Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    A black shadow would fall over Stromgarde Keep as Fist of the Damned drew closer to it, the Gunship looming ominously high above the range of the tanks. The crimson eyes of the onyx skull of the cannon shined fearsomely in the sudden 'nightfall'. Inside its command chamber, Commander Shardin Nighthawke leans back in his chair. "Im still curious as to why Cayla didnt answer the orb, but we have a mission to complete." Rhynarion stood over the map, moving tiny markers like pawns on a chess board. " The Alliance run like dogs below us, in thier keep.. so the lookout says." Shardin speaks a loud, 'Bah' and rises to stand next to Rhynarion. "Then shall we give them something to run from? Tell the cannoneers to ready the side cannons to fire." Rhynarion nods, a flourishing bow as he strides from the room to carry out his commanders will. Shardin fingers a locket around his neck, whispering to himself. "Soon.. a Black Rose will bloom here.."

10+ Year Old Account
    Just as Thorlin and the allied forces were beginning to celebrate their victory the Horde threw a nasty curve in the form of a gunship looming over Stromgarde. Thorlin and his guards ran to the protection of their tanks while the dwarven commander roared over the comm system for the anti air vehicles to fire on the gunship. Thirty anti air vehicles trained their sites on the gunship and opened fire sending clouds of flak and anti air rounds hurtling towards the looming threat.

"Sah, the airship is within range of our anti air vehicles, but just out of range of our tanks."
    "I had a feelin that would be tha case." Thorlin thought for a moment.....
    "Officer, ar the artilley still in tha field?"
    "Yes, Sah. What do you have in mind?"
    "Me tanks cant reach um but those guns can."
    "But Commanda, if they miss the gunship the rounds could hit our troops in the city!"
    "Not a chance soldier. With tha elevation that ship is at tha speed those rounds are moving, tha shells will fly over the city and inta the harber on the other side. "

Thorlin hailed the artillery over the comm.
    "Field Officer, I want me artillery pieces to target the gunship!
    "Did ye just say what I think ye said?"
    "Ye heard me ya oaf! Get those guns on that ship!
    "Immediately Sah!"

Over the course of a minute all of the 40 artillery pieces in the field were turned and trained on the gunship.
    "Fire at will!!!" A barrage of fire could be heard outside the city as the Thunderhammer artillery opened fire on the gunship.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oslight's wounds started to sap his strength. "Not even a moment to celebrate this victory and the horde are upon us. Sergeant Major Orrin get our wounded tended to right away. Burial for our dead will have to wait." The Sergeant Major gather a few men and set to work. "You there Corporal. Get downstairs right now and inform the Lieutenant Commander Fitz to do the same and get the fit soldiers to prepare for the Horde." Then Oslight shouted to the rest of his men, "Listen up! Any men not wounded and able to fight form up with Lieutenant Commander Fitz downstairs immediately. The Horde have arrived in an airship." Still in the rush of victory his men seemed eager to fight to protect their reclaimed city. Two men stayed behind to tend to Oslight's wounds and as they finished he turned to one of them and said, "Private I have a job for you. Commander Amaren needs to be informed of this latest development. Head to center of town and look for Robert. Fill him in and tell him to rush back to Refuge Pointe to inform her." The soldier nodded and ran off.

Robert marveled at the amazing ship that sailed through the air as if it was water. "What kind of magic is this...." Quickly his senses returned to him when he started to inspect the ship. The blackened plate covering it and the massive cannon resembling a black dragon were definitely not signs of the Alliance. He slung his bow on his back, "Snap meet me at the bottom," and he jumped over the railing landing on the roof below then to the ground below and sped off. Snap rushed down and landed down with a thud and rushed to catch up with. He didn't see the commanders come out of the keep so he rushed towards the Keep to inform them. Once he got to the center of the city his worries were dismissed as the dwarven guns started to fire upon the Air Ship. Then he heard cannons firing in the distance and using his new sight he saw the cannons aimed towards the Air Ship. By the light! I need to move. At this rate they will bring the Air Ship down onto the city. He started to head to the west side of the city but just then a soldier of Arathor hailed him.

"Yes?"
    "Feild Marshal Oslight has a mission for you. He wants you to return to Refuge Point as fast as possible and rely the following information to Commander Amaren. We have cleared the Syndicate out of Stromgarde and killed Lord Falconcrest. The Ogre infestation is still present but contained. A horde airship has arrived and Thunderhammer has already started the attack against it." A mixture of shock and joy covered Robert's face as he listened. "We lost a few men but will still continue to fight off this new enemy but Feild Marshal Oslight requests that the rest of the soldiers there prepare for battle."
    "Understood."

Robert turned and started off to Refuge Pointe and he motioned for Snap to come with him this time. With these new enemies I can't afford to travel alone. Who knows what is out there. Trolls, Ogres, Humans, and now Horde. I just hope the rest of the Alliance isn't like this. Then with a bit of a sigh he thought, and there needs to be a better way to communicate besides my legs. Snap seeming to read his mind grunted in agreement.

The Artillery rounds would largely fly past the massive air fortress, the flak rounds doing minor damage as Shardin speaks accross the intercom. "Engineer Smithers. Rotate Ninety degrees and load a flak round into the Dragon. Aim for the tanks." His voice boomed in a thunderous roar on the Gun deck. Smithers ran to follow the order, his assitant engineers scrambling hurriedly "Load the round you fools!" The chief Engineer snarled, his lower jaw falling unhinged on one side. As his subordinates heaved the massive projectile into the barrel, he took the wheel and made a hard turn to the left. Likely ruining the targets of the artillery. "Ready a Hellfire Incindeary next. He boomed after fixing his jaw.

Meanwhile, on the main deck Rhynarion took to his Draconic form. "Shall we make the filth flee in fear my Lord?" He thundered, as Shardin climbed into the saddle on his back. "Indeed, Let us teach them why the Banshee Queen is to be feared!" Shardined roared, his long violet cape flowing behind him as his blackened ebonplate shimmered dimly. With that, they pair took flight flying hard down towards the Artillery. Shardin snarled into the comm link inside his helm as he looked back at the now properly alligned gunship. "Where is that flakk round? I dont keep you around to shoot bunnies and daisies Smithers!" the crackle of static that greeted him was soon answered by a thunderous boom, as the Dragonesque cannon of Fist of the Damned fired a Flakk round at the Dwarven tanks. Loaded with explosive Shrapnel the round would send twisted metal, and stony debris flying in every direction when it landed. Shardin grunted into the Intercom, "Much better."

Only a few minutes later, Rhynarion would begin a low sweeping strafe over the artillery units, wreathing the land in his violet flames. The gunship would boom a second time, as a 'Hellfire' Class incindeary round would be fired in the path of the flakk round. Rhynarion and Shardin roar as one, Death comes for you, Alliance. Your light will not save you this day!" Shardin saw the second shot fire from the corner of his eye, silently reminding himself to commend Smithers for his initiative.
    Last edited by Rhynarion; 2011-05-19 at 06:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    [[I've been following Vadoor up to this point]]

Dharren Ironarm looks up into the sky, an angry frown creases his face as he realizes what he must do. He stares around at the remaining forces of the Dwarven army.

"Sir, permit me ta take some of tha Wild'ammers and we'll fight 'em ourselves on that blasted thing, it seems like a good idea that while some of tha Ironforge soldiers are fighting in the air on the ship the casters among the Wild'ammers and Dark Irons be hitting them big balloons with all we've got"

Dharren continues to look up, a single line of sweat is running down his face from under his helmet, not from the battle so far but with excitement at what he wants to do if Vadoor thinks it a good idea.
    Last edited by Sarevok345; 2011-05-19 at 07:25 AM.
    RP characters are as follows, both will blow your mind, I hope:
    (>'.')> Dharren Ironarm (<'.'<)
    _-|-_ Cythan Justwatcher _-|-_

Deleted
    While sitting on the keep she notice a big shadow that approach stormgarde while looking up she see a huge horde gunship with black armor and seemed to attack stormgarde, and then hear alliance commanders yelling. she walks further over the wall and see dwarves entering their tanks and targeting the horde gunship. " I must help them to destroy the tanks " She smiles and make her way from the keep

10+ Year Old Account
    The flak round burst forth from the mouth of the Fist of the Damned and exploded over the main street in the lower section of Stromgarde. Infantry caught in the streets were cut down by the vicious shrapnel that killed as many as it injured. The tanks and armored vehicles in the area looked akin to magnets after the flak burst. Little bits of metal cut and stuck into the vehicles and multiple places were dented by the deadly barrage. After the blast subsided soldiers ran to the cover of buildings and under tanks and vehicles for protection. Although the anti air vehicles were pounding away at the gunship the flak rounds couldn't produce significant damage to the hull.
    Thorlin yelled over the comm system...
    "Have tha anti aircraft switch tah armor piercing rounds and make sure that every damn one of them is targeting those damn balloons!"

After a minute the sound of flak rounds died off and the boom of powerful armor piercing rounds could be heard across the city. The rounds streaked into the sky directly for the balloons. Even with the armor the balloons couldn't last long at all against the barrage.

As the anti air pounded away at the gunship another round burst forth from the Fist of the Damned and exploded into the streets leaving a crater. Two tanks caught in the explosion were melted into metal heaps and soldiers caught in the blast were vaporized by the intense heat. Buildings near the crater were fully aflame with soldier trapped inside screaming for their lives.

Then Lieutenant Ironarm approached Thorlin with an idea...

"Sir, permit me ta take some of tha Wild'ammers and we'll fight 'em ourselves on that blasted thing, it seems like a good idea that while some of tha Ironforge soldiers are fighting in the air on the ship the casters among the Wild'ammers and Dark Irons be hitting them big balloons with all we've got"

"Thats a hell of ah risky idea soldier, but I like it. Tha Alliance has some gryphons roosted in the secured sector. Get over there with ur best dwarves and get airborne. Make sure tah approach tha ship from tha other side, unless you like flying through armor piercing rounds.."

((Just so you know Saverok, there aren't any Dark Irons in our forces. Also Its Thorlin, not Vadoor ))

10+ Year Old Account
    Dharren nods, and sprints off to the Gryphons, he collects the personel whilst he is there. He hops on the back of one of the gryphons and points to the gunship " Fly and lets take this ballon down afore they do some permanent damage." Wind beats at the young Ironarms legs and head as he stares around his wildhammers pilots head, they seem to be getting very close to the airship now. He stares down, veritgo grips him as flak surrounds the wildhammers nearly all of the birds avoid and they spin round to the oppisate side of the ship and the Ironforge dwarves jump down with two shamans onto the main platform and stares at the orcs in front of him.
    FINALLY SOME PROPER ACTION, TO WAR DWARVES!
    Last edited by Sarevok345; 2011-05-19 at 08:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As the Wildhammer fliers neared the enemy gunship the barrage stoped momentarily allowing the gryphon's to approach the enemy ship in relative safety. Once the fliers reached the deck the anti aircraft fire started again, targeting the vulnerable balloons once more.

The artillery in the field were so concentrated on hitting the ship above the city that they were caught unawares by the twilight drake and its rider. The drake made multiple passes over the artillery engulfing them in its volatile shadowflame. Many of the guns were melted by the flame and others were rendered useless without repairs. As the surprise of the attack quickly wore off riflemen and tank gunners brought their weapons forth to bear on the deadly duo. Rifle shots and machine gun rounds filled the air as the defenders mounted a hasty counterattack.

( How many dwarves are on the deck? And there are no orcs, only Forsaken. )

Deleted
    Razi'kale had scouted around the great stone city for hours it seemed. He had heard how fighting had once again erupted from within. This wall have held quite well for a city in ruins... It still holds its ground Razi'kale hadn't been able to find any essential weaknesses in the great city wall. He and another three hunters was now resting in the shade off the same wall they was trying to overcome. Razi'kale had ordered complete silence to avoid detection so he had time to think as he quietly chewed on a piece of dried meat. Suddenly he heard how one of his hunters let out a scream. Rage filled Razi'kale and turned towards the hunter to hit him when he saw that the hunter was pointing towards something. Over the ground a big shadow was moving. Just like the shadow of a bird.... Razi'kale quickly looked up towards the sky and what he saw what he could only picture as a flying ship. His fellow companions had now as well spotted the ship. What is that... Razi'kale shook his shoulders It does not matter... For now that don't concern us, lets move away from here
    They started moving east along the wall and could soon see the front gate. The flying ship had joined the battle in the city, Razi'kale guessed it wasn't on the Alliance side since their guns was firing without and end. Suddenly he spitted a human running out from the city. The gods smile on us He pointed towards the human and with a low voice told the hunters Take him alive, We need information They all nodded to him and took off after the human.
    Last edited by mmocce2a4e7731; 2011-05-21 at 12:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ((Only a few, about 12-15 dwarves on board and the same in the air trying to get the balloons down with their Stormhammers.))

The Young Ironarm gets his men together to fight the forsaken, as one comes close he throws his weight into a shield bash, attempting to hit it back, when he sees a Stormhammer from the shaman on board hit it directly in the face sending splinters of teeth and bone everywhere, the reanimated corpse hits the floor with a deadly thud, Ironarm stares at the shaman impressed before he turns.

WITH THE FURY OF IRONFORGE AND ITS DENIZENS

He spins his mace in his hand, and swings his mace sideways slamming it into the side of one of the undead advancing, it ducks low only to be kicked by Dharren, he hurdles backwards and lies on the floor a second before standing up. Dharren looks around for their leader, a fierce scowl on his face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Robert was about halfway to Refuge Pointe when Snap suddenly stopped. Damn an enemy now? Snap had already taken a defense stance with his jaw open and ready and his eyes darting from place to place to try and find the enemy he felt. Robert had learned from the first time he didn't trust Snap's senses and was already holding his bow ready with an arrow notched and holding steady behind Snap with his back to the cliff that paralleled the road. More Forsaken? No that doesn't make sense a ground attack would be repelled easily with the dwarf's tanks still in place. Ogres? No I am sure I would of seen them before Snap. Horde from Hammerfall could be a possibility but I was told they were mostly just warrior Orcs and with how Snap is waiting and not urging me to run he knows this was not a large force at all. 2, 3, maybe 4. Trolls made the most sense. Their force past through here not long ago they must just be scouts. Robert quickly made up his mind.

"I don't know if you can understand this trolls but leave if you know what is good for you!" Robert dared. He had already failed protecting one town he wasn't going to fail another. He focused his sight and began to watch for any movement and he drew his bow halfway, ready for attack.

Grand Engineer Smithers rubbed his temples as he tried to decide on a course of action. Shardin was out in the field, and thus he was the ranking officer on the ship. They had been boarded by a dozen dwarves, and another dozen were flying around the ship on thier accursed gryphons. Thier ballons were under assault from armor piercing rounds, and wouldnt last much longer. "If the Gunship falls under my command, Shardin will have my head on a platter; if the crash doesnt kill me first.." With that morbid thought in mind, Smithers had a sudden idea. He had always worked well under pressure, and today was no different. He touched a finger to his headset, speaking to the unit commanders. "Shadow Weavers, Execute contingency plan number seven." as an afterthought, he spoke once more. "Sortie a flight of bat riders, and get the Shadowstalkers onto the main deck. I want those dwarves exterminated."

As the Shadow-Weavers began to chant as one, linking thier wills togeather to form a single super-conciousness. With thier wills working as one being, the Shadow-Weavers continued thier chant. As thier spell took hold, Fist of the Damned was engulfed in a shadowy fog which was darker then the darkest of starless nights. The fog extended well beyond the ship itself, but within it visibility would be nullified. Two dozen bat riders mount thier nightwings, exiting the hull and flying into the sudden nightfall. The darkness was of no hindrance to the Nightwings, who sent blasts of sonic bursts through the fog in order to locate the enemy Gryphons. Two of the gryphons were hit by sonic blasts almost immediately. Stunned momemntarily, it was all the opening that the bats would need in order to latch onto the unlucky gryphons, and rip thier thoats out with vicious teeth.

From the lower decks rise numberless shadows, the forsaken assasins trained in the art of stealthy kills. The silent assassins move like soundless ghosts through the fog, drawing thier poisoned blades soundlessly. One appears to the dwarves for only a moment, grabbing a shaman from behind and pulling him back into the fog. Soon, a gurgling sound is heard as his throat is slit. They were ruthless, in thier assault.

Meanwhile as the rifleshots ping off Rhynarions dark violet scales, the Drake ducking, whirling, twisting and flipping with a dazzling display of aerial master; Shardins comm link crackles with Smithers voice. "Commander Nighthawke, we have been boarded by a small group of dwarves. We are lightly damaged, but the balloons cant take much more anti aircraft fire." Shardin frowns, his eyes picking up a female Sin'dorie making her way towards towards the tanks. Without Shardin even needing to speak a command, Rhynarion dives down to scoop the woman up in one massive claw; before flapping his powerful wings and flying back towards the Ship. "Prepare for a strategic regrouping upon my return to the ship. Take us out, Engineer Smithers." With those words Fist of the Damned began to leave the battlefield, flying through its blackened fog.

Deleted
    While suprised she get grabbed by the forsaken male dragon, she looks up and smile. " Atleast some friendly faces and dont worry about those tanks i placed some suprises for them " She laughs and then looks down to the tanks, Some seconds they fly away some bombs explode and some of the tanks set in fire and the dwarfs that where inside climbing out and flee. " Hmm it seems their explosives are not that strong enough to destroy them all "

10+ Year Old Account
    Dharren watches as two grypons to the side of the balloons are taken down and the shaman get taken out, his face contorts with anger as he unsheathes his two handed mace, earthrender, he tilts his head towards the ground and roars running forward and swinging his mighty hammer sideways catching a forsaken assassin in the chest and hurtling him off the side of the ship, he laughs a fierce laugh as he sees one Gryphon rider throw a stormhammer into a bats face, crushing its skull. His men group up behind him, with the single shaman in the middle. Young Ironarm looks for the leader amongst the group, too see nothing but shadows, but a true warrior is always using his other senses. He searches for the chanting and to seek their circle, he must remain patient... for the moment.

Deleted
    Razi'kale grunted to himself as he revealed himself to the human. He held his empty hands up before him and waved slightly to show that he didn't carry any weapons, at least not in his hands. On his back he had three short spears and fastened to his hip he had a short sword. No need to be afraid human, we not gonna kill yah. We just wanna... talk... yes tha's the word. Razi'kale looked straight at the human as he made a small gesture with his right hand to order the hunters behind him to spread out. Razi'kale put all his concentration into keeping up the cold hardened face expression that he had until now showed the human. But his heart was beating so hard and loud Razi'kale was almost afraid that the human was gonna hear it. Adrenaline pumped through his body as he watched for any movement from the human. Like spring tightened to the max his body was prepared for anything. Yah think that yah can kill all us? Razi'kale made a motion towards the hunters and they all let out a laugh, a very strained and forced laugh. Now if yah just put da bow away, none will be hurt

((Sorry for the late response Nonfictionless a bit overworked in real life ))

10+ Year Old Account
    ((np at all ^.^))

"No need to be afraid human, we not gonna kill yah. We just wanna... talk... yes tha's the word."

Robert kept his bow focused on the center troll talking. Not drawing the string back but not relaxing it either. Robert then relaxed his eyes and watched the talking troll and the one to his left through the sides of his eyes. Snap was already watching the one to the right.

"Yah think that yah can kill all us?" The troll made a motion towards the hunters and they all let out a laugh, a very strained and forced laugh. "Now if yah just put da bow away, none will be hurt."

Talk he says when he is more tensed than I. No doubt thinking how to capture or kill me right now. 3v1 he thinks, HA I guess these trolls have never encountered a turtle like Snap before, but still I have to get to Refuge Pointe and fighting will only slow me down. Robert leaned slightly on top of Snap's shell with his elbow to make it seem like he was not going to resist, still keeping his bow centered on the talking troll though.

"Fine. We can talk just like this. What do you want to know?"

Deleted
    A smile spread across Razi'kales face. He must think that I am stupid, not even humans are so weak they will just give up...
    Da dwarfs have great metal beasts... I wanna know everything! Razi'kales body was still prepared for what ever the human might think of and his attention had now as well been turned towards the turtle that the human was leaning on. I should have brought some lynxes The third hunter he had brought along with him was moving around in a big circle to cut off the humans escape route.

10+ Year Old Account
    ((I assume that was the escape route you were talking about since that is where I came from.))

"Da dwarfs have great metal beasts... I wanna know everything!" The first troll demanded as the one to the left started to move to cut Robert of from Stromgarde. Good they think they know where i'd go and they think I know about the tanks. I would just how much they assume about what is really going on. I wonder if this means they aren't with the Horde.

"Everything. Well I am afraid that the dwarfs that came here were not with me. I know nothing more than you. Is there anything else you wish to know?"