Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by evilgnomey View Post
    Compared to the expansion itself which is sometimes even cheaper and lasts longer? Not too mention you can't play the game if you don't pay unlike the stream which is just info and is available after the event.
    Considering that BlizzCon still runs at a net loss? Yes, it is.

Deleted
    Far too expensive in this day and age.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilananazz View Post
    Yes. Paying to stream the event is just bullshit imo. it should be free
    They're already losing money from Blizzcon, even with the people that pay to stream the event. Why would they make it free if they lose already lose money from it?

I wouldnt pay $5 for it...but to each their own. Obviously people are buying it, and their accountants feel that price-point is best, so I won't judge. Ill watch it for free elsewhere.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

Deleted
    It's not mandatory to buy it and it really is a fair amount in my opinion for something blizzard really don't have to give to us. You can get all the info and trailers etc from MMO-Champ so your not really missing out.

I personally did get the ticket because I'm looking forward to sitting down and fanboying over all the new stuff as it happens and I look at it like this, for me to go to america and get a hotel, food etc etc is a little more than $40 even if u live in america I suspect

It's not too expensive. It's cheaper than 1 WWE event. If you can't find 40 dollars to spend on this, you don't deserve to watch it live. Wait for the illegal youtube video to get posted.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLordDariusCrowley View Post
    They're already losing money from Blizzcon, even with the people that pay to stream the event. Why would they make it free if they lose already lose money from it?
    No they aren't... please take marketing 101 to find out why they aren't losing money. This has been the stupidest myth spouted every 5 minutes this week. I am tired of hearing it. and I am tired of explaining why you are so wrong.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

Deleted
    The stream just like all of blizzards services are not required but a bonus to anyone who wishes to use them.

If you do not agree with the price then don't pay for it. everything that is on the stream will be updated across the internet within mins of it being said and turned into a TL;DR text anyway.

Find a friend who has the stream and ask them to stream the stream and set it up with a password or share screen on skype with someone.

You're only missing out on the in game pet and achievement by not paying.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    Please tell me you're not that stupid and/or clueless.
    Blizzcon costs them money
    Why would they give it to you for free?

Don't tell me you're so stupid and clueless as to think that "loyalty" and "awareness" are enough to justify spending their money on you

Christ if $40 is cheap for a stream how much does it cost for a ticket to the actual event? $40 is not cheap by any stretch of the imagination for a stream of what is a massive game advert. It's funny how nobody paid any money for the stream of the PS4 or Xbone announcements, or coverage from other gaming events.

Blizzard is bending you over and bumraping you and you're taking it willingly.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

To some, no it is worth it but to me the event is nothing more than a marketing and PR exercise, so why would I pay them money for them to advertise their new games to me. The virtual ticket is a shocking amount of money.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Blizzcon costs them money
    Why would they give it to you for free?

Don't tell me you're so stupid and clueless as to think that "loyalty" and "awareness" are enough to justify spending their money on you
    TI1, 2 and 3 were all 100% free (dota 2)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    No they aren't... please take marketing 101 to find out why they aren't losing money. This has been the stupidest myth spouted every 5 minutes this week. I am tired of hearing it. and I am tired of explaining why you are so wrong.
    The correct term would be they are not making a direct profit by hosting Blizcon by that I mean the ticket sales and all other blizcon related sales will not cover the cost of the event.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Christ if $40 is cheap for a stream how much does it cost for a ticket to the actual event? $40 is not cheap by any stretch of the imagination for a stream of what is a massive game advert. It's funny how nobody paid any money for the stream of the PS4 or Xbone announcements, or coverage from other gaming events.

Blizzard is bending you over and bumraping you and you're taking it willingly.
    Sony didn't charge for their stream because they didn't pay for e3, Blizzcon is entirely self-funded

Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    TI1, 2 and 3 were all 100% free (dota 2)
    they were funded by in-game purchases, Blizzard could certainly have gone the route of adding limited time Blizzcon-funding items to the store but they chose to use this one instead
    which also supplies in-game items, coincidentally
    Last edited by Imnick; 2013-11-05 at 11:45 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I thought the price was good, I bought a virtual ticket

I'm just saying I think it is too much considering I'll actually buy the next WoW expansion for equal or less and get much more enjoyment out of it for a much longer period and maybe they could split it up into sections for each audience who want info on a specific game for $15. Not complaining, just curious as to what people think.

Quote Originally Posted by evilgnomey View Post
    I'm just saying I think it is too much considering I'll actually buy the next WoW expansion for equal or less and get much more enjoyment out of it for a much longer period and maybe they could split it up into sections for each audience who want info on a specific game for $15. Not complaining, just curious as to what people think.
    If it is too much for you then don't pay, wait less than a day and watch everything on youtube for free, skipping things you aren't interested in

hell there'll probably be people streaming the stream live for you somewhere

Extremely overpriced. Might worth 1 or 2 usd, for a stream.... geez.
    <Method> Tntmaxy #1 #2

Deleted
    You're paying 40 dollars for commercials, sounds overpriced as fuck to me

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Sony didn't charge for their stream because they didn't pay for e3, Blizzcon is entirely self-funded
    I think he was talking about the PS4 official unveiling that Sony streamed themeselves, Microsoft did the same for the Xbone IIRC.