Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I like this model way better than the old one...having the quest go through the whole expansion was an awesome idea. I dunno how the fuck people can prefer 0.1% drop off a boss thats only for 1 class too. Not to mention as healer we've only had 1 legendary while a class like rogue have had 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    So what you're saying is that since not as many people saw the content nor had enough time to experience it and you got to out o luck that makes the item special?

...really?
    Weird huh. When something is rare it is more special. Gold is rare also so that's why it's so valuable in the real world. That's how things work.

Besides that clearing BT when it was current content is far more special than your weekly LFR clear. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Caylis View Post
    Yeah awesome during progression if RNG hasn't screwed you dry and left you 2 patches behind on getting the quests done... yeah fan bloody tastic concept.
    If you're 2 patches behind on getting the quests done, it has NOTHING to do with RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    So what you're saying is that since not as many people saw the content nor had enough time to experience it and you got to out o luck that makes the item special?

...really?
    Not luck. I wasn't lucky to raid BT. It took time, and dedication, and a lot of hard work to clear TK and SSC, I didn't get carried to Illidan.
    I got to see Illidan because I was dedicated and put in the effort and my guild were good enough as players to reach and kill him. And that is something special.

It's not the item that is special, it's what you go through to get the item that is special. Getting to Illidan required skill, teamwork, and coordination. Getting the cloak requires patience and dedication. 0 skill needed.
    Last edited by Eyechewer; 2013-07-08 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Runecapeman View Post
    In terms of getting the legendary, [Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest] from Firelands was the best. I'm sure everyone that played during Firelands can agree.
    In terms of art and creativity, I like weapons. Cloaks do nothing for me. Especially these ones.
    I really, really hate how LFR heroes get legendaries at the same speed as heroic raiders too.
    Couldn't agree more.

Honestly I think they should just get rid of the idea of legendary items.

This is perfect proof that even when everyone gets them they create drama. If only a few get them it creates drama. At the end of the day it is only drama in the form of complaining, crying, or fighting. Take your pick but they all suck.

I mean who really cares if it is a cloak, ring, weapon, or whatever. But anyone that was really expecting a weapon was merely wishing for what they wanted most. Doesn't sound overly practical to give everyone the BiS weapon more or less randomly but at the same time automatically as a pat on the back for playing the expansion. I totally understand that this legendary has been the most work anyone has ever done for a legendary. It really has. No other one took a whole expansions worth of effort to achieve. But it also had no real hurdles or road blocks minus of course RNG on drops that even in the worse case scenarios pan out as long as you keep pushing forward and the push isn't that challenging. You could que for LFR and AFK for 20-30 mins as long as you keep up with the group and get it.

At least it has a special proc. Good stats is too boring for a legendary. That cloak just might last a while into the next expansion, I guess.
    Mother pus bucket!

Things I like about it:
    I like that it's essentially lasted the whole expansion.
    I like that there's a huge story line to it.

Not so positive thoughts:
    I've never raided seriously, and have never had a legendary in current content.
    As an observer the cloak doesn't feel legendary to me, but none of them have since probably Val'anyr. When I think of legendaries I think of status symbols even if it means it makes people special snowflakes. In lore you have legendary figures with their legendary weapons and they're synonymous with each other. If you were to give that weapon to everyone in Stormwind it'd lose it's luster. It's really great that everyone has an opportunity to obtain one, and it's great that this system has probably prevented guilds from breaking up, but is it really going to feel worth it having guilds full of people in a city with the legendary? Do you feel like a legend having this cloak?

I'm not a big fan of it being a cloak especially when none of them really match any of the tier sets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjelpen View Post
    So stop playing then, im sure the other 7 mil subs that dont whine om mmo champion is very happy with getting a legendary.
    5 million of which belong to China from which blizzard does not get as much as from EU/US.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I think it's well documented you dislike LFR. You know what though? I can destroy most LFR arguments with just a few words. I find it fun. I actually do. Then I go on to raid normals and find those even more fun. I suppose it helps that I'm a social butterfly and don't look down on everyone around me and actually talk to people though. You'd be surprised how much nicer things get when you chat to people. Not everyone is going to just call you a douche.
    And I am a casual player btw...

As for doing the quests, I probably won't in reality. My sub runs out in a couple of days and I'm taking a break until 5.4. I've not stopped playing WoW since my first break in TBC. Time for a rest for a little while

Truth is, people would bitch and moan no matter what it was or how you got it.
    Except this has nothing to do with me disliking LFR. It's a fact that LFR takes barely any effort (that's why they added LFR because players didn't have time to put into organisation or wipes and even reasonable knowledge of classes and mechanics) and this makes your statements in your other reply sound ridiculous.

Okay let's say this legendary quest chain takes the most time to complete. But to get glavies during TBC you had to kill many bosses (on normal to hard difficulty, far from LFR) and do attunement quests to even get to Illidan. I think I can safely say that took about a whole expansion long to get there. But ofcourse you will argue everyone got carried and bought them...
    Besides that you had to spend a lot of time to organize a guild, which btw everyone underestimates and takes for granted.

Those quests were also a lot more fun than MoP's legendary quest chain which requires you to basically do the things you were already going to do anyway and have been doing for months already.

I've always liked questlines that span entire expansions, because they provide back story and a sense of a flowing storyline rather than a series of unrelated events. Attunments back in TBC were fantastic in concept, but they only failed in that it was a roadblock for anyone starting late to participate at all, and required guild effort to catch an individual up. WotLK, while a great expansion in terms of execution, failed at this - we go to northrend to fight the Lich King, but in the end get sidetracked by the Titans and dragons for no apparent reason after literally fighting our way to his doorstep... and when we get done with that, the first thing we do is... hold a Tournament. Cataclysm was even worse.

As such, I like the concept of legendary quests being personal achievements rather than guild ones, and I like the idea of them tying entire expansions together. The legendary questline has been going on since the start, and it ties in to the plot of the instances. I feel like there's a reason we've been doing everything we've done since we landed on Pandaria, and the side plot with Wrathion keeps that in focus.

I'm a little disappointed they went with cloaks rather than weapons, simply because weapons have much better flexibility in terms of graphics and animations. Cloaks, as many have said, are something that I mostly turn off because they really aren't very "cloak" like. Capes at best - cardboard trapezoids taped to your back at wost. The neat animations help (although the other three Celestials need to step it up a notch to keep up with Yulon), but the legendary itself is somewhat anti-climactic, no matter how much you tell yourself that there's really no difference between a proc from your weapon slot, and a proc from your cloak slot.

TL;DR: Method of delivery is great, but cloaks are a little meh.

I like them. A cloak with a baked in Trinket effect is pretty awesome.

People complaining baffle me, especially the ones who say they'd rather there was no legendary at all.

And people complaining about there being too many legendaries so its a meaningful concept now, well... Others say the same thing about Epics. I don't care. The cloak will still be reasonably uncommon at first, and people will start to get it in larger numbers. It'll be like any of the Legendaries we have now. Nearly every Rogue had Fangs of the Father in Cata, for example (hyperbole, I know, but they weren't hard to get at all).

Plus classes capable of having the legendary don't need to be 'balanced' to account for it.

Deleted
    In a general sense, I like the idea of the quest line, but I don't see what's so legendary about it. Also, cloaks... seriously do not look good in WoW. Even with the effects, it looks really bad imo.

On a more personal level, I'm annoyed because I don't really like this expansion and I haven't played constantly since it came out. And I hate LFR so much I refuse to do it, so I'm never going to finish the chain. I'm still stuck on the first bit, so it's basically LFR or nothing, as no guilds are running MSV anymore. Disappointing.

If they wanted to make it more inclusive, why not do something with crafting and make that interesting for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Hell no. Looks like shit. A whole expansion for something that looks that bad is not fine. In fact it's a waste of my time to even do the siege part of it.
    Then don't?

If the only reason you played and will raid is for loot, then... Well, what can I say?

Deleted
    All the proc effects look awesome except Xuen's one, It's a shame you can't pick and choose the effect/design of the cloak..

I'm happy it's a cloak. Why would everyone get a legendary weapon to complete a simple quest line?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's Blizzard's own fault that the community feels a Legendary Cloak isn't a "real legendary." Mainly because they have had it be a weapon for so long now, and we all know how this community takes change.

Personally I don't care if its a helm, cape, ring, or weapon, or if there were no legendary item at all. In 6.0 or 6.1 if we go back to "gather 50 of these, pay 10,000g" and you'll have a legendary weapon, instead of a nice thought out quest chain that lasts an entire expansion, yes that will be much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    I like them. A cloak with a baked in Trinket effect is pretty awesome.

People complaining baffle me, especially the ones who say they'd rather there was no legendary at all.

And people complaining about there being too many legendaries so its a meaningful concept now, well... Others say the same thing about Epics. I don't care. The cloak will still be reasonably uncommon at first, and people will start to get it in larger numbers. It'll be like any of the Legendaries we have now. Nearly every Rogue had Fangs of the Father in Cata, for example (hyperbole, I know, but they weren't hard to get at all).

Plus classes capable of having the legendary don't need to be 'balanced' to account for it.
    There will be whole raids wearing it. Maybe at the beginning they will be reasonably uncommon for LFR players but any progression raiding guild will have almost all of it's members wearing it.

Legendaries shouldn't be uncommon anyway. They should at least be rare. The naming of items in WoW is just weird now because "uncommon" (green) items are in reality very common and "rare" (blue) items are arguably uncommon (no not really, you are wearing almost full blue gear during leveling and "heroics" in MoP deck you out in blue items in one day). Epics are thrown at us for a while also. And now Legendaries are less rare also, but there is only one legendary item so still kinda legendary I guess.
    If you call something uncommon then it should be uncommon.

Deleted
    That changes. To be honest, I've never had a legendary item before but anyway...
    The animation effect look pretty nice and love their designs but with old races models, It's kinda odd. When I play a pandaren with a cloak, that is drastically better.

But I would like to remove legendary crafts on LFR and put its to the new Flexible raids.

Deleted
    couldnt care less.
    Im a 13/13 raider and if other people get orange items doesnt matter if they are hardcore player or casuals.
    What i dont like is ppl like you in this threat talking down to ppl with lives and bitching about how the cloaks look.
    You always have the option to blend the cloak out.
    And if the legendary would be a weapon you would still cry because casuals get it

and yes im am ok with the legendary in this expansion. A meta that gives me 6-8% dmg and another proc that looks nice. Hey why complain over free dmg
    And if u dont like your current weapons theres transmog.