10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycrus View Post
    Nicely said and agreeing 100%.

Is there any nice new information about gw2? first post got updated a while ago and wondering if arenanet revealed something? maybe some little hints or something like that, too^^
    To this and all those uninterested in the GW1 discussion: Why are you in this thread? If you're looking for strictly Guild Wars 2 Information, http://www.guildwars2.com and http://arena.net/blog/ are where you'll find the latest and greatest. If you're looking for strictly Guild Wars 2 conversation, there are a multitude of threads already within this section of the forums. This thread was once the catch-all for Guild Wars 2 info and discussion, which includes Guild Wars 1 because Guild Wars 1 -is- still relevant to Guild Wars 2. These days it's really become more of a general discussion thread where users kinda just talk about the game(s). If you want strictly to avoid the GW1 info, then don't click on the thread, regardless of how shiny or big it may be.

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    I think the whole objection to GW1 posts are people that hated the first game, and try to mentally disassociate GW2 from it.
    But the fact is, that's their problem, not mine. And if they have such an issue with people posting about GW1, then don't read it.
    And I think that the majority of your posts are blindfold generalization. Same with your generalization of people who, oh Lord, even dare to compare GW2 to WoW. I did play GW2 a little, and I do respect the game highly. And I still don't care about it in the Guild Wars TWO: The One Thread
    And how do you suggest I find out what a post is about without reading it...? Gosh, you're a really interesting guy...

Quote Originally Posted by Milanor View Post
    To this and all those uninterested in the GW1 discussion: Why are you in this thread? If you're looking for strictly Guild Wars 2 Information, http://www.guildwars2.com and http://arena.net/blog/ are where you'll find the latest and greatest. If you're looking for strictly Guild Wars 2 conversation, there are a multitude of threads already within this section of the forums. This thread was once the catch-all for Guild Wars 2 info and discussion, which includes Guild Wars 1 because Guild Wars 1 -is- still relevant to Guild Wars 2. These days it's really become more of a general discussion thread where users kinda just talk about the game(s). If you want strictly to avoid the GW1 info, then don't click on the thread, regardless of how shiny or big it may be.
    Sorry, but I can say one big "lol" to that. Why am I in this thread? Read the bolded part in my reply to the previous quote. Is the name of the thread "Guild Wars franchise thread"? No. Is it "Everything about the Guild Wars universe"? No. Basically you're suggesting me that if I want info about Guild Wars TWO, I should NOT enter the Guild Wars TWO thread. I mean. WOW! And same goes for GW1 - If you are looking strictly for GW1 info, there's a topic in this very forum that's exactly related to GW1 farming. Or to use your own quote (last sentence of it) - "If you want strictly to discuss GW1 info, then don't lcick on the thread, regardless of how shiny or big it may be, but click on the thread that is made for THIS VERY PURPOSE". Hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruak View Post
    Cause it's a forum and as such I can express my opinion on things? Not to mention your post doesn't add anything to the discussion either and is just as useless. And mind your language, please...
    Just because it's a forum doesn't mean you're obligated to post your opinion. On the contrary, most opinions are unwarranted and unwanted. Because you don't seem to grasp the concept that Guild Wars discussion is perfectly acceptable in a Guild Wars 2 thread. They tie into each other and even if they didn't, there's not much else to be said about the game since we're not receiving a continuous stream of new information. The thread would either die out or we would end up being redundant and I'm sure that would grate on more nerves than the current discussion. My language is just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Doesn't that go both ways?

Don't compare GW1 to SC if you want to compare it to anything compare it to the old Warcraft games.

And honestly I don't care if you or even trollsbane (that's right he might be a mod but he's still just a user) don't care for GW1, no matter how you look at it GW1 is relevant to GW2, it's the same world, there's lore and important characters and more there, hell most GW2 skills are in GW1 as well and last but not least the HoM is shared with GW2 and quite a lot of people have picked up GW1 for that reason.

EDIT: Obviously I meant no disrespect to trollsbane, I just meant the relevance of GW1 is indisputable.
    I've had some rough disputes with you in the past but I wholeheartedly agree with your post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Dude stop reading the thread then, it is at it's always been just use the rest of the forum instead.
    It's funny how no one had any problem with us talking bout GW1 HoM stuff in this thread for months until all these new posters showed up with the forum change.

Let's talk about global warming and politics and religion.

How about not. If you're going to post, please contribute to the discussion. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2011-10-03 at 06:11 PM.

It's funny how no one had any problem with us talking bout GW1 HoM stuff in this thread for months until all these new posters showed up with the forum change.
    Generalizing again, are we? The fact that someone doesn't make 5 posts per page automatically means a new poster, right? Just for the record, been following the thread long before GW received a subforum. I just decided to post it now as it has accumulated over the months. Problem?

I can't "not" read the thread as this is the most updated and most discussed GW2 thread. And it servers a good purpose - to combine all bits of info and discussions about GW2 in the same place.

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    Just because it's a forum doesn't mean you're obligated to post your opinion. On the contrary, most opinions are unwarranted and unwanted. Because you don't seem to grasp the concept that Guild Wars discussion is perfectly acceptable in a Guild Wars 2 thread. They tie into each other and even if they didn't, there's not much else to be said about the game since we're not receiving a continuous stream of new information. The thread would either die out or we would end up being redundant and I'm sure that would grate on more nerves than the current discussion. My language is just fine.
    Sorry, but who are you exactly to tell me if I should or should not post my opinion? And how can the thread "die" when it's a sticky? And how exactly would the reduction of posts "grate on more nerves"? What will exactly make people nervous then? You're talking like posting in this thread or seeing new posts in it every hour is like a life-saving drug haha. MUST. GET. MORE!

Oh, and yes, why are you bothered with my opinions and how am I derailing the thread? According to your own words you can ignore my posts Why so agressive?

Remind me when the game's out to collect data about your realms in order to not roll a character there, thanks ^^

This thread has had leeway in what is allowed since it's a holdover from the Video Games forums where multiple topics weren't allowed. The conversation drifted to GW1, which is perfectly fine. If you don't want to read a discussion about it, don't read the posts discussing it, they won't be removed from this thread. If you can't post constructively or politely, then don't post at all. - Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2011-10-03 at 06:14 PM.

The thread title is Guild Wars 2 - The One Thread, so why can't it contain posts about the original Guild Wars as they are closely tied together? The thing is that you can get all the information on the official sites, this is just a place to discuss things regarding news and the game/universe.

Deleted
    Wow, dont u guys have something else to do ebside bashing other people? poorly rly, i just wnated to know if there is something special and the gw2 blog isnt presentating all new things, sometimes the community finds out special little things, happens all the time...and just cause i agree with 1 guy doesnt mean you must come up with a big "1 hate that comment" answer. it only shows that you are mad, or angry, or both or i dont know, just negative things<,< and gw2 discussion doesnt mean gw1 HoM discussion, it doesnt rly bothers me either but who are you to forbid me to agree with something, wow...
    its always the same, if someone doesnt agree with all the things a grp of players is saying, they need to bahs them. but do they try to look at other worlds? no and infact, you guys posting here all the time are the minority of the minority and alot of players share other opinions. so calm down, say things politely, treat othe rhuman beings nicely and lets be happy...
    Last edited by mmoc6ae49969ab; 2011-10-03 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruak View Post
    Sorry, but who are you exactly to tell me if I should or should not post my opinion? And how can the thread "die" when it's a sticky? And how exactly would the reduction of posts "grate on more nerves"? What will exactly make people nervous then? You're talking like posting in this thread or seeing new posts in it every hour is like a life-saving drug haha. MUST. GET. MORE!

Oh, and yes, why are you bothered with my opinions and how am I derailing the thread? According to your own words you can ignore my posts Why so agressive?

Remind me when the game's out to collect data about your realms in order to not roll a character there, thanks ^^
    I don't believe I told you whether or not you should post your opinions, just that it isn't always necessary or wanted. Being "stickied" does not make a thread impervious dying because of a lack of attention, interest, etc. Are you even reading my posts? Or do you just see what you want to see and go from there? I'm talking about us repeating the same information about the same one game again and again which would eventually annoy people. For example; if I ask everyone here to tell me what class they're choosing and then the next day someone else does and the day after that another person does, how long do you think it's going to take before people get irked to the point of leaving?

Who said I was bothered with your opinions? You're derailing it by not discussing the subject of the thread (i.e. Guild Wars/Guild Wars 2) and pressuring others into responding to your poorly thought out posts. I'm not aggressive and you're right, I could but I make a habit of putting people into their place when they're wrong.

Trust me, I would be more than happy to avoid people like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycrus View Post
    Wow, dont u guys have something else to do ebside bashing other people? poorly rly, i just wnated to know if there is something special and the gw2 blog isnt presentating all new things, sometimes the community finds out special little things, happens all the time...and just cause i agree with 1 guy doesnt mean you must come up with a big "1 hate that comment" answer. it only shows that you are mad, or angry, or both or i dont know, just negative things<,< and gw2 discussion doesnt mean gw1 HoM discussion, it doesnt rly bothers me either but who are you to forbid me to agree with something, wow...
    its always the same, if someone doesnt agree with all the things a grp of players is saying, they need to bahs them. but do they try to look at other worlds? no and infact, you guys posting here all the time are the minority of the minority and alot of players share other opinions. so calm down, say things politely, treat othe rhuman beings nicely and lets be happy...
    Your post hurts my eyes...

Read my reply above yours, this is the Guild Wars 2 - The One Thread, it will contain anything about GW2, this includes the HoM and GW1, so suck it up or create a thread that has only the "new discoveries" of the community.

Look at what happens when ANet gives us nothing for 2 weeks, we start to cannibalize our own!

So much hate, I actually think it would be a good idea to have a separate thread for GW1 for people looking for assistance/guidance/builds/etc, I know we already have the HoM thread.

On the other hand, this thread is also more of a legacy thing now that we have the whole subforum, so why bother raging about the content? It just begs for off-topic discussion and trolling now since it has 0 direction and unlimited scope.

There, did I solve that little spat for you guys? If you even bothered to read this that is. We're on the same side here fellas. Remember there are no factions in GW2!

Why is there so much hostility?

until all these new posters showed up with the forum change.
    Who cares if there a new poster? Isnt it good to show more people GW2 and your not going to get anything for having more posts in what is now a general discussion thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Who cares if there a new poster? Isnt it good to show more people GW2 and your not going to get anything for having more posts in what is now a general discussion thread
    That's taking what I said well out of context.

That's taking what I said well out of context.
    You complained about new posters disagreeing with the "veterans"

I think all of the GW1 talk should be kept in separate threads due to how little it relates to GW2 unless your talking about lore, I just never said anything because there was the one thread and anytime someone made a new thread for HoM it died off because people were used to posting in this thread about it. But now we have a whole sub forum and theres a active Hom thread

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread, as well as the giant TOR thread, are awarded a slight bit of leeway in regards to posting. Being that for a long time, this was the only thread that this game could be discussed in, it's been allowed to entertain a certain amount of off-topic and general chit chat.

And it would be silly of us to change that now.

There is an entire forum now for any specific postings we need. Those threads will remain on topic at all times, or we'll step in. This super-thread on the other hand is grandfathered in.

That said, understand this: This tight community of posters in this thread needs to unsharpen their fangs a bit. You are rabidly obsessive with this thread and I can't blame you. But don't gang up on people who don't agree with you. You know what happens when someone comes in here to troll you. We handle it and ask that you not respond to them. This latest argument was silly to put it mildly. A user expressed his desire to talk about GW2, instead of GW1. And attacked he was! I posted saying that I actually agree with him, but due to having GW1 things lapse with GW2 things, we were allowing it to continue as is. The relevance is there. It's the same with people talking about Knights of the Old Republic in the TOR thread. It's not the same game, but there is relevance.

The discussion should have stopped there. It didn't.

So now, this is me telling you that the discussion ends here.

There is a HoM thread that should be used to talk about that. Still, we're not going to slap you if you mention it in here. But we certainly don't want to see a page or 2 devoted to HoM talk when there is a specific thread for it. That isn't the point of this thread.

We understand that some of you don't care to go out of this thread because it's akin to a home you built. That's fine. We're not asking you to. We are asking you to stay semi on-topic though. This thread is still the most popular source of GW2 info on the site, and I'm sure you can understand how frusterating it can be to "outsiders" coming in to learn about GW2, only to hear about your personal HoM accomplishments.

Don't reply to this. Just do as we are asking. If you want to discuss it further, feel free to PM me.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-10-03 at 05:51 PM.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    You complained about new posters disagreeing with the "veterans"
    I don't care if people disagree with us.
    What I said was that we have been talking about GW1 here for months, then suddenly someone new shows up and says to stop it and we're meant to obey them?

IMO, just lock this thread, it's no longer relevant anyway.

IMO, just lock this thread, it's no longer relevant anyway.
    Agreed. The main point was to provide information on the game, but, with the OP currently MIA, a whole other thread has been made to fulfill that role. All other discussion seems to be going on in several different and new threads, and other new threads can always be made.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread isn't going to be locked, so just drop that thought. =)

Fair enough but I don't think it needs to be stickied.

10+ Year Old Account
    ?

This isn't meant to be rude, but the whole "I'm taking my toys and going home" thing isn't going to get you what you want. Frankly, I can't even understand the thought behind it. If you feel that this thread no longer suits your needs, then just stop posting in it. Don't impose your views on others and ask that it be closed for whatever reason you deem appropriate.

This thread IS staying here. It's stickied because of the info and the community. You don't have to agree, but at least respect it.