Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    They already have Arclight Rumble that will be made available shortly after blizzcon if not the next day. Potentially a cinematic trailer for their new survival game. Then they will showcase the pve missions they will add to overwatch 2. And of course whatever expansion they will deliver for WoW in 2024.
    This alone will be more exciting than what they've been showing in the preceding blizzcon.
    Did not know Rumble is that advanced. Doubt it will generate much excitement among the Blizzcon crowd but definitely would be of interest to investors. A cinematic trailer doesn't do much for me at least for their Survival game. I don't think gamers in general have trust in Blizzard to deliver what they show anymore (especially not after OW2 debacle).

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    And it really isn't that related to speculation. I could talk on how the six forces could work philosophically. Imo you need to bring your ideas in the context of the recent revelations, however much people like them or not. And that is, the Six Forces must have some form of instrumentality. They were created by the First Ones as tools (likely to shape the Physical Realm between them). That means that each Force serves a function. Use that as guidance on what they may be meant to do. Imo
    This is a good way to look into it, but past the lens of the current writing direction, you also have to take into account their general associated tropes and baggage. While the writers don't take the letter of prior lore to it, the visual language and vibe are things they are fairly attached to. It's why I think it was a good move by them, when broadening the Void, to also broaden the visuals attached to it. See Sarkareth's more starry cold aesthetic compared to the Lovecraft Lite-inspired earlier bits we've seen. Still recognizable as belonging to the same thing, but different enough to do it. Same with how the Sha, probably the first sop to the void as feeding off of and representing particular personality aspects and not just generic madness, were tied in with their own appearance.

In that vein, and hitting on what @Sondrelk brought up I agree entirely with you that the whole crystallization business and the aversion to death can just as well be a Naaru expression of the Light, like how N'zoth, the Sha and now the cosmic void have different looks and different means of operating. But all of them aim to fill space and spead out, whereas none of the Light really does. The Army of the Light didn't proactively convert worlds to turn them into advance outposts in their war, let alone go out to unrelated worlds to spread. On the contary, its broader cosmic conceit as being the delineating line of reality, indicating which of the many possibilities presented by its opposite should be followed extends also to its lower order appearance. It serves to impose reason and moral guidance on things that are already there and slot their expression through that prism. This is also why one of the first bits of more interesting Warcraft Light tidibts, i.e that anyone with sufficient conviction can use it, no matter what that conviction is, continues to fit well.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

. Stasis is not a natural part of Light imo.
    Stasis is all about achieved perfection, which is what Order perceives. Stagnation in inevitable since no progress is needed then. Progress is a movement that is defined by imbalance.

If Yrel is indeed involved here, then I should hope for some sort of epiphany regarding that which is "perfect," which has always been in front of her this whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Not to bring RL shit into this, but that's actually a method of oppression, saying "don't fight back", "stop resisting", "just be normal (=like us)" and ordering "offering" magical conversion therapy.
    Not saying you're wrong, but it does put the offers to stop fighting in context when the other side goes "I'll use your skull as decoration" and "join me or die".

Did not know Rumble is that advanced. Doubt it will generate much excitement among the Blizzcon crowd but definitely would be of interest to investors. A cinematic trailer doesn't do much for me at least for their Survival game. I don't think gamers in general have trust in Blizzard to deliver what they show anymore (especially not after OW2 debacle).
    Definitely true, I've lost trust in this company since they gave up on Heroes of the Storm. Since that point it has been a drama show without end.

For Arclight Rumble I seem to remember that in their quarterly earning results they've stated for almost a year that Arclight Rumble is progressing in regional testing. So I expect them to push the game communication for a release close to this blizzcon rather than one that will be overshadowed by the release of wow 10th expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Stasis is all about achieved perfection, which is what Order perceives. Stagnation in inevitable since no progress is needed then. Progress is a movement that is defined by imbalance.

If Yrel is indeed involved here, then I should hope for some sort of epiphany regarding that which is "perfect," which has always been in front of her this whole time.
    See, I don't think Order wants perfection. Aggramar did not order Draenor. He just made sure it had potential to move forward and not collapse on itself. The way the Pantheon acted on Azeroth is not indicative of their overall directive. They just discovered a new member of the family. They know how they were born. They wanted to make things perfect just like any one of us would for a newborn.

See, I don't think Order wants perfection. Aggramar did not order Draenor. He just made sure it had potential to move forward and not collapse on itself. The way the Pantheon acted on Azeroth is not indicative of their overall directive. They just discovered a new member of the family. They know how they were born. They wanted to make things perfect just like any one of us would for a newborn.
    To make perfect...needs a perceived imperfection.

Are we talking about a different game to Arclight Rumble?
    There was mobile Warcraft MMO In works in China.

Not really. You just want ideal conditions for the expecting planet so to speak. Who knows how messy a Titan birth might be. Why not help the process along. Think of how much we do to help a pregnancy. We pay attention to what we eat. Many sing to a baby or let it listen calming music. We all treat the mother differently to keep her blood pressure from going up. Those are not automatic. The Titans of the Pantheon were all born without some cosmic midwife. Suddenly they had the chance to make things better for one of their own. Why would they not do everything in their power to help?

It's why I speculate that there must be a Forge or facility somewhere on Azeroth whose express purpose is to help with the moment of birth. And maybe that facility is in Avaloren!
    I keep trying to link it to speculation but no one bites . . .
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2023-05-23 at 12:40 PM.

Not really.
    Without duality, there's no reason for being. (Which imo again plays into the Yrel delusion for what in fact is another form of nihilism)

Without duality, there's no reason for being. (Which imo again plays into the Yrel delusion for what in fact is another form of nihilism)
    I have no idea what you are trying to say.

Which is why they need at least one of their products to have something major to sell. I am hoping for WoW to have big news.
    Except... they got nothing. We are getting a new WoW expansion, that's for (almost) sure, but I doubt it'd be such a grand announcement to make Blizzcon as a whole worth it. Heroes of the Storm is in zombie mode, Overwatch is in the sewer equivalent of the public's perception, and Hearthstone, while still alive, it doesn't have anywhere near the pull as WoW (and until last year, OW) have.

So unless they announce a new IP, or at least a new game (Starcraft 3?), I doubt this Blizzcon being anywhere near as successful as the ones pre-Covid.

I mean, you don't really preserve stasis when you find the need to place doomsday devices on every world you order and have your client race of space ghosts hang around ready to pull the trigger and glass the world in question should it start smelling funny. That assumes both a high possibility of failure and not much emotional attachment to that failure.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Except... they got nothing. We are getting a new WoW expansion, that's for (almost) sure, but I doubt it'd be such a grand announcement to make Blizzcon as a whole worth it. Heroes of the Storm is in zombie mode, Overwatch is in the sewer equivalent of the public's perception, and Hearthstone, while still alive, it doesn't have anywhere near the pull as WoW (and until last year, OW) have.

So unless they announce a new IP, or at least a new game (Starcraft 3?), I doubt this Blizzcon being anywhere near as successful as the ones pre-Covid.
    And even a new IP is not worth much. The Survival game could have an amazing cinematic. WC3 Refunded had a cool cinematic. OW2 PvE mode WAS PLAYABLE. A cinematic for a new IP means nothing. It's not ES6 coming in the next decade; that is a known unknown and ES games always took forever anyway.
    Nah their only good selling points would be something major for WoW which I don't think it happening and maybe a D4 expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I mean, you don't really preserve stasis when you find the need to place doomsday devices on every world you order and have your client race of space ghosts hang around ready to pull the trigger and glass the world in question should it start smelling funny. That assumes both a high possibility of failure and not much emotional attachment to that failure.
    Very much. The Titans are just OK with revisiting later and trying again. They have no illusion that their design is perfect. But then again, Titans are aligned with Order but imo they are NOT OF ORDER itself.

Not to Titans and forces of Order. Constant perfection is the way of their life.

And even a new IP is not worth much. The Survival game could have an amazing cinematic. WC3 Refunded had a cool cinematic. OW2 PvE mode WAS PLAYABLE. A cinematic for a new IP means nothing. It's not ES6 coming in the next decade; that is a known unknown and ES games always took forever anyway.
    Nah their only good selling points would be something major for WoW which I don't think it happening and maybe a D4 expansion.
    If they actually present some gameplay video of this hypothetical new game/IP, then I'd be interested, otherwise I'd be very skeptical.

But then again, Titans are aligned with Order but imo they are NOT OF ORDER itself.
    I will say that DF has been a badly needed course correction to Chronicle and Legion's takes on the Titans, but yeah, it only further brings into focus how, notwithstanding the mistake of the cosmic force wheel existing in the first place the Titans representing Order given their variance in portfolio and modus operandi doesn't really gel and is even more at odds after SL's takes.

I have no idea what you are trying to say.
    It's about the "polarity principle" how there always needs to be two polarities (at least. My personal philosophy questions certain aspects); that is constantly vying against the other. You can't "go forward" without impetus, or "imblance" in the desired direction. Perfectly" balanced is perfect serenity...a pond without a ripple.
    It's likely that Yrel's notion of perfection is thusly flawed since it's based upon her own perception.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    Not to Titans and forces of Order. Constant perfection is the way of their life.
    It's not "constant" if it's achieved. At which point it's all about maintaining stasis.

How do people see Avaloren going down once we go there?

Will it be a Greco-Roman inspired land?

Camelot inspired with WoW’s take on King Arthur, Excalibur, Holy Grail, Merlin, Morgan Le Fay?

A strictly advanced civilisation with a huge focus on titan architecture?

A wild, unkept wilderness?

Do you all see Khaz Algar being here or do you think that’s elsewhere? Under the Eastern Kingdoms?

Completely new races here that we’ve never been exposed to? Or much of the same we’ve already had.

The idea of Avaloren is one of the most exciting we’ve had in a while.

I think Avaloren would be the perfect opportunity to introduce a WoW variant of the Altmer from Elder Scrolls. Not necessarily an Elvish race, but a race of highly advanced beings, that are a lot more advanced and powerful than the current playable races, of which they look down on and seek to impose their laws and religion upon them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Utsuko View Post
    If BlizzCon is back this year, it's because they have important things to announce.

We must take into account very important parameters for this BlizzCon: It is the great return of the convention in physics since the Covid. In the meantime, there have been a lot of problems at Blizzard with the scandals and the recent disappointing revelations for OW2. So it's time for them to restore their image and they know very well that they must not miss out.

Regarding World of Warcraft, the year 2024 will introduce the 20 years of the game and the 30 years of the Warcraft franchise. It is also a golden opportunity to mark the occasion.

That said, we should expect:

1) The next WoW expansion (I predict either Avaloren/Tel'Abim or an old world revamp)
    2) Things about OW2 (heroes, maps, modes,...)
    3) Same for D4 (new class, etc.)
    4) Same for HS (extension,...)
    5) Arclight Rumble mobile game release date
    6) Highly probable announcement of survival game in development (Odyssey)
    7) Any other surprises? (Rebirth of StarCraft?...)

Otherwise they wouldn't make their comeback in physics after so many years if they had nothing to show for it.
    I see the announcement of Classic+ being here, and treated like a huge deal.

I would love an old world revamp in the style of what I outlined in an earlier post. Sadly, I don’t see it happening. I think both Tel’Abim or Avaloren are what’s likely, and I’d be happy with either.
    Last edited by Santandame; 2023-05-23 at 01:55 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    I want to see a place in Avaloren inspired by Japanese culture. Things such as Samurai, Kitsune, Kami (who are actually Loa, but Avalorenian trolls call them Kami) and Yokai.
    Kitsune could be the Japanese version of Worgen or Pandaren. They could get a humanoid form racial that could actually be USED during combat, but doing so would make the much weaker. (This sounds really dumb, I'm not good at designing fake player races, I'm sorry)
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.