Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kojoo86 View Post
    you shouldnt feed a tr**l but anyway...
    I dont understand how this thread can be discussed any further, when in fact blizzard made the change, knowing what the outcome would be and has stuck by it. All classes have profited from it one way or another. Especially from a PvE standpoint is has been a refreshing change in Quality of Life for hunters and the Raid as a whole. To be quite frank, not only the hunter has profited from these changes...

The solution to the T.Os issue is very simple L2P. Thats it.. nothing more, nothing less... Honestly instead of QQ about why you fail at playing ur class, maybe you should ask in your class forum, why it is that you are failing, even if it is to a particular class... duel and practice.. maybe... Just a thought, instead of trying to suggest changes that would evidently nerf the other character to compensate for your failure to master your class, perhaps you should rather spend time and work on ur skill.
    I Will work on my skill if you work on your reading mmmkay?

I find hunters hard to counter in situations with not enough los. Its not that I cant kill hunters its just that they do so much damage and the only way to counter it is los. So they have been weaker in the past this does not constitute anything or give any entitlement. Currently either some of their gap openers are redundant cause they are purely offensive. The moment you can use all your ccs offensively is when people need to look at classes mages, rogues hunters say hi!

So this topic was just intended to discuss possibilities for a nerf, but obviously all the hunters on this forum got better at pvp overnight.

L2p do you mean always being better skilled than someone? Hunters are borderline right now just look at the rofl thug cleave comps. And compare em to rls

Sure introduce it. but mages have to have it too.
    Stop complaining that you cant steal masters call and hump us in melee range anymore, mage.

---------- Post added 2013-04-01 at 02:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Had a terrible game tonight against a thugcleave, so came back to whine, two changes to hunters:

1. Remove Readiness (and Cold Snap, and Preparation) - if the classes need reduced cooldowns after that, that's absolutely fine - but having all their cooldowns back to back is definitively unbalanced.

2. Possibly remove Intimidation from BM, it's silly.

3. No minimum range, it's dumb. (since this is not a change, it's still only two changes, if you were counting).
    I agree with removing cooldown resets, they're stupid, and honestly just that would balance BM imo, as it would stop the double kill command + blinkstrike + triple BW etc combo. Minimum range is not fun for hunters, balance else where, nobody likes being literally unable to do anything to the mage/warlock/healer hiding behind his pillar. at least casters can fake cast <_<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by joepesci View Post
    I still feel that I am at a disadvantage when fighting SPriests, with all my tricks and CCs and 3 trinkets and everything else a BM Hunter has. In the end it's still SP > BM Hunter in 1on1.
    I feel the exact opposite. With 3 trinkets, you will never be CC'ed by the priest, unless you've been severly outplayed, where as with the nerf to phantasm, you can CC the priest with everything you have. Even if he managed to stay alive through the burst race, he will still go oom eventually. So you have the upper hand on the control of the fight, then you only have to chain deterrance, feign death, silencing shot, intimidation. You'll have roughly 100% uptime on the priest, and he won't have it on you. With the tools mentioned, aswell as scatter shot, you'll interrupt his mind blasts and stop him from ever getting his ramp up for damage. He will have to play defensively throughout the fight.

Given equal skill, gear etc, the fight would be even if you didn't use stampede or readiness, but otherwise BM>SP in my opinion.

Caster tears are so delicious.

User received infraction for trolling.

So this is trolling yet the OP isn't? Clueless mod is clueless, and probably plays a Mage.
    Last edited by Hallu; 2013-04-01 at 03:47 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hallu View Post
    Caster tears are so delicious.

User received infraction for trolling.

So this is trolling yet the OP isn't? Clueless mod is clueless, and probably plays a Mage.
    Why is it so hard to understand? Hunters are in an extremely good place right now which is not fine, cause it is more so against casters than melee.
    This forum was merely to discuss the possibility of reintroducing min range ( which in all fairness does not make as much sense as removing cold snap, readiness, prep. But it was merely an idea, as you can see the forum is mostly filled with sp's and warlocks ( judging by names and avatars ). Furthermore it does not matter which class you play.

Please just try and look at the issue objectively and don't just go full retard and try and attack me or mods cause you fear they might have a point.

Deleted
    Whats the bet he plays a mage or a SP?

Mod edit: If you have nothing constructive to say, say nothing.
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-04-01 at 04:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by R0AM3R View Post
    Whats the bet he plays a mage or a SP?

Mod edit: If you have nothing constructive to say, say nothing.
    I play warlock, if you truly wanted to know you could have tried reading and interpreting the name that has both hints of Infernal and Imp which are both exclusive to warlocks. So yeah please continue your constructive feedback and explain why CB is op or why Hunters have always been UP or how the ladders do not reflect the implied opness.

Hunters no longer have a melee weapon slot, so not going to have a melee only range.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    Sure introduce it. but mages have to have it too.
    Stop complaining that you cant steal masters call and hump us in melee range anymore, mage.

---------- Post added 2013-04-01 at 02:45 AM ----------

I agree with removing cooldown resets, they're stupid, and honestly just that would balance BM imo, as it would stop the double kill command + blinkstrike + triple BW etc combo. Minimum range is not fun for hunters, balance else where, nobody likes being literally unable to do anything to the mage/warlock/healer hiding behind his pillar. at least casters can fake cast <_<
    They should just go back to having readiness as an MM only ability or an MM and Surv ability. BM hunter already complain about too much stuff to do at the beginning of a fight(although I have no problem with it since Ive been doing it since readiness want MM in Wrath). Then they could also reduce its CD to 3 min to line up with rapid fire. It was only 5 min because of BW anyway.

The only thing I can say about min range is I prefer it to stay the way it is. I would only agree to put it back in if we had our max range raised to something like 60 yards and better damage reducing cds that let us attack at the same time.

Is a shadow priest really crying about any other class in the game right now?

Mod edit: Please post constructive.
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-04-01 at 05:45 PM.

I'd just like to be able to use something other than BM for once. The spec is clunky, and the skill requirement was minimal. While the other two specs were monotonous, you didn't have to rely on blowing a CD every chance you got just to get the upper hand. I want MM pvp back.

The problem is that hunters seem to be immune to changes in design philosophy whenever it might negatively affect them. What really makes BM shine is its pet stun and extra 1min PvP medallion. Most specs' defining utility abilities like those were made classwide as a baseline ability or a talent, yet BM holds onto its spec-specific gems while taking in the other specs' previously unique abilities like silencing shot and readiness. Blizzard recently conceded that cooldown reset abilities are inherently overpowered, yet while cold snap and preparation only give back defensive abilities readiness can still reset purely offensive abilities and CCs. I don't know what's going on with hunter design, but it seems like it's inconsistent with the rest of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    If minimum distance is introduced for hunters, it can be introduced for all ranged classes too. That would be fair.
    Sounds good to me. Also, all arena matches and BGs will start with both sides standing right on top of each other.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joepesci View Post
    I still feel that I am at a disadvantage when fighting SPriests, with all my tricks and CCs and 3 trinkets and everything else a BM Hunter has. In the end it's still SP > BM Hunter in 1on1.

In 3on3 God Comp is considered one of the strongest setups, and it's caster only.

Hunters need buffs.
    Are you sure u time ur cc right?;p cus my 2.1 k hunter friend is destroying me sometimes if he times right.

Tbh,I like the idea of romoving abillities that reset other cool downs. It's a bad concept and it causes many QQ/balance problems etc.. (uhum prep)

And i agree if this would happen that they should remake most of those abilities.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    The problem is that hunters seem to be immune to changes in design philosophy whenever it might negatively affect them. What really makes BM shine is its pet stun and extra 1min PvP medallion. Most specs' defining utility abilities like those were made classwide as a baseline ability or a talent, yet BM holds onto its spec-specific gems while taking in the other specs' previously unique abilities like silencing shot and readiness. Blizzard recently conceded that cooldown reset abilities are inherently overpowered, yet while cold snap and preparation only give back defensive abilities readiness can still reset purely offensive abilities and CCs. I don't know what's going on with hunter design, but it seems like it's inconsistent with the rest of the game.
    I wholeheartidly agree, I doubt most hunters even like Bm as much, just like playing demo at the start of the expansion was merely cause it was OP. Blizz keeps introducing abilities exclusive to classes to other classes. Rogue weak lets give em prep, Wlock want extra trinket ok. Hunters always were between a melee and a ranged caster and had loads of utility, but now for balance and quality of life purposes they are just melee that use bows, I think it's a shame for the class. Blizz should just revamp cc like the revamped talent trees. Making everything baselines creates imbalance as opposed to solve it.

Deleted
    Minimum range requirement certainly gave a higher skill cap to hunters as well as diversity in game play. Why remove it in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Reavy View Post
    Minimum range requirement certainly gave a higher skill cap to hunters as well as diversity in game play. Why remove it in the first place?
    pve i think was the their main reasoning behind it. hunters lost much more damage then casters did while stacking for various effects because a caster can cast no matter where he is, a hunter has to contend with minimum range.

personally? i understand why they put it in, but that doesn't mean i like it. its really idiot proofed hunters, good hunters, good ones who knew how to kite and keep even the best melee at a distance were terrifying, now that they can continue to deal damage a bad hunter can just tank a melee's damage with out having to move, and still continue to deal full damage.

you can't punish bad hunters for letting you into their melee range anymore, and you can't reduce a hunter's damage output the way you can with a caster through pushback and interrupts. they are effectively uninterruptable casters.

my idea for a solution would be to have hunters have a greater chance to miss the closer they are to their target, in melee range they can still land shots, but their ranged expertise would have a huge handicap on it meaning that their shots will have a much higher chance of missing then they would if they were 20 yards out.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Hunters are casters that can't be interrupted and that deal physical damage instead of spell damage currently. Either let us interrupt Shots or have a deadzone. As it is, you have the best of everything; Running while casting by baseline, only spell-pushback, no possibility of being interrupted, no speed/casting speed decrease while running. Every other caster has at least some condition for any of that, be it a CD, passive or only for so many casts.

I suggest interrupting shots since at least that will limit your Focus regen, thus requiring you to kite and not backpedal while chaining shots between focus dumps.

Deleted
    The only nerfs hunters need is BW individually, and BW in conjunction with Readiness, though not without compensation.

This nerf would "fix" BM and more importantly, it would revive the other two specs, which just cannot compete with triple trinket, no way they can.

I would like to get "Mend Master" (including glyphs etc.) as compensation, the exact same spell as Mend Pet, but working from the opposite direction ;-)

10+ Year Old Account
    i actually agree with the op 100%. it really is horse shit they took it away after seven years. its not like melee can get to a good one anyway, and if they do they just lol-deterrence, disengage, readiness and do it all over if you even brush up against them.