10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakeshi View Post
    Point is, changes to how attack power, weapon damage and whatever works affect damage and can make abilities stronger than intended.
    Which all just goes back to balancing and appropriate buffs/nerfs. There are a very finite number of things numbers can be used for in this game, and since it's already testable, I honestly can't think of anything other than balancing they could be doing. My problem is when they try to tell us they aren't nerfing/buffing anything and/or that we don't have the whole picture as if we have zero idea of what's going on. It's like they think we're second-graders.

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...91018802950144

Which begs the question, at least from me, if the game is already testable and these aren't nerfs to 90% of our abilities (and whatever else is going on with other classes), what is the point of the numbers changing then? I'm completely at a loss as to what else it could be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Someone link the double wings uptime glyph. That is lol op. 1 min of sanc wrath and final verdict. Rip emp seals. Ain't nobody got time for that. Literally. We are gcd locked with those

- - - Updated - - -

Makes u question how op reading ESS is to give a 20 second wings downtime. Hurr hurr

- - - Updated - - -

To me 60 second wings n fv. What do u think well stack. Uhhh haste n mastery very likely. Or less likely? DAT inwu scaling still hurts the 0 compensation towards mastery we have seen

- - - Updated - - -

Also seraph still bad emp still clunky I play the raid bosses not my rotation

- - - Updated - - -

Is 30% autos worth 6 gcds a min with very likely downtime. No.

Face it emp seals is a 15% ap passive. Fv is a dou left damage finisher. And seraph is a cool on paper but terrible implementation
    I'm inclined to agree with SW/FV with merciful wrath right now if HoW stays relatively as strong as it is now compared to our other abilities and being able to use it for over 50% of the fight over judge/exo. That being said, we have no way of knowing that it will because it's losing damage on both fronts without inq.
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

Good luck with that inqu compensation. It wont happen

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry though. That wasn't a nerf on HoW there. Celestalon even said so.

<_<

>_>

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredzilla View Post
    Which all just goes back to balancing and appropriate buffs/nerfs. There are a very finite number of things numbers can be used for in this game, and since it's already testable, I honestly can't think of anything other than balancing they could be doing. My problem is when they try to tell us they aren't nerfing/buffing anything and/or that we don't have the whole picture as if we have zero idea of what's going on. It's like they think we're second-graders.

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...91018802950144

Which begs the question, at least from me, if the game is already testable and these aren't nerfs to 90% of our abilities (and whatever else is going on with other classes), what is the point of the numbers changing then? I'm completely at a loss as to what else it could be.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm inclined to agree with SW/FV with merciful wrath right now if HoW stays relatively as strong as it is now compared to our other abilities and being able to use it for over 50% of the fight over judge/exo. That being said, we have no way of knowing that it will because it's losing damage on both fronts without inq.

Actually, with hammer being 100% of our AP, that change alone made it stronger without INQ than it is live, so as it stands NOW hammer is stronger, and has high usage with scant wrath and merciful wrath. with enough CDR towards the end of the expo we will have a perma 10% damage increase AND get to spam hammer and CS all day, which means that if we have enough secondary stats after the CDR cap we will possibly go full mastery, since every ability we use would proc it, which would be IMBA in it's current form.

That is all speculation that we go live AS IS and will be subject to change, but the thought of that was like... lol? do you WANT more pure holy damage paladins like you had at the start of wrath one shotting kids?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reghame View Post
    Actually, with hammer being 100% of our AP, that change alone made it stronger without INQ than it is live, so as it stands NOW hammer is stronger, and has high usage with scant wrath and merciful wrath. with enough CDR towards the end of the expo we will have a perma 10% damage increase AND get to spam hammer and CS all day, which means that if we have enough secondary stats after the CDR cap we will possibly go full mastery, since every ability we use would proc it, which would be IMBA in it's current form.

That is all speculation that we go live AS IS and will be subject to change, but the thought of that was like... lol? do you WANT more pure holy damage paladins like you had at the start of wrath one shotting kids?
    I said relatively as strong as it as now compared to our other abilities, not to itself. AP->SP scaling isn't the only thing that's changing, and HoW isn't the only thing it affects. We're getting 4x as much weapon damage from AP as we are now come WoD, so HoW very well could fall back in relative strength compared to our other abilities. None of us can definitively say what it's going to end up. We can only make somewhat educated guesses based on the info we have now. And we don't know what mastery will end up like right now, because without the scaling from inq, it's just that much less powerful. Not being compensated for that 30% in our scaling can easily throw off our stat weights. Plus we don't even know that AW will still be a 2 min cd for us, which will have a rather large impact on talent choices.

Further down the very same set of patch notes

Protection, Retribution, Retribution
    Hammer of the Righteous now does 35% weapon damage, followed by 20% Holy weapon damage, down from 50% and 25%.
    So I would not get too excited too fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rewyn View Post
    Further down the very same set of patch notes

So I would not get too excited too fast.
    No one was ever excited about HotR? O.o

Where are these Divine Purpose changes, am I just not seeing them in today's update?

10+ Year Old Account
    There was no DP change. Only clarification that it has no interaction with seraphim

10+ Year Old Account
    Tooltip changes.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

There was no DP change. Only clarification that it has no interaction with seraphim
    Oh was someone thinking they could use a DP proc to activate something that costs 5 holy power?

dat Final Verdict buff.

Don't expect that to last. You'll hear the QQ from orbit when the first Warrior eats an Ashbringer to the face.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Looks like Ret's getting 20% crit chance from Avenging Wrath. We could burst more with the Glyph. Thoughts?

twitter.com/Celestalon/status/469351114010161152

10+ Year Old Account
    Merciful wrath is the exact opposite of a burst increase. It would give us better sustained throughout the fight due to increased HoW usage. We could "burst" more often with the glyph, but each "burst" would be half as powerful and twice as often.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Don't expect that to last. You'll hear the QQ from orbit when the first Warrior eats an Ashbringer to the face.
    The QQ will blot out the sun.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Merciful wrath is the exact opposite of a burst increase. It would give us better sustained throughout the fight due to increased HoW usage. We could "burst" more often with the glyph, but each "burst" would be half as powerful and twice as often.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mascarious View Post
    Looks like Ret's getting 20% crit chance from Avenging Wrath. We could burst more with the Glyph. Thoughts?

twitter.com/Celestalon/status/469351114010161152

what glyph

edit nevermind google helped me figure this out.
    Last edited by MBDTF; 2014-05-22 at 07:28 PM.

Oops, I meant sustained, not burst. I also just realized the glyph reduces the effect. What a bummer. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    It'd be an absurd glyph if it just reduced the CD.

The loss of the Inq built-in crit is bugging me... But at least Final Verdict won't be a noodle slap.