Thread: Post Your UI

I believe putting long strings like that into quotes on the forum can screw them up, so should have been in tags instead.
    I think they copied those ruined exports directly into pastebin rather than doing the exports again.

Hello All,

I am fairly new to mods. I have mainly used bartender and healbot for several years. I recently installed Affinitii's UI as I am trying to obtain a more cleaner, sleeker, and customizable look.

I found a few things wrong with Affinitii's UI (or it may just be my lack of knowledge with the mods and how to tweak them).

1. Bar 6 will not load. I received some kind of error for a page.
    2. I am unable to move the raid frames.
    3. I am unable to move WeakAuras.
    4. I've searched all over to disable the ElvUI Raidcooldowns and still cannot find it.
    5. I have no leave vehicle button; I cannot find it.
    6. When I get on a two-seater mount, the icon of the passing does not show up.

Below are a few screenshots of my UI. Please provide me with some feedback on what I could change or suggestions for a different UI.

Tank: Non-combat

Tank: Combat

Heals: Non-Combat

Heals: Combat

Screenshot with a few things pointed out

Thanks,

Devo
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-07-31 at 08:46 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShade View Post
    I tried importing the setup under your RaidFrames and I get a error message and can not go any further and won't even import it.

Error Message:
    "WeakAuras
    Error decompressing: Decompression error at 211/7156"

I would assume there is something wrong with your copy paste? Might try exporting the string again and updating Pastebin.

-Shade
    http://pastebin.com/h6FySfmN Under Raidframes
    http://pastebin.com/W5S7yqX1 Background
    http://pastebin.com/PSGVbCuU mid-left

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devos View Post
    Hello All,

I am fairly new to mods. I have mainly used bartender and healbot for several years. I recently installed Affinitii's UI as I am trying to obtain a more cleaner, sleeker, and customizable look.

I found a few things wrong with Affinitii's UI (or it may just be my lack of knowledge with the mods and how to tweak them).

1. Bar 6 will not load. I received some kind of error for a page.
    2. I am unable to move the raid frames.
    3. I am unable to move WeakAuras.
    4. I've searched all over to disable the ElvUI Raidcooldowns and still cannot find it.
    5. I have no leave vehicle button; I cannot find it.
    6. When I get on a two-seater mount, the icon of the passing does not show up.

Below are a few screenshots of my UI. Please provide me with some feedback on what I could change or suggestions for a different UI.

Screenshot with a few things pointed out

"Snipped"

Thanks,
    Devo
    Couple things that might help answer your questions about the screen shot from above.

1) Your raid cooldowns top left of your screen, you should be able to logout and click on addons and uncheck the addon which will cause it to not display / work. It will get rid of it. If you want to completely delete the addon you will have to go into your World of Warcraft directory under addons and physically remove the addon.

2) Your raid frames above your holy spells can me moved by typing /ec to enter ElvUI config menu > Toggle Anchors > and then locate your Raid 10, Raid 25, Party 5 black boxes and move them where you desire. You can also edit the size etc from the Unit Frames option and select Raid 10 Frames, Raid 25 Frames, Party Frames. Or you can completely disable those Raid Frames all together and use either Healbot or Vuhdo as Raid Frames.

3) the 5 Yellow Circles below your healing CD's / Spells is your Holy Power built with WeakAuras I do believe. So you would have to locate the group within your WeakAuras and move it that way or disable it all together, up to you.

4) As for your 3rd window... you will have to go into ElvUI and extend our the window that is holding your Skada / Omen / Healing window and make a 3rd skada window but you can not embed it. I would highly recommend you to check out ElvUI Tutorial on youtube.com to learn how to fully tweak ElvUI.

Think that should cover everything.
    Hope this helps.
    -Shade

Quote Originally Posted by TheShade View Post
    Couple things that might help answer your questions about the screen shot from above.

1) Your raid cooldowns top left of your screen, you should be able to logout and click on addons and uncheck the addon which will cause it to not display / work. It will get rid of it. If you want to completely delete the addon you will have to go into your World of Warcraft directory under addons and physically remove the addon.

2) Your raid frames above your holy spells can me moved by typing /ec to enter ElvUI config menu > Toggle Anchors > and then locate your Raid 10, Raid 25, Party 5 black boxes and move them where you desire. You can also edit the size etc from the Unit Frames option and select Raid 10 Frames, Raid 25 Frames, Party Frames. Or you can completely disable those Raid Frames all together and use either Healbot or Vuhdo as Raid Frames.

3) the 5 Yellow Circles below your healing CD's / Spells is your Holy Power built with WeakAuras I do believe. So you would have to locate the group within your WeakAuras and move it that way or disable it all together, up to you.

4) As for your 3rd window... you will have to go into ElvUI and extend our the window that is holding your Skada / Omen / Healing window and make a 3rd skada window but you can not embed it. I would highly recommend you to check out ElvUI Tutorial on youtube.com to learn how to fully tweak ElvUI.

Think that should cover everything.
    Hope this helps.
    -Shade
    Hi Shade,

Thank you for the tips and information. I will mess around with it in the morning and see how it turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    Results:

Even stole the transparent. My 10m raid frames are weird but I like it for some reason. I might go back to my normal grey color just to match the rest of my UI. Idk how to make DBM transparent.
    Maby switch raidframes to horizontal growth, in this way you can have a cleaner transition from 10-25. Toght DBM has transparency included. However you can also try this: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...urora_DBM.html

Hello All,

1. Bar 6 will not load. I received some kind of error for a page. Actionbar 6 (is by default mouseover, above skada/omen)
    2. I am unable to move the raid frames. type /ec -> Unitframes
    3. I am unable to move WeakAuras. /wa highlight the aura u want to move and either move it or type in the numbers
    4. I've searched all over to disable the ElvUI Raidcooldowns and still cannot find it. that addon is called "Blood Legion Cooldown Tracker - disable or delete it
    5. I have no leave vehicle button; I cannot find it. Leave Vehicle Button appears INSIDE the minimap (its a small white arrow) as soon as you are mounted
    6. When I get on a two-seater mount, the icon of the passing does not show up. it does, its on the top left of the screen
    And get rid of healbot and decursive (didnt event know it still excist)... use the ElvUi raidframes and mouseover macros or Clique to heal, they are pretty good

Next thing i noticed IS that you forgot to import the Affinit Filters and Settings inside Shadow and Light (Your combat Text looks just gross) Check out Affinitis Guide on how to set it up properly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa1O6teXV_E

So... delete Addons and WTF Folder and start from scratch with the Tutorial... whenn you are done u will have a pretty good UI (i tweaked alot in it but yeh)

Edit: Pre-morning coffe typing. Didn't read through other replies correctly.
    Last edited by Malcanthet; 2013-07-31 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Someone already posted same info

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Inconsistency in a few places.
    Font on castbars, timers above target frame look out of place.
    Button skin as another poster said would be better with something less glossy, more flat.
    On your second image I see similar a font issue on your damage meter.
    Actually, you know any good button skin? The only one I've found to like Is the caith one.

Quote Originally Posted by Phazedn View Post
    Actually, you know any good button skin? The only one I've found to like Is the caith one.
    Assuming using Masque.
    Currently using a skin without any significant gloss effect so cannot really test the difference, but try this.

/masque
    Gloss Settings - Opacity, try lowering it.

Mostly default UI aimed for tanking (Brewmaster here) with extras for QOL purposes:

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/5463/ppy6.jpg

Deleted
    hey daniie what nameplates are those? tidyplates?

Quote Originally Posted by yoshioo View Post
    And get rid of healbot and decursive (didnt event know it still excist)... use the ElvUi raidframes and mouseover macros or Clique to heal, they are pretty good

Next thing i noticed IS that you forgot to import the Affinit Filters and Settings inside Shadow and Light (Your combat Text looks just gross) Check out Affinitis Guide on how to set it up properly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa1O6teXV_E

So... delete Addons and WTF Folder and start from scratch with the Tutorial... whenn you are done u will have a pretty good UI (i tweaked alot in it but yeh)
    Thanks yoshioo for the breakdown of how to edit/fix each of them. I'll download Clique and test it out.

Quote Originally Posted by haaze View Post
    hey daniie what nameplates are those? tidyplates?
    Yes TidyPlates with Threat Plate as the select theme. Minimalist bar texture & Accidental Precedency font.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks yoshioo for the breakdown of how to edit/fix each of them. I'll download Clique and test it out.
    Clique is okay but I'd much more highly recommend mouseover macros for all your heals - you'll have more spells to use on your raid than can be covered with a standard gaming mouse.

#showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,help,exists][] Divine Light

That's a standard macro you can use. Will cast the heal on your mouseover target or just your target if not mousing over anything. Defaults to healing player if neither mousing over or targeting a friendly.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Elv UI needs to diaf! *Shudders*

Quote Originally Posted by Daniie View Post
    Yes TidyPlates with Threat Plate as the select theme. Minimalist bar texture & Accidental Precedency font.

- - - Updated - - -

Clique is okay but I'd much more highly recommend mouseover macros for all your heals - you'll have more spells to use on your raid than can be covered with a standard gaming mouse.

#showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,help,exists][] Divine Light

That's a standard macro you can use. Will cast the heal on your mouseover target or just your target if not mousing over anything. Defaults to healing player if neither mousing over or targeting a friendly.
    Woot? Mouse1, Mouse2, Mouse3, Mouse4, Mouse5 plus modifiers like Shift, ALT, CTRL should be enough?!?

problem with mouseover macro all is that u have limited numbers of macros... plus: you can put in random macros to clique, also clique offers automatic "spec-switch" which automaticly changes eveything... and what i like the most is... different spells for different units... f.e. i got the Big Heal on "Mouse1" if its a friendly target and dmg spell on the same button if its a enemey target
    Last edited by yoshioo; 2013-07-31 at 11:37 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Assuming using Masque.
    Currently using a skin without any significant gloss effect so cannot really test the difference, but try this.

/masque
    Gloss Settings - Opacity, try lowering it.
    Did just this, looks much better now - thanks C:

Quote Originally Posted by yoshioo View Post
    Woot? Mouse1, Mouse2, Mouse3, Mouse4, Mouse5 plus modifiers like Shift, ALT, CTRL should be enough?!?

problem with mouseover macro all is that u have limited numbers of macros... plus: you can put in random macros to clique, also clique offers automatic "spec-switch" which automaticly changes eveything... and what i like the most is... different spells for different units... f.e. i got the Big Heal on "Mouse1" if its a friendly target and dmg spell on the same button if its a enemey target
    Yeh I'm not saying Clique is bad - I used to use it myself - but I just find it's quite limiting. Binding spells to Mouse 1 & 2 severely limits the movement of your mouse. It literally has to be hovering over your raid frames at all times. I find macros easier as I can just target a player and move with my mouse and just stop to cast without straining for the frames. Each to their own anyway.

Also between the standard macro page & character specific I have more than enough. There's addons for more macro space anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniie View Post
    Yeh I'm not saying Clique is bad - I used to use it myself - but I just find it's quite limiting. Binding spells to Mouse 1 & 2 severely limits the movement of your mouse. It literally has to be hovering over your raid frames at all times. I find macros easier as I can just target a player and move with my mouse and just stop to cast without straining for the frames. Each to their own anyway.

Also between the standard macro page & character specific I have more than enough. There's addons for more macro space anyway.
    While it's getting off topic, using Clique doesn't effect your ability to use a normal mouse over macro. Clique literally does nothing other than grant you more customization options. It doesn't restrict anything at all.

@refire - No but why would you have mouseover macros to heal as well as Clique?