The Elder Scrolls: Online not allowing mod support is like not allowing you explore the whole world, that'd be insane. The two facets that make TES what it is.

Oh wait!
    Last edited by vizzle; 2013-01-27 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    I think ESO will be a massive success, it's by the looks of the most "unique" MMO since WoW. SWTOR tried to copy WoW, had no addons support etc. The list is long and the biggest letdown, it was quite boring after hitting level 50. Had they copied WoW right, like Rift did, it would have been a success. No doubt.

What I hope TESO will include:

- Addon support. I don't want to wait for devs to make QoL additions that random nerd-guy can write in a week. And he probably does it better than the devs as well.
    - Open world. I really hope we get to explore the whole world on our main character. I don't want to have 3 characters to see the world.
    - Better casters than Skyrim. Casters were not as well made in Skyrim as other builds. I love casters and will always play one. I really hope they pull it off.
    - An intuitive trinity system. GW2's dying mechanic was, to be honest, really bad. There needs to be some kind of order to fights vs. NPC's. Some sort of trinity is needed.
    - The PvP in the introduction video to be real. That video almost blew my mind, THAT is what PvP is supposed to be like. That got me to really want this game. Now.
    - Kill cams. Difficult to pull off in a natural way though, but I really want them.
    Devs said they dont want a cluttered UI as they feel it breaks immersion. So i doubt we will be seeing addon support.

Deleted
    You must be new to TES if you think that modding is core part of it.

Nobody really modded original 2 games, yet they were great and allowed new 3 games to happen. And even those were perfectly fine without any modding.

When i played WoW i used Recount, DBM and Healbot. Recount wasnt needed for me as a player but was cool to look at but not something i needed to play the game. DBM was really helpful with timers since all of the boss encounters follow specific timed events and it made it easier for me to keep track of what was going on. Healbot i couldnt heal without. Just wasnt going to happen with my keyboard setup and how i play the game it would take too long to click ppl from raid frames and press skills. I wouldnt have ever healed without healbot.

That being said im perfectly ok with there being no addons in game. Ive never modded my elderscrolls games i play them as is. PPL mod those games to get more out of them and thats fine. I however appreciate the devs work on the original and dont want to mess with the game they intended me to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    I think ESO will be a massive success, it's by the looks of the most "unique" MMO since WoW. SWTOR tried to copy WoW, had no addons support etc. The list is long and the biggest letdown, it was quite boring after hitting level 50. Had they copied WoW right, like Rift did, it would have been a success. No doubt.

What I hope TESO will include:

- Addon support. I don't want to wait for devs to make QoL additions that random nerd-guy can write in a week. And he probably does it better than the devs as well.
    - Open world. I really hope we get to explore the whole world on our main character. I don't want to have 3 characters to see the world.
    - Better casters than Skyrim. Casters were not as well made in Skyrim as other builds. I love casters and will always play one. I really hope they pull it off.
    - An intuitive trinity system. GW2's dying mechanic was, to be honest, really bad. There needs to be some kind of order to fights vs. NPC's. Some sort of trinity is needed.
    - The PvP in the introduction video to be real. That video almost blew my mind, THAT is what PvP is supposed to be like. That got me to really want this game. Now.
    - Kill cams. Difficult to pull off in a natural way though, but I really want them.
    One of the things I really liked about TES games (Not the main, but still important), was the minimal UI it had, it had everything you needed and that was perfect.
    Last edited by Komoxiz; 2013-01-27 at 01:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    You must be new to TES if you think that modding is core part of it.

Nobody really modded original 2 games, yet they were great and allowed new 3 games to happen. And even those were perfectly fine without any modding.
    Well the latest two games modding was a core part of the experience. I'll be quite honest, without the mods they are fairly mediocre and generic games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    That being said im perfectly ok with there being no addons in game. Ive never modded my elderscrolls games i play them as is. PPL mod those games to get more out of them and thats fine. I however appreciate the devs work on the original and dont want to mess with the game they intended me to play.
    It's not appreciating anything if you don't mod. The devs had to make compromises to make the game work on almost any computer and even console which means bad textures, few NPCs etc. lots of mods increase their quality without changing them much. Then there are the bugs and the glaring balance issues..
    I wouldn't touch mods that aren't immersive and dont fit either though such as asian flying ships and guns and cars.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they don't allow modding/addons, it's the start of digging their own grave.

I'm looking forward to this game, but I am not expecting anything at all, as all we get are fail MMOs these days, nothing can compare to WoWs fluid gameplay (I hope to be proven wrong).

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    nothing can compare to WoWs fluid gameplay
    What do you mean by that? If you mean control responsiveness then I agree, it's very good. Otherwise the gameplay doesn't really stand out to me compared to numerous other games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Well the latest two games modding was a core part of the experience. I'll be quite honest, without the mods they are fairly mediocre and generic games.
    Over 500 hours in Skyrim, never touched a single mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    If they don't allow modding/addons, it's the start of digging their own grave.

I'm looking forward to this game, but I am not expecting anything at all, as all we get are fail MMOs these days, nothing can compare to WoWs fluid gameplay (I hope to be proven wrong).
    Wrong. Lots of games dont allow modding/addons and are very successful MMO's.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Wrong. Lots of games dont allow modding/addons and are very successful MMO's.
    That's not the point; this is TES, a franchise where the games have mod followings. It'd be like opening a McDonald's that doesn't sell burgers. Yes, there are plenty of successful restaurants that don't sell burgers, but McDonald's is supposed to.

TES online won't have the kind of mod support the single player games have, I almost can guarantee that.

Although player created content would be awesome, I haven't read or heard anything that says it will allow that here.

Deleted
    {Snipped myself. I don't want to, nor should I, start that debate again which fortunately died out many pages back. Let's hope more people skip past the post I responded to without paying notice so we can continue having constructive and creative discussions and conversations. I'm sorry to have wasted your time with this post}
    Last edited by mmoc1f48e0f23e; 2013-01-27 at 03:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a pretty good video where they are talking about modded content. They come up with some pretty good ideas. I'd hope ZeniMax listens to them and adds it in at some point.

Live Free...

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    That's not the point; this is TES, a franchise where the games have mod followings. It'd be like opening a McDonald's that doesn't sell burgers. Yes, there are plenty of successful restaurants that don't sell burgers, but McDonald's is supposed to.
    You can't attempt to compare the single player modding to the MMO modding. It's going to be completely dimished/watered down in the MMO regardless in comparison to the single player. There's no way in hell they'll be allowing for player made quest lines and graphical enhancements.

The most you can expect is UI mods which, if they do it right, won't even be necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    You can't attempt to compare the single player modding to the MMO modding. It's going to be completely dimished/watered down in the MMO regardless in comparison to the single player. There's no way in hell they'll be allowing for player made quest lines and graphical enhancements.

The most you can expect is UI mods which, if they do it right, won't even be necessary.
    Yea, of course it won't be nearly as extensive as anything in an offline single player game, but there should still be some sort of modding imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no way in hell they'll be allowing for player made quest lines and graphical enhancements.
    A tad disappointing but not much they can do. Even a simple hair mod is impossible as mods of course are installed client side. Unless you only want the hair showing for you? :/ Doesn't really work. I would like the box kept open for simple UI mods though.

There's no way in hell they'll be allowing for player made quest lines
    Actually yeah, there is. There are already games that allow players to create content within the game (EQ2 and STO, CoH had it as well), and Neverwinter is going to have much more support for player created content at launch.

There's absolutely no reason that they couldn't allow for various forums of user generated content, and honestly at this point I don't think it's wise to leave that out of MMO's in the future. Developers will never create "enough" content for everyone, so giving players the tools to create content for themselves is a great way to not only give creative players an outlet and a fun activity, but to give others access to far more potential content to experience.

Deleted
    If they impliment a wardrobe or a transmog system, I hope they will allow us to hide everything we want to. The Wardrobe of Rift (if you add shield and weapons) would be perfect. You can hide everything, and have multiple different sets safed.

I also hope, they will add the visibility of rings, amulets and necklaces. It worked for necklaces in aoc, so I hope they will start to give us that feature.
    Also there should be things like backpacks, quivers on our back.