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

7+ Year Old Account
    Because seeing something in a different light has never been a thing? I remember switching from my 1993 car to a 2011 car and i never and NEVER will get an old car again.

Because you used to be able to work with it, does not mean it's good or practical. 2004 flying is basically no clipping and bad. Now we seen how flying can be done it should and need to be changed.

Those who disagree are stuck in their 2004 oldskool mindset really.
    Or, and hear me out, people are comfortable

A new shiny cars is great, sure. But other people can still enjoy older things, no need to have them removed or being called 'broken' when it works fine
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Flying vs teleportation...I mean if you're that rushed...

That's called a flightpath. That you are lazy shouldn't be a negative thing for a feature.
    flight paths doesn't take me where i need to go. Flight paths doesn't go from herb to herb or mining node to node. Nothing to do about being lazy. I maximize my freetime, so i do other shit on the other screen while i get from A to B. I have done for all years and in every single expansion, dragonflight is stopping that. I can't multitask, im forced to do a shit feature that grew old in less then a week

Nah. I have no problem with dragon riding but I still prefer the older style. It feels more consistent with the rest of the movement in the game.

Yeah you are lazy, i get it. You want 1400% speed and being able to afk mid air. Other words you want it the easy way.
    More evidence of what I wrote in my original post in this thread. You don't care about other people's opinions when they don't agree 100% with you, and talk down to those who disagree with you.

Do you ride a bike every day you need to get out of the house, or do you drive a car, or use the public transport system? Or do you walk?

Yeah your egotistical, you attack anyone who doesn't share your opinion. I get it.

Many of us just don't think the dragon flying system is better, why is that so hard to accept?

Not really, even with maxed out Dragonriding I hate the Vigor part when you've running out of it and have to camp on the ground. It's a nice gimmick, but give me back usual flying in the next expansion. Additionally, all of the dragons are outright ugly.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    Replace, no, both active, yes.
    Indeed.

Stop asking Blizzard to take away options.

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Why cant we dragonride in older zones? Soar works... I don't see the harm.
    2 reasons, 1) there will be very inconsistent performance per zone, as some zones have lower "ceilings" than others. This is the only REAL issue I see and 2) People don't like for other people to have fun if they do not also enjoy said thing

- - - Updated - - -

That sounds very disappointing? Why have both options when 1 is far superior then the others. Reminds me of the time when they allowed us to use old and new race models. took them 1 expansion before the old race was totally removed from the game.

Expect the same with oldskool flying, it's dull, bad and will be replaced.
    Some people don't enjoy Dragonriding and I've heard that people who get motion sickness have a hard time with it. There's no reason, in my mind, whey they should not go forward with BOTH options.