10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    How do people see Avaloren going down once we go there?

Will it be a Greco-Roman inspired land?

Camelot inspired with WoW’s take on King Arthur, Excalibur, Holy Grail, Merlin, Morgan Le Fay?

A strictly advanced civilisation with a huge focus on titan architecture?

A wild, unkept wilderness?

Do you all see Khaz Algar being here or do you think that’s elsewhere? Under the Eastern Kingdoms?

Completely new races here that we’ve never been exposed to? Or much of the same we’ve already had.

The idea of Avaloren is one of the most exciting we’ve had in a while.

I think Avaloren would be the perfect opportunity to introduce a WoW variant of the Altmer from Elder Scrolls. Not necessarily an Elvish race, but a race of highly advanced beings, that are a lot more advanced and powerful than the current playable races, of which they look down on and seek to impose their laws and religion upon them.

- - - Updated - - -

I see the announcement of Classic+ being here, and treated like a huge deal.

I would love an old world revamp in the style of what I outlined in an earlier post. Sadly, I don’t see it happening. I think both Tel’Abim or Avaloren are what’s likely, and I’d be happy with either.
    It is the big WoW anniversary the following year, so either 2023 or 2024 blizzcon would make sense to have a big Warcraft announcement, or a few medium sized ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    I am surprised to see that people did not enjoy the Argent Tournament. I feel that for the time it was pretty good. Certainly it gave us lots of collectibles (actually I am currently farming them, doing the quests and the dungeon every day, as I erased my old account in Shadowlands).

It seems that we certainly fail in 10.1.5, and the... Time Rifts, I think that they are called, are the consequence of our failure. Probably just the beginning of the consequences (besides Murozond), as I am pretty sure that more time related stuff is coming.

I hope and think that a new Timewalking system should be the aftermath of whatever happens with the Bronzes and the Infinites. An expansion dealing with time... I just do not see Blizzard making that work. It would be a mess at many levels, I believe, especially lore-wise.
    That's what I'm most hoping for. I've been made amicable to the prospects of an expansion focused around the Infinite Dragonflight. Ideally, rather than pursuing Murozond across the timeways, we instead end up with some kind of convergence, culminating in the introduction of alternate universe elements as the world struggles to reconcile the addition of things that now always have been with their memories of how they were, and the simultaneous existence and merging of two histories.

I thought about a visual update to the old continents, as it seems that we are not getting the world revamp. Or say that we get it, but in a new map. Old Kalimdor and Old Eastern Kingdoms would still look... well, old. But what would be the point of a visual update? I guess that it would be a significant amount of work, and... for what? Veteran players would not have a reason to go to those old zones, and new players would level in BfA, DF or even in the campaign of the new expansion. How many of them would visit the old zones? Even if they do, they would just do the quests and never return there again, as it would not be necessary for anything, unless they spice those zones a bit with rares, treasures... the Arathi treatment. But even if they do so, it does not seem worth the effort.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Pretty sure suddenly having to test ourself in a side activity right before the final push while we were being tested the moment we landed in Northrend is still a crappy concept. Yogg was also a weird distraction that didn't amount to anything in our war against LK.
    I was referring more to your extrapolation of that to the overall concept of a jousting tournament, not to anything regarding the contrived nature of the Argent Tournament, which I wholly agree with you on. I also don't see your point in mentioning Ulduar, given that's one of the few raids that I've seen fairly consistently liked by just about everybody. That it's a digression isn't really all that relevant, given that it added interesting lore and some of the better boss fights in the game. I don't see why something being a digression in itself should constitute an issue. I'm sure everybody could agree that a B-plot here and there is necessary, especially on account of the formula of the genre and WoW's raid release structure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Well! That's a smoking gun if ever I saw one. Rare that a smoking gun is nothing but a sign of good things to come. I'm happy to see an end to the scourge of (mostly-)modular that has been haunting the game for so long.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    I already think Dragonflight is on par with WOTLK, LEGION, and MOP, but I'm waiting for it to be finished to praise it.

We never know when Blizzard will screw things up.
    I'm a tad bit reluctant to go so far as to give it the kind of commendation I would WotLK, but the new systems seem beneficent, and none of its additions are outright disastrous. My limited scope of awareness suggests to me it's a step in the right direction, though I confess any judgments I make are solely limited to judgments based on second-hand knowledge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    Seeing all this talk surrounding a World Revamp fills my heart with joy. I'm glad so many people here like this idea.

I'm in all for any Revamp at this point.
    I do not believe it is likely. However, I want it to happen, and will continuously agitate for it in spite of its improbability.

Twisting Neather ,Void ,Hellfire Peninsula ,Legion ,Space old god Expansion please

I always hate when they make villains look stupid or less powerful just for the sake of the plot. Hopefully this time they learn. Things will get really interesting if we get to 10.2 with all the remaining Incarnates alive.
    It's always a thin line to tread. Obviously, some degree of eventual failure is inevitable for villains in any continuous setting. However, the threat must also be made concrete for its defeat to present catharsis. Although it is a foregone conclusion that they will fail in their ultimate objectives, the narrative objective of the writers ought to be—at least insofar as I see it—to help the audience suspend their disbelief that the villain might succeed, and to help them deceive themselves—as any audient or audience deceives themselves in experiencing any story—that the defeat of the villain is not a foregone conclusion.

I thought about a visual update to the old continents, as it seems that we are not getting the world revamp. Or say that we get it, but in a new map. Old Kalimdor and Old Eastern Kingdoms would still look... well, old. But what would be the point of a visual update? I guess that it would be a significant amount of work, and... for what? Veteran players would not have a reason to go to those old zones, and new players would level in BfA, DF or even in the campaign of the new expansion. How many of them would visit the old zones? Even if they do, they would just do the quests and never return there again, as it would not be necessary for anything, unless they spice those zones a bit with rares, treasures... the Arathi treatment. But even if they do so, it does not seem worth the effort.
    This is all presupposing that the developers would make the same mistake they made in Cataclysm by only making the revamped zones into levelling content. Even going so far as to create a full suite of entirely new zones to carry the endgame.

A new world revamp could quite easily use the revamped zones for endgame content. Given the sheer amount of zones we could easily have a set of zones dedicated to a new suite of introductory levelling zones (taking the place of BfA), a few zones set aside for levelling proper. And even have a few left over for patch zones, or dedicated PvP or other endgame activities.

Imagine for instance, a revamp of just Eastern Kingdoms. You could have a section for the Human kingdoms, Elwynn, Westfall, Redridge, etc. A section for Dwarves, Dun Murogh, Loch Modan, Twilight Highlands, etc. A space for Forsaken. A place for Blood Elves. And even with that still have the wildcards of the Plaguelands for endgame instances, and Stranglethorn for the obligatory Troll raid.

Assuming that a world revamp would solely benefit the mid-tier levelling is a bit of a defeatist attitude. Especially when it's no secret that this is why Cata was such a waste.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    This is all presupposing that the developers would make the same mistake they made in Cataclysm by only making the revamped zones into levelling content. Even going so far as to create a full suite of entirely new zones to carry the endgame.

A new world revamp could quite easily use the revamped zones for endgame content. Given the sheer amount of zones we could easily have a set of zones dedicated to a new suite of introductory levelling zones (taking the place of BfA), a few zones set aside for levelling proper. And even have a few left over for patch zones, or dedicated PvP or other endgame activities.

Imagine for instance, a revamp of just Eastern Kingdoms. You could have a section for the Human kingdoms, Elwynn, Westfall, Redridge, etc. A section for Dwarves, Dun Murogh, Loch Modan, Twilight Highlands, etc. A space for Forsaken. A place for Blood Elves. And even with that still have the wildcards of the Plaguelands for endgame instances, and Stranglethorn for the obligatory Troll raid.

Assuming that a world revamp would solely benefit the mid-tier levelling is a bit of a defeatist attitude. Especially when it's no secret that this is why Cata was such a waste.
    I think that you misunderstood my post.

I was not talking about a world revamp, but about just a visual revamp of the old continents, and the reasons why I do not think that it would be worth it.

If a world revamp happens, of course it would be evergreen and the possibilities are endless. Although, as I have stated previously, it would need to happen in a new map, as if it were a new continent. I just do not see a phased world revamp being successful.

It's always a thin line to tread. Obviously, some degree of eventual failure is inevitable for villains in any continuous setting. However, the threat must also be made concrete for its defeat to present catharsis. Although it is a foregone conclusion that they will fail in their ultimate objectives, the narrative objective of the writers ought to be—at least insofar as I see it—to help the audience suspend their disbelief that the villain might succeed, and to help them deceive themselves—as any audient or audience deceives themselves in experiencing any story—that the defeat of the villain is not a foregone conclusion.
    Villains always fall, but I hope that some of them would success in part before going away. In WoW they had always been defeated without achieving their objectives, it would be nice to change that for once. I think that this could happen, at least to a point, in DF. Murozond is coming, and in 10.1.5 all the Incarnates will still be alive. Some of them are going to survive, there is no way in which we deal with all that before 11.0.

I hope that for once they claim a victory. It would be lame for them to survive just to die as a dungeon boss or even a quest boss (Garrosh...). Although they always come back, don't they?

- Kel'thuzad and Ragnaros (Vanilla).
    - Illidan, Archimonde and Kael'thas (TBC).
    - Arthas (WoTLK).
    - The Klaxxi and Garrosh (MoP).
    - Yrel and Grom (WoD).
    - Sargeras (Legion).
    - N'zoth and Azshara (BfA).
    - Denathrius and Sylvanas (SL).

These are only some examples of villains that came back or that are still alive and eventually they will show up again. All of them failed. Hopefully the Incarnates succed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    10.2 will be out before Blizzcon, or very far into testing. If there is any patch content reveal it will be 10.3.
    If 10.3 is happening and it is not announced/on PTR before Blizzcon they probably drop it quickly before the expansion, especially if the patch ties to the next expansion somehow.

Hopefully the Incarnates succed.
    They already did once. Raszageth succeeded, even if at the cost of her life.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Honestly, this seems quite plausible to me. I've taken the Infinite dungeon to suggest that Deios is successful, and the Murozond is retroactively created out of Nozdormu in an odd, Dragon Break-esque situation. I like the idea that all possible events begin to retroactively have always happened simultaneously in a brief moment in which the sands of time are no longer flowing chronologically. This results in an unprecedented situation in which the world starts to look something like the Dreg Heap from Dark Souls III, or perhaps a worldwide version of the Caverns of Time, as all timelines start merging into one another. Perhaps people exist alongside their alternate selves, or perhaps they begin merging with them as they have to struggle with wholly-contradictory memories of the same events. Those who died in the main timeline go mad in knowing that they are not going mad as they are slotted into a world safely devoid of another variant of themselves.
    It would give us all of the *fun* parts of alternate universes, without the problem of making it meaningless once we are done with it.

No matter how the Murozond issue is resolved, there's always a way the timeways can break. Maybe even the price of saving Nozdormu is the integrity of the timelines

There's just a lot of potential with the idea of AU's bleeding into our own, and how that can be used as a soft world revamp. Whether it should be an expansion wide issue, or a patch, it's up on the air.

For all the disappointments BfA brought, it did wholly revamp the terrain of 2 old world areas. Now if that had lead to a more evergreen gameplay it would have been much better, but I think there is potential in updating the old world piecemeal-like through patch cycles, but it has to have a more complex gameplay than just being a rare farming area.

3+ Year Old Account
    I hope 11.0 gives us another troll subspecies. I miss not seeing trolls.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

I would be dissapointed if Iridikron does not achieves what he wants. There is no one in the dungeon to stop him. I mean, he should be able to kill us and Chromie easily.

I always hate when they make villains look stupid or less powerful just for the sake of the plot. Hopefully this time they learn. Things will get really interesting if we get to 10.2 with all the remaining Incarnates alive.
    It doesn't look like any of the Incarnates will die before 10.2, at least so far. So it's very likely all 3 will still be alive for 10.2.
    Be interesting to see if more than 1 of them will be attackiong the Dream. You'd think Fyrakk will make an appearance though, being fire and all that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyth View Post
    It doesn't look like any of the Incarnates will die before 10.2, at least so far. So it's very likely all 3 will still be alive for 10.2.
    Be interesting to see if more than 1 of them will be attackiong the Dream. You'd think Fyrakk will make an appearance though, being fire and all that
    I'm wondering if maybe Fyrakk will attack... I'm forgetting the name - that tower in Azure Span that was so important for Rasz to launch an assault. It is covered in ice, unless that ice was formed by Vyra in which case why would Fyr attack?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    We got a LOT of time for each expansion to take its place.

Order Realm, Life Realm, Light Realm. Void Realm, more of the Nether, K'aresh, Light invasion, AU Draenor (Part 2), Underground expac, World Revamp expac, Civil War Expac, Moon Expac/Patch (Maybe?), Backside of Azeroth expac, Void Invasion type of expac, the 7th power...

Blizzard has a LOT to unravel still.

I swear imma be 50 by the time we get through most of this.

I'm 20 rn, and I am more than a year older than World of Warcraft lmaooo

- - - Updated - - -

All of what I just mentioned alone is like 20 years lmaooo
    Don't forget "Alt Azeroth" expansion, or "Back in time to ancient Kalimdor"

"What would Azeroth be like if WC3 never happened' is still my big hope for an expansion (plus frankly I think world revamp expansion is unlikely after Cata and its the most likely way to finally get Quel'thalas connected to Eastern Kingdoms)

Given how multiple expansions had multiple themes concurrently, I am not sure why y'all think the game will give you solo themes from now on. More importantly, do people really expect for WoW to keep going for 30 more years???

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    I was referring more to your extrapolation of that to the overall concept of a jousting tournament, not to anything regarding the contrived nature of the Argent Tournament, which I wholly agree with you on. I also don't see your point in mentioning Ulduar, given that's one of the few raids that I've seen fairly consistently liked by just about everybody. That it's a digression isn't really all that relevant, given that it added interesting lore and some of the better boss fights in the game. I don't see why something being a digression in itself should constitute an issue. I'm sure everybody could agree that a B-plot here and there is necessary, especially on account of the formula of the genre and WoW's raid release structure.
    Digressions are completely necessary for the structure of the game. A single theme expansion will visually fail. Even with Nighthold taken into account, I wanted to gouge my eyes out by the end of Legion if I saw one more black and green demon structure. Including a small breather won't necessarily help, see 14 months of SoO in an underground orc factory being followed by a brief breather from Highmaul and then another underground orc factory in BRF. And SoO and BRF were actually good, let's not even get started on Shadowlands's gray-a-thon connecting a year of a shit outdoor area with a mediocre raid.

Wrath's B-plot were the Titans and Yogg, and they deserved a raid to take over, which happened to be a solid raid. The Argent Tournament on the other hand was deeply stupid but it was at least marginally different visually, even if all it ultimately amounted to was an expansion managing to waste Anub'arak not once but twice.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2023-05-28 at 09:05 AM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Given how multiple expansions had multiple themes concurrently, I am not sure why y'all think the game will give you solo themes from now on. More importantly, do people really expect for WoW to keep going for 30 more years???
    Well, I think that it depends on how IA changes videogames. But I easily see WoW lasting 15 more years and probably more, but it is something really difficult to know, because maybe in 5 years there is a BIG develoment that changes how we see gaming.

If they keep the quality and cadence of content in the future, if a new WoW TV show is in the works as it is rumoured, if Blizzard wakes the fuck up and starts creating more games based on WoW's universe as LoL is doing, It could last forever, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    depends on how much effort they put into updating the game. an engine upgrade would easily give the game another 10 years min

Btw on Fyrakk surviving.
    10.1.7 needs to have some story content. I see two options
    a) Tyr awakening if we recover the disks from the dungeon
    b) Fyrakk getting killed by the Black dragonflight working together