Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    People are social creatures, Gasp
    Yeah I don't think that trying to give someone grief over using a paid service (as the OP was doing) is excusable by saying we're social creatures.

Woooo hooooo!!!! I boosted to 90, I WIN WORLD OF WARCRAFT!!!!

I hate that people keep throwing around the "Pay to win". Leveling doesn't take skill, it takes time...that is all. No one (At least I sure hope no one), has ever said... "Ugh, I just don't think I have the SKILL to level to 90. Pay to win should really only apply when you are paying to avoid something you simply lack the skill to obtain. pay for Arena wins, pay for SOO heroic carry, pay for X item because you can't get it, pay for Warlock green fire, etc. etc..

As said multiple times before, who cares what someone does with their money. "OMG...did you hear that X rapper just threw a bunch of 100s at strippers??? WHAT A WASTE, he could do sooo much more with that money." The pain that does come with it is the learning curve. Yes, LFR currently sucks and backs are going to get strained. It will balance itself out, but I feel that pain too.... lol. Truth is, every time an expansion hits we all feel it...difference is this is before it has hit.

Btw- skipping Cata content alone is almost worth the $60 (I thought about it, but spent a ton of gold to make it more fun - yes I know the OP was referring to skipping Mists, I was referring to me skipping from 80-90. I didn't, but oh it was a tough decision). My guess is that person really dislikes being grounded for 5 more levels and $60 bucks just isn't a ton of cash for them.
    Last edited by Carnebill; 2014-03-17 at 03:55 PM.

Then fix leveling? Why is this such a hard concept to understand
    Complain to Blizzard then, not to the people who are buying a free pass to skip the garbage. I honestly think the bigger issue when it comes to these boosts is that they're 60 dollars AND the expansion is 10 dollars more at 50 dollars for less content. Fucking greedy asshats. Then again people seem to be eating the expansion up too so it's whatever.

What people spend THEIR money on should not bother you at all in a fucking video game. If it does, you need to mature and develop thicker skin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I'm not skipping it though. I have a Loremaster title... twice. Which means...

I am only bypassing content I have already experienced a dozen or more times on multiple characters in 7 years.

Just because I have seen all of the Harry Potter films does not mean I have to watch them all again if all I am in the mood to watch is Deathly Hallows pt 2.

Get. Over. It.
    Get over yourself. Also big red letters doesn't make me understand anymore.

also I dont pay an extra 60 bucks to get to deathly hallows part 2

i used my income tax on 7 lvl 90s boosted honestly what people do with there money is non of your concern op.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortera View Post
    What people spend THEIR money on should not bother you at all in a fucking video game. If it does, you need to mature and develop thicker skin.
    video sports. Multiplayer. ripple effect

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    Yeah I don't think that trying to give someone grief over using a paid service (as the OP was doing) is excusable by saying we're social creatures.
    Why try to understand other's decisions. Like crocs

10+ Year Old Account
    Fixing leveling would involve removing most of the quests, streamlining the process, and refreshing the content EVERY expansion. Why would Blizz spend money to "improve" something when they can MAKE money to skip it? Do I think it should be fixed? Yes. Will they fix it? No. They've made their choice and now we have boosts.

Deleted
    I make $48 per hour.
    Its funny how every second MMO-C user makes ~$50+ a hour isnt it.

15+ Year Old Account
    How do you make something that takes 30+ hours exciting the 3rd, 4th, 10th time through? You don't.

video sports. Multiplayer. ripple effect

- - - Updated - - -

Why try to understand other's decisions. Like crocs
    Can you point me to a post of yours that explains why you're so upset about people being able to buy 90s?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why they can't "fix" leveling content: People will STILL be going through it multiple times and they will STILL have done it to death. You really want another cataclysm experience (where they redid most of the old world content and yet suffered from lacking endgame?). They can't just continuously update the old world content with each expansion, so people have new ways of getting to the same place (which wouldn't take all that long to get through either, hence not really worth the energy of blizz to get done).

Personally, I'd rather them focus on the content in an expansion so that it is of a high quality, than spreading that over all the old content and have a mediocre at best expansion experience.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Blizzard is just a money hungry company.
    So you'd rather Blizzard be a Non-Profit? What company refuses to grow? They are money hungry yet according to The Richest dot com they are behind our beloved Nintendo and only make half as much as Sony and Microsoft. Adding convenience to the game for a fee does not = money hungry. More revenue streams is a good thing. Blizzard making money is a good thing. It's good for gaming development, it's good for their customers and definitely good for themselves.

you could always pay chinese people to level your account. leveling is a waste of time in the grand scheme of the game, this can't really be argued. This point is not about anything subjective such as omg i love to level or that you learn your character while leveling which simply is not true when stated as an absolute. I know in wrath I hit 80 on my shaman and had full tot 10man/25 loot in about a day (lucky drops and rolls against the pugs but yeah) What im saying is the day or two it could take to level is pretty much wasted. you will replace ALL of that gear, you will have gained.. waht reputation or something? probably meaningless at this point in the xpac.

then look at it this way. I played wow from day one vanilla to halfway through MoP with a few months breaks thrown in there. I do not want to do the SAME quests i have done to level for whatever number of years its been now. yes yes i know i can pvp or dungeon grind, or run around picking herbs to level i guess but either one of those options is not any less monotonous or boring to me as straight quest grinding. And as i said these quests are the SAME as they have been since vanilla. the cataclsym revamp didnt really do anything but perhaps switch a npc's location or the wording in the quest to make it more relevant to cataclysm. I know theres a lot of new quests and 1k needles and such, but after reading this post you think thats going to sway me into wanting to grind out a bunch of quests. Its already grindy doing your rotations in raids, much less on thousands of mobs to level.

with all that said. i think paying to boost a character steals soul away from a game.. but wow lost its soul a while back so that is not a good argument
    but berating people who take advantage of blizzard's services is stupid. have you ever yelled at someone because they transferred a character? OMG GO LEVEL A NEW ON NEWB. same principle to me. and no i dont care to hear the differences between 60$ for 1-90 and 25 (or whatever) for transferring a character of your own sweat and blood. sure dont.

Deleted
    Fixing leveling would involve removing most of the quests, streamlining the process, and refreshing the content EVERY expansion. Why would Blizz spend money to "improve" something when they can MAKE money to skip it?
    Because, you know, Business ethics? The greed has to end somewhere.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by z4x View Post
    Its funny how every second MMO-C user makes ~$50+ a hour isnt it.

God forbid we're not all broke college students.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therayeffect View Post
    Can you point me to a post of yours that explains why you're so upset about people being able to buy 90s?
    they are throughout this thread. in a multiplayer game, where the max is 90. Any content where I play with these boosted 90s has become an unbelieveable nightmare

10+ Year Old Account
    Get over yourself. Also big red letters doesn't make me understand anymore.

also I dont pay an extra 60 bucks to get to deathly hallows part 2
    $60 is the the cost to skip it. If paying to watch only the last film in a series cost me $3 for 2 hours, or it meant me watching all 12 hours of the movie, I would pay the $3. The big red letters were to make my point more obvious. If there is one thing I have learned from forum goers is nothing can make any of them understand jack shit.

So. I will leave it at this:

I've already purchased 3 boosts and used the free one that came with my CE. You need to understand that A) There is nothing you, or anyone else can say or do about it to make yourselves feel better and B) Blizz just made a shit ton of money selling boosts LONG before TESO or Wildstar even went up for Launch. Like them or not, they are shrewd. But, at least I have the sense to know they are a for-profit corporation and making money on a 10 year old product is their only task.

So, I hope you all have a splendid day, and be sure to at least bury this poor horse when you have finished beating him to death.

Just put this optional leveling boost aside, let's talk about the $15/month model.

The customer service doesn't require us to pay that much to keep it running, especially when you consider that every 2 years there're hundreds of millions $ injection from releasing a new expansion, so that customer service upkeep is just an excuse.

The real reason why they are charging you every month is that at the time of WoW release, they know there is no other MMO that can challenge what they made(and it WAS great), as time goes on it becomes something mandatory and people get used to that commitment of paying $15/month.

But that's not it, it's well planned, making you pay $15/month = forcing you to play the game, because if you don't play, you are wasting your money.

The current difference gears is also another way to make you play the game even when you don't want to, because if you don't update your chars, you are useless. Gears just 1 tier apart and the difference can be more than double.

Blizzard claimed that they made upgrades to be 'more rewarding', but in truth it is to make the majority to play their games more instead of losing the players to other games. Since if you use up all your free time to play WoW, you won't have time to even check out other games, let alone buy and play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by z4x View Post
    Because, you know, Business ethics? The greed has to end somewhere.
    Welcome to a capitalist economy.

/farewell