Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Exoticazz View Post
    People should start understand that legendary items have a big lore behind them, and that you can't just say let's make a quest and you pick any item you want from the list. If someone has been known to wield a legendary staff, and people get a quest for it to recraft it, it's a big difference changing the powers of the staff depending on the wielder , or just say well for you it will actually be a caster axe, and for the other it was actually a legendary mace. It has nothing to do with not being able to make a quest like that, but with any logic trying to maintain in the game. We are talking legendary's not simple questitems you can pick from a list.
    Too much lore talk for me. Why would the item have to be different weapon types? Couldn't it be a mace with different stats on it for different classes? Or do Stats make up some sort of the lore. If my Mace has Str on it and yours has Agi, does that mean the original wielder of mine was a warrior and the original wielder of your was a druid?

I think you are reading WAY too far into it when it comes to this subject. On top of that, we are talking about an item that Blizz probably wont even give to "Tanks" in general. Its ridiculous because Tanks don't need that kinda thing really. Maybe just give us a fancy looking epic item that looks cool and spins then we'll be happy.

---------- Post added 2011-09-14 at 10:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    So an easy compromise is a legendary that changes depending on who crafts it or is selectable at the end of a quest chain like Quel'Dalar.
    exactly what I was thinking in my original post on the subject. However, I would like to talk more about the actual legendary that is coming out and not this theoretical one we all seem to think way too much about, myself included.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeino View Post
    exactly what I was thinking in my original post on the subject. However, I would like to talk more about the actual legendary that is coming out and not this theoretical one we all seem to think way too much about, myself included.
    Indeed we need rumour control with facts from blue, that the article has now been removed makes me wonder if it was genuine at all.

Alright a dagger, nice. I really hope it'll be a 1.3 or 1.4 speed offhand though... It'll be a death-blow this expansion for combat spec otherwise... ... Teh gladiators is getting more and more lame, boring and just not really front page worthy. How about putting up Looking for Group for a while instead? http://www.lfgcomic.com/page/495 It at least has a STORY, and much better art.

Quote Originally Posted by calibro View Post
    Oh god feral druids never gonna get a legendary...
    Nearly all two handers are.
    So, hand of Ragnaros is a feral druid legendary.
    Even though, at the time it dropped and was useful, it didnt have any attack rating.
    Last edited by bbr; 2011-09-14 at 05:52 PM.

I really hope that thing is fake. We need legendaries that can use multiple classes. Some class-specs never had a worthy legendary before. And rogues aren't one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Xingua View Post
    Yeah, a legendary mace that had no Feral AP and couldn't proc in cat or bear form for a class that was only supposed to heal at that point in WoW....
    ^^^^^^
    this

Everyone that's saying that ferals already got a legendary obviously did not play a druid back in vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Photek View Post
    I really hope that thing is fake. We need legendaries that can use multiple classes. Some class-specs never had a worthy legendary before. And rogues aren't one of them.
    Mutilate Rogues never had a worthy Legendary either, if you wanna get into the class-spec arguement...

Deleted
    ^ Couldn't agree more.

"They might be talking about Pandas at Blizzcon."No Just No... omfg NO!

I am braziliam, sry for my english.
    LFR tool raids will be easier than normal raids, and players will get different achievements and loot...
    This is ridiculous... today is very dificult get a raid (PUG), because, today is in trade: LFM BoT, link ilevel (600 minimal), and link archivement. And with new differentiation: LFM BoT, link ilevel (750 minimal), and link archievemente (dont be from LFR)... What is diferente from a LFR to a PUG ??????????? Only the form of looking for more.... Greate solution blizzard, more one racist idea. 3 ideas: 1st archievemente, 2nd ilevel, and now LFR less than normal PUG... I made many raids in WOTLK, many raids in BC, but now because i cant up more faster (work and university), and I cant do initials raids (BoT, BH, TW4 and another alphabet soup), i dont have archivements and i dont can play raid (i dont do any in cataclysm, i have 362 only from heroics).... With more this ridiculous ideia, i will like less play wow... i playing only upping any char, any realm, any class... only for fun... i doing heroics with my main only for get itens... ty and sry for my outburst.

Stood in the Fire Constellation's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexdominus View Post
    QQ

10chars

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Nexdominus View Post
    No point QQing about pandas. There are people that like the idea and people that hate them for some (I would like to see a reason).
    Pandas will happen, it's only a matter of time...
    YOU - POOR
    ME - LEGENDARY

Bananas are my only weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Actually you seem to have forgotten that all tanks can wield either a 1h or 2h mace.

So an easy compromise is a legendary that changes depending on who crafts it or is selectable at the end of a quest chain like Quel'Dalar.

1h tanking mace... Warrior and Pally.
    2h str tanking mace... DK
    2h Agi tanking mace... Ferals

Everybody wins.
    Actually not really. Assuming they ever did what you just suggested, there would be an incredible stat advantage in favor of the 2h over the 1h.

They should create a tank 2h that has shield powas! then all tanks are happy yaaay

---------- Post added 2011-09-14 at 09:20 PM ----------

Everyone wants a legendary in all expansion, so when it's not their class QQ is coming, and ppl want that all classes have the same amount of legendaries, but the lore has to fit in, and caster legendaries are shared by more classes, because all ranged caster dps are most likely the same. They do the same, but they got different spells(some uses more dots than others), they all uses staffs, you can give casters 1h, but i dont see a reason only if it's the only possibility to fit in lore, like illidans weps, they cant be 2h maces right..Melee dps are different, we got 1h, slow and fast, daggers even only rogues use, 2h weapons. So the group is smaller, because melee dps are more varied.

Deleted
    There is absolutely no way to balance the way of making legendarys that fits to multiple classes. Example the warriors had sulfuras, thunderfury, glaives, thori'dal and shadowmourne while example the enhancement shaman has nothing. I've also seen some people wanting a feral staff, but maybe you have to look a bit outside the box. The druid class just got a legendary, it wouldn't be fair if they had another one just by next patch. And they also have Fandral's Flamescythe, it might not be a legendary but it's effect is so close-up as it could possibly be. You can't satisfy everyone okay, this patch will be a rogue dagger. And rogues won't have another legendary for a very long time while the other class/spec combinations will have legendarys.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymike View Post
    Actually not really. Assuming they ever did what you just suggested, there would be an incredible stat advantage in favor of the 2h over the 1h.
    Which would be balanced against warriors and paladins using a shield and the stat advantage that provides.

Rogue -> one if not the least played class, atm. legendary dagger -> many Rogues resub'ing. Many Rogue's resub'ing -> $Blizzard$ on a side note: pvp rogue with legendary dagger -> many QQ many QQ -> rogue nerfs rogue nerfs -> rogue worse than hunter pet in patch 4.4

Quote Originally Posted by moahrs View Post
    I am braziliam, sry for my english. This is ridiculous... today is very dificult get a raid (PUG), because, today is in trade: LFM BoT, link ilevel (600 minimal), and link archivement. And with new differentiation: LFM BoT, link ilevel (750 minimal), and link archievemente (dont be from LFR)... What is diferente from a LFR to a PUG ??????????? Only the form of looking for more.... Greate solution blizzard, more one racist idea. 3 ideas: 1st archievemente, 2nd ilevel, and now LFR less than normal PUG... I made many raids in WOTLK, many raids in BC, but now because i cant up more faster (work and university), and I cant do initials raids (BoT, BH, TW4 and another alphabet soup), i dont have archivements and i dont can play raid (i dont do any in cataclysm, i have 362 only from heroics).... With more this ridiculous ideia, i will like less play wow... i playing only upping any char, any realm, any class... only for fun... i doing heroics with my main only for get itens... ty and sry for my outburst.
    this isnt any different than any of the outburst i have but with more cursing

Quote Originally Posted by squeedwiddle View Post
    How can anybody honestly believe this? The next legendary has to go to either tanks, who haven't had a legendary in 5 yeard, or Enhancement Shamans as they've never had a legendary. (No, Hand was not a legendary for enhancement as EVERY shaman at the time had to be resto or gtfo.)

Anyway, this seems as fraudulent as the Mists of Pandaria bullshit. (It's a comic book, folks.)
    A comic book? Seriously? I've yet to EVER see a comic book that is "Computer game software; computer game discs; computer game software and related instruction manuals and guides sold together as a unit; downloadable computer game software; computer game software downloadable from a global computer network; downloadable electronic games via the internet and wireless devices; interactive multimedia computer game program;" do you even know how to read a trademark? The timing is perfect, right before Blizzcon just like the other expansions.

I play rogue and I still think making a legendary that is only good for one class is dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by i4ni View Post
    I play rogue and I still think making a legendary that is only good for one class is dumb.
    Exactly.

They said they would never make a "tanking" weapon because the audience that would acquire it is too small, so a SINGULAR class is just right huh?