Quote Originally Posted by Novar View Post
    Seeing rg3 news pop up everyday with 3-4 articles is making me really start hating these networks. How about some playoff coverage, we already know what's going on.
    My team is still in the hunt this year, but I'm almost as excited for next season when the top 10 headlines on sports sites aren't all about Luck, RG3 or Wilson... It will probably continue next year, but I'm hoping since it's a "weak" draft class for many of the positions it might not be so bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    you kidding? its gonna be nothing but talk about sophomore slumps

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Yeah it's gonna be a lot different. Teams will be able to find ways of shutting down Alfred Morris and Marshawn Lynch, forcing RGIII and Wilson to beat teams with their arms. I don't think either of them will do badly, but I highly doubt they get the same production. On the flip side, I do expect Luck to get better now that he's effectively carried the entire offense on his shoulders for a season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Steelers release Chris Rainey, after he gets charged with battery, for slapping his girlfriend.

If it were any other team, I'd call that stupid, but the Steelers have like 19 running backs anyway. I do want to see him play somewhere. He's no Doug Martin or Alfred Morris, but he's fast as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol Harbaugh confirmed that Akers is their number 1 kicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    If it were any other team, I'd call that stupid
    I dunno. People like that sometimes just aren't worth it, especially if they're not physical superstars.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    There wasn't that much talk about Cam's slump this year, they will have someone else they are obsessed with next year.

Cowboys interviewed Monte Kiffin. Makes the 4-3 switch rumor look much stronger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Tebow won't be in Jacksonville next season after all.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

Honestly I could see him trying the role of a Aaron Hernandez tight-end, getting the ball to him quickly and letting him get some yards after the catch. The guy's a bitch to tackle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7OpSgG_CUI

Steelers release Chris Rainey, after he gets charged with battery, for slapping his girlfriend.

If it were any other team, I'd call that stupid, but the Steelers have like 19 running backs anyway. I do want to see him play somewhere. He's no Doug Martin or Alfred Morris, but he's fast as hell.
    the steelers very very very rarely hold onto players with criminal histories. The Rooney's do not like cut ups in the organization, the options are fix your shit or get out.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post
    Looks like Tebow won't be in Jacksonville next season after all.
    "I can't imagine a scenario where he would be a Jacksonville Jaguar,"

If it wasn't more than that, I don't see anything that says "Tim Tebow can't play QB", which was the tone of the article. He can't, but that's not the point. Spinning words not good. Don't take any opinions from Yahoo seriously unless you want to have a brain aneurism

10+ Year Old Account
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ob-chudzinski/

Looks like Cleavland is still dumb. All the other teams are waiting till playoffs are over and such to scoop up coordinators it seems because the market is so thin otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ob-chudzinski/

Looks like Cleavland is still dumb. All the other teams are waiting till playoffs are over and such to scoop up coordinators it seems because the market is so thin otherwise.
    It's spelled "Cleveland".

Hahaha his name is Chudzinski. That sounds like a fucking nickname for some drunk fat boy.

Chudzinskiiiiii!!

10+ Year Old Account
    "The latest coach of the Browns has been employed twice before by the team, as tight ends coach in 2004 (he served as interim offensive coordinator for the final games of the season) and offensive coordinator from 2007 through 2008. Both prior stints ended ultimately in failure."

Nothing about this sounds good at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    sounds like Browns football to me

I wonder when Jim Brown is going to shoot their current owner.

Can't it be Sunday already? Bleh, slow week football come now.

10+ Year Old Account
    "I can't imagine a scenario where he would be a Jacksonville Jaguar,"

If it wasn't more than that, I don't see anything that says "Tim Tebow can't play QB", which was the tone of the article. He can't, but that's not the point. Spinning words not good. Don't take any opinions from Yahoo seriously unless you want to have a brain aneurism
    I could care less about the article. That quote was the only important/useful info in it anyway. It's not like it's from some "un-named source". It's directly from the teams new GM.

On Thursday, when Caldwell was introduced to the Jacksonville media, he was asked the elephant-in-the-room question about Tebow [...] Would Caldwell be willing to bring Tebow home to Jacksonville [...]

"I can't imagine a scenario where he would be a Jacksonville Jaguar," Caldwell said. A reporter, apparently dumbfounded by the directness of the response, even asked Caldwell to repeat that quote and Caldwell did.

Boom.
    I'm sure there will be those who will point to Khan's (team owner) past comments where he's gushed over Tebow, but I can't see him hiring a new GM only to immediately override him on personnel decisions. He could have just hired a guy that said he liked/wanted Tebow ... but he didn't. That's about as "... from the horse's mouth" as you can get.

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 04:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Logonov View Post
    the steelers very very very rarely hold onto players with criminal histories. The Rooney's do not like cut ups in the organization, the options are fix your shit or get out.
    ^ This.

The Rooney's just don't like bad apples, period. It's why they didn't keep Joey Porter ... or Santonio Holmes ... or Plaxico Burress.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post
    The Rooney's just don't like bad apples, period. It's why they didn't keep Joey Porter ... or Santonio Holmes ... or Plaxico Burress.
    or Ben Roethlisberger