Page 2 of 108 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arewn View Post
    The game is dang expensive for a video game. Calling people "greedy" for wanting to get their money's worth when they're not is the only mind boggling thing I'm seeing in this thread.
    In the grand scheme of things, it really isn't that expensive, especially when compared to other forms of paid entertainment. In fact, I can't think of a better value for the time spent playing WoW (or any other MMO).

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Sorry if I don't have more sympathy for people who immediately sign a check when they watch a presentation on a convention. Is that so different of people visiting any presentation, get hyped up and part with their money?

Maybe I am old fashioned, but I can hold on to the money I earned until a product is on the shelves and reviewed.
    O I agree with you thats why i haven't reserved it yet ether. With blizzards past "Cata/D3" they don't get reserves from me anymore until I see the final product.

Still dose not change the fact they used a trailer to hype up the game and now most of that content isn't there.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

How would you feel if you paid to see a singer on stage, you waited months to see it, struggled to get there and get squashed in with the crowd, and then when you expect to get what you paid for and waited months to see, someone comes on stage saying due to budget cuts and time frame, said singer can only do one song, and the rest of the concert will have guys you've never even heard of before singing?
    Yes because this is the same as Blizzard saying the night before the game goes live that said features are being cut or removed? Dream on.

Or how about you pay for a tour of a famous place like the White house or the Palace of Versailles, only for the tour to be cut five minutes in and told there is a fire practice and you need to leave, no refunds.
    While we're doing the hyperbole, we may as well compare this to Blizzard releasing the game and then telling everyone there is only 1 tier of content for pve/pvp! - Dear god..

People are entitled to be pissed off here, especially when they've paid their due to blizzard for the things they've hyped up. They begun selling digital copies of the expansion while they were still hyping its content, only now saying that content won't be what they said it was.
    A lot of people here need to view these trailers with a 'subject to change' notice I think, use the trailers as more of a guide with what they want to do, don't get over excited with said features due to the fact that they may possible be removed or changed.

Stop brown nosing these developers, they screwed a lot of people over.
    Just trying to be logical, get a refund if you're unhappy with how it's going. In future maybe not pre-order something so early with so little information?

Meh..ok, maybe it is harassment...but the result remains. You get your money back (I had to send a photo ID when my authenticator broke, not even my fault). How is that so bad when people submit to worse and a rectal scan to get on a bloody air-plane these days.
    The thing is tho getting on a air-plane and requesting a refund for a game is worlds apart.

I get the point you was trying to make but the two can't be related. It makes no sense why someone would need to send in a photo ID to get a refund on a digital item that has a 99% chance of being paided via a bank card.

/Tinfoil hat on Its them hoping the process is so annoying some just say fuck it....

- - - Updated - - -

Righty...if a garrison is there and you cannot move or name it - and you call it "most content isn't there" then I call that in the eye of the beholder. As for D3..I was quite pleased with it, but maybe that is because I jumped in when RoS was out. Different strokes and all that.
    I went into D3 2 weeks after the vanilla release.....

RoS did fix some problems I had with it ill give it that. But it dose not change how they butchered what little lore there was and the gameplay pre 2.0 was shit.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Herradura View Post
    How do people come up with this shit? Why do people take announced pre-alpha features as something they are promised, that they deserve? What an entitled, childish way to view things. I keep seeing this thrown around, and seeing the latest bout of it just forces me to furiously ask WHY?

This game attracts some of the most greedy assholes I've ever seen. It's mind boggling. They don't owe you a thing! You are the one who decides to pay them! It's a fucking video game!
    Bigger question is how does someone not perceive it as a promise. A promise is an assurance which was given at Blizzcon about the main cities. If I told you something for months, you would believe it. It's a bait and switch plain and simple.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oholyknight View Post
    Because the game promised little and is delivering nothing. The very few "features" of warlords that were announced at Blizzcon are being cut. What is the purpose of this expansion? What are the features? A new continent? Stat squish? That's it.

Literally everything cool that was shown at Blizzcon to hype people for the expansion were lies, and that's why people are upset.
    Its a fin expansion, not a new fin game.!!!

Because the game promised little and is delivering nothing. The very few "features" of warlords that were announced at Blizzcon are being cut. What is the purpose of this expansion? What are the features? A new continent? Stat squish? That's it.

-Black Temple and Frostwolf keep no longer hub cities, just quest locations you visit once.
    -New faction cities are copy pastes of the 4.1 krasarang wilds faction bases in ashran, an island in bumfuck nowhere
    -Garrisons only in one zone now, no longer customization, no longer lets you name npcs, no longer has skill boosts, is just a daily quest hub phased to you.
    -average class goes from 40 spells to 7
    -no new skeletons or animations, literally every creature in the expansion is a remodelled creature.
    -portions of entire zones are copy pasted from the BC devset
    -the rest are not flying compatible and have 2d jpg mountains -now you know why shamans had far sight and hunters had eagle vision removed.
    -now only 4 dungeons from level 90-100
    -client code for garrison cash shop functionality discovered, quickly removed along with tweet mentioning it from cory stockton
    -less raid content at launch than any expansion
    -less dungeons than cataclysm had in PATCHES
    -story is a barely canon side timeline alternate dimension just to give another enemy to fight while trying to lure in veterans with nostalgia and a 'veterans first!" beta access program
    -almost all CC removed in pvp. totally removed in pve
    -adding healing and tanking npcs in quests
    -Heirloom and tabard storage tab just cut until "later"
    -replacing quests with "dynamic, interactive world experiences" that appear once and when you do them disappear leaving huge swathes of zones empty.
    -new models have a single face and the cosmetic choices in almost every model but undead simply adds a new texture to said single face.
    -80% of announcements from blizzcon for the expansion are confirmed cut or extremely truncated in some way.

Literally everything cool that was shown at Blizzcon to hype people for the expansion were lies, and that's why people are upset.
    Now i didnt like what they decided not to add the customization for garrisons and when they changed the hubs to ashran but you are just full of shit.

New faction cities are not copy paste at all, horde one looks pretty nice tbh.
    way more than 7 abilities on every class.
    Pretty sure we have not seen most of the new creatures yet so obviously pulled out of your ass, and even then... why do people care so much about new skeletons. The abilities they are what becomes cool not the way a iron horde orc swings his axe cause its slightly different than a fel orc...
    there was a post like a day or 2 ago of outland ontop of draenor. its not copy pasted at all.
    WoD has 8 dungeons... how is that less than the one content patch in cata that had 3. and i wish there were more coming out in WoD but im not gona lie like that...
    More raid content than MoP... and cata... and WoTLK. and the only reason BC had more at release was because they didnt test any of it so hello impossible Kael'thas
    Pvp had too much CC, its the reason people in games devoted to pvping laugh at people who take wows pvp seriously. being cced for 10seconds is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Bigger question is how does someone not perceive it as a promise. A promise is an assurance which was given at Blizzcon about the main cities. If I told you something for months, you would believe it. It's a bait and switch plain and simple.
    This is how I feel about it.

Just like Ubisoft did a bait and switch with Watch_dogs. Blizzard is doing it with WOD the difference is people are finding out sooner.

Just think, if gamers stopped preordering unfinished games or stopped paying a monthly sub during the long droughts on nothing, buggy/broken content, shit server stability, etc etc, game companies may actually start delivering games that are actually worth the price and wait time. Im not only talking about wow either.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Once again you ignored the part where I said "If you show it on a panel at a live event and its in a TRAILER" then your are promising it. Sorry this applys to all game companys.
    No, sorry. Just because they show early work of a game with features they PLAN to implement, it doesn't mean they will be in no matter what.

Watch_Dogs was showed to look fucken amazing at many demo events and its live release did not live up to that. Therefor they lied to me. Blizzard said at Blizzcon that those gones would be main citys for people and you would be able to change how your garrson looks. Now they arnt and you cant. Along with other things as well.
    Didn't they say the settings were removed/change due to being unstable and not ready at release? I'm not sure on that one.

If you show content within a trailer its a promis sorry but thats how I see it. If your using said content to raise hype just to remove it later then your a dick and not welcome to my money for lying.
    Once again, they never promised it and you're just getting your hopes up if anytime a trailer comes out and you're going in with the mentality of 'OMG THIS FEATURE WILL AND MUST BE IN THE GAME UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE OR ELSE THEY'RE LIARS!'. Do you feel the same way when a movie trailer is released and all they show is the action, do you start complaining about all the dialogue and character development and other things besides the action that appear?

If Skyrim showed you fighting a dragon and the live release didn't have any dragons in it at all wouldn't you be pissed?
    If there was no explanation as to why it was cut/removed I would be a little bit annoyed, but each change Blizzard have explained why it was done as far as I know.

This game attracts some of the most greedy assholes I've ever seen. It's mind boggling.
    Don't over think it, they say like attracts like.

This is hilarious! I froze my account about 3 months into SoO to wait for the next expansion. I don't check here often since I like to go into them blind.

Oholyknight's post just blew my mind. Holy shit! What have they done with their budget? Their big development team they stole from titan or where-ever it was?

Investors should be just as pissed off as the people who preordered the game.

Meanwhile... Keep spending money on those new motorcycles Blizz!

How do people come up with this shit? Why do people take announced pre-alpha features as something they are promised, that they deserve? What an entitled, childish way to view things. I keep seeing this thrown around, and seeing the latest bout of it just forces me to furiously ask WHY?

This game attracts some of the most greedy assholes I've ever seen. It's mind boggling. They don't owe you a thing! You are the one who decides to pay them! It's a fucking video game!
    completely agree. i wish blizzard would just keep their mouths shut from now on until the xpac is released and the alpha/beta should have a strict NDA too. this way the complainers won't know what was taken out or never added.

when features are announced so early into production anything can happen. i hate when people get upset because something didn't work out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I think many people use the word "scale" the same way the smurfs use "smurf".

The fact that Blizzard is proving how flaky and wishy-washy they are has torn off any credibility and integrity that remained. When they resort to lawyerspeak to try and get around the fact that they're letting players down then there is good reason a lot of them are angry.

-Black Temple and Frostwolf keep no longer hub cities, just quest locations you visit once.
    You are not max level so you do not know
    -New faction cities are copy pastes of the 4.1 krasarang wilds faction bases in ashran, an island in bumfuck nowhere [
    B]Ashran isnt even testing let alone done. With them being hubs the places are going to not be insignificant in design[/B]
    -Garrisons only in one zone now, no longer customization, no longer lets you name npcs, no longer has skill boosts, is just a daily quest hub phased to you. Garrisons in one zone to make them core you also get outposts form garrison in every zone, No named NPC's ohwell atleast they are lore figures with backstories now, Skill buildings are stillt here to let you have 4 extra professions and perks around the continent basd on choices or are you ignorant and believe T1 garrison and 3 buildings is the end result?
    -average class goes from 40 spells to 7
    40 spells to 7.... Whatever you say dude. 7 spells LOL?
    -no new skeletons or animations, literally every creature in the expansion is a remodelled creature.
    No new skeletons. or models. You are hilarious
    -portions of entire zones are copy pasted from the BC devset
    Yeah man places totally look the same.
    -the rest are not flying compatible and have 2d jpg mountains -now you know why shamans had far sight and hunters had eagle vision removed.
    /Tinfoil hat
    -now only 4 dungeons from level 90-100
    FALSE 7 dungeon AND lots of scenarios
    -client code for garrison cash shop functionality discovered, quickly removed along with tweet mentioning it from cory stockton Oh no!
    -less raid content at launch than any expansion
    4 raid modes and lockouts and 16 bosses and 3 world bosses. Literally the largest raid tier in the history of the game.
    -less dungeons than cataclysm had in PATCHES
    They are planning to add dungeons throughout expac and I already refuted this laughable point above
    -story is a barely canon side timeline alternate dimension just to give another enemy to fight while trying to lure in veterans with nostalgia and a 'veterans first!" beta access program.
    Infinite dragonflight, and imo a great story. Just because you don't get the concepts is your loss.
    -almost all CC removed in pvp. totally removed in pve.
    GOOD
    -adding healing and tanking npcs in quests.
    What are you talking about
    -Heirloom and tabard storage tab just cut until "later"
    Heirloom tab later Tabrd was never promised. Also unlike toybox Heirlooms are BoA and can be thrown to a mule and items stack to 100 up from 20 in WoD AND I think you are supposed to have a reagent tab, Quest items are not items, and you get a whole new void storage tab.
    -replacing quests with "dynamic, interactive world experiences" that appear once and when you do them disappear leaving huge swathes of zones empty.
    Dynamics are a bonus and quests are staying. /tinfoil!
    -new models have a single face and the cosmetic choices in almost every model but undead simply adds a new texture to said single face. Single face because faces show hundreds of emotion now other then :O :| :O :| :O :|
    -80% of announcements from blizzcon for the expansion are confirmed cut or extremely truncated in some way.
    90% of statistics are made up on the spot

Literally everything cool that was shown at Blizzcon to hype people for the expansion were lies, and that's why people are upset. You are so jaded
    You are so jaded

Effortlessly refuted every single point. The complaints about dungeons and raids was particularly laughable.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2014-06-28 at 06:00 PM.

They made claims about several things and a lot more of their wishy-washy not-promises about many others. Hype rises, hype falls. And a longer and longer timeline sees more people getting frustrated with the wait and complaints increasing as things that were hyped start changing, diminishing, disappearing.

It's true, ultimately the game will be released as they see fit. I just hope all those complaining will have the courage of their convictions and not support it if it's not what they wanted it to be. That is the only thing that will effect any real change. Going along with it but still grumbling only sends the message that they can do what they want and still get your money.

Maybe before hyping things up they should just be honest and say, " Now these are ideas we have for the new expansion, but they are not definite." Guess what happens, no one gets pissed about things that get hyped for months, only to have anything that may have drawn you in get taken away. Instead we could get pleasant surprises or at the least not be wholly disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Communism View Post
    If there was no explanation as to why it was cut/removed I would be a little bit annoyed, but each change Blizzard have explained why it was done as far as I know.
    I forget what was the reason they gave about the garrsons and the recent reason about the citys??? I am really asking not trying to be a ass.

To me if its time then thats a bullshit reason. They have said many times that while one Xpac is going they are working on the other so that means WoD has been worked on for at lease 1 and 1/2 years if not longer and that time is getting bigger. If that is not enough time for a company who makes almost 1 billion dollars a year then they need to hire help and make it work.

Like I said to me so far this smells of CATA all over again "Promised" features getting scrapped before the release of the game.

Blizzard should not hype shit up with trailers and panels and talking about it via posts on there forums. They should just stfu not say anything and release it once its done. That keeps people from getting hyped about something that won't be there.

Or

Blizzard needs to state with each feature they talk about that it mite not be in the final product. So far they have not done ether of the two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    The fact that Blizzard is proving how flaky and wishy-washy they are has torn off any credibility and integrity that remained. When they resort to lawyerspeak to try and get around the fact that they're letting players down then there is good reason a lot of them are angry.
    I think the bigger issue is that they fucked up by not having another content patch with this expansion and are realizing that people are dropping subs because of it. Now they are scrambling to put out the new expansion even though they probably need another 8 months before it was going to be finished. So in order to stop the bleeding they'll dump a half-finished expansion on us and it will be like trying to duct tape the hole in the Titanic.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

People who use that argument are going to have a very hard time in life when they realize a promise is easily broken as something that isn't promised.

They'll grow up and figure it out. That's life.