Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    The plaguefall route that people use to skip trash is very narrow and unforgiving if you step out of line a little bit you easily aggro a bunch of mobs. It's a common mistake people make so the best thing you can do is shrug it off and move on and get used to the pug mentality.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    Exactly right, I read mechanical books in the real world to make me more valuable in the real world but when I'm playing a video game I'm just trying to escape and have some fun, blow off steam and maybe make some good conversation. WoW seems to have become the opposite of escape, not fun and socially dead, the game is running on nostalgia fumes.
    Completely understandable but that is the nature of the game. Min Max mentality with no punishment for abuse leads to such an environment. The best thing you can do is to find like minded individuals to play the game with or play Russian roulette with the group finder.

If only we had GMs.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yep that's basically my experience starting Shadowlands a few weeks after the launch. Routes, shortcuts, all stuff not at all knowable from in-game materials all spread through the masses with no room for anyone who popped in a bit late. Basically gave up running dungeons after that. No time for that mess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

I don't think i have seen someone get kicked in.... forever in random queue normal dungeons.

And the hello. I sometimes type it. But very often my chat window is on guild only. Random queue leveling dungeons have no... social value for me. I join i run through it. Everything dies in seconds. I leave and queue again.

I nevet initiate a kick though. EXPECT if someone is rude as hell or just does nothing.

Routes are not that difficult btw. It is mostly: Don't walk into the group on the right... that is it.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    People are always going to be like this, but some of their actions are justified - allow me to explain.

During your 7 minute timer, did you bother to open up the dungeon journal and look at boss abilities to prepare yourself? I'm going to go with no.

Now don't get me wrong, what they did was completely moronic, but please don't be the type of person who goes into these dungeons blind because you can and WILL be kicked, especially considering there's a journal for everything to HELP you.
    Dude it’s NORMAL dungeoning during leveling.

I don’t think I ever read the journal while leveling, unless there was a one shot ability I didn’t get.

Quote Originally Posted by kieraTM View Post
    This is literally just a rant post, but damn this has made me regret resubbing.

Quit in BfA, never tried SL but got it free recently and tried it over Xmas with 3 days free. Surprisingly enjoyed it, and decided to sub today! Want to try some SL dungeons (can't on my tank because she's 60 and apparently I can't queue?) so I join on my Hunter, lvl 55. First ever SL dungeon, Plaguefall. Say hello, only 1 responds. I'm used to shortcuts from SWtOR and notice the tank is clearly running on a specific route. I'm keeping up, we kill first 2 bosses and make our way to the 3rd when I died from mobs and slime. I release, as has been drilled into me from Vanilla, and start to run back to the party from 2nd boss. Suddenly I go to loading screen, thinking I might be being teleported forward, but then realise...... I've been vote kicked. Sure enough I am back in Stormwind with a 7 minute lockout timer because I 'left the dungeon early' ......... seriously? I've been kicked without a word because I died. I message the guy who said hello, and to be fair they said that was some real BS and they were very sorry. But damn, I'm already regretting resubbing.
    I get that there are shortcuts and toxic people, but do I really have to start each dungeon with a copy paste message 'just come back to game, please don't group kick if I fall 10 seconds behind!'. Or have I just been really unlucky and met with some toxic idiots? Anyway. I'll persevere because I am genuinely enjoying the content, but that has really put a downer on my evening.

/rant
    Anyone kicking you from an old leveling dungeon either A) wrongly assumed you were AFK, or B) they're just idiots. There are idiots in WoW just like elsewhere in life. Don't give them power over you happiness; they don't deserve that.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Man youre not going to like m+.
    But serious, just dont care that much, if i get kicked i just join another grp >repeat.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by kieraTM View Post
    our way to the 3rd when I died from mobs and slime
    I'm pretty sure it wasn't simply the fact you died, nobody would care about that. You probably activated a hidden tentacle in the slime which starts shooting unlimited range and kills everyone else too if they can't get back to the tentacle in time to kill it. Not very nice of them to kick you, but also not entirely without reason since you cost them a couple minutes. People are idiots, move on with your day.

At any rate, during his CD, he should've read the journal.
    Trash isn't even in the dungeon journal, he died between bosses. So how the fuck would reading it help even identify his mistake?

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Dude it’s NORMAL dungeoning during leveling.

I don’t think I ever read the journal while leveling, unless there was a one shot ability I didn’t get.
    And so that's going to be why you get kicked unless you want to IMPROVE yourself. Blizzard tirelessly creates a journal for the lazy to ignore, and they're treated as such.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    This shit always makes me laugh. You really think people can just read a quick overview of abilities then do everything perfectly without ever messing up their first time through a dungeon? Even the best players in the world make mistakes after hundreds of attempts on bosses. He also didn't even die to a boss, it was trash mobs, likely AoE because the tank mass pulled. I don't think those are covered in the journal, unless that's changed within the last few years. There is nothing justifiable about this, it's just shitty people being shitty and making the game worse for those around them. It's a random, NORMAL LEVELING dungeon, if you want perfect gogogogo bullshit, run with a guild. If you run with randoms, you get what you get, unless people are actively griefing the run, deal with it.
    *kicks*

Thx and queue again <3!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    Yeah somehow I don't buy that you go through the dungeon journal and read every ability of every boss for the normal version of a dungeon.
    I don't need to because I know every dungeon, because I took the time to prepare myself and wasn't a lazy piece of crybaby shit on the forums honey.

And so that's going to be why you get kicked unless you want to IMPROVE yourself. Blizzard tirelessly creates a journal for the lazy to ignore, and they're treated as such.

- - - Updated - - -

*kicks*

Thx and queue again <3!!

- - - Updated - - -

I don't need to because I know every dungeon, because I took the time to prepare myself and wasn't a lazy piece of crybaby shit on the forums honey.
    Reading the journal is useless while leveling because by the time you reach the first boss you forgot everything and you can’t open it while pulling for obvious reasons.

MAYBE if the journal was interactive (aka with a video of the boss while engaged) it could have a utility, but… text only? Nope.

The OP is not guilty of anything, he just got a bad group.

Yesterday I saw a disband in Nokrund normal (yes, normal) because 3 people on 5 were at first try and didn’t know how to skip the pulls before the last boss. After three wipes I tried to tell the other dude “let’s just regroup where we are automatically dismounted by the lightning and pull the packs, it’s only 5 minutes longer” but he left the group and so did the others.

Unfortunately the gogogogogogogo mentality instilled by the M+ timer tainted the trivial difficulties also.

10+ Year Old Account
    You likely encountered minmaxxers levelling on an addon timer and following a specific dungeon route deemed the most efficient experience per hour. You were probably vote kicked not because someone was angry with you dying but because it was a marginal time gain to have someone new and likely more experienced zone in rather than wait for you to run back.

WoW has become extremely robotic and anti-social like that over the years, to a point where I could imagine a majority of active players view other players as a barrier to their progression goals rather than allies who can help reach them. If they ever introduced solo content similar to Torghast that rewarded max level gear I think you'd see the entire m+ dungeon community collapse overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    Fun fact. As per the new Social Contract, you can report people for doing this. I got one or two people punished for doing it while I was leveling an alt.

One time I got kicked because I waited literally 10 seconds after a pull as a healer to pick new talents. Tank mass pulled and die, said I was a trash healer then votekicked me. This was at like level 25-30.
    Vote kicking someone without a word violates no rules and therefore is not something they will punish players for.

Read their woktract again. It says harassment, hate speech or spamming.

There are alternatives to avoid getting kicked. Wasting blizzards time on frivolous reports just bogs down the system even more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by CrittenMitten View Post
    I don't post often; However, your post comes off as thinskinned AF. You're kicked by FOUR other ragtag randoms and you take it personally. Not to mention we will never hear the other four player's side of the story. For all we know (seeing as you're a hunter) you got kicked for pulling in place of the tank which resulted in your death; I've seen too many hunters doing this thinking tanks are okay with it.
    I mean, if you go into a restaurant and instantly get slapped in the face, would you be jumping to go back?

Admittedly not the best comparison, but the point is that it has nothing to do with thick or thin skin, first impressions matter and if you see it that bad when you're just leveling, how bad is it going to be at higher levels of play?

Besides, telling people to get thicker skin always seems to miss the point that people should just learn to be more respectful to each other instead.

Unfortunately the gogogogogogogo mentality instilled by the M+ timer tainted the trivial difficulties also.
    I get it's an easy scapegoat, but M+ has very little to do with it. People have always aimed to try to do everything as quick as they can when it comes to the game.

Reading the journal is useless while leveling because by the time you reach the first boss you forgot everything and you can’t open it while pulling for obvious reasons.

MAYBE if the journal was interactive (aka with a video of the boss while engaged) it could have a utility, but… text only? Nope.

The OP is not guilty of anything, he just got a bad group.

Yesterday I saw a disband in Nokrund normal (yes, normal) because 3 people on 5 were at first try and didn’t know how to skip the pulls before the last boss. After three wipes I tried to tell the other dude “let’s just regroup where we are automatically dismounted by the lightning and pull the packs, it’s only 5 minutes longer” but he left the group and so did the others.

And it takes about 2 minutes so yep, kick kick kick - MY dungeons are to be fast and efficient, if someone fucks up they're gone - just how it is. I'm here to level, not spend an additional 10 minutes on trash because people are inept.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I mean, if you go into a restaurant and instantly get slapped in the face, would you be jumping to go back?

Admittedly not the best comparison, but the point is that it has nothing to do with thick or thin skin, first impressions matter and if you see it that bad when you're just leveling, how bad is it going to be at higher levels of play?

Besides, telling people to get thicker skin always seems to miss the point that people should just learn to be more respectful to each other instead.

I get it's an easy scapegoat, but M+ has very little to do with it. People have always aimed to try to do everything as quick as they can when it comes to the game.
    Yes and no. Sure there is an actual community for "go fast" but early expansion efficiency isn't exactly what M+ has created. As a player since OG, Legion is a definite marking point for a shift in how dungeons are looked at in general. Blizz intentionally turned them into an esport and that undeniably has brought a different mindset even to normal dungeons.

And it takes about 2 minutes so yep, kick kick kick - MY dungeons are to be fast and efficient, if someone fucks up they're gone - just how it is. I'm here to level, not spend an additional 10 minutes on trash because people are inept.
    It takes two minutes but you won’t remember ANYTHING the first times.

And no one will waste time watching YouTube videos for normal dungeons while leveling, sorry.

Also someone wrote that he died at trash and journal does not describe trash packs.

You are simply a toxic player, like many others around unfortunately.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

Trying to be efficient is a thing, kicking people that make mistakes while leveling is another thing.

It’s a freaking game, people should not be supposed to have PHD in dungeoning to play without being kicked at first mistake.

It takes two minutes but you won’t remember ANYTHING the first times.

And no one will waste time watching YouTube videos for normal dungeons while leveling, sorry.

Also someone wrote that he died at trash and journal does not describe trash packs.

You are simply a toxic player, like many others around unfortunately.

- - - Updated - - -

Trying to be efficient is a thing, kicking people that make mistakes while leveling is another thing.

It’s a freaking game, people should not be supposed to have PHD in dungeoning to play without being kicked at first mistake.
    And that's too fucking bad! Find another dungeon, get out of mine. I'm here to level, not teach.

And that's too fucking bad! Find another dungeon, get out of mine. I'm here to level, not teach.
    You are obviously a troll.

But I appreciate the tentative.

You are obviously a troll.

But I appreciate the tentative.
    Okay, I'm not but believe what you want to believe.

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    The issue is that Blizzard has opted to continually make dungeon and raid mechanics more complex to make things more challenging for the players that have played all along. So the difficulty bar is a bit higher than in the past. Part of that too is that lower difficulty content (even open world) is harder to prepare players for that content. So that's a hurdle and a challenge for returning players. Not every wipe will be a kick, but it's close to that.

Some tips for returning players -
    1. The content is harder now, it's not like old LFR where you could put someone on follow and finish a run. There are more interrupts needed, there's more movement required and aoe to get out of, and more bad stuff that can one-shot you. The easy tank and spank days are no more.
    2. Because of that, if you're returning I'd suggest baby steps. Watch a quick 2 minute video on the dungeon mechanics. Maybe do a run of them on a difficulty lower than you want to do even if you're overgeared for it, just for a practice run to see the route and some of the mechanics firsthand.
    3. Don't get discouraged. LFR is actually more painful than normal raid and Heroic group finder dungeons are more painful than m0, because too many people think they can roll into them without knowing the mechanics and it's a wipefest. So that is a challenge for returning players right now. But if you can get over that hump, it gets better.
    4. The best way by far to get back up to speed is with a guild doing runs. That's generally going to be a lot better time and they'll be more patient with miscues, though they can have their own drama too. And you may have to go through 2 or 3 guilds to find a really good match.

You are leveling not doing a +20. GTFO with that elitist attitude. Single player games are designed for you.