Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    What if they luck out and get 100% Thunderforged within one week? What if they don't? Loot is random, some guilds might hit the jackpot and get perfect upgrades, other get worthless junk. Too much randomness in this new tier - and that's even ignoring that top guilds always kill stuff with lower ilvl.
    They addressed this, kind of. Someone suggested that Thunderforged be turned off during the race and the response was that weapons provide a bigger DPS swing than TF will and those have always been a drop for some and not others. Part of the game.

Maybe it would've been better to just have Normal and Heroic gated in two 6 boss sets to pace the race and give raids an extra week or two to farm gear, so it's less of a "who got good drops" race and more of a "who can figure out a strat and execute it the fastest" race. Less worries about undergearing and less 500 attempts before a kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Miraclous View Post
    Hold on, you think Blood Legion can do 2 full heroic clears in 1 week so they can get 30 extra attempts on Ra'den, while progressing in the earliest weeks? Don't think so.
    Yes, they can.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Source: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...3929?page=3#58

For all of you passing this attempt counter off as nothing more than an alt raid maker, think again.
    For example, envy requires you to have 3 characters fully geared and ready to raid on the same level as you're main.
    Think again m8

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    For example, envy requires you to have 3 characters fully geared and ready to raid on the same level as you're main.
    Think again m8
    yea and all 3 of everyone's characters will be 12/13H in 2-3 weeks lol

10+ Year Old Account
    5.1: "What, 5.2 already!?!? TOO SOON! Look at the tiny percentage of guild who are 16/16H!!! We need more TIMMEEE!!!!!"

5.2: "OMG Ra-Den is 30 attempts per week. This is a HUGE issue for the community!!!

Look, folks... if only a tiny percentage of the community ever clears all bosses in heroic then BY DEFINITION, Ra-Den is an issue for a really small percentage of the players. Yet we have 17 pages, most of it probably from people who will never be 12/12H and thus never have to deal with this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by MordorFires View Post
    They addressed this, kind of. Someone suggested that Thunderforged be turned off during the race and the response was that weapons provide a bigger DPS swing than TF will and those have always been a drop for some and not others. Part of the game.

Maybe it would've been better to just have Normal and Heroic gated in two 6 boss sets to pace the race and give raids an extra week or two to farm gear, so it's less of a "who got good drops" race and more of a "who can figure out a strat and execute it the fastest" race. Less worries about undergearing and less 500 attempts before a kill.
    gating the content and releasing it on different dates? NO just no. T14 was the most boring race ever with raids coming out in different weeks. t11 was the best race ever with 13 bosses released at the same time, let the hardcore heroic raiders bash theyr heads on bosses its allways most fun to follow such progression

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    You missed the quote from blues, reposted in this very thread, where they admit it was a bad idea? And now it returns, without any changes at all - how exactly is it any better?
    Not only did I miss it, I also think there wrong. I am glade there bring this back.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    5.1: "What, 5.2 already!?!? TOO SOON! Look at the tiny percentage of guild who are 16/16H!!! We need more TIMMEEE!!!!!"

5.2: "OMG Ra-Den is 30 attempts per week. This is a HUGE issue for the community!!!

Look, folks... if only a tiny percentage of the community ever clears all bosses in heroic then BY DEFINITION, Ra-Den is an issue for a really small percentage of the players. Yet we have 17 pages, most of it probably from people who will never be 12/12H and thus never have to deal with this issue.
    True. Most here will never see him inteal last patch or next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love that people who will never even see the boss feel the need to add their input.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    OT: Ra-den is shaping up to be a pretty hardcore encounter. Here's hoping he'll still be standing next Christmas.
    O.o

Uhhhh, if it's up that long from now I'd call it a pretty big failure :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miraclous View Post
    For those that have done 12Hc bosses and want to finish the tier as quickly as possible, this means you can't finish it as fast as you'd be able to if you just had unlimited attempts.
    what did you just write? makes no sense

---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 10:57 AM ----------

You missed the quote from blues, reposted in this very thread, where they admit it was a bad idea? And now it returns, without any changes at all - how exactly is it any better?
    think YOU missed to read the blue posts saying that applied to NORMAL bosses not "optional" or "hc only" bosses

---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 11:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    I think the ONLY boss I've had more than 30 attempts on was Elegon N at around 44. Everything else was 20 or less, and I'm 9/16H.

I personally don't care unless he's overtuned :P
    I´ll bet 1 Million Dollars you did NOT spend under 30 attempts on bosses that were unknown to you. Watching guides + videos and just doing exactly what they are doing in those isnt really doing anything but copying. Having the word attempts put into this scenario is just pointless.

Ra-den has been confirmed by a blue to be simpler then heroic Lei Shen though, it's probably mostly the limited attempts that make him hard, if that's possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thehordemage View Post
    yea and all 3 of everyone's characters will be 12/13H in 2-3 weeks lol
    I never said all 3 and maybe not even envy who took a whole 5ish weeks to clear this tier, damn slow ppl
    There are guilds that raid 16 hours a day nonstop during progression until its over.

You think they wont have an alt raid up, capable of also clearing 12/12, if that what it takes to win the race? lol

I don't see how this is even a problem for any but the world class guilds going for world firsts.

If you're in an average raiding guild (as in probably top 10000 or so) you most likely get into some heroics every tier, but you won't be fighting the heroic only end boss for a long time. When you do, do you really expect to need 30 attempts per week? Let's say each attempt lasts 4 minutes, plus 4-5 minutes of reset time to get back, buff up, talk strategy and pull again. At that point, you're going to get maybe 5-6 attempts an hour. Unless you're planning on working on the same boss for 6+ hours per week, this isn't ever going to affect you.

If you're in a competitive world first guild, it just adds an extra element of competition. You can't just keep throwing bodies at the boss until it dies. You actually have to put some thought into attempts to get the most out of them.

Ultimately, I like the idea of a heroic only boss with limitted attempts per week. It just adds an exta element to hardcore raiding without really doing something that impacts the average raider in a negative way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurzior View Post
    I don't see how this is even a problem for any but the world class guilds going for world firsts.

If you're in an average raiding guild (as in probably top 10000 or so) you most likely get into some heroics every tier, but you won't be fighting the heroic only end boss for a long time. When you do, do you really expect to need 30 attempts per week? Let's say each attempt lasts 4 minutes, plus 4-5 minutes of reset time to get back, buff up, talk strategy and pull again. At that point, you're going to get maybe 5-6 attempts an hour. Unless you're planning on working on the same boss for 6+ hours per week, this isn't ever going to affect you.

If you're in a competitive world first guild, it just adds an extra element of competition. You can't just keep throwing bodies at the boss until it dies. You actually have to put some thought into attempts to get the most out of them.

Ultimately, I like the idea of a heroic only boss with limitted attempts per week. It just adds an exta element to hardcore raiding without really doing something that impacts the average raider in a negative way.
    Yes, because there are only two types of guilds, world first guilds and top 10,000.

Deleted
    I dont see the issue with 30 attempts per week.... 30 attempts is still quite alot tbh.

Deleted
    well, ra-den world first kill will pretty surely go to an asian guild, since they have a lot more attempts on him per week than we do.

once they kill lei-shen 25m heroic they will have unlocked ra-den. then they split up their raid team into 3 or more 10man groups and work on a valid strategy for ra-den in 10man practising the fight and testing out things. keep in mind: asian guilds have separate 10m and 25m lockouts, so doing this won't affect their 25m mainraid at all. they will effectively have 90 - 120 attempts per week (depending on how many 10m groups they are going to do this with; for example: 2 10m groups: 2x30 attemps in 10m + 30 in their 25m main raid) where the europeans and us guilds will have 30 per week. good job blizzard, it's really fucking ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Bartwentyfive View Post
    well, ra-den world first kill will pretty surely go to an asian guild, since they have a lot more attempts on him per week than we do.

once they kill lei-shen 25m heroic they will have unlocked ra-den. then they split up their raid team into 3 or more 10man groups and work on a valid strategy for ra-den in 10man practising the fight and testing out things. keep in mind: asian guilds have separate 10m and 25m lockouts, so doing this won't affect their 25m mainraid at all. they will effectively have 90 - 120 attempts per week (depending on how many 10m groups they are going to do this with; for example: 2 10m groups: 2x30 attemps in 10m + 30 in their 25m main raid) where the europeans and us guilds will have 30 per week. good job blizzard, it's really fucking ridiculous
    I bet they never thought about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartwentyfive View Post

i don't see how EU/US can actually "race" Asians for world first, different lockouts as you've said allowing more tries, more gear, then all gear being 8 item levels higher, under half the reset time for the raids, it's completely different they don't have the same rules they shouldn't be in the race.

It's good change for EVERYONE.
    If you're someone who will never do Ra'den(casual or someone who just do not want to do it no matter why), then what's your problem?
    If you're someone from a guild who will try Ra'den, then it's good for you, you're fighting with HARDEST BOSS(I mean with 30 attempts only) right now and no one said it's going to be easy.
    If you're someone from Hard-core Top guild, then just try to kill him as fast as possible? If your guild can't, it means that you're not good/skilled enough, simple.

Everyone has the same chances, so stop crying about it, really.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2013-02-19 at 11:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    So he's not actually going to be hard? Well ok I guess.
    I don't think they said he wasn't going to be hard, he just wont be as hard (complicated???) as Lei Shen. Numbers might still be pretty high for him.