The portal gem would bring you more wealth over time then selling it in the short term. It one of the most lucrative items in the game short of a Mirror if you know how to use the gem.

There\s this monkey. It stunned me for a very long duration. I was very frightend.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The portal gem would bring you more wealth over time then selling it in the short term. It one of the most lucrative items in the game short of a Mirror if you know how to use the gem.
    Yea I figured that Getting 3 gems early on was just to temping (One of them was lesser projectiles witch helped me alot at the time)

Anyway will be interesting how gems, items and stuff gets valued inn like 1 month. Seing that POE dont have an AH like Diablo3 and not that many people playing, I think most items will keep having value for quit some time.

Nothing more screwed up than taking 2-4 month break inn Diablo3 and your gear is almost nothing worth anymore xD
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kay this person tried to scam me but PoE has a full proof trade system haha he kept closing the fucking screen for like 4 times in a row I put in the item he puts it he then takes it out and waits for me accept however PoE detects it if you fuck with the trade it locks you out haha

What a joke

In the continuing adventures of my shadow archer I have found that the fork gem does work with bow skill gems even though they don't have the projectile tag. poison arrow + fork makes for some amazing AoE

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Yea I figured that Getting 3 gems early on was just to temping (One of them was lesser projectiles witch helped me alot at the time)
    You traded a super rare, wealth generating gem for 3 [likely] quest gems ? o_O

Biggest issue with trading that I see is that everyone is out to screw everyone currently so no one is posting prices which leave basically everyone clueless to what items are worth. It will sort it self with time I'm sure but as it is right now it's kinda sad to watch and take part in.

If anyone wants to add me, I think my name is Sweetanarchy. :P If you need any help with a boss or guidance in life.

Biggest issue with trading that I see is that everyone is out to screw everyone currently so no one is posting prices which leave basically everyone clueless to what items are worth.
    I love that about trading! It's cutthroat. You gotta be shrewd, It rewards the savvy and perceptive.

Just the other day I bought a Voll's for 2 chaos and sold the Voll's for 3 Regals. Then traded the Regals 1 at a time for Shiversting, 4 chaos, 1 Silverpinch and 2 rares.

I have been selling a level 10 quest gem for a week for 1 chaos orb a piece. It takes less than hour to do this. Because all these noobs are dumb as rocks.

This is what I lived for in Diablo 2; POWER TRADING.

I love that about trading! It's cutthroat. You gotta be shrewd, It rewards the savvy and perceptive.

Just the other day I bought a Voll's for 2 chaos and sold the Voll's for 3 Regals. Then traded the Regals 1 at a time for Shiversting, 4 chaos, 1 Silverpinch and 2 rares.

I have been selling a level 10 quest gem for a week for 1 chaos orb a piece. It takes less than hour to do this. Because all these noobs are dumb as rocks.

Thats kinda nasty.

10+ Year Old Account
    How important is trading? With all of this talk it sounds like it might be difficult getting what you want. Which is funny, after hearing about how much loot drops. Is it mostly useless loot?

On a side note, as I was playing I was wondering why nobody was talking in chat. Turns out I turned chat off back in closed beta. Have to say, it makes the game a lot less lonely when you have a discussion on fast food going on in the background.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Not completely correct, but I can agree that AoE abilities are most prevalent type used.

How does this differ from other ARGP's though? D2, D3, Torchlight, Torchlight 2. All these games function by throwing groups of mobs at you, frequently large groups. You use your AoE abilities to clear them out more often than not.
    doesnt help that most games have long cooldowns my rangers rain of arrows only flaw is mana regen and even then if your killing things fast you can just spam mana pots

its alot easier to just solo the game rather than rely on groups

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 11:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    How important is trading? With all of this talk it sounds like it might be difficult getting what you want. Which is funny, after hearing about how much loot drops. Is it mostly useless loot?

On a side note, as I was playing I was wondering why nobody was talking in chat. Turns out I turned chat off back in closed beta. Have to say, it makes the game a lot less lonely when you have a discussion on fast food going on in the background.
    since veryone ninjas like mad trading is really your only option unless you solo the game and dont care for grouping

Quote Originally Posted by Niku View Post
    If anyone wants to add me, I think my name is Sweetanarchy. :P If you need any help with a boss or guidance in life.
    I could use guidance in life...or help with Merciless Piety in the future would be ok too.

Definitely look into trading, especially if you have a build that needs drop-only gems.

Global chat the first week was full of low levels dying and spam from all the disconnects the first week. So if you had it turned off, you missed nothing

How important is trading?
    Super important? It's key to acquisition and continuation of your character power.

It's highly, highly impractical to assume one would be able to fully reach the end of progression without trading. It is possible. But would be so costly and time consuming, one would not even reach it.

Even with my own immense wealth, I could not reach "perfect" gear.

Thats kinda nasty.
    That's trading on the edge!
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-02-01 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xigor View Post
    I could use guidance in life...or help with Merciless Piety in the future would be ok too.
    I\ll solo that for ya. ;D With my eyes closed. Upside down.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could use help with Normal Vaal Oversoul. >.>

I'm not saying it's all bad, sadly as it is currently not even the perceptive new player can get in to it properly without making a massive effort scanning trade chat while being annoying asking for prices while reading the trade forum to build a basic understanding of what's worth what and how they all relate.

As I said though, I'm sure it will be a bit more open in time where one can get situated with a reasonable amount of effort, as it stands now though closed beta players with the know holds all the cards.

I love the trading, the wheeling & dealing. The uptown shuffle.

Who run barter town?

I could use help with Normal Vaal Oversoul. >.>
    Hardcore or softcore?

Wow. That's quite a stash you have there.

I'll solo that for ya. ;D With my eyes closed. Upside down.
    Done deal!