Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh snap son 2 burns in one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    I realized today that I never posted a real-world example of how the Cherry MX switches may sound. So, here's an example of how it can sound for an average user... say... like... Deltrus.

[.video=youtube;GhF_o6vU2N0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhF_o6vU2N0[/video]
    I was trying to hear the keyboard sounds but I guess someone on my street has a HAF X.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The ironic thing is Deltrus is a drummer...

Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    I was trying to hear the keyboard sounds but I guess someone on my street has a HAF X.
    It's probably just Deltrus.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Did you mute the mic to make that video?
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    Did you mute the mic to make that video?
    Nope. It's on as always.
    "A flower.

Hey guys, another random computer question for y'all. :P

So my landlord is having issues connecting to my wireless internet. I had originally had an issue in the past with some of the settings not matching up...I can't recall exactly what the problem and/or solution was, but I *had* fixed it before. Anyways, she says that the past week she can't connect to the internet. I'm not knowledgeable about this kind of stuff, so I'll list what I've done / some things that I saw:

I tried hitting "repair" on the connection, it told me "Could not renew your IP Address", and stopped.

The Diagnostic Tool said "Wireless Security Settings in this computer don't match the settings on the router or access point". Come to think of it, this was the issue a while ago. It was just...well, it feels like it was years ago. Currently it's displaying as:

Network Authentication: WPA-PSK [I remember that the connection is "WPA", but what's "PSK"?]
    Data Encryption: AES

Let me know what information you all need, and how I can obtain that information, and I'll gladly supply it. I'm just not sure what to do at this point. Thanks in advance, computer wizards!

10+ Year Old Account
    PSK stands for pre shared key, aka a password

You need to go into your network and sharing center, then go to your wireless networks, and delete the one that won't connect, it's trying to use old settings to connect,

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, i had no idea how good the Allshare option was from samsung.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1241811-Media-PC
    Was gonna build a media PC for my parents to watch my movies/series. Seeing as we were thinking of getting rid of the plasma-tv (500W....), think i'll just have them buy a samsung smart-TV. Works like a charm D:
    Just have the software running on the server, and you can just connect with the TV and browse the computer. Hit play and watch. It supports all types of codecs.

Anyone know what could cause gpu suddenly heat up for a moment? I was just browsing internet (no animations or anything like that open). Suddenly I see on my monitor some slight flickering (I got very old monitor and whenever gpu is on high load screen flickers slightly). Then fans start going faster. I open program that monitors, heats, fans, ect. and gpu heat is rising. It went from about 35C to about ~60C and fans just speed up to cool it down.

Then it all stops. It lasted about 25seconds. Considering it started at exactly when clock was 1:00 and stopped about half minute later I started wondering, if it was something that should happen sometimes. I'm still curious so I'm asking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Anyone know what could cause gpu suddenly heat up for a moment? I was just browsing internet (no animations or anything like that open). Suddenly I see on my monitor some slight flickering (I got very old monitor and whenever gpu is on high load screen flickers slightly). Then fans start going faster. I open program that monitors, heats, fans, ect. and gpu heat is rising. It went from about 35C to about ~60C and fans just speed up to cool it down.

Then it all stops. It lasted about 25seconds. Considering it started at exactly when clock was 1:00 and stopped about half minute later I started wondering, if it was something that should happen sometimes. I'm still curious so I'm asking.
    You're really better off posting an actual thread asking this in the computer forums, but since we're here...

What are all the specs of your computer you are aware of?

For example, these are my specs:

CPU i5-2500K@4.6GHz
    GPU MSI Twin Frozr II GTX 560 Ti
    16GB 1333MHz RAM
    etc etc
    "A flower.

I didnt want to make a new thread about it since it seemed a small question. I'm just interested what could make gpu suddenly start working like its on extreme load while there is seemingly nothing to do. It also lasted a short moment and it didn't ever heat up past what it usually does when under heavy load. Here are the specs anyway...

cpu: Intel core i5 3570k
    gpu: geforce gtx 670
    mb: ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    ram: 8gb 1333mhz

10+ Year Old Account
    I've also seen this happen (gtx670). MSI afterburner giving me spiky GPU loads when i'm AFK
    then when i press windows+D it goes to 0%. Not sure what is causing this. Do you have steam?

Folks, I want to remind everyone that this is not the place to ask questions (see the OP). You'll get better advice if you actually make a new thread in the computer forum, regardless of question "size".
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2013-03-17 at 01:35 PM.

Ah...sorry then. I thought the exact purpose of computer chat thread was just so that the actual forums didn't get filled with small questions. (I, of course, didn't read the first post of this chat thread)

I'll make an actual thread about it, if my curiosity about it doesnt go away.

Trying to integrate a Windows XP computer into a Windows 7 homegroup is such a pain in the ass.

I can now access the WinXP laptop from my computer, but not the other way around.

So, what do you guys think of the 4770K preview? Little underwhelming right? Think I'm staying on the Z77 platform until 2. generation Haswell is out, seems too small an upgrade.

I think it's a solid improvement, and makes me glad I skipped LGA1155.
    What is alarming is the lack of some protocols on the K-models though; But I could always run a home-server on a Xeon-lga1150 I suppose.

I'd never have recommended anyone to go from even an i3 1155 to an i7 1150 either way. It'd just make no sense for just one generation, even smaller sense than 1156 -> 1155.
    What, today, CPU-caps you anyway?
    Only reason I'm going to go upgrade is because of my motherboard being poop. My CPU is more than amazing.

Deleted
    aye , however wasn't the main focus of haswell improving TDP and intergrated graphics?
    i just hope it will show some decent 3770k chips on the second hand market so i can can rest assured my rig is unlimited performance wise. (not like the pci-e 2.0 is a worrysome bottleneck in the first place)