Page 14 of 72 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    Now think, who is the good guy here?
    IMO? The NRA. I'm sure these liberals believe they are doing the right thing here- they WANT to help- but they aren't behaving rationally.

The second amendment is by no means outdated, and definitely not the first.

There's no need to insult people or groups of people in this thread. I'll be pretty happy with my infraction button if insults continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleros View Post
    This.

Even the conservative supreme court justices said that the second amendment only applies to militia (aka the military) and thus why it is illegal for civilians to own fully automatic military grade weapons.

It's already been well established by the supreme court and others that the second amendment doesn't fully extend to common civlians, but rather they have decided to allow civilians to bear arms based on the fact that the second amendment was established to allow for protection of the people, and self protection is a part of that.

I do believe people need to learn their civics a bit better before coming here and shouting RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS.

Also, I've said this a lot, but nobody has EVER replied to it. I'd like for SOMEONE to recite the 27 amendments to the constitution from memory (not looking it up). I doubt many of the gun nuts know more than the first, second, and fifth amendments.

Heck, if someone could tell me which amendment REPEALS a previously enacted amendment (from memory, not looking it up), I'd give you a gold star.
    the 21st repealed the 18th. i had to confirm it tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaingo View Post
    There is no why and how. This administration is using the deaths of children, absolute propoganda btw, in order to further an agenda that has been talked about for 4 years. This is not a recent development, it's just an opportunity to play with the publics emotions using poor innocent children. That is even more appalling to me than what happened at Newtown. I lost my Grandmother in an armed robbery at a retail store, and her death was no less important, except those deaths can't be used as leverage. Had she had her 38 on her at the time, perhaps she could have enjoyed Christmas with us.
    You know, most people don't think of murdered 6 and 7 years olds as "absolute propaganda". They see murdered children. It only becomes regarded as propaganda because some people think that something they like might be taken away from them as a consequence of it being abused to kill these children.

It's hard to get around the argument of trying to prevent innocent children being murdered, and so naturally the recourse is to declare the argument as invalid in some way, like labeling it propaganda. It's laughably transparent to everyone what gun advocates are trying to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Well to be perfectly honest, I fail to see why the governament shouldn't have comprehensive datebases regarding it's citizens. Said databases are used for Census and Taxation reasons. Further more in general they are used to provide adequate infrastructure such as transportation, sanitation, distribution of law enforcement and emergency services as well as disaster relief and emergency supplies.

They are also used to provide communications infrastructures to set up electoral and administrative agencies. Further more the governament registers citizens traveling across the country and outside national borders...you know in case shit happens to them, aid can be provided, or if they have pending legal problems they cannot escape the civil and penal courts.

Beyond that, public databases are available to know who owns what and drives what, lives where in case crimes are commited by them or against them, the proper agencies can respond. Beyond that criminals and felons are tracked and registerd to ensure they don't commit new crimes. You know like the public list of sex offenders. (I know, I know owning a gun is not the same as being a sex offender.)

But the fact is that simply knowing who owns what guns and how many can't harm anyone. Even more communications across health agencies and law enforcement ensures that people who are unfit to own guns don't get their hands on guns.

I mean how else are you supposed to avoid someone diagnosed with for exemple a depression obtaining an assault rifle?

The only meaningful thing in that whole list is emphasis on improved communication betwen the variety of existing agencies and a need to keep a better record on what people do with their guns. You know so you don't have a bunch of guns out there available to crazies.
    Less than 1% of guns used to commit a crime are legally registered. So yes, clearly a database of LAWFUL gun owners will solve the problem of unregistered and/or illegally acquired firearms.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    There is a world of difference between $15 a month... which is the cost of like a lunch nowdays... and hundreds and hundreds of dollars on a rifle.
    Which is irrelevant as you have no idea how much disposable income he has. And besides -- you are telling someone you don't even know how to spend their money. I don't imagine you'd appreciate it if the shoe was on the other foot.

---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 02:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post
    UNCONSTITUTIONAL
    Given that a conservative leaning supreme court declared it constitutional, you may want to drop this out of your rant.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    You know, most people don't think of murdered 6 and 7 years olds as "absolute propaganda". They see murdered children. It only becomes regarded as propaganda because some people think that something they like might be taken away from them as a consequence of it being abused to kill these children.

It's hard to get around the argument of trying to prevent innocent children being murdered, and so naturally the recourse is to declare the argument as invalid in some way, like labeling it propaganda. It's laughably transparent to everyone what gun advocates are trying to do.
    Unless of course, you realize that "Noah Pozner" never existed, (even though he has a tribute page and they even take donations! Oh and the domain was registered 4 days before the supposed shooting.) or that "Nick and Laura Phelps" are actually Robert and Jennifer Sexton, a married couple, both actors, from Florida. Or that "Emilie Parker" met Obama 2 days after she was supposedly killed.
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    Less than 1% of guns used to commit a crime are legally registered.
    This is a pretty misleading statistic, since most states don't register guns in the first place, even for legal sales.

Less than 1% of guns used to commit a crime are legally registered. So yes, clearly a database of LAWFUL gun owners will solve the problem of unregistered and/or illegally acquired firearms.
    I think you answerd that yourself. If all guns were legally registered then it would be easyer to trace them. If crimes are commited by unregistered guns...it means you need to register all of them and put an end to the circulation of illegally owned firearms. I mean those guns aren't made in someones garage.

Somewhere betwen manufacturing and sale they lose track of them. And that's a substantial problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post

Did you see the press conference? And you think it is ok to use a segment of our society to leverage your view, when they have no real understanding of any of the issues at play? I have 2 children of my own, and yes it would be terrible, but on the other hand I would NEVER allow my children to be used in the way that they were today.

Unless of course, you realize that "Noah Pozner" never existed, (even though he has a tribute page and they even take donations! Oh and the domain was registered 4 days before the supposed shooting.) or that "Nick and Laura Phelps" are actually Robert and Jennifer Sexton, a married couple, both actors, from Florida. Or that "Emilie Parker" met Obama 2 days after she was supposedly killed.
    right.. its all a conspiracy.. better get your guns and start shooting cause da gubberment is out to get you!

Quote Originally Posted by Eowenn View Post
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datab...crime-us-state

Please... Don't say you "know" something when you don't.

Those numbers are from the FBI.
    You should learn to comprehend what you read. He was pretty much on the ball with his post.

On a side note. I thought it would be worse than this. Seems Barry-O has taken a different route. No way id give up my guns. Protecting my family and what we worked for is more important to me than he is.
    Last edited by xuros; 2013-01-16 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaingo View Post
    Did you see the press conference? And you think it is ok to use a segment of our society to leverage your view, when they have no real understanding of any of the issues at play? I have 2 children of my own, and yes it would be terrible, but on the other hand I would NEVER allow my children to be used in the way that they were today.
    just because you think its "unfair" doesnt mean its not true. there is innocent blood on the hands of gun lobbyists.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    I think you answerd that yourself. If all guns were legally registered then it would be easyer to trace them. If crimes are commited by unregistered guns...it means you need to register all of them and put an end to the circulation of illegally owned firearms. I mean those guns aren't made in someones garage.

Somewhere betwen manufacturing and sale they lose track of them. And that's a substantial problem.
    And how will you get people that illegally own their guns to register them? Go house to house conducting unconstitutional searches? Requiring all future sales to be registered does nothing to solve the "illegally owned" issue, based on the fact they're illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    just because you think its "unfair" doesnt mean its not true. there is innocent blood on the hands of gun lobbyists.
    ROFLMAO!!!!

Typical liberal, don't blame the mentally ill lunatic that actually committed the crime, blame someone else. Do you EVER take responsibility for any of your actions?

And how will you get people that illegally own their guns to register them? Go house to house conducting unconstitutional searches? Requiring all future sales to be registered does nothing to solve the "illegally owned" issue, based on the fact they're illegal.
    sure it does. if its illegally owned it will be confiscated. it will take time, there is no magic button fix.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoweye View Post
    Nothing like having our civil liberties tramped on.
    Nothing like having people that can't read is more like it...
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    sure it does. if its illegally owned it will be confiscated. it will take time, there is no magic button fix.
    Confiscated how? How will they find it? They can't legally search the home, the Fourth Amendment prohibits it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    Do you EVER take responsibility for any of your actions?
    This is a problem on both sides of politics.
    Forum badass alert:
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    ROFLMAO!!!!

Typical liberal, don't blame the mentally ill lunatic that actually committed the crime, blame someone else. Do you EVER take responsibility for any of your actions?
    no never, you got me. its thanks to lobbyists that the mentally ill fall through the cracks when it comes to gun ownership. such as the virginia tech shooter, who could get a gun because it was "unfair" to do a full check on him.