Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Anything but a modified bear/cat/boomkin then. I find those animals to be specific to NE culture, and should have always remained as their animal totems and not extended to tauren, worgen and trolls.

Woulda been better if Tauren got a true Bull form, or a Kodo form or Plainstrider form. Bear with horns is just weird to me since there's no bears in the Barrens.
    They went with modified cat and bear because of the animations from the different abilities. I don't think they would stray from that too often. Although I wish they would, it could open the door to a new system that would allow us to copy the models of creatures in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    They went with modified cat and bear because of the animations from the different abilities. I don't think they would stray from that too often. Although I wish they would, it could open the door to a new system that would allow us to copy the models of creatures in the game.
    Werebear was the first to stray from that, and it was offered as customization.

All I would ask for is racial options in the same vein.

They can do the bear offshoots if they want. That I expect.

goblin
    bear form could be a siege engine
    cat form a shredder
    and moonkin the amod that the gob squad uses
    tree form could be a diffrent shredder with healing lasers and flamethrower
    travel form could just be a motorcycle or maybe the car from the starting zone
    History is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Please anything but that. If you are a DRUID goblin or mechagnome, you should be devoted to nature. You are still a member of the class not some weird transformer reskin of a druid.
    Hunters are also suppose to be devoted to nature though in a lesser sense and when they gave us hunter gnomes they had them represented in game with mech only pets and gave us mech taming which is at odds with the theme.

Wouldn’t be surprised If they did the same with Druid forms.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Hunters are also suppose to be devoted to nature though in a lesser sense and when they gave us hunter gnomes they had them represented in game with mech only pets and gave us mech taming which is at odds with the theme.

Wouldn’t be surprised If they did the same with Druid forms.
    The hunter link to nature was long undermined by all the traps and explosives though.
    I get why you guys want this and yes it would be cool. But I just feel that reskinning things so radically means that we cannot really ever have a repeat of Legion class fantasy or if we do, everyone on those skins will stick out like a sore thumb.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Giving Mechagnomes robotic forms would be dope.
    They already had a whole area/boss in Mechagon called the “machinists garden” with robotic plants and what not, they could/should just carry over those themes.

Nightborne Druids would likely use manasaber themed forms. Though I’d love the Moonkin form to look like this
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2023-05-31 at 07:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

I want Pandaren druids with forms based on the August Celestials (they should all have their characteristic glow too):

Black Ox form for bear form
    White Tiger form for cat form
    Red Crane form for moonkin form (maybe with a similar body shape to Zandalari moonkins, but with red crane head/wings?)
    Jade Serpent form for Tree of Life form, could be coiled around some bamboo stalks if a "tree" is required

Also, some other Pandaria themed forms:

Kafa-Crazed Mountain Goat form for travel form
    Pandaren Phoenix form for flight form
    Sea Turtle form for swim form

It would be very strange for the one bear race in the game to change to an ox for their bear form.

Panda could have Panda Bear Form
    Xuen Cat
    Crane could be Flight
    Ox Travel
    Serpent Aquatic Form?
    Last edited by doodle90; 2023-06-01 at 12:10 AM.

I kinda want undead to just turn into a slime instead of a bear form.
    "Mixing life magic and undeath, WHAT DID YOU THINK WAS GOING TO HAPPEN!?"

Mechagnome should just add a solar panel to their heads instead of turning into a tree.

And gnomes turn into the rabbit of Caerbannogh rather than a cat.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

I think Druids for all Races and paladins for all Races would be sweet. To this day I still want to play an undead Paladin and then they could add like some kind of green fire style quest for them so their spells look Shadow instead of holy.

I agree with @Nymrohd mech forms in place of actual Druid forms for gnome and goblin would ruin the class fantasy for those races. The whole point of every race being every class is that the race doesn't matter what your beliefs and sources of power are.
    It just makes it really silly for mechagnomes, so if any race were to have these mechaforms it would have to be them and they'd be animals with mechanical parts. Maybe the lore is by the time the PC takes control your character already mech'd up their animal forms as they have done to themselves.

I could see them doing away with specific racial forms except for legacy druids races. Everyone would just get a pool of new forms to choose from. Trade off being you might see more frequent updates and new forms added this way instead of once every 5-10 years.

I think it would be a bad move personally. But I can see them doing it to save time.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I could see them doing away with specific racial forms except for legacy druids races. Everyone would just get a pool of new forms to choose from. Trade off being you might see more frequent updates and new forms added this way instead of once every 5-10 years.

I think it would be a bad move personally. But I can see them doing it to save time.
    That actually sounds reasonable, though I agree - not having race-specific forms would be a bit of a letdown. Still, it's a compromise I'd take over not having them be able to be druids at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm expecting Druids to be the last of the races to become available to all, simply because of the work involved with the forms.

Paladins are next, then Shamen, then Druid is my prediction.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Mechagnomes
    This. Give them goofy mechanical forms equivalent to bear/cat/tree/laser chicken and funny whirring sounds when shape-shifting, I'd love to see that

Although tbh KT dudus also do quite well in the coolness department. I should roll one at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

If they actually are going to add druid for all races you can absolutely assume they will go away from having druid forms depending on the race.

They will add several more general druid forms, and then (similar to the coming warlock pet customization ways) allow the druid to choose from those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    If they actually are going to add druid for all races you can absolutely assume they will go away from having druid forms depending on the race.

They will add several more general druid forms, and then (similar to the coming warlock pet customization ways) allow the druid to choose from those.
    That, or they'll allow all the races to use all the forms from different races.

I agree though, you're more than likely not going to see all the races get unique forms anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Utsuko View Post
    I don't know why you think that, Blizzard is not a small indie studio. It would be incredibly lazy and a joke for a game where you pay a subscription in addition to expansions and the in-game store.
    A subscription price that hasn't budged for 2 decades. Don't imagine you're receiving what a subscriber paid for in that first decade.
    "Lazy" might not be accurate for what may amount to "cheap."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utsuko View Post
    I don't know why you think that, Blizzard is not a small indie studio. It would be incredibly lazy and a joke for a game where you pay a subscription in addition to expansions and the in-game store.
    Not really. If a Forsaken Druid can be a Troll/NE/KT/Standard bear/Artifact bears/Werebear, they’ll be fine. Those are tons of options.

Nightborne is the easiest sell for Druids as they have a clear design when it comes to their culture. Blood Elves too. Dwarves make more sense since all the wildhammer customisation options added. Even though they are not a Druidic society they are largely in touch with nature and could learn from other races. Mechagnones would be amazing! Hard to justifying resto mechagnones but feral/guardian makes sense.