Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Paying the full price of a brand new game to not play a game you pay a sub for.
    Paying the full price of a brand new game to skip old, boring ass content and move on to the current expansion for a game you pay a sub for. The only reason to spend the $60, is to save me two gruling days of boring stuff just to see the new content.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    The solution is not to make you pay to skip the unenjoyable part. It's to fix the unenjoyable part.
    Did it in Cata. Most people were not amused. The actual problem isn't what you think it is. There is no 'fix' for leveling. Leveling is simply an antiquated system from traditional MMOs. It's included by default, but most people don't enjoy it. Leveling is the problem. WoW leveling is not the problem...they have actually made the experience much more enjoyable and improved the pacing compared to other games. It's just too late to change their design as that is one of the large changes they said they can't do otherwise it alienates players.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tseol View Post
    I am prepared to admit that I am not the fastest leveler to ever grace the game. Plus, less experience means more travel time, depending on the leveling method. With 3x experience, you could probably cover most of the ground by just grinding dungeons. Go through once, finish the quests, hit random, get a new dungeon. Without 3x experience, you're hitting the same dungeons a lot more often, which means a smaller chunk of xp comes from dungeon quests. If we're talking questing, then again, you're getting more xp per quest, vastly reducing your travel time. And, as I said, I stopped grinding levels here and there to focus on herbalism and inscription. Also, I believe I heard that RAF and Heirlooms stack by multiplication, not addition. So while I'm getting 150% (base + 50), you're getting closer to 450% than 350%.

The afk time isn't exactly the "only" culprit.
    Questing? The only thing I did in the world was getting my rep tabards for more bag space. We don't queue like you describe either. We only do dungeon quests. We queue random, if the chance is high we get the same one we queue specific. We also mass chain pull due to our comp (disc + brew) and while that does make ya feel good and saves time its not huge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    First and foremost I am not your son. Second, when it comes to raiding the purpose is to get better and better to the point of dropping a boss, as fast as possible, with no wipes, while working together as a team. Your "raid gear" in epic purple is replaced by crafted greens/blues the very next expac. Everyone knows raiding is about skill and team play. Anyone who raids for gear is an idiot since RNG is a cruel mistress. As for playing other games, that is a weak argument. I happen to enjoy WoW. I enjoy it so much I've had 5 total accounts (3 at the same time) and have spent thousands of dollars between the boxes, the sub fees, race changes, faction changes, server changes, mounts, pets, and more. In fact, I've spent less on WoW in 7 years than I have on smoking (when I still smoked) in 2 years. I would say it was a much better investment. So, in my own personal opinion, speaking for no one but myself, anyone who raids just for gear, is an idiot. Raiding has so much more depth. Gear is just scratching that surface.
    Gear is a tool to achieve something. CM & PG is a snapshot of gear, downsized/equalized. Once the achievement has been made there is no reason to get more gear unless more achievements are within reach. Which means guilds wiping 3 months on Siege HC are going to disband because there is no point anymore (hence: nerfs). Once all content has been cleared, what is the point of gear exactly? The only thing you get from Garrosh still is heirlooms and a mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Well, RAF is gone now, isn't it?
    No, only scroll of ressurection

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Did it in Cata. Most people were not amused. The actual problem isn't what you think it is. There is no 'fix' for leveling. Leveling is simply an antiquated system from traditional MMOs. It's included by default, but most people don't enjoy it. Leveling is the problem. WoW leveling is not the problem...they have actually made the experience much more enjoyable and improved the pacing compared to other games. It's just too late to change their design as that is one of the large changes they said they can't do otherwise it alienates players.
    Leveling is not the problem.

You might think it's the problem, but guess what. that is what an MMO is, they make games for the playstation just for you, Go play them instead of screwing up leveling
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

I like how its always fine when WoW does this kind of shit.
    If it was any other MMORPG the reaction would be quite a bit different...
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    $20 to much imo. within a year the price will drop to $40. i bet.
    What makes you say this? They've never dropped the price of similar services in all the years they've been successfully functioning.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

PERFECT PRICE imho!

I'm so glad it wasn't any cheaper!

Now it's not the 'thing' to do, and low level dungeons and bgs will still have peoples in them!

woohoo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Gear is a tool to achieve something. CM & PG is a snapshot of gear, downsized/equalized. Once the achievement has been made there is no reason to get more gear unless more achievements are within reach. Which means guilds wiping 3 months on Siege HC are going to disband because there is no point anymore (hence: nerfs). Once all content has been cleared, what is the point of gear exactly? The only thing you get from Garrosh still is heirlooms and a mount.
    It is a tool, but not the focus. As for farming rep/mounts/etc, that can be done at the beginning of the next expac. How many people had Ashes in Cata vs how many got it in MoP? Gear is only a means to an end, it is not the end itself, and that was the point I was making.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    It becomes an ever increasing issue as time marches on and the ceiling increases. No new user would ever pick up a game knowing they have to level 140 levels before they can actually play on the same level as their friend, or other long term players.

Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    I like how its always fine when WoW does this kind of shit.
    If it was any other MMORPG the reaction would be quite a bit different...
    In what world is it like that ? its the other way around, Blizzard see something that people like or works in another game and implement it and its a flood of QQ post about how Blizzard is just copying and stealing other stuff, other company´s do the same thing and and its like god walks the earth and its the best thing ever done.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    Some people level a new toon in lieu of faction changing and/or server changing. If a boost was cheaper, they might lose server/faction change business as a result, with more people opting to boost a new toon rather than faction and server changing.
    ...that makes so little sense as, chances are, so few people faction change and server change. Not to mention that giving this as cheaper might encourage more people to do what your suggesting who would otherwise not do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    We need some sort of way to see if the character has been boosted to 90 through the paid service so we know who to vote kick in our dungeons.

Infracted.
    looks like someone is poor and envious lol

It becomes an ever increasing issue as time marches on and the ceiling increases. No new user would ever pick up a game knowing they have to level 140 levels before they can actually play on the same level as their friend, or other long term players.
    thats basically every mmorpg game, then there's the issue of gear, even if you got a 90 now and your friend is a heroic raider you cannot play on the same level as them, then there's the skill curve, walking into raids takes a while to get used to mechanics.

welcome to mmorpgs i see you're very new to them you have a lot of learn.

Deleted
    It is a tool, but not the focus. As for farming rep/mounts/etc, that can be done at the beginning of the next expac. How many people had Ashes in Cata vs how many got it in MoP? Gear is only a means to an end, it is not the end itself, and that was the point I was making.
    The tool becomes insignificant after you cleared the content or called it a day (as happened with say M'uru). This may make some people look more like lootwhores than they really are. Getting mount etc pre-nerf you got a point but if its a guaranteed drop and you can get it during current content its much more amazing since its more rare mount.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Psiclonus View Post
    I would certainly hope not. I wouldn't get anything of importance done.
    You said a lot of money; not income. If you have a lot of money you really don't care if you burn it on something like this. It makes a boost more of a viable option.

Paying the full price of a brand new game to skip old, boring ass content and move on to the current expansion for a game you pay a sub for. The only reason to spend the $60, is to save me two gruling days of boring stuff just to see the new content.
    It's a part of the game tho. If you don't like that part don't do it. I'm sure you have plenty of 90's, they are giving you a free one with WoD, why do you need more cheap ones?

On a side note I would GLADLY pay 60 "to save me two gruling days of boring stuff just to see the new content" if I hated that much.

I also find it funny that before the boost to 90 BARELY anyone complained about the actually process of getting a new character to 90. Actually people would often make reference to how easy it is, and how your stupid if you can't do it in like 20 hours. Buck up and pay if you don't feel like doing a couple days of something 'easy'

Most would rathe spend that money on a brand new game that provides 40+ hours of NEW content vs using it to save two whole days of leveling.

People who buy this are the kind of people credit card companies love :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Leveling is not the problem.

You might think it's the problem, but guess what. that is what an MMO is, they make games for the playstation just for you, Go play them instead of screwing up leveling
    Reality check here to counter your baseless insults: End game has been 'the point' of games since forever...thus why it is called 'end game'. Leveling is a vehicle to reach that goal, but it is not the point so to speak. Otherwise the game would end when you finished leveling. It's ironic that in your attempt to be petty you actually pointed to a platform that is more in tune with your desires.

Namely, if your desire is the journey and then to be done at the end...then console games tend to have more games that fit that style. Blizzard has even admitted themselves that they relied on leveling as content for far too long and they will not do that anymore. Sorry, but you need to catch up to the times. Leveling is not the point nor the focus of any MMOs. There's actually no reason why leveling needs to exist as the same game play can be offered with no levels at all. GW2 almost pulled this off, but gave in at the last minute to the old style of thinking. It would have functioned almost identical without the levels.

I'd love to hear the myriad of reasons you thinking leveling is important that don't involve 'feels' or 'being an rpg' as those are easily dismissed. I want objective, concrete reasons why leveling as required design mode is needed. Just about any reason you could even think of under those requirements will easily be assimilated by non level required game play. The more you know...
    It sure does. The boost to 90 as a thing, disregarding the price for a moment, is the best idea Blizzard has had in a long time. It's years overdue. I too love leveling and the content that it provides, but I won't delude myself to think that it is functional in any capacity. It's most effective use at this point is a gating and narrative mechanic. It serves no other purpose beyond that scope in terms of working within the design of the game. Much better features can be developed to 'teach' you how to play.
    BAD WOLF

@Kelimbror, I agree entirely. It'd be interesting to consider the idea of wow evolving beyond the need of levels. Blizzard has to see this as a good thing to keep numbers high.

WoD expansion boss, Medivh! Calling it now!

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Because rushing through a lot of low level dungeons with a ton of heirlooms taught people how to play their class properly, right? Right?
    It gave them a better idea of how to play than a freshly spawned 90 thats for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    thats basically every mmorpg game, then there's the issue of gear, even if you got a 90 now and your friend is a heroic raider you cannot play on the same level as them, then there's the skill curve, walking into raids takes a while to get used to mechanics.

welcome to mmorpgs i see you're very new to them you have a lot of learn.
    No, but you can run LFR together, heroic dungeons, Timeless Isle, and more to get to that point. A new player would take weeks or months to hit 90, or give up before getting there. This way, the gap is 75 ilvls and not 89 ACTUAL levels plus 525 ilvls.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Most would rathe spend that money on a brand new game that provides 40+ hours of NEW content vs using it to save two whole days of leveling.

People who buy this are the kind of people credit card companies love :P
    Was not aware you spoke for most people. What you mean to say is YOU would rather spend it in other ways. Also, the people who buy this are people who have money, and understand time is valuable. Takes me an hour and a half to make $60. I could not get from 1-90 in 90 minutes. If I could, I would not spend the money. This is a convenience fee, and if I want the convenience bad enough, I will pay the fee. Plain and simple. I'm sure others agree, but I cannot speak on their behalf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krez View Post
    @Kelimbror, I agree entirely. It'd be interesting to consider the idea of wow evolving beyond the need of levels. Blizzard has to see this as a good thing to keep numbers high.
    I mean I love leveling, because I'm old school...but I can also admit it shouldn't be a focus, a time sink, or a barrier to entry in a game. Especially one that has been out for so long. I would like to see leveling content moved to a different reward structure. For ex, completing the quests in a zone can give you gold, loot, the achievement for finishing it, and how about a themed pet/mount or cosmetic enhancement (including transmog gear, special auras and effects for your character, special spell effects, etc.)

I would also like this system to give bonus rewards for downscaling and completing at an appropriate level. This way people are encouraged to do more than waste time 1 shotting mobs for hours, but aren't forced to play any certain way. But the main point is that end game would start from Day 1. Someone can log on and start doing dungeons, gearing up, then raiding. It puts a burden on developers to make more end game content, but isn't that what everyone keeps asking for anyways? Then each patch could bring something like 2 new dungeons, 1 new large multi winged raid, and a new quest zone/line.
    BAD WOLF